PDA

View Full Version : fate/stay night

acolyte_to_jippity
04-12-2012, 09:33 PM
well...i just finished watching it.

epic show. highly recommend it. the ending sucked ass though. emiya and sabre should have ended up together.

blackmail242
04-12-2012, 10:30 PM

epic show. highly recommend it. the ending sucked ass though. emiya and sabre should have ended up together.
Manga... Better... Anime ended before manga finished...

Bane of Soldiers
04-12-2012, 11:25 PM
Manga... Better... Anime ended before manga finished...

The visual novel beats all. And that is coming from someone who is only at the morning after Shirou jumps in as a body shield for Saber during the first encounter with Berserker.

Yeah, it made me angry too lol. But the scene of Avalon is interesting and pleasant (look it up on the type-moon wiki if you have no idea what im talking about).

Now you have to watch Unlimited Blade Works and Fate/Zero. However, in my opinion, they dont compare to fate/stay night as an overall show :p

UBW is kinda interesting, shows connections some people might not have gotten during f/sn. But it directs more attention to Archer and Emiya, and not Saber (boooo! :3)

Fate/Zero, the first season, focused a lot more on Kotomine, Gilgamesh, and the other Servants. You'd be surprised at the alarmingly strong Servants involved in the 4th holy grail war. Like holy shit, they would've won the war easily if it weren't for the other insanely powerful Servants. Saber gets only fighting scenes (no more messing around the house and random social outings by Emiya), but Fate/Zero brings something new by skipping around to the other contestants, showing the relationship between master and servant, their operations, ideals, goals, etc. You also see Emiya Kiritsugu being a total badass lol

PS. and slightly off-topic, did you know that if you choose Saber for your Servant in the PSP game Fate/Extra, Saber's identity is Emperor Julius Caesar? The only exception to the "famous-ruler-turns-out-to-be-summoned-as-the-female-Saber-class" is Gawaiin, who is also a Saber class in Fate/Extra

http://www.wallpaperfox.com/thumbnails/detail/20111212/saber-and-extra-saber.jpg

This is what happens if you let me talk about a good series. :D

acolyte_to_jippity
04-13-2012, 06:48 AM
it's not the same saber from the show. it's a completely different character, also of the saber class.

ZERO
04-13-2012, 10:48 AM
The second season of Fate Zero is now on so I would highly recommend to watch the fist season of Fate Zero bluerays and then catch up on the show. The bluerayw added mutiple sceans all over the place.

Bane of Soldiers
04-13-2012, 05:00 PM
I know it's not the same Saber lol. That Saber is Julius Caesar and is from the PSP game "Fate/Extra." I was just throwing a totally off-topic and irrelevant picture of her in the post :icon_mrgreen:

acolyte_to_jippity
04-13-2012, 05:01 PM
I know it's not the same Saber lol. That Saber is Julius Caesar and is from the PSP game "Fate/Extra." I was just throwing a totally off-topic and irrelevant picture of her in the post :icon_mrgreen:

you were implying that it was.

Bane of Soldiers
04-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Hmmm, I see where you're getting at.... well, what I meant to say was that like how Saber from F/SN traces to King Arthur, the Saber in the game Fate/Extra refers to the emperor Julius Caesar. And then I mentioned the knight Gawaiin, a different character also of the Saber class, as a short side note. Sorry for the confusion lol :p