PDA

View Full Version : GreNade Fire Time

THE HOLY SH**T!
04-24-2012, 05:44 PM
The zm needs to adjust the amount of time a zombie could be on fire when hit by a grenade; it's just too much at times. With fewer people on and a few zombies, a 38 second grenade fire time will really slow a zombie down and ruin the game-play by making a normal zombie useless.

What the zm needs is Nade fire be based on the amount of players.

1 zombie = max of 8 seconds
2 zombies = 9 seconds
10 zombies = 20 seconds...

and capped it off at 25/30 seconds.

This is just an idea; I just would like to see if others feel nades are too long or if their just right.

Amon
04-24-2012, 06:42 PM
Sounds like a neat idea. It's definitely worth looking into.

I hate those nades!

Chef C Green
04-24-2012, 07:25 PM
I guess they could be diminished a bit... as you say, when there are few zombies (1-4) a 30+ second nade really is a bit overkill.

Would like to hear someone who know's a bit more about the coding that would need to go into something like this (too much and I would say work on more pressing issues). When I look at the server though, burn duration from nades isn't the main problem that concerns me :headache:.

Bane of Soldiers
04-24-2012, 07:39 PM
Idk, I like the grenade settings at the moment. The only situations that one seems to receive over 25 seconds are when the zombie is standing on the grenade or when it lands in your face.....

Reducing the fire on zombie mod is like nerfing the grenade's damage on gg, pub, or wcs.... I think players should be rewarded for a well placed nade. From the tech side of things, it sounds a little too complicated for just grenades.

Nevertheless, I think the duration for the grenade's fire is fine as it is

Meltdown
04-25-2012, 03:58 AM
The cap should be reduced to max 25 seconds, i was once burned for 38 seconds lol where i had 50 second period time to catch couple of humans.

THE HOLY SH**T!
04-25-2012, 12:18 PM
Idk, I like the grenade settings at the moment. The only situations that one seems to receive over 25 seconds are when the zombie is standing on the grenade or when it lands in your face.....

Reducing the fire on zombie mod is like nerfing the grenade's damage on gg, pub, or wcs.... I think players should be rewarded for a well placed nade. From the tech side of things, it sounds a little too complicated for just grenades.

I disagree grenades are easy to throw and are over rewarded. I got a 800+ grenade kill the other day and got 2 kills along with everyone crying because they were on fire for around 38 seconds. Their was 24 people; it's a tad bit too much and I've notice these amount of times on grenades that do 60 damage as well. I dont think heavy damage grenades give a few zombies much of a chance; it hurts game play for the server as well.

Pl@YwithM3
04-25-2012, 02:22 PM

^this

there is no need to mess with nades at all. zmod is too easy as it is and the LAST thing we need to do is butter up the players to make it even EASIER for either team side. not to mention something like this would probably require a LOT of work for what it isnt even worth; esp when there are countless more important things that require "adjusting" in zm.

Bane of Soldiers
04-25-2012, 02:42 PM
I disagree grenades are easy to throw and are over rewarded. I got a 1800 grenade kill the other day and got 2 kills along with everyone crying because they were on fire for around 38 seconds. Their was 24 people; it's a tad bit too much and I've notice these amount of times on grenades that do 60 damage as well. I dont think heavy damage grenades give a few zombies much of a chance; it hurts game play for the server as well.

I've never thrown a grenade that's done more than 500-800. Congrats on that...

I'm not surprised that a 60 damage grenade would give that kind of fire time. In conventional css (pub and such), you have to be positioned kinda close to a grenade to take 60.....

And I'm not advocating for a higher powered grenade. For most zm players, the grenade's worth lies in fire time, not in explosion damage. The knockback and armor-weakening are nice bonuses to that fire time, but stand-alone they're worthless. A grenade that barely slows a zombie is a fail nade. So reducing the fire time would make the grenade more or less useless to most players. Except for ruining barricades or blasting zombies into a holdout...

I will yield on the idea that it might be necessary to reduce fire time on certain escape maps. But as for ZM/Cade maps and for lengthy escapes like LOTR, I will stand for zombies burning for whatever they get.

Meltdown
04-25-2012, 03:48 PM
^this

there is no need to mess with nades at all. zmod is too easy as it is and the LAST thing we need to do is butter up the players to make it even EASIER for either team side. not to mention something like this would probably require a LOT of work for what it isnt even worth; esp when there are countless more important things that require "adjusting" in zm.

Not easier just more realistic 38 seconds burn time period is too much, that is too easy I don't think it will make it allot easier to decrease the cap on nades.

T3h tyrant
04-25-2012, 04:18 PM
the nades are fine if you get hit with one for 30 seconds that's because it literally hit you in the face or you stepped on it everyone needs to quit there bitching over pointless stuff in zm like this..

Meltdown
04-25-2012, 04:56 PM
the nades are fine if you get hit with one for 30 seconds that's because it literally hit you in the face or you stepped on it everyone needs to quit there bitching over pointless stuff in zm like this..

Having a discussion is not bitching, excuse me? Discussions are good and so downgrading it to bitching is pretty disrespectful towards the freedom of speech and towards the people so therefore not pointless, but your post it.

T3h tyrant
04-25-2012, 05:25 PM
Having a discussion is not bitching, excuse me?

pointless discussions... zm has always been like this dont like it? go play on another community straight up, ibis zm is great and that's why we have so many people who not only play there but have so much hours on it. you complained enough to get little town a zombie hp boost you complain about b hoppers in crouch spots and you now complain about a fucking nade? :banghead:

TheFallen927
04-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Over the past few months the zombie mod forum has been filled with different threads on subjects that matter and some that were rather pointless.

The 38 second nades have been around for ages but a thread complaining about it only gets made now. So if this was such a big issue why wasn't a thread made sooner?

If you want to continue down a path of trying to get the zombies a lot more hp ex: all above 10k hp as alpha zombies, reduce nade times ect go right ahead and continue with these threads.

Shadow_√II
04-25-2012, 06:49 PM
I think you guys just suck as zombies.

Pl@YwithM3
04-25-2012, 09:42 PM
pointless discussions... zm has always been like this dont like it? go play on another community straight up, ibis zm is great and that's why we have so many people who not only play there but have so much hours on it. you complained enough to get little town a zombie hp boost you complain about b hoppers in crouch spots and you now complain about a fucking nade? :banghead:

Over the past few months the zombie mod forum has been filled with different threads on subjects that matter and some that were rather pointless.

The 38 second nades have been around for ages but a thread complaining about it only gets made now. So if this was such a big issue why wasn't a thread made sooner?

If you want to continue down a path of trying to get the zombies a lot more hp ex: all above 10k hp as alpha zombies, reduce nade times ect go right ahead and continue with these threads.

+999999 to both of those

i was trying to be somewhat nice in my other post but im changing my attitude and going with this

I think you guys just suck as zombies.

ZERO
04-26-2012, 04:14 PM
The fire time is directly related to the damage done. However I do understand the issue of when there is few players on. I actually like the idea of having a small cap in place for when there is few zombies. The additional programing would not be very hard.

Really though I need to reprogram the bonus knockback script.

THE HOLY SH**T!
04-28-2012, 02:13 AM
That too, i can deal with the zombie time but I would like too see less nade damage when fewer zombies, really does suck too have 2 zombies on fire for 35 seconds, kills the gameplay.

Wuman
04-28-2012, 07:23 AM
I think 38 is decently a lot too, i think it should slightly be nerfed. Maybe a few seconds?
Max should be like 30-35 on your face nade, but then again whose fault is it to get in that range? Why not be quick n ztele away :o
But I do like the idea of lowering it more for less zombies/people in server.