PDA

View Full Version : What type of map do you like best?

Rezel
03-13-2012, 03:25 PM
I know a lot of you are broken between the two different types of maps, so I would like to get sort of a consensus from the zombie mod players of what their true feeling is. Note this is more just out of curiosity than anything for the moment.

Please if you aren't a frequent zombie modder it would be nice if you refrained from voting, It throws off my initial vote of the regulars who constantly play.

-Rezel

jaeeh
03-13-2012, 03:35 PM
I liked how you brought this up! Even though I'm a fairly new regular compared to most of you guys, I noticed that most of us are more for the ZMs than the ZEs, but the one-timers and newcomers seem to enjoy ZEs more.
This then causes an argument people complain etc etc which sometimes causes problems and even bans.
Personally I don't mind ZEs although I do enjoy ZMs more, but as an admin I try to rotate 1 ZM map then 1 ZE map then 1 ZM map and so on. However I do think if we can find a solution where everyone is happy playing ZE and/or ZM we can encourage more people to join the server.:icon_mrgreen:

THE HOLY SH**T!
03-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Mostly escape then baracade.

- offer more variety
- takes more then just cades to win/compete in them
- teamwork is more crucial
- more realistic

I do like cade maps, but i think escapes are much better.

mastercheff
03-13-2012, 03:39 PM
I'm for mostly escapes and occasionally barricade maps, although the maps I did enjoy maps like residentevil (whichever version with the train and cade in the middle of the escape) or space station where you have to hold areas.

kenneth918237
03-13-2012, 03:41 PM
oke my vote is more cade less escape just because azt ibis we suck at zmod team work there is none at an escape every body just run and do nothing and for cade map the noobs cadebreak so i would rather play escape latly

Meltdown
03-13-2012, 03:49 PM
It's fine the way it is now, if we play too much barricade it will only produce more noobs who care less for fun and only play for rank.

B1ackOut
03-13-2012, 03:58 PM
Zm with a little of escape. The zm has options for the most part, (hopefully) several different places where i can try my best solo or with a group of (hopefully) skilled teammates. It allows more freedom and choice for the player, rather than doing the same objective over and over and over again for 30 minutes. Sure some escapes are very fun, but for me 4-5 rounds of the exact same route is boring. This can also be amplified when the rest of the team fails and you have to start over again.

For you people who will just say zm is repetitive, at least i am (hopefully) given more than one option for nearly every map, unlike with escapes where only a few have variation.

Rezel
03-13-2012, 03:58 PM
As I said its only a consensus, however I do feel that we need to balance out 50 50 on the maps we play, For those of us who enjoy barricade maps more than escape maps, and visa versa it seems to be either one or the other more often than a mix of both.
For example this morning the zombie mod has been on escape maps since like 9:00 this morning till bout 2:30 in the afternoon. I think having it setup where there is 3 escape maps, and then 3 barricade maps or every map change switches from ze To zm.

Satansof2
03-13-2012, 04:31 PM
its meh for me, your not going to make everyone happy, and people are going to have to acknowledge that there is no way to appeal to them and also appeal to others, to tell the truth, i think the ratios are fine, just need to get new/better ze and zm maps is the only way to "fix" the complaint problems....

but words of wisdom you will NEVER make everyone happy, some of them will "accept" the results, but when it comes down to it, they wont be happy, unless you make everyone robots and make them opinion-less.......

btw i voted both, and rezel me and you need to meet up and talk about that plan there we were discussing last night, you know, the one where we change everyones brains and put in I7's :D

CYBER
03-13-2012, 05:50 PM
i havent played ZM regularly since god knows how long.
but i can tell u one thing, ZM needs some spicing up. I already gave you some suggestions in steam rezel, feel free to hit me up any time. ZM has a lot of potential but is dying because of ... well let's keep it a mystery for now. all i know is that ZM tends to be VERY monotone, boring as fuck, and a waste of time, if not properly played and maintained.
God knows how many times i left my pc post just bcos i died as a zombie early enough because of low teammate support, or OP camping spots, and then i leave my computer till round time is over...
makes me wish i could collect money by tagging ppl and use such money to buy the old wcs 3k$ scroll of respawn and get to work again... heck if we could integrate some "items" from wcs into zm,,, we might have a gd dynamic server full of new balanced zombie races, humans with support abilities like : tanks, protector shields that are immune to tagging for x amount of times hit, but cant shoot, CURE/medics (that can for example turn a zombie back to human after X amount of time), a priest that can respawn fallen allies etc..
same for zombie side, a tank zombie with no nockback but no dmg , a zombie that can do insanely high but vertical jumps (and parachute their way back), zombies that can use flashes to blind ppl but not cant turn ppl, zombies that can redirect fire burns to humans if they get hit by nades etc... zombies that can fucking PUSH objects... etc...

tl;dr, zm has a lot of potential, and im not trying to turn it into a wcs mod, but heck, anything is better than the current state there.

kenneth918237
03-13-2012, 06:00 PM
CYBER that just sounds so sick i love it good id lets do this

Chef C Green
03-13-2012, 07:47 PM
i havent played ZM regularly since god knows how long.
but i can tell u one thing, ZM needs some spicing up. I already gave you some suggestions in steam rezel, feel free to hit me up any time. ZM has a lot of potential but is dying because of ... well let's keep it a mystery for now. all i know is that ZM tends to be VERY monotone, boring as fuck, and a waste of time, if not properly played and maintained.
God knows how many times i left my pc post just bcos i died as a zombie early enough because of low teammate support, or OP camping spots, and then i leave my computer till round time is over...
makes me wish i could collect money by tagging ppl and use such money to buy the old wcs 3k$ scroll of respawn and get to work again... heck if we could integrate some "items" from wcs into zm,,, we might have a gd dynamic server full of new balanced zombie races, humans with support abilities like : tanks, protector shields that are immune to tagging for x amount of times hit, but cant shoot, CURE/medics (that can for example turn a zombie back to human after X amount of time), a priest that can respawn fallen allies etc..
same for zombie side, a tank zombie with no nockback but no dmg , a zombie that can do insanely high but vertical jumps (and parachute their way back), zombies that can use flashes to blind ppl but not cant turn ppl, zombies that can redirect fire burns to humans if they get hit by nades etc... zombies that can fucking PUSH objects... etc...

tl;dr, zm has a lot of potential, and im not trying to turn it into a wcs mod, but heck, anything is better than the current state there.

When I posted a thread about new zombie classes a while back, a lot of negative comments came up from people not wanting it to be more like WCS. I agree ZMOD is very monotone now and could use some of the spicing you described. We should really setup a thread discussing where we want zmod to go (also including some of the things you were mentioning Rezel about the other type of zombie server IBIS could have).

As I said its only a consensus, however I do feel that we need to balance out 50 50 on the maps we play

I put down mostly cade with some escape, but realistically I think we should have that 50 50 balance (which judging from posts thus far, we might see come up just from the poll). No one wants to stay on one or the other for extended periods of time. Having something that limits the chance of a ze/zm coming up in a mapvote when one or the other has been played most recently would be good.

Bane of Soldiers
03-13-2012, 08:48 PM
Mostly barricade and some escape. I prefer the escape maps when there's a strong rankwhore vibe coming from the players since they can :chillpill: the fuck out. But to be extremely specific, I typically prefer to chill out in a comfortable secret/teleport versus a cramped crouch spot or barricade. Although I do enjoy a nice barricade every now and then, building the cade gets almost as repetitive as an escape map. Especially when your barricade gets flooded with people and knocked around by them. It's nice to just chill, talk, and not worry about the five other people that might throw a nade or blast your eardrums out with their M429s. Still ZM, but with a different intention in mind lol :p

Rosie
03-13-2012, 10:45 PM
I prefer cade maps, but I really enjoy some of the escape maps. The trouble I have with escape maps, is that many of them are just really boring, or have to be admin managed for the humans to have a chance. Atleast on a cade map if I die quick I can cause havok on others cades, and have more than 1200 health. Honestly I think the rotation is fine now, if a reg really doesnt want to play an escape or 2 just jump to GG or WCS for a map then go back.

BladeTwinSwords
03-13-2012, 10:58 PM
Zm with some Ze sprinkled in. Variety is the spice of life.

Srry72
03-13-2012, 11:26 PM
Mostly escape then baracade.
- teamwork is more crucial

I disagree. If people didn't rush in ze and helped each other more humans could actually win.

I think having it setup where there is 3 escape maps, and then 3 barricade maps or every map change switches from ze To zm.

I suggested this before but someone said it would require a lot of coding or something

XX0wnsXY
03-13-2012, 11:53 PM
I dont frequent ZM anymore, because it tends to be boring for me, but i did frequent ZM a lot beforehand. Ive always enjoyed the cade maps. Escape maps are ok, but it is at times, very hard for zombies. If its a good balance then i dont mind it. I enjoy maps that pose a good challenge for both humans and zombies, but not impossible for either.

Lilla panic remains one of my fav maps, minus the money room. Its a classic. I guess ZM is just one of those mods that you either love or hate, because when i play, i play the hell out of it. When im not into it..i remain that way for a long time.

Meltdown
03-14-2012, 07:22 AM
Zombie mod could use a fresh re-start, maybe add some new classes or update, change the map rotation wouldn't be a bad idea but I disagree with the aspect that humans should be able to survive solo all the time. it should become harder.

Pl@YwithM3
03-14-2012, 03:09 PM
Zombie mod could use a fresh re-start
if that has anything to do with stats reset than the answer is still going to be no

ive always been pro-cading maps and get bored most the time when ze's come up. UNFORTUNATLY, a large portion of our zm community is attracted by the variety of escape maps we have, so eliminating them alltogether would be a major turn off for them an we could kiss half the population goodbye. seeing as how thats out of the question, id agree for mostly cade maps with a touch of escapes. it DOES mix things up a bit when needed and it keeps the noobs happy.

if there was a way to "rig" the voting system (without an admin having to do it themseleves) so that it was a 3 to 1 ratio for zm to ze, than i promise most the server would be much more content. when i say rig the voting system, i mean for 3 votings straight all the options would be zm maps, and then the 4th vote would be for all ze maps; zm, zm, zm, ze. but since thats obv never going to happen, id recommend just keeping a constant flow of new maps being added to the rotation. the recently added 33 have been a great spice-up imo. - if none of thats possible, then just dont fuck with the server at all. i dont see a whole lot wrong with it anyways

Bane of Soldiers
03-14-2012, 06:23 PM
Thought this was a consensus about maps. Not about personal opinions for changing unrelated aspects of the server. -_-

Rezel
03-15-2012, 01:19 AM
It is.. it seems meltdown is the king of changing topics. Please keep on topic!

Rosie
03-15-2012, 02:24 AM
It is.. it seems meltdown is the king of changing topics. Please keep on topic!

Called that shit!

maynard
03-15-2012, 02:57 AM
Mostly Barricade and some escape = winning

I do enjoy ZM, and I would play it more if it wasn't escape maps all the time. if it was like 3-4 cade maps - 1 scape ratio I would love ZM... but escape go on 2 much and I hate them....

Pl@YwithM3
03-15-2012, 03:57 AM
if it was like 3-4 cade maps - 1 scape ratio I would love ZM... but escape go on 2 much and I hate them....

score 1 for Pl@Y :icon_mrgreen:

Wuman
03-25-2012, 05:42 PM
wut jaeeh said about 1-time comers is so true, I used to enjoy ze's so much when I first came into the server, being all active and running.
now im mostly zm + some escapes. hmmmm I don't know why...was it because of the rankwhore taht came into me? but i dunt rly feel like that.... I just feel like killing zambies
instead of dying as a zambie too much I guess.