PDA

View Full Version : Whiskey

Creslin
04-30-2012, 09:25 PM
Banned tonight for mouthing off and being a douche in general.

I deserved it, didn't come here to complain about it.

Did want to say that I've noticed that the folks that buy admin and play in the GG server seem to pick and choose what they want to enforce.

Case in point, what started all the shit tonight:

Scrublet TKs me to about 15 health at the beginning of about five rounds in a row.

Two admins playing (Whiskey and Kush). I complain. Neither of them do shit.

I TK said scrublet.

I reconnect to switch teams (they were off balance, so "m" wasn't doing the trick) to get away from the scrublet since no one is doing anything about it.

Reconnect at a lower level than I would have been if I'd eaten the 2 level loss from the slay.

Get yelled at for reconnecting, get slayed, get threatened to be banned.

Yeah, I know. It's a rule. Funny that the rule was put in place to keep you from circumventing TK punishment and I actually ate a dick because I came back at the average level.

Whatever.

Like I said, I went off and decided to be a douche. I earned the ban.

You guys gotta get these idiotic admins straight.

If you're going to enforce the rules ("no reconnecting allowed", "no mouthing off to admin (because he drops $9/mo more than me, he's special)"), but ignoring people getting raped round after round to TKs without doing anything?

Fuck that.

Enjoy your servers, kiddies. It's been real. Reserved slot donation subscription canceled.

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Even better. Just noticed he's actually a member.

Not real sure if that makes it worse or not.

The sentiment's the same.

meekz
04-30-2012, 09:31 PM
I banned you for 10 minutes for not following the ibis rules and for being disrespectful to whiskey, deal with it.

brett friggin favre
04-30-2012, 09:33 PM
you were banned for 10 minutes. i think you're overreacting.

Bane of Soldiers
04-30-2012, 09:43 PM
Gonna be that asshole and say that nobody on these forums will care unless your thread is filed in the correct format

As you stated, your ban is legit, but if you wish to report abuse on an admin for those other accusations, follow the format described here (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/156-READ-THIS!-How-to-report-Abuse)
You can find automated demos of any IBIS server here; (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/6434-Links-to-Demos) select the server, time, and map where the admin abused their powers. Download it and upload it the abuse thread. Context and tick marks would be extremely helpful and will speed the process.

Help us help you help us.

taz1stP
04-30-2012, 09:44 PM
gatta love some of these people

Penis シ
04-30-2012, 09:50 PM
Also, falsehood on your part. If you leave and rejoin while above average level, you keep your level. So if you changed levels, you DID, indeed, exploit rank system. Mouthing off was why you got banned, and last, but not lease; if someone is team attacking you, make sure you have the admin's attention and DON'T retaliate. If both admins are on the other team, they can't SEE that someone is team attacking you (as it doesn't show up in the chat box) and slaying someone on your word is a FAST way to get an abuse thread.

With all that being said, your options were pretty laid out. Type spec in console and switch teams if 'm' isn't working, or wait until the option WAS working. Mouthing off to an admin for not reacting to hearsay is stupidity on your part. Don't blame the admin because you handled things like a 5 year old.

meekz
04-30-2012, 09:54 PM
Don't blame the admin because you handled things like a 5 year old.

This.

Fluffy Frufflebottoms
04-30-2012, 10:15 PM
Don't expect much, Creslin. I've been in the same situation for two weeks straight without breaking any rules myself, and nobody cared. If you retaliate, people will dismiss you for retaliating, but it's a false proposition, as people tend to just not care all that much about admin neglect.

DJ_MikeyRevile
04-30-2012, 10:24 PM
Don't expect much, Creslin. I've been in the same situation for two weeks straight without breaking any rules myself, and nobody cared. If you retaliate, people will dismiss you for retaliating, but it's a false proposition, as people tend to just not care all that much about admin neglect.

I could start frequenting again... I do my best to aid those in need! with a few to many curse words that is.