PDA

View Full Version : Zombies Z-Teleing On ESCAPE Maps

Chef C Green
03-13-2012, 04:01 PM
As Z-Modders know, !ztele is used for zombies to escape from cades, glitches, or somehow being "trapped" so as to allow them to come back and attack a cade. My question concerns using this command during ESCAPE maps. Another admin and I had a difference in opinions; one view was that because there are automatic teleports in escape maps that consistently move zombies forward as humans progress, they should not be allowed to ztele in an attempt to get unstuck from cades, glitches, etc. that would inhibit zombies from progressing. The other view was that ztele is used for these purposes, to unstuck zombies, and should be used as it sends zombies back to spawn anyway (it's not putting them at a necessarily "better" advantage).

Example: On ze_Paranoid_Ultimate, zombies are forced to go through portals to continue chasing humans. A human managed to use the "wrench" which spawns breakable walls at the portal exit. Effectively, it traps zombies in the walls, and causes them to spawn on one another (thus inhibiting the breaking of walls as the zombie bodies block eachother's knives). Should the zombies be forced to sit there and wait until they are teleported further into the map when humans reach the labyrinth of walls? Or should they be allowed to ztele back to the portal room and either choose another portal (in this case there was only 1), or work together to have 1 zombie go break the walls and others stay put?

Pictures:

5257 5258 5260

1) Shows no other portals were open (all humans were in one "gate", so only the one behind me in this SS was open to go through)
2) Stuck within the wall just by passing through the portal
3) Managed to break wall ONLY AFTER other zombies zteled and allowed on zombie to break the walls

anex
03-13-2012, 04:45 PM
Zombies can use !ztele whenever they chose. Restricting it is pointless no matter the map.

kenneth918237
03-13-2012, 05:56 PM
i agree whit anex zombie cannot get an adventage from !ztele why would you restric it then

Chef C Green
03-13-2012, 06:19 PM
K, I agree as well, I just wanted to make certain. Thank you for your inputs!

checkster
03-14-2012, 06:04 AM
Zombies can use !ztele whenever they chose. Restricting it is pointless no matter the map.

Actually this will give them a unfair advantage in several ze maps. I will post names when I remember them.

ze_potc_iv_fix, rigth after the light house blows zombies are teleported onto some boats to let the humans escape. And if they use /ztele they can come and get us, thereby exploiting the ztele command in my oppinion.

I have other examples to, and I will update as I remember the maps.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-14-2012, 06:54 AM
Exploiting and strategic use, are two completely diffrent things check. Players like my self who can effectively bhop for long stretches of map find the ztele mod extremely useful, there is really no hope for human survival at that point. Restrictions on ztele beyond avoiding getting tagged is stupid.

Wuman
03-25-2012, 05:49 PM
lmfao i want to trap zombies in paranoid now.

Chef C Green
03-25-2012, 09:13 PM
lmfao i want to trap zombies in paranoid now.

NOOOO >.<! It sucks being on the receiving end of that scenario :mini triste:

ZERO
03-27-2012, 09:04 PM
This actualy brings up another point that we need to prevent bhop...

Chef C Green
03-27-2012, 09:26 PM

Just to clarify, is this with respect to bhopping SCRIPTS, or the bhopping resulting from binds as well? I asked about this a while back: http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/8358-B-Hopping-(ok-or-frowned-upon)

Regardless, if it must be done, it must be done :mini triste: I will miss it... soo sooo much though.

checkster
03-27-2012, 09:49 PM

I recommend smac. Sourcemod anti cheat.

ZERO
03-27-2012, 10:29 PM
Yes I still got to try to implement that on the servers. I am always worried though about it being too aggressive and then banning the wrong players or creating lag on the server ect. I need to role it out on the pub first and get any issues with it worked out.

checkster
03-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Yes I still got to try to implement that on the servers. I am always worried though about it being too aggressive and then banning the wrong players or creating lag on the server ect. I need to role it out on the pub first and get any issues with it worked out.

Well I have used smac on all server I've ever ran, lag I doubt, there are a few fp's but seldom.
If you need a test server, you can use my server, I keep it for luls, and cause I like to mod stuff at times.

The features of it is kick ass, and I assume you have read about them, Id stay of eagle eye tho, that one seems to have the most fp's.

fps ( false positives )

anex
03-28-2012, 02:53 AM

But he forgets to mention that one bullet stops the momentum. Preventing bhopping would make zm easier-er for humans. Being a zombie would lose being fun as they would be raped, all the time.

checkster
03-28-2012, 06:01 AM
But he forgets to mention that one bullet stops the momentum. Preventing bhopping would make zm easier-er for humans. Being a zombie would lose being fun as they would be raped, all the time.

Pretty sure he means scripts, not the bhop function for zombies.

Rezel
03-28-2012, 09:42 AM
I agree with anex, I don't think removing bhopping would be fun, as soon as a bullet hits a zombie its like them running into a wall. Even then removing bunny hopping is hard because of what actually causes.

Meltdown
03-28-2012, 11:09 AM
We just have to be sure that no innocent people get banned. normal bhopping is imo ok altough bhoping in tubes and vents is another story, we got a deformed class for reason.

Chef C Green
03-28-2012, 02:17 PM
altough bhoping in tubes and vents is another story

...whoa whoa whoa, so wait, is THAT the reason why some Predators XP's will solo into a tube and despite hitting them in the head they have no knockback (and no one is behind them to brace them)?

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-28-2012, 03:13 PM
...whoa whoa whoa, so wait, is THAT the reason why some Predators XP's will solo into a tube and despite hitting them in the head they have no knockback (and no one is behind them to brace them)? no, behopping in tubes is fairly easy. It's all a matter of knowing what scritps look like vs natural movments...

Pl@YwithM3
03-28-2012, 03:16 PM
...whoa whoa whoa, so wait, is THAT the reason why some Predators XP's will solo into a tube and despite hitting them in the head they have no knockback (and no one is behind them to brace them)?
**this durp moment brought to you by chef c noob**

YEAH CHEF!! along with any other class as well. bhopping / binding scroll wheel WHATEVER its labled as, in crouch areas is total whoreshit. even when i resort at times to using A PARA!! yes, u heard me, A PARA!! zombies still effortlessly manage to pull it off.

Chef C Green
03-28-2012, 03:26 PM
**this durp moment brought to you by chef c noob**

YEAH CHEF!! along with any other class as well. bhopping / binding scroll wheel WHATEVER its labled as, in crouch areas is total whoreshit. even when i resort at times to using A PARA!! yes, u heard me, A PARA!! zombies still effortlessly manage to pull it off.

Happy to bring forth noob quotes for your entertainment *takes a deep bow* ^_^

But i've seen people using the jump key (plain bound bhop) and still managed to push them back with a couple m4 bursts to the back of the head. However, I've seen zombies take a running jump at say the bookshelf spot on mini room and despite a TEAM of humans hitting the zombie with autoshotty, my m4, and your pump in the face, he goes NOWHERE. I'm not saying normal bound bhop doesn't help in getting in crouch spots, but typically if you hit the head, you still push them back (minus the dreaded deformed which is the bane of all crouch spots :smirk:).

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-28-2012, 04:44 PM
Happy to bring forth noob quotes for your entertainment *takes a deep bow* ^_^

But i've seen people using the jump key (plain bound bhop) and still managed to push them back with a couple m4 bursts to the back of the head. However, I've seen zombies take a running jump at say the bookshelf spot on mini room and despite a TEAM of humans hitting the zombie with autoshotty, my m4, and your pump in the face, he goes NOWHERE. I'm not saying normal bound bhop doesn't help in getting in crouch spots, but typically if you hit the head, you still push them back (minus the dreaded deformed which is the bane of all crouch spots :smirk:). yes oh yes, God forbid a zombie gets stuck in a prop and can't be knocked back.