PDA

View Full Version : Restrict kit pick up on vaga/rap?

blackmail242
03-16-2012, 03:45 PM
So we all know that as a vagabond kits make you visible. Bombs too but the difference? You can drop the bomb. So would it be possible to weapon restrict the kit for the vaga? Or at least make it so that the kit comes off at the beginning of each round?

Masskid
03-16-2012, 03:58 PM
be better >:O just dodge the kits

CYBER
03-16-2012, 04:05 PM
So we all know that as a vagabond kits make you visible. Bombs too but the difference? You can drop the bomb. So would it be possible to weapon restrict the kit for the vaga? Or at least make it so that the kit comes off at the beginning of each round?Im in a debate with myself about this. I usually dislike 'luxury changes' to wcs, but i do see that the T side vagabond has an advantage over ct side vagabond. The vagas are strong as is, and changes in favor for them are not really needed. But for the sake of rapscallion, and nebula, i'll add a 'sure why not' vote to this. Obviously the beat solution would be to program the kits to drop when needed, like binding +activate to drop kit? Since vaga , rap and nebula dnt need that button?

acolyte_to_jippity
03-16-2012, 04:19 PM
personally, i'd be in favor of not allowing vagas to hold kits, or bombs, and be unable to disarm them either.

blackmail242
03-16-2012, 04:36 PM
If vagas wouldn't be able to defuse the same could be said for molecule and shadow hunter since they can do worse and go invulnerable. But that is for another discussion. I'm just asking if its possible to be able to allow for the invis classes on ct side to drop the kit when they need to as the t's do the bomb.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-16-2012, 04:41 PM
Restricting it from being picked up would conflict with objectives, mainly on t side. Which means the best bet would be using cybers idea by making it an ability, then its based on player preference.

maynard
03-16-2012, 04:49 PM
I disapprove of this idea.

don't feel like listing all the reasons as 2 why... a lot of them should be obvious.

Spasm
03-16-2012, 05:25 PM
uhhh no.

Chikun
03-16-2012, 05:40 PM
Let's chalk this up as an idea that might be revisited in a few years.

blackmail242
03-16-2012, 08:52 PM
I disapprove of this idea.

don't feel like listing all the reasons as 2 why... a lot of them should be obvious.

alright so could you list at least the strongest one? I mean the T vaga can drop the bomb or even hold it to be completly invisible while the ct vaga is forced to be visible when a kit is worn. :/

Erdenay
03-16-2012, 09:18 PM
Personally, I think this is a pretty decent idea, although I'm not sure that it's actually necessary for someone to take away some time from his life to project this as I really think that people just can do their best to avoid kits.

Masskid
03-16-2012, 09:29 PM
bind W kill = get rid of kit

DONE

Nemesis
03-16-2012, 09:52 PM
another server has /defuse as a command that will remove the kit for any player that doesn't want it. just a suggestion.