PDA

View Full Version : ZM Ambiant Sound

ZERO
03-20-2012, 03:36 PM
So I have found that if I place # before the file address of sound in a program it will allow a clients music volume slider to control the sound level. As a result it is now worth trying to implement this into the zm server again in that players can select the sound level to exactly what they want. I will start working when I have time to make some cool music. Yes this time I will be making the music by mixing some soundtracks from various anime series together. They have a very wide range of sounds but can really add tension and the other sorts of environment we want form background sounds that you really can not get from any other source. I will be releasing test versions of the track for dl before making the program and rolling it out on the server. Like years ago the sound will play in a constant loop in the background.

Meltdown
03-20-2012, 04:03 PM
Awsome, anime music is always good. These days I play DBZ music from Bruce on the background because he made such aw some tracks.

This one is till the best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w-kg_pdFKE

Looking forward to it zero:icon_mrgreen:

ZERO
03-20-2012, 05:44 PM
What I will do is try to plan a night to get on the vent and broadcast what I am thinking of using on random so people can get the idea of the direction. Note that it is not as though I will be using the full length of all of these things on the actual release. :wtg:

Bane of Soldiers
03-20-2012, 06:00 PM
I like some of the Fate/Stay Night and Shakugan no Shana osts, some stuff from Key Company under VA, and any Kingdom Hearts osts =P

sounds interesting, although actually, I probably won't use it since I like my game quiet =X

ZERO
03-20-2012, 07:22 PM
Actually if I use the # you can adjust the volume level on the client side with the music slider in your options.

Ok I have merged everything I got so far as a demo. I will be streaming it onto vent all night as a sample as I play on the zm server!

FAil Boat
03-21-2012, 12:28 PM
So if I'm reading this right Ibis ZM is going to have it's own soundtrack? hawt! Can't wait to check it out.

Also not to be that guy but it's Ambient not ambiant. :P

jimmay
03-21-2012, 06:57 PM

Also not to be that guy but it's Ambient not ambiant. :P

You're not French are you?

blackmail242
03-21-2012, 10:37 PM
So would it be possible for the admins to change the current song when this is established?

Pl@YwithM3
04-08-2012, 05:26 PM
just curious on the status for this project. i think its a neat idea, buuuut it rapes hldj QQ :banghead: hows it goin?