PDA

View Full Version : New item idea?

blackmail242
03-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Tampon

Stops blood from splattering/ appearing on you if you're invisble.
Also stops blood trail on vagabond/vagalion/rapscalion.

price: 2000

Yes I'm serious.

maynard
03-14-2012, 09:15 PM
......:stupid:

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-14-2012, 10:10 PM
meh, its a good idea. The name wouldn't suit though.

maynard
03-14-2012, 10:17 PM
horrible idea. the name is retarded and the item it's self is 2. one 1 I don't think zero can turn blood flow on and off during mid game by some coding, and even if he could it's a horrible idea... as it's how you find and detect invis people.

Carmichal
03-14-2012, 11:02 PM
as a woman NO! I deal with enough tampons already lol.

Steamer
03-15-2012, 05:26 PM
Don't lie, you sit in dirty ass pads all day.

Also, don't like the idea.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-15-2012, 05:29 PM
the blood is a balance issue. they keep the races from being OP

XX0wnsXY
03-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Don't lie, you sit in dirty ass pads all day.

Also, don't like the idea.

ROFL! Eww...

HypeRNT
03-17-2012, 03:17 PM
Speaking of new items, any chance we could see an item added called *Amulet of the cat*= silent footsteps/silent ladder climbing.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-17-2012, 03:40 PM
Speaking of new items, any chance we could see an item added called *Amulet of the cat*= silent footsteps/silent ladder climbing.

we had it before the orange box update.

single most useless item ever, i think a grand total of 15 copies were bought. it made you WAY too slow to be worth anything.

HypeRNT
03-19-2012, 10:45 AM
we had it before the orange box update.

single most useless item ever, i think a grand total of 15 copies were bought. it made you WAY too slow to be worth anything.

I don't know if im not reading this correctly or just not understanding what you just wrote... How is it most useless item ever? For races that move fast and make 100000 footsteps quickly you can hear them miles away, this prevents that, aswell as it can help detecting cheaters that use the"I heard you" excuse to cover themselves.

And what is this "it made you way to slow to be worth anything" Im not sure what this means... Why would silent footsteps make you slow? Like i said, maybe im not understanding the post here.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-19-2012, 10:49 AM
I don't know if im not reading this correctly or just not understanding what you just wrote... How is it most useless item ever? For races that move fast and make 100000 footsteps quickly you can hear them miles away, this prevents that, aswell as it can help detecting cheaters that use the"I heard you" excuse to cover themselves.

And what is this "it made you way to slow to be worth anything" Im not sure what this means... Why would silent footsteps make you slow? Like i said, maybe im not understanding the post here.

fair enough. the amulet of the cat reduced your speed to that of a crouch. it made you completely silent, but...yeah.

there is actually no way to make the amulet as you say. at least not in war3. i proposed a solution on the war3boards a long time ago, but it wasn't very elegant. in order to eliminate footsteps (for only one person) you'd have to hook the footstep event/sound, and identify exactly who it belongs to, then block it from all others. my solution was to mod the movespeed of crouched movement or walking for players with the item to be as fast as running. that way they'd still be 'walking' but at running speed.

but they didn't go for it, since the vast majority of people there don't really care about the item.

plus, it's just as pointless as mikey's tampon idea.

HypeRNT
03-19-2012, 11:14 AM
fair enough. the amulet of the cat reduced your speed to that of a crouch. it made you completely silent, but...yeah.

there is actually no way to make the amulet as you say. at least not in war3. i proposed a solution on the war3boards a long time ago, but it wasn't very elegant. in order to eliminate footsteps (for only one person) you'd have to hook the footstep event/sound, and identify exactly who it belongs to, then block it from all others. my solution was to mod the movespeed of crouched movement or walking for players with the item to be as fast as running. that way they'd still be 'walking' but at running speed.

but they didn't go for it, since the vast majority of people there don't really care about the item.

Yeah.. the tampon idea was um, yeah. I didn't know it there was problems with this item, as ive played it in 1.6 and would always use it in the older war3 mode. Now i understand your post.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-19-2012, 11:41 AM

When the FUCK! was that idea, my idea.......... i am far more creative then that.

blackmail242
03-19-2012, 12:51 PM
>.> you said it'd make a great item on server so I posted in forums...

Sin
03-19-2012, 01:18 PM
>.> you said it'd make a great item on server so I posted in forums...

Lol you got thrown under the bus, Mikey.

XX0wnsXY
03-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Lol you got thrown under the bus, Mikey.

Rofl! Yes he did. Way to go blakmail lol.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Do we need to pull a source tv demo? If I remember correctly you or someone else was crying about how much blood squirts from a vaginabond, I then said why don't you suggest a tampon for your bloody vajabond, you then said Omfg that's a great idea, ill post on the forums! It was around this time that I started to laugh hysterically with my finger off the Mic button. At no point was a being serious with you in regards to this shit idea of an item, was simply trolololoastic.

blackmail242
03-19-2012, 01:41 PM
... I wasn't bitching bout it. I got killed by you and I was like "... blood right?" you said "yeah at least yer not bitching about it" then I followed with "yeah we should get a tampon to soak up the blood" and you finished with "that could be a new item". While you may have been trolling me this is what was said :P btw it was on Italy (normal) and should be around the time of the post.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-19-2012, 01:46 PM
might i add that i actually forgot it was blackmail, and figured an idea like that must have been made by mikey?

oops.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-19-2012, 02:26 PM
might i add that i actually forgot it was blackmail, and figured an idea like that must have been made by mikey?

oops. no such idea made by me would ever stoop to such a serious level....... When i get home I shall enlighten you with the full story

Dj panda
03-22-2012, 05:02 PM
I want to see this enlightenment :o