PDA

View Full Version : Source Tv For Scrim

ZERO
04-05-2012, 11:08 AM
OK so here is the deal. For source tv only 1 person can control what everyone sees. However there is a way around this. If a client hosts their own local proxy they can then control that source tv server independently.

So for anyone that wants to be able to see everything when they want I recommend you download SRCDS now and read over the instructions here: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SourceTV

You will be provided with the correct settings if you wish to do this. Personally I will likely be doing this to watch the games so I can see what I want.

For the main broadcast we need to decide if we are going to use auto view or if there should be someone as the dedicated cam guy.

Does anyone have a lot of experience in providing good spec shots?

Sin
04-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Well since Maynard and Anex are going to be in the server in spectate, one of them can be the cameraman. Otherwise the auto-director is usually pretty decent.

ZERO
04-05-2012, 02:49 PM
OK I think we will stick with the auto director then b/c those in spec can not control the camera from what I understand.

DJ_MikeyRevile
04-05-2012, 02:58 PM
OK I think we will stick with the auto director then b/c those in spec can not control the camera from what I understand.

I have seen players control the camera before in the server, pretty sure it is a key you press when dead or spectating. It announces it in console and the server that said player is in control of source TV. Unless this feature was disabled or works differently then what i think, disregard my post.

Sin
04-05-2012, 02:59 PM

I was under the impression that the first person who joins the STV IP and presses the USE key has control of the camera? Idk...

Also, you should change the delay time to like 120 seconds, to prevent any type of ghosting. Not sure what it's at right now.

EDIT: Also, allow chat on STV! I wanna watch the regulars scrim.

ZERO
04-05-2012, 05:52 PM
FUCK YEAH!

tv_transmitall <0|1> By default entities and events outside of the auto-director view are removed from SourceTV broadcasts to save bandwidth. If tv_transmitall is enabled, the whole game is transmitted and spectators can switch their view to any player they want. This option increases bandwidth requirement per spectator client by factor 2 to 3.

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

BTW sm_lo3 will be the lo3 command. :wtg:

ZERO
04-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Server is up for testing on port 27017 with the same pass as the test server. :wtg:

I am still working on the sourcetv.

Sin
04-06-2012, 07:51 AM
I'm assuming the STV for the server will just have a 27020 port, and same IP?

ZERO
04-06-2012, 02:18 PM
YEs :wtg:

anex
04-06-2012, 11:14 PM
Is there a demo that was saved? I ended up missing it.

CYBER
04-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Is there a demo that was saved? I ended up missing it.Many players were asking for a demo of it as well. I personally want to review it to assess what happened

Nemesis
04-09-2012, 02:44 PM
I'll do play by play...