PDA

View Full Version : Humans zTeleing in ZE + Shooting Zombies in Cage on Voodoo_Islands

Wuman
03-25-2012, 06:03 PM
Well. First one is whether or not humans are allowed to ztele in ZE.
It is understood that it should never be used to escape from an imminent zombie attack, or not completing the objective,
but what about attempting in killing an AFK zombie? Then returning to the path of the objective?

I think it should be okay because you are lagging behind zombies and it gives them the chance to get you.

2nd concern is about humans shooting zombies in the cages on Voodoo_Islands. Been many arguments about this and I want to clear it up.

There are no rules against shooting zombies in cages, but I know that some admins and regulars look down on this. (I do.)
I've seen some admins say before the round starts, "If you shoot the zombies in the cage, you will get slayed/kicked."

What do you think?

Meltdown
03-25-2012, 06:10 PM
Voodo argument came up yesterday, there is no written rule that forbid this activity but I can understand why people slay/kick people for it. I never saw any harm in it and just heard about. I see people do it all the time so even I didn't know it was forbidden or anything.

It happens allot of time i got killed while in cage after being the meatball for getting the humans so for me it doesn't really matter, especially at box 3 it will be impossible to prevent people to shoot it and just slay them for it, there so many casual who don;t know the rules it might be mass rape on the slay factor if we really have to enforce this.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-25-2012, 07:10 PM
If a player is running past and shots at the zombies big whoop. If they camp right up on the cage and unload there para into defenseless zombies, there exploiting a map mechanic for free kills, which is in the rules.

Chef C Green
03-25-2012, 09:03 PM
If a player is running past and shots at the zombies big whoop. If they camp right up on the cage and unload there para into defenseless zombies, there exploiting a map mechanic for free kills, which is in the rules.

As the logic in this is somewhat... methodical (thus overlooked in casual gameplay), I propose we add this into the Map Specific section of the rules (similar to the recent updates about platforms on pulse_templedoom). As far as I'm concerned, it is an unfair map exploit as you said, and should merely be written down to protect admins that recognize and enforce this.

In conjunction with the killing of AFK zombies at spawn, it should be the admin's duty (IMO) to kick these players as they take up space, and are enticing humans to get free kills off of them. If there isn't an admin on, well let's face it people will do what they damn want... but I think ztele-ing back to spawn falls under the same idea as the cages (ex: the afk killer program on some escape maps does not work/ is not in a certain map, thus they get kills which are not earned). Bottom line, the combination of using (what should be) a zombie only command to gain un-earned experience is wrong. Admins should remove the players that are afk. As for when they are not there, should humans still be be required to endure the duration of a round for the failure of a singular zombie? No... I think we can make an exception here.