PDA

View Full Version : Tera

XX0wnsXY
04-23-2012, 12:07 PM
http://tera.enmasse.com/

This weekend was open beta for this game, yes, along with Diablo. Played them both but I wanted to make this thread because if you really like typical MMOs with a bit of a twist, you'll like TERA.

My description of TERA is: Aion on crack.

The graphics are beautiful. The only thing I don't like about the open world is that it is not "truly open". You can't go to a mountain if you see it, or if you see another zone over a hill, there is an invisible wall separating them. That hurts the exploration lover in me, but maybe that's subject to change..who knows.

The combat is great. It's not another "Tab target and click/cast" type of game. You have to aim your skill at the target. That goes for healing too (which I really enjoyed).

The armor looks spectacular. Some people don't care, but it's important to me. They really paid attention to detail in clothing design.

The gathering/crafting system is that of Aion..not much different there.

Flight transportation and teleporting are the same as Aion only amped up..pretty damn neat.

All in all, with all of the good games coming out this time of year, TERA won't be a priority..but I know there are some here who do like Korean style MMOs (Including myself) and that would enjoy TERA.

Here are some screenshots of my BETA experience:

Here are some of the flight teleporter (This is the vortex you fly into, however you do fly over open world as well):

Capital city:

My character:

The other downside is it's subscription based..which really sucks because, like Aion, you know the game will go F2P eventually.

TL;DR: Fun game, graphics are great, Korean style without the terrible grindy feeling, Aion on crack.

Sin
04-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Hey that's me in that Cap city pic. I'm pretty sweet you might say.

XX0wnsXY
04-23-2012, 12:18 PM
Hey that's me in that Cap city pic. I'm pretty sweet you might say.

You are pretty sweet with your purple jumpsuit and sneaks lolol.

Sin
04-23-2012, 12:21 PM
I didn't have my pink gloves there. :(

DJ_MikeyRevile
04-24-2012, 01:59 AM
after 11 hours, waiting for the game to download... i have this to say.

I only managed to get to lvl 7 with a human, sorc. The combat system leaves much to be imagined in later levels and gives you ample room to kill and avoid enemies. My eyeballs are bleeding from how bright the UI and environment is but this could be attributed to the fact that i am tired as hell. The UI is still very bright and bulky, i had no interest in reading any of the quests, skills, items ect. The UI is extremely unappealing. The quest objectives where typical grind quests but i didnt feel like i was grinding (due to the combat system) every mob fight was different in a way which helps keep me interested. I hate how the character runs, its like a gay boy prance. Being in a party makes the experience 15 times better. ummm i got alot of lvl 50 drops at lvl 3... wtf is up with that?

This game has strong potential, they will fuck it up like the rest though.

will budget and determine if i will buy, tomorrow.

maynard
04-24-2012, 02:37 AM
I don't know if I can handle another mmorpg breaking my heart

Sin
04-24-2012, 07:53 AM
You could resize and move almost everything in the UI, Mikey.

Xerenix
04-24-2012, 08:25 AM
Tried the Closed beta a few times but never managed to get past level 10 before deciding to shut down and uninstall due to lack of interest in the game.

Looks awesome when watching screenshots and such which makes me want to try it again but once i start, i get bored once again.

Chikun
04-24-2012, 12:58 PM
Pay to play? Korean? Brazilian Zerg? No thank you. I'll wait till its F2P.

All MMO's have a grind, it's how they disguise it that makes it tolerable.