PDA

View Full Version : The addition of ze maps

Meltdown
04-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Lately we get allot of many new ze maps but considerably more then zm maps and that is noticeable in the map rotation also allot if new ze maps just don't turn out the way they should be ze lamba is good example.

I have been watching it last 2 weeks and most ze maps get rtved like hell and never get finished properly for some exceptions there then (saw for example) I think we should test ze maps with group of people before adding them. Also there should be more zm maps added in compensation because otherwise we keep the circle of 4 ze one zm 3 ze one zm etc etc.

So please stop the adding of ze maps before there tested trough fully, right now the server is raging because of one of those new ze maps.

Chef C Green
04-02-2012, 03:56 PM
Lately we get allot of many new ze maps but considerably more then zm maps and that is noticeable in the map rotation also allot if new ze maps just don't turn out the way they should be ze lamba is good example.

I have been watching it last 2 weeks and most ze maps get rtved like hell and never get finished properly for some exceptions there then (saw for example) I think we should test ze maps with group of people before adding them. Also there should be more zm maps added in compensation because otherwise we keep the circle of 4 ze one zm 3 ze one zm etc etc.

So please stop the adding of ze maps before there tested trough fully, right now the server is raging because of one of those new ze maps.
Don't quite know what you mean by "new ze maps just don't turn out the way they should be"... :huh:

However, the bit about testing maps before being added is kind of redundant... we already have a [CONFIGURE] section for just such problems. Having them tested before hand would put more work on ZERO and (no offense) that's not saying he would catch everything that comes out once it's been put to the test in server. If it's an issue on time running out too fast, take a list of the maps and submit them to be extended (seeing as doing them individually for the same issue would be annoying for ULA's I'd imagine?). As for SAW, if by "finished properly" you mean it doesn't reach the end due to the time running out, ZERO recently added the rcon_rountime command.

The rotation however is rather one-sided though by choosing ze maps more frequently (from what I've seen), and more specifically the older ones like LOTR and Voodoo. Nominate is useful but even so, those maps tend to get pushed to the next page where you need to press 9 and (let's face it) no one goes to look on that page... Is there a way to alter the coding for the maps that truly randomizes it? Statistically, if it were randomized we should be seeing way more zm as it's like 1:5/ ze:zm?

Meltdown
04-02-2012, 04:36 PM
I mean that when u see a ZE map on banasas it looks good but with all zombie classes it just might not turn out the way it should therefore it needs testing with a group. And with finishing I mean that some map people just don't bother anymore to try and complete the objective with is pain in the butt.

blackmail242
04-03-2012, 09:33 AM
I mean that when u see a ZE map on banasas it looks good but with all zombie classes it just might not turn out the way it should therefore it needs testing with a group. And with finishing I mean that some map people just don't bother anymore to try and complete the objective with is pain in the butt. Well listen, A first hand crash course is the best test. If the map is played better with no parachutes then take em off for the map because I mean hell I've seen plenty of admins take em off for an escape map because it makes it too easy for either side to win. But yeah sometimes the map makers don't care but that's why as chef said we post shit in the MAPS section of forums. If you want it gone [REMOVE] and the reason as to why. If it needs a tweak [CONFIGURE] and what it needs. Lastly [ADD] to replace or add to the current map selections.

Pl@YwithM3
04-03-2012, 03:50 PM
(personal preference) isla_nublar, sorrento, blackmesa & lakeinduskfinal, those r probly the only ze's on there i actually enjoy. the rest indeed can go die under a buss

Well listen, A first hand crash course is the best test. If the map is played better with no parachutes then take em off for the map because I mean hell I've seen plenty of admins take em off for an escape map because it makes it too easy for either side to win. But yeah sometimes the map makers don't care but that's why as chef said we post shit in the MAPS section of forums. If you want it gone [REMOVE] and the reason as to why. If it needs a tweak [CONFIGURE] and what it needs. Lastly [ADD] to replace or add to the current map selections.
i think i love you