PDA

View Full Version : Mics and kids

brett friggin favre
04-30-2012, 11:28 AM
there has been some false information going around and i'd like to clear it up, at least for those who read the forums.

there is no age requirement for using the mic. none. at all. ever. do not ban, do not mute, do not threaten either just because a kid wants to use his mic. of course, they must abide by the same rules as the rest of us; no spamming, excessive yelling, that kind of stuff. ibis is a friendly environment and if there's some straight g 8 year old who wants to use his mic sometimes then that's fuckin awesome and not something that should be punished. i'm not pointing fingers, i just don't want any admins enforcing this non-existent rule or threatening to do so.

DJ_MikeyRevile
04-30-2012, 12:09 PM
Friendly? Ibis? How did you manage to fit those two words into a sentence?

At any rate Brett is correct, kids are fragile. Souls weak. If they wish to use there Mic let them.

SCRIBBLE
04-30-2012, 07:47 PM
I would point figures if I could remember who I was telling not to do this a few days ago.

blackmail242
04-30-2012, 08:48 PM
But the fucking prepubescent screeching of using a mic... -.-; I mean have you HEARD Demonsalad? But yeah >.> I know

DJ_MikeyRevile
04-30-2012, 10:23 PM
But the fucking prepubescent screeching of using a mic... -.-; I mean have you HEARD Demonsalad? But yeah >.> I know he is like the only active kid in our servers that isnt an obnoxious fuck like the rest.....

acolyte_to_jippity
04-30-2012, 11:06 PM
no, fuck that. if their voice is annoying, then that's that and they go without speaking. if they're not annoying, then they're free to talk.

checkster
05-03-2012, 01:58 PM
he is like the only active kid in our servers that isnt an obnoxious fuck like the rest.....

Agreed

CHI-TOWN
05-03-2012, 03:50 PM
no, fuck that. if their voice is annoying, then that's that and they go without speaking. if they're not annoying, then they're free to talk.
I agreed. Alot of these kid abuse the Mic and there voice is so high its all most unbearable to play. But they don't abuse it they should be fine to use it

Erdenay
05-03-2012, 05:28 PM
Besides, if not for them, we'd have never gotten such classics as Hacker mom :wtg:

Nemesis
05-03-2012, 05:32 PM
I agreed. Alot of these kid abuse the Mic and there voice is so high its all most unbearable to play. But they don't abuse it they should be fine to use it

enjoy yourself.

Vladninja
05-04-2012, 12:30 AM
Maynard will probably come in and curb stomp me for saying this but I think its up to the admin to issue a warning to any underage kid that talks non stop or enough that it distracts from gameplay.
After that fact I see no issue with temp mutes... now for the record I said temp mute don't put a perma mute on them just because they are annoying.
Its also your job to explain to them that team related info is ok but I don't wanna hear your 12 year old voice arguing about which is the best pokemon.
While we have no official rule on this at ibis look Counter Strike is a what Mature/Teen rated game... that being said if your under the age of 16 your probably shouldn't even be playing it.
We don't enforce an age rule in our servers but I have run into my fair share of kids that just talked to much.

brett friggin favre
05-04-2012, 12:46 AM
Maynard will probably come in and curb stomp me for saying this but I think its up to the admin to issue a warning to any underage kid that talks non stop or enough that it distracts from gameplay.
After that fact I see no issue with temp mutes... now for the record I said temp mute don't put a perma mute on them just because they are annoying.
Its also your job to explain to them that team related info is ok but I don't wanna hear your 12 year old voice arguing about which is the best pokemon.
While we have no official rule on this at ibis look Counter Strike is a what Mature/Teen rated game... that being said if your under the age of 16 your probably shouldn't even be playing it.
We don't enforce an age rule in our servers but I have run into my fair share of kids that just talked to much.

exactly, and that goes for people of all ages. it's true that kids are generally far more annoying, but i was just making the point that nowhere in the rules are we allowed to mute solely based on age or voice. it's how the voice is used that is to be considered.

Carmichal
05-04-2012, 12:45 PM
Honestly we should perma ban children on sight. I hate them, they are a drain on the econmony. They are stupid, and should be stoned to death. Besides CSS is rated M for mature, children are the exact opposite of that.

And their parents are even dumber than the children, letting them play. They use it as a tool to not pay attention to their kids.

Also I might add that the reason we have so many stupid children and parents is because young whores get knocked up.

Amish Ninjah
05-05-2012, 03:32 PM
You do have the option to mute ingame.... Not choosing sides but a simple mute solves the problem beautifully :wtg:

And by mute I mean in options NOT an admin mute ;D

Tickle Me Emo
05-06-2012, 01:35 AM
You do have the option to mute ingame.... Not choosing sides but a simple mute solves the problem beautifully :wtg:

And by mute I mean in options NOT an admin mute ;D

The problem with doing this as an admin is that you are now no longer monitoring that player for actual mic abuse (which, I might add, annoying little kids are far more prone to do anyways). This undermines your effectiveness as an admin. It's not all fun and games and do whatever you please for admins, we're expected to do a job while we're playing. In any case, I agree with Vlad and Brett.

Also, lol @ Michelle.

Amish Ninjah
05-06-2012, 03:40 AM
True but usually its brought to attention from other players so if he was indeed muted on my end if he breaks rules alot of people usually speak up.
I guess its a double edged sword, I personally cannot deal with people who talk ALOT so I mute them until they calm down. Unless of course they break the rules than a server mute is issued :icon_mrgreen:

Akoiah
09-02-2012, 12:36 AM
I'd say 90% of kids that come into the server are just screaming into their mics....so yeah. the mutes that i've personally seen are justified imo.

brett friggin favre
09-02-2012, 12:44 AM
don't necro...

Steamer
09-02-2012, 01:08 AM
Chikun... Do your thing...

Chikun
09-02-2012, 11:05 AM

Back by popular demand.

Sin
09-07-2012, 08:44 AM
I don't believe this even qualifies as a necro, since it isn't apparent that he was trying to raise his post-count, and had something to add to the conversation. I'd rather see this, than someone create a new thread of the same topic, just to have it closed and directed to the original thread. Shit clogs up the search feature, son.

That being said. Kids are fun to troll.

XX0wnsXY
09-07-2012, 12:44 PM
I don't believe this even qualifies as a necro, since it isn't apparent that he was trying to raise his post-count, and had something to add to the conversation. I'd rather see this, than someone create a new thread of the same topic, just to have it closed and directed to the original thread. Shit clogs up the search feature, son.

That being said. Kids are fun to troll.

Don't necro..this thread is 5 days old.

Hitman
09-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Dont necro the necro....this post was 4 hours old!!!

Steamer
09-07-2012, 01:36 PM
Spammmmmmmmmmm +1 post.

Hitman
09-07-2012, 01:48 PM
Hitman says ENUFF lol +2

CYBER
09-08-2012, 04:39 AM
Pop quiz, no cheating: who can actually still name/remember the title and subject of this thread without looking it up???-.-

maynard
09-08-2012, 04:42 AM
I can.... but we both already knew that.

CYBER
09-08-2012, 05:45 AM
I can.... but we both already knew that.Someone who isnt an insomniac no lifer who lurks the forums and has logs of everyth... Ergh, nevermind ibis.

brett friggin favre
09-08-2012, 12:00 PM
i can, but i wrote it

maynard
09-08-2012, 12:15 PM
Someone who isnt an insomniac no lifer who lurks the forums and has logs of everyth... Ergh, nevermind ibis.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but mexicans with shit grammar will never hurt me.

Hitman
09-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but mexicans with shit grammar will never hurt me.

+1 lol