PDA

View Full Version : Microphone problem

Rob
04-08-2012, 01:02 PM
Okay, so. I may speak for Most people on the server. not all.
The problem is the microphones cutting off.
Surely there must have been a threat about it before. I just didn't look. >_>

basically for anyone not knowing what I mean:

The microphones cut off every half a second ish, during the length of someone talking.
Over the years it has gotten worse on the Zombie mod server to the point where it's nearly unbearable sometimes.

I was wondering if there has been tries at fixing it, and if there are fixes at all. c:

Steamer
04-08-2012, 01:22 PM
It's called loss. The only current fix is reconnecting. I'm sure there is a more suitable permanent fix, but I'm also sure that will cost some time, and some money.

checkster
04-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Well there must be a plugin causing all this loss, cause it only seems to happen when the server is highly populated.
People say it was fine when mani was used, so I will jump to the conclusion that now its the sm version not the mm version of zombiemod ?
Maybe going back to mm would stop the errors/lags crashes.

Rezel
04-11-2012, 11:48 AM
I think our best bet right now would move the server back to 32 slots, it seems to only happen when we hit a specific number of people on the server. It also would look better because I dont think it really hits 40/40 too often.

Bane of Soldiers
04-11-2012, 06:39 PM
It'll be hitting that number when summer comes around

Pl@YwithM3
04-11-2012, 07:55 PM
i found that it became noticably worse within the last 6 months or so, before that it wasnt (as) bad. iv ALSO found that it happens a lot more often when the server has been going without a restart for a long time. i tend to restart it whenever the user # hits around 2k to refresh it an the mic cutting is a LOT less frequent and is much more comprehendable. aside from that, i just tell people to reconnect and it usually fixes it for them.