PDA

View Full Version : Map Not Found

cowbynit
03-09-2012, 06:23 PM
I seem to be missing some maps, I just downloaded CSS about 2 months ago. When the sever switches to certain maps I can't join the game due to not having the map. I have done searches for the missing maps but most of them have been removed from the file servers. Anyone, know why this is and where I can get these maps?

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-09-2012, 06:30 PM
I seem to be missing some maps, I just downloaded CSS about 2 months ago. When the sever switches to certain maps I can't join the game due to not having the map. I have done searches for the missing maps but most of them have been removed from the file servers. Anyone, know why this is and where I can get these maps?

What is the error message you get?

cowbynit
03-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Disconnected "Missing map ****, disconnecting." Like just now, I got disconnected because I don't have the gg_toon_shotty map, and its wierd because it goes thru a downloading status bar before it pops the error message but it gets stuck like half way thru the download and then says I don't have the map and disconnects me...

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Is there a .bsp anywhere in that error mesage?

Joker
03-09-2012, 10:58 PM
What is the map that your having problems downloading? Because there are a few maps that aren't working properly with the fast download and zero just needs to know what the map names are. Either that or your setting are not allowing for all the servers downloable files and so it forceably discounects you.

cowbynit
03-10-2012, 02:07 AM
a few maps after talking to mikey in game, i got a disconnect for not having the map gg_daftpunk.bsp, and as far as i can remember all the maps i get disconnected from have the .bsp extension... mikey was saying something about there being an issue there. however, i will start writing down all the maps that it doesn't download if i need to. Its like the game trys to begin the download but doesn't complete it...

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-10-2012, 02:45 PM
a few maps after talking to mikey in game, i got a disconnect for not having the map gg_daftpunk.bsp, and as far as i can remember all the maps i get disconnected from have the .bsp extension... mikey was saying something about there being an issue there. however, i will start writing down all the maps that it doesn't download if i need to. Its like the game trys to begin the download but doesn't complete it...
in console type net_maxfilesize 99 - cl_allowupload 1 and cl_allowdownload 1
If this does not work, let me know.

cowbynit
03-11-2012, 11:23 AM
That seems to have worked so far, I have played on a few maps that I hadn't played on before so we will see the next time daftpunk comes up and I will know for sure... Thanks for the help mikey!

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-12-2012, 06:54 AM
That seems to have worked so far, I have played on a few maps that I hadn't played on before so we will see the next time daftpunk comes up and I will know for sure... Thanks for the help mikey!

Woooooooot!

ZERO
03-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Ok it appears new maps are a lot bigger than 64 so I have changed the server value on all servers to 110 as it is in the zm server. This shoud fix the issue.

Rage
05-18-2012, 07:47 AM
I get this issue as well but its more random than anything else. Somedays it will work fine, others its a constant issue. Even tried what Mickey said to do and didn't help any...

-----------------------------------------------
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "claymore_2"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "luffaren_watersplash"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "luffaren_impulsor_idle"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "luffaren_impulsor_fire"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "luffaren_ending_explode"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "ending_explode_1"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "ending_explode_2"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "luffaren_spaceshipdetail"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "endboss_smoke"!
Missing map maps/ze_icecap_escape_v5.bsp, disconnecting

Host_Error: Disconnected

Connecting to 208.43.70.233:27015...
Connected to 208.43.70.233:27015

GunGame:SM 1.1.9.1
Map: gg_aztec_battlefield_gillman
Players: 14 / 22
Build: 4833
Server Number: 463

Missing map maps/gg_aztec_battlefield_gillman.bsp, disconnecting

Host_Error: Disconnected