PDA

View Full Version : Auto Ward Enforcement

ZERO
04-25-2012, 02:32 AM
So I got to thinking that perhaps it is time I just made it impossible to ward objectives by creating a check.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1287116 for example lets me get the bomb sites of which I can then get the locations and then prevent wards within an X radious. In theory a simular thing could be done with hosties.

Nemesis
04-25-2012, 03:57 AM
You always like my ideas so much more when you say them.

What
04-25-2012, 08:10 AM
Its a good idea, and would eliminate a lot of the guess work as to whether or not a wards placement is in violation of the rule, but how big of a radius are we talking since inevitably if this is installed on a server and it is not big enough someone will go ward crazy since they will likely feel that if they can ward, they are allowed to ward there at that point.

DJ_MikeyRevile
04-25-2012, 08:19 AM
Hello, i am DJ mikey and i approve this message!

taz1stP
04-25-2012, 09:12 AM
the only problem would b the fact that u eye of ra would just have to sit on objective and spam ult and people would bitch they cant ward where there summoned.

blackmail242
04-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Its a good idea, and would eliminate a lot of the guess work as to whether or not a wards placement is in violation of the rule, but how big of a radius are we talking since inevitably if this is installed on a server and it is not big enough someone will go ward crazy since they will likely feel that if they can ward, they are allowed to ward there at that point. They would still have to leave 1 clear entrance to the objective :P

ZERO
04-25-2012, 11:50 AM
The radius would be equal to the radius of a ward so that no part of a ward could tough the inside of a bomb planting area. This would make it impossible for someone to be killed by a ward while defusing. Note that nades from hell hunter would not be included. This is only for the 2 types of wards we currently have.

XX0wnsXY
04-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Solid idea, I like it. It's much better than having to warn people for "accidentally" warding the objective over and over..or worse..having to use admin powers on them.

ZERO
04-25-2012, 01:32 PM
I am still unsure how to address the hostage issue but at least this will make the bomb sites better. :wtg:

maynard
04-25-2012, 03:10 PM
Its a good idea, and would eliminate a lot of the guess work as to whether or not a wards placement is in violation of the rule

lmfao guess work?

the warding rules are incredibly simple and easy 2 follow... if you find it as guess work, you're obviously not all that familiar with the rules regarding warding.

I could care either less if this is done as warding the objective doesn't overly happen, and the noobs who do come along and just start shit end up always being dealt with rather quickly.

if this is a big project, I rather see you spend more time dealing with the races than something like this that we've always managed without.

acolyte_to_jippity
04-25-2012, 05:00 PM
bad idea. there's no reason to introduce more unneeded plugins to the server. the rules are extremely clear, and very explicitly laid out.

Chef C Green
04-25-2012, 09:38 PM
bad idea. there's no reason to introduce more unneeded plugins to the server. the rules are extremely clear, and very explicitly laid out.

Aye, not to mention anyone able to USE wards has earned enough levels (been in the server long enough) to either see this rule implemented OR be familiar with the rules currently in place.

maynard
04-25-2012, 10:12 PM
I prefer the idea of people learning 2 be good with wards... as in learning when and where 2 use them, when 2 not use them etc... just seems like learning when and where and how 2 use it would make for a better player over just hitting a button and never having 2 worry about anything.

ZERO
04-26-2012, 11:27 AM
It would not be a plugin it would be coded directly into the races and prevent them from droping one. This is more for when I go back to reprogram and update the races when I get all the old ones back. :wtg:

CYBER
05-04-2012, 02:55 PM
if it's a POST-races update, then sure why not.
you can create the "allowWard" function and have it run whenever the ward is spammed, EXCEPT when summoned by eye rae.
i personally like the idea of a shadow hunter being able to rape eye-rae team campers with 1 ward when summoned. and i dont think that the check-wards thing should apply for that situation.

maynard
05-04-2012, 03:00 PM
obviously not, as being able 2 ward eye ra is like the main counter for that class lol. would be throwing 2 much strategy out the window for basically no gain as those who misuse wards are very low in numbers, and the very few who do are dealt with.

like I originally said... it's not an update we honestly need there's far more important things the server does need... like releasing the rest of the races finally.

Dj panda
05-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Like some said, We dont need this update as it will bug out and fuck over countering eye ra summoinings :o