PDA

View Full Version : Serious bug.

blackmail242
03-13-2012, 01:32 AM
Well while we are all used to the crashes there is a bug that is extremely unsual that happend just a few minutes ago. All features WCS related had stopped working. The races couldn't be activated and players couldn't level. It happened on De_dolls, and I do not know if it is related to the map but I believe mikey mentioned this having happened a week or two ago in the forums. :/ I just thought I would give a heads up.

nightstrife
03-13-2012, 02:40 AM
What time did this happen and maybe a demo woul help your story there is the source tv demos and the crashes used to be so much worse that you couldn't go 2 maps with out 1 crash them boom 8 more happened so and of course when races don't work you can't level them because you are not a race lol I haven't seen this on that map yet but I have seen other glitches like no buy zones for only one team.

blackmail242
03-13-2012, 05:15 AM
5255 obviously towards the end of the demo.

CYBER
03-13-2012, 10:46 AM
yeah , this has happened a few times before. i only recently got a demo though... but it's on my old pc that broke... fuck.
There are 2 bugs to distinguish.
There is the "materials" bug, which basically seems to render all thrid-objects objects like ladders, stairs, boxes, ramps etc invisible, yet still accessible. I have noticed a trend where this seems to happens pretty much on cs_assault (the css one) and dust2 (sometimes, also css one).

Then there is the "bug" which is basically the war3mod crash: in this senario, most people cannot buy guns, can only shoot with a gun that they SPAWNED with race-wise (such vagabond scout) only, and yet do ZERO dmg. Models will be appearing as if floating with their hands extended to the side, not holding a gun mostly or anything. All race abilities, ultimates, skins etc are disabled...
The only way out of this problem is changing the map, and it usually resets this.
I am not a 100% sure on the following, so dnt quote me, but i think it needs an admin to change the map, not an rtv, in order to fix the glitch? maybe.
Anyways, mikey has a demo of the first bug i described, not sure if he still has the second bug too (he was drunk that day as a MOTHER, but still was productive and recorded demos like a bawss) since my demos are not currently available for me to submit.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-13-2012, 11:37 AM
It dosnt happen often, but it does happen unfortunately. I do not think it is race related either, reason being is it is a recent problem that started not to long ago. It cant be due to zero losing some code on races either, so that leaves me to think it is a CSS issue. It might behoove one of you to link to the most recent steam and css updates. i would but i am currently at work. I will also look for the demo when i get home.

to best describe the bug, its like every single player in the server was granted material wall hacks.

Edit: i will continue to do some research here at work, in the mean time.. if it happens again, record the following.

1. Console log
2. Demo if need be
3. what where you and the other players doing? (screenie of playerlist - what races were being played when the materials went missing)
4. How many players?
5. any strange player behavior?
6. any noticeable preludes to the final event? (i.e. do textures blink before they disappear)

all this info is useful for pin pointing where the bug originates from, gather as much as possible!

EDIT 2: Most recent CSS update.

Posts in "Product Updates" channel about:
Counter-Strike: Source
Show posts for all products, not just Counter-Strike: Source
Full Stories Headlines
Feb 9, 2012
Counter-Strike: Source Update Released
Product Update - Valve
An update to Counter-Strike: Source has been released. The update will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Limit the effective FOV of players using wide-screen resolutions with aspect ratios wider than 1.85:1. The sv_restrict_aspect_ratio_fov ConVar can be changed to remove the restriction or make the restriction also apply to full-screen players.
Fixed a demo playback crash
Changed the way bot counts are displayed in the server browser: the bot column is now next to the player column and always visible. Bot count is no longer subtracted from maxplayers.
Adjusted error messages on servers when players drop due to Steam authentication failure to be more clear
Additional important server messages now go to the server log instead of just the console
Fixed the HUD radar not using the correct colors for players
Fixed the HUD radar background disappearing after level change
Fixed the class menu models not animating correctly

Rosie
03-13-2012, 01:02 PM
I was playing when the bug happened. It is the second one that Cyber described. I changed the map and all was well until I stopped playing.

blackmail242
03-13-2012, 05:25 PM
I've noticed that this is how the bugs usually appear:

all races and damage stop: Dolls

No buy zones/ one buy zone: Aztec

No visible objects: Assault

Each time one of them happens it is usually on the above mentioned maps.

maynard
03-13-2012, 05:28 PM
there was a full moon last time the server bugged out... so this leads me 2 believe that the moon and the tides of the ocean are clearly linked 2 the issues we're having in WCS.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-13-2012, 05:31 PM
there was a full moon last time the server bugged out... so this leads me 2 believe that the moon and the tides of the ocean are clearly linked 2 the issues we're having in WCS.

This could also potentially mean a new race being secretly released from the depth of the sea.

blackmail242
03-13-2012, 06:37 PM
This could also potentially mean a new race being secretly released from the depth of the sea.
Are we calling it lassy the lockness monster or Posideon? oooooo Or we can call it Aqua boy!

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-13-2012, 07:06 PM
Are we calling it lassy the lockness monster or Posideon? oooooo Or we can call it Aqua boy!

None of those, we shall call it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNMx0x0j5wc&feature=related

brett friggin favre
03-13-2012, 10:50 PM

well the lunar phases and tides are totally unrelated and the only effect that a full moon may have on humans pertains to the possibility of more successful foraging, thereby causing us to make slightly more bold decisions. this is shown in a 3-5% decrease in stock returns in the full moon phase.

Rosie
03-13-2012, 11:18 PM
well the lunar phases and tides are totally unrelated and the only effect that a full moon may have on humans pertains to the possibility of more successful foraging, thereby causing us to make slightly more bold decisions. this is shown in a 3-5% decrease in stock returns in the full moon phase.

Not true, while the phase of the moon does not mean that the moon is closer or further from the Earth, throughout a Lunar phase cycle the AU distance of the moon does go full cycle as well.

Erdenay
03-16-2012, 09:04 PM
O'Reilly and tides. (http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/370183/january-06-2011/bill-o-reilly-proves-god-s-existence---neil-degrasse-tyson) (Well, and then Neil deGrasse Tyson explains the whole thing)

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-18-2012, 03:00 PM
back on topic, the Missing textures bug happened again

here was what spammed in console when it occured

rr!tt[D] killed Lg// Loan$niper \\Ibis.a// with famas.
CUtlLinkedList overflow! (exhausted index range)

here is the demo