PDA

View Full Version : Grenade Buying

meatspin
04-19-2012, 08:14 PM
At 8:30 PM Thursday Apr. 19th on the WCS server, I was politely informed by the admin checkster that buying more than one grenade from the everlasting shop in team spawn was forbidden as part of the general server rules and I would be slayed if I were to persist. I promptly searched the forums for the WCS and general server rules to find nothing of the sort contained in them. I tried searching for threads containing information about 'grenades' and 'rebuying' but to my disappointment nothing showed relating to my predicament. If I was wrong, could someone point me to the thread where this sort of behavior was discussed so that I may understand this hidden rule? If not, could you discuss this with the admin in question so I wont be slayed the next time I decide to have fun like all the Raiden and Genocide classes that buy Gloves of Warmth and do the exact same thing?

brett friggin favre
04-19-2012, 09:06 PM
to my knowledge, it's a (i suppose, unwritten) rule that you can't buy nades endlessly as orc. not sure about the other races as gloves are available to them. of course i could be wrong about both of those, it's just a word of mouth thing that some people get pissy about. clarification would be nice

DJ_MikeyRevile
04-19-2012, 09:15 PM
Any race that is restricted from buying gloves, is a no go.

maynard
04-20-2012, 01:08 AM
you can buy as many grenades as you want... there has never been any rule restricting that... it's your money, spend it as you wish... but when using grenades they need 2 fall under the guidelines/rules like no nade spamming objectives etc...

brett friggin favre
04-20-2012, 02:01 AM
you can buy as many grenades as you want... there has never been any rule restricting that... it's your money, spend it as you wish... but when using grenades they need 2 fall under the guidelines/rules like no nade spamming objectives etc...

there's just a few things i'd like to point out with this. firstly, it encourages spawn camping, especially for orcs. i'm aware it's not against the rules, unless it's excessive, just something to think about. it also gives orcs on t-side in office (and possibly other maps) a nice advantage, being able to spam very powerful nades basically anywhere they can be attacked from just by standing in spawn. office is a tight map with multiple bottlenecks, being able to spam those nades, if done smartly, isnuts. the limitation on gloves for orcs was implemented for that reason, so they weren't spamming crazy powerful nades...well to me, sitting in spawn and repeatedly buying those nades is a workaround for that which wasn't intended, which seems like exploiting to me.

DJ_MikeyRevile
04-20-2012, 02:25 AM
you can buy as many grenades as you want... there has never been any rule restricting that... it's your money, spend it as you wish... but when using grenades they need 2 fall under the guidelines/rules like no nade spamming objectives etc... this is exactly how its always been, minus... orcs are not intenteded to have more then one grenade, therefore bypassing the glove of warmth restriction by buying x amount of nades from spawn it prohibited....

Erdenay
04-20-2012, 02:53 AM
there's just a few things i'd like to point out with this. firstly, it encourages spawn camping, especially for orcs. i'm aware it's not against the rules, unless it's excessive, just something to think about. it also gives orcs on t-side in office (and possibly other maps) a nice advantage, being able to spam very powerful nades basically anywhere they can be attacked from just by standing in spawn. office is a tight map with multiple bottlenecks, being able to spam those nades, if done smartly, isnuts. the limitation on gloves for orcs was implemented for that reason, so they weren't spamming crazy powerful nades...well to me, sitting in spawn and repeatedly buying those nades is a workaround for that which wasn't intended, which seems like exploiting to me.

This - 100% agreed with Brett. It's quite easy to exploit such a rule in multiple maps (think Crackhouse, Assault for T's, Estate, Italy for T's, etc) and this could turn WCS into something most of us not like seeing. I would definitely support a rule against grenade spamming...

DJ_MikeyRevile
04-20-2012, 09:14 AM
This - 100% agreed with Brett. It's quite easy to exploit such a rule in multiple maps (think Crackhouse, Assault for T's, Estate, Italy for T's, etc) and this could turn WCS into something most of us not like seeing. I would definitely support a rule against grenade spamming...
Do it as much as you want, the only issue i have is ORC being allowed to do it. the race is not ment to have multiple nades.

Erdenay
04-20-2012, 09:38 AM
Do it as much as you want, the only issue i have is ORC being allowed to do it. the race is not ment to have multiple nades.

Not just orc, but few other races that have critical (or improved nades) should not be doing so either. (at least in my opinion)

meatspin
04-23-2012, 09:01 AM
The only problem with this logic is that Genocide and Raiden can do the same thing with gloves... I remember a time where Brett Favre was spamming grenades with gloves of warmth on office with genocide specifically. It's quite ironic how his words put the shoe on the other foot.

SCRIBBLE
04-23-2012, 09:45 AM
The only problem with this logic is that Genocide and Raiden can do the same thing with gloves... I remember a time where Brett Favre was spamming grenades with gloves of warmth on office with genocide specifically. It's quite ironic how his words put the shoe on the other foot.

Why waste time calling someone out? I, along with other admins, have caught you intentionally warding a dropped bomb on multiple occasions. That's irony.

brett friggin favre
04-23-2012, 10:44 AM

which is perfectly fine, since gloves are allowed on raiden and geno.

your point is...?