PDA

View Full Version : The prop menu

Meltdown
03-17-2012, 04:14 AM
I was wondering if there was place for prop menu.

The idea is pretty simply enable a menu where people can buy certain props from the money they got, because if people can spawn a prop it would enable far more options on hard to cade spots or cade maps with less cades this making people spread more over the map and making people stick less to one certain spot round after round and make some maps more attractive to play which might result in far wider map rotation.

Disable the menu for ZE which is pretty clear and like Parachute just disable it on certain maps where you can say for sure it will not be needed or defiantly will make it too hard for zombies. Also limited the purchases by making to props expensive so u cannot spam the props, people should give it a thought what they buy and which situation requires which prop, like big doorway with only coke vends lets spawn a bookshelf or a place with only a bookshelf and a cough lets spawn a coke vend etc

Look I can already dream of the reactions of, just leave zm the way it is it is fine, yes it is fine I'm just trying to give it some thought how it might improve, I think with this we might be able to get more zm maps to work and especially for the die hard cade lovers who are constantly follow by noobs or noobs who come like sheeps to the same spot over and over again, giving the people more to play with enables people to spread more. And since there many people on IBIS who like to solo cade this might be a very good side option.

Of course if people have some addition to this feel free to share your thought.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-17-2012, 04:15 AM
no.

it's been brought up before.

Meltdown
03-17-2012, 04:26 AM
no.

it's been brought up before.

Can u explain what the reason why it was no, because i wasn't around then.

B1ackOut
03-17-2012, 11:04 AM
We dont need to make it easier for people to cade crouch spots, and get enough people in a room and the cade would be invincible. Its highly unnecessary, just use the props given, thats how the maker wanted you to play the map, not to be able to spawn your own barricades.

Bane of Soldiers
03-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Makes it kinda easy to cadebreak. Prop up onto insanely high rooftops that never were intended to be used, and then troll any other player trying to prop themselves up. I know I do it on other servers. It's hilarious. And damned annoying.

Also, if you got a whole orgy of people, I don't think it's right to have 5 vending machines spawned. Or any prop in that matter. Players should learn to make do with what props the map gives them.

There are probably tons of other reasons that I won't get into; these are the quickest that come to mind.

Meltdown
03-17-2012, 12:13 PM
Yes that is true bane can understand that, First of all you might want to limited the usage of props to 1, so you can only select one prop from the menu secondly you can code the menu that you don''t need to have a vending machine in it, Well and aren't there admins to prevent people from cading crouch spots.

Things that come to mind is like bookshelf or a small cabinet etc, just giving an extra prop for a spot that is otherwise hard to cade. I think but you never know how it will developed in usage, if you code it good you will give people more space to play with.

@ blackout I know map makers personally and there are allot of maps that are not made with the thought of zombie classes and parachute this making allot of spots useless, that is what I want to compensate.

Rezel
03-17-2012, 12:16 PM
It won't work, seeing as we already have way to many good players the zombies would be an extreme disadvantage if we were able to barricade some messed up zones. Also on that same note it totally throws off the balance of the server meaning we would have to re work it, honestly it's not worth the effort or time for something which will make zombies unable to get the humans.

Pl@YwithM3
03-19-2012, 02:25 AM
ew. we dont need to start up anything like that no way, thers plenty of props an such already an i fully agree with what everyone already said. not to mention this concept would be an insta-cadegasm to any rankwhore out there. the only way i would say this idea (MIGHT) work is if we were to make each prop worth a certain amount of skill points instead of money instead because cash means jack shit in zmod, everyone has it, but if you had to pay x amount of skill points for a vending machine then yeah id like it a little more

but still. no

acolyte_to_jippity
03-19-2012, 02:30 AM
the only (ONLY) way i could see it working would be to make the prop like, a single bench. and it cost 16000 dollars. that way, the player would be forced to scavange aweap, use only a pistol, or survive the previous round in order to use it.

fine. 15400, let them buy a p228 or swap to a glock if they're ct. otherwise, they're spending their entire funds on one prop.

Chef C Green
03-19-2012, 02:37 AM
no.

no. (There an echo in here :huh:)

Cade maps have props already on them... adding additional props to these areas would make ALREADY OP cades impossible to break. For the spots that you may feel could use some more props, go to another spot. Some spots are meant for team cooperation, others are meant for holding out alone.

In addition to this, it would cause more problems than it solved (referring to blackout's thoughts on crouch spot cading, OP cades, etc.).

-1 :nay:

CYBER
03-19-2012, 03:41 AM
i dnt like the idea honestly. and im a guy usually pro-change in zm...

Meltdown
03-19-2012, 04:48 AM
Ok all understandable, Just want to add one thing, people who keep brining the argument up of props that already on the map, this is total irrelevant argument. If you think of most maps are made when there was no zombie classes aspect, aka speed zombie, high jump zombie then u already know there maps out there whit total useless cading spots.

But I'm fine with all the arguments whatsoever for me it is not really that big deal I just like to see more usage of some maps who have great potential.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-19-2012, 05:12 AM
Ok all understandable, Just want to add one thing, people who keep brining the argument up of props that already on the map, this is total irrelevant argument. If you think of most maps are made when there was no zombie classes aspect, aka speed zombie, high jump zombie then u already know there maps out there whit total useless cading spots.

But I'm fine with all the arguments whatsoever for me it is not really that big deal I just like to see more usage of some maps who have great potential.

Its really hard to form a worthy rebuttal when i can barley understand what you are saying to begin with.

No no no no no no no no no !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop trying to change our god damn ZM.

Meltdown
03-19-2012, 05:21 AM
Its really hard to form a worthy rebuttal when i can barley understand what you are saying to begin with.

No no no no no no no no no !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop trying to change our god damn ZM.

U don't need to understand it as long as I do, In this server for example U cannot hide non cade spots take 4 away tunnel for example that used to be the best zombie map ever but with all the modifications on zombie classes it basic suck now days. And I'm not trying to change the server I just try to have some thought about things and see what happens if we discuss them, I don't see any harm in bringing something up and discuss about it. You guys act like someone is trying to murder someone or so, chill.

Just want to add one more thing because it seems I have to simplify everything I post so everyone can understand it, 4_away tunnel is example and is separated from the prop idea before people get these 2 things get mixed up.