PDA

View Full Version : Elder Scrolls Online

B1ackOut
05-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Its official, there is going to be an actual online elder scrolls game:icon_mrgreen:
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/723435/elder-scrolls-online-announced/

brett friggin favre
05-03-2012, 10:42 PM
wtf happened to fallout online? dammit bethesda make up your minds -.-

Chikun
05-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Brb, picking up the pieces from my head that just exploded.

Joy boner is imminent.

maynard
05-04-2012, 12:54 AM
wtf happened to fallout online? dammit bethesda make up your minds -.-

it's been in an epic court battle for like 3 years. it was finally like 3-5 months ago settled. it's still going 2 happen.

Xerenix
05-04-2012, 03:10 PM
And here is two pictures of the game.

http://www.gameinformer.com/resized-image.ashx/__size/610x0/__key/CommunityServer-Blogs-Components-WeblogFiles/00-00-02-73-21/0777.watermarked.jpg

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/bethesda/elderscrolls/online/hub/screen610.jpg

maynard
05-04-2012, 03:12 PM
Hmmmm interesting.

Xerenix
05-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Some more pics and a description of the game.

http://www.dsogaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/adsadsdsadsa-300x151.png (http://www.dsogaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/adsadsdsadsa.png)

http://www.dsogaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/adsdasdasdsa-300x157.png (http://www.dsogaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/adsdasdasdsa.png)

http://www.dsogaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/asdasdsa-300x150.jpg (http://www.dsogaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/asdasdsa.jpg)

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/new-the-elder-scrolls-online-details-third-person-perspective-confirmed-combat-system-detailed/

Looks to be an disappointment.

acolyte_to_jippity
05-04-2012, 04:53 PM
And here is two pictures of the game.

http://www.gameinformer.com/resized-image.ashx/__size/610x0/__key/CommunityServer-Blogs-Components-WeblogFiles/00-00-02-73-21/0777.watermarked.jpg

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/bethesda/elderscrolls/online/hub/screen610.jpg

odd, there's no crossguard or handle on that katana. it looks as if the guy's wielding it by its tang. interesting.

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-04-2012, 06:57 PM
i dont get why they dont just take the original combat system and well everything they have perfected in there series and use that? why must they recreate a whole new type of game in the same worlds we all know and love. for example... Why cant it be "skyrim" but expanded throughout all continents and Multiplayer..

maynard
05-04-2012, 07:02 PM
i dont get why they dont just take the original combat system and well everything they have perfected in there series and use that?

agreed.... guess they figure they have 2 be new! and cutting edge! ... which will give the game potential 2 fail...

but hopefully it's half decent.

Sin
05-07-2012, 07:53 AM
I stopped reading at "The Elder Scrolls Online will feature raids and heroic modes for its dungeons as end game content..."

YAWN!

B1ackOut
12-12-2012, 08:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLp0ykvotEI&feature=g-high-rec

Found in my recommended, kinda older video, and alpha, no actual video gameplay but what the guy describes sounds very good.

Chikun
12-12-2012, 09:36 PM
Joy boner. PvP sounds awesome. Can't wait to relive the Lineage 2 glory days.

Assassin
12-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Fucking finally. Didn't know how long it was going to take for them to try and make something like this.

StarsMine
12-16-2012, 03:25 AM
My roomate and I are interested. Hopefully it wont end up being a regret purchase like star wars ended up being.

Chikun
12-16-2012, 03:45 AM
My roomate and I are interested. Hopefully it wont end up being a regret purchase like star wars ended up being.

Or Guild Wars 2, or CoD Black Ops, or Starcraft 2, or Diablo 3, Or... I'm going to stop thinking about it.

StarsMine
12-16-2012, 03:51 AM
Or Guild Wars 2, or CoD Black Ops, or Starcraft 2, or Diablo 3, Or... I'm going to stop thinking about it.
hey hey hey, stop buying games at launch.
last two games I have bought at launch where BF3 (the only thing I really regret is the FUCKING ORGIN SHIT, so I never play it, and I got it for 40 bucks) and TOR, which I got for 20 bucks at launch.
I have learned to wait a year and if I am still intersted get the game for 20-30 bucks instead of 60.

Chikun
12-16-2012, 03:58 AM
hey hey hey, stop buying games at launch.
last two games I have bought at launch where BF3 (the only thing I really regret is the FUCKING ORGIN SHIT, so I never play it, and I got it for 40 bucks) and TOR, which I got for 20 bucks at launch.
I have learned to wait a year and if I am still intersted get the game for 20-30 bucks instead of 60.

I think the gaming industry has cornholed me so many times that I don't even feel it anymore.

Chikun
01-29-2013, 01:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jNT5cMwxw0&feature=player_embedded

Sin
01-29-2013, 05:05 PM
No thanks!

Chikun
01-29-2013, 09:05 PM
A live action trailer with no related game value didn't convince you to sign up for free?

Sin
01-29-2013, 11:51 PM
Bethesda is involved... DO NOT WANT.

DJ_MikeyRevile
01-30-2013, 09:33 AM
is there a release date?

Man i am missing out on alot of games, this sucks.

Chikun
01-30-2013, 02:11 PM
is there a release date?

I have doubts that it will be this year. Really the only game you are missing out on is NS2.

Nemesis
01-30-2013, 07:00 PM
I have doubts that it will be this year. Really the only game you are missing out on is NS2.

It's slated for this year, but that could be a Beta by late December at the most I'm thinking.

StarsMine
01-30-2013, 07:37 PM
I would think the beta is much sooner then that because the sign ups are going on now.

Chikun
01-30-2013, 10:01 PM
well I would encourage signing up so we have a better understanding if the game is going to be garbage. It's free anyway so why the hell not.

Assassin
01-31-2013, 02:08 PM
well I would encourage signing up so we have a better understanding if the game is going to be garbage. It's free anyway so why the hell not.

This.

thecat
02-02-2013, 03:44 PM
WTF happened to Project V13.
That could have been good, but no we need more fantasy MMO's.
BTW PV13=fallout online.

Nemesis
02-04-2013, 03:32 AM
WTF happened to Project V13.
That could have been good, but no we need more fantasy MMO's.
BTW PV13=fallout online.

After your mother died of cancer it was moved to another location to search for a second woman with two cunts.

thecat
02-04-2013, 05:24 PM
After your mother died of cancer it was moved to another location to search for a second woman with two cunts.
Someone should find out how many times you said cunt.
That number will be very big.

brett friggin favre
02-20-2013, 07:44 PM

this is why i'm excited about this game. wiews like this? in an ONLINE game? fuck yeah.

Sin
02-28-2013, 01:12 AM
Did you just upload a screen from Skyrim and pass it off as a screen from Elder Scrolls Online?

brett friggin favre
02-28-2013, 01:50 AM
Did you just upload a screen from Skyrim and pass it off as a screen from Elder Scrolls Online?

no? saying the visuals should in theory be similar, and i'm pumped to be seeing that sort of thing in an online game.

jwtemp
02-28-2013, 09:15 AM
The visuals will be similar but I don't believe they'll be as good as Skyrim. I could be totally wrong, but every screenshot I've seen of TESO has been pretty lack luster imo.

Assassin
03-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Why would they use a diffferent engine? I guess to get more people overall if there comps couldn't handle the original...but then why would they buy the mmo?

Sin
03-08-2013, 10:56 PM
They used the same engine as SWTOR in the testing phases, but they've already said they designed a custom engine for the game. Skyrim used a completely different engine. I'm sure the aesthetics will be nice and colorful as shown in the screenshots they released, but I wouldn't go as far as saying it will be "SKYRIM MMORPG!!!111one".

It's all speculation right now anyway, but the shit they have talked about with the combat engine, it seems like they're going with a GW2 meets Tera... Neverwinter's combat looks more appealing imo.

Assassin
03-09-2013, 01:11 AM
They used the same engine as SWTOR in the testing phases, but they've already said they designed a custom engine for the game. Skyrim used a completely different engine. I'm sure the aesthetics will be nice and colorful as shown in the screenshots they released, but I wouldn't go as far as saying it will be "SKYRIM MMORPG!!!111one".

It's all speculation right now anyway, but the shit they have talked about with the combat engine, it seems like they're going with a GW2 meets Tera... Neverwinter's combat looks more appealing imo.
Damnit...well that sucks.

brett friggin favre
03-09-2013, 02:24 AM
that's strange...what i heard was that they were doing "elder scrolls combat"

StarsMine
03-09-2013, 11:19 PM
Is it wrong that I am hoping for many aspects to be similar to runescape, Mainly the way skills are handled, you can be any "class" you want to be and just switch whenever you feel like it?

maynard
03-10-2013, 10:08 AM
Is it wrong that I am hoping for many aspects to be similar to runescape

No it's fine..... but you should be comparing it 2 final fantasy online, cause final fantasy 11 is actually a good mmorpg unlike runescape:icon_mrgreen:

Assassin
03-11-2013, 04:26 PM
No it's fine..... but you should be comparing it 2 final fantasy online, cause final fantasy 11 is actually a good mmorpg unlike runescape:icon_mrgreen:
FF11 is a hell of a grind game..and I'm not to keen on the whole you die now grind out another week to catch back up to where you are at aspect.

maynard
03-12-2013, 01:43 PM
FF11 is a hell of a grind game..and I'm not to keen on the whole you die now grind out another week to catch back up to where you are at aspect.

don't die.... problem solved:wtg:

and most mmo's are grinds.... just a matter of how much you really want 2 invest time wise for bigger rewards.

all the best mmorpg's have basically been grind games.... they were challenging and took time, so when you accomplished something, it actually felt good. now the mmorpg market is just a bunch of casual bullshit that basically always ends up failing and going free 2 play.... there hasn't been a real good MMORPG in a long long long time.

DJ_MikeyRevile
06-01-2013, 09:32 AM
Any new development?
Has there been a beta test yet?

Im sorta out of the loop, fill me in! :D

Chikun
06-01-2013, 11:41 AM
Couple videos, nothing too revealing.

The beta signups have started and people have been getting invites. Not me though :(

DJ_MikeyRevile
06-04-2013, 11:24 AM
Couple videos, nothing too revealing.

The beta signups have started and people have been getting invites. Not me though :(

im actually relieved to hear this news. I was honest in my beta app, in hopes that a beta test wouldn't happen tell i got home. you know.. tug on some elder scroll developer heart strings with my sob story.

CYBER
06-05-2013, 11:17 PM
don't die.... problem solved:wtg:

and most mmo's are grinds.... just a matter of how much you really want 2 invest time wise for bigger rewards.

all the best mmorpg's have basically been grind games.... they were challenging and took time, so when you accomplished something, it actually felt good. now the mmorpg market is just a bunch of casual bullshit that basically always ends up failing and going free 2 play.... there hasn't been a real good MMORPG in a long long long time.

am i the only one that still thinks gw2 is beast? and i dnt feel the grinding... i level at least 2 levels per character ,per day, just doing some fun daily shit and chilling with friends... and i have 8 characters....

Chikun
06-05-2013, 11:59 PM
am i the only one that still thinks gw2 is beast? and i dnt feel the grinding... i level at least 2 levels per character ,per day, just doing some fun daily shit and chilling with friends... and i have 8 characters....

acolyte_to_jippity
06-06-2013, 12:58 AM

dude i'm fucking loving it. Crystal Desert for life!

maynard
06-06-2013, 04:21 AM
am i the only one that still thinks gw2 is beast? and i dnt feel the grinding... i level at least 2 levels per character

that's because GW2 is one of the easiest MMORPG's 2 ever exist... honestly... if you're new 2 the MMORPG market, start with GW2, cause a kid with downs could master it it's so easy and simplistic... which also leads 2 it being very boring after x amount of time as you just do the same shit over and over which is all 2 damn easy.

GW2 in terms of a 60 dollar game is amazing, it will keep ya busy, you'll have fun etc... in terms of a MMORPG... it's really boring. This game was basically developed so a gold fish could flop around on the keyboard and you'll still see XP rewards being collected and popping off non stop. I find the combat also beyond boring and repetitive

DJ_MikeyRevile
06-06-2013, 09:13 AM
that's because GW2 is one of the easiest MMORPG's 2 ever exist... honestly... if you're new 2 the MMORPG market, start with GW2, cause a kid with downs could master it it's so easy and simplistic... which also leads 2 it being very boring after x amount of time as you just do the same shit over and over which is all 2 damn easy.

GW2 in terms of a 60 dollar game is amazing, it will keep ya busy, you'll have fun etc... in terms of a MMORPG... it's really boring. This game was basically developed so a gold fish could flop around on the keyboard and you'll still see XP rewards being collected and popping off non stop. I find the combat also beyond boring and repetitive

nothing ever pleases you. Arena nets main target was and is PvP. With tournies and real life rewards for being better then the next guy. in terms of PvP its one of the hardest to master, the rewards are even sweeter. id much rather have $100,000.00 USD then a set of raid armor dropped from a generic boss.

maynard
06-06-2013, 10:25 AM
nothing ever pleases you. Arena nets main target was and is PvP. With tournies and real life rewards for being better then the next guy. in terms of PvP its one of the hardest to master, the rewards are even sweeter. id much rather have $100,000.00 USD then a set of raid armor dropped from a generic boss.

Not true. cyber used the word "beast" and I hardly see it as a MMORPG Beast. I did enjoy the game, but it's hardly a stepping stone in the MMO world. 90% of people I Know who have played it have already stoped and the most common reason is "it's just 2 easy"

mikey, you'll never have the epic gear set cause they don't really exist in GW2 and you wont have the 100grand either lol.

I could get into the PVP... but I rather debate with someone whose actually played the game.

The game is good if you look at it as a online RPG or just another 60 dollar game... if you look at it like that, it's fucking amazing, and game of the year without any doubt.... BUT if you compare it on the MMORPG scale... that's opening a major can of worms.

once again though, till you've actually played it a bunch, don't try and sell me on it.

DJ_MikeyRevile
06-06-2013, 10:47 AM
Not true. cyber used the word "beast" and I hardly see it as a MMORPG Beast. I did enjoy the game, but it's hardly a stepping stone in the MMO world. 90% of people I Know who have played it have already stoped and the most common reason is "it's just 2 easy"

mikey, you'll never have the epic gear set cause they don't really exist in GW2 and you wont have the 100grand either lol.

I could get into the PVP... but I rather debate with someone whose actually played the game.

The game is good if you look at it as a online RPG or just another 60 dollar game... if you look at it like that, it's fucking amazing, and game of the year without any doubt.... BUT if you compare it on the MMORPG scale... that's opening a major can of worms.

once again though, till you've actually played it a bunch, don't try and sell me on it.

i played 72 hours straight, the extent of my after launch experience. All i have is articles and the internet to study up on the ever changing game. Did you not partake in any game events over the holidays? GW is my gaming life. Iv logged 10000 hours in my heart.

jwtemp
06-06-2013, 10:49 AM
Maynard, correct me if I'm wrong but you put a bunch of time into Final Fantasy XI didn't you?

maynard
06-06-2013, 11:11 AM
Maynard, correct me if I'm wrong but you put a bunch of time into Final Fantasy XI didn't you?

I play pretty much all MMORPG's, and have for the last 15 years or so... they have always been my fav genre of games next 2 FPS.

Final Fantasy XI is one of the most successful MMORPG's ever made. I seriously suggest you do some research before you try and talk shit about that game. it's like very few others and represents a time when MMORPG's took skill/time and effort.
Cyber is like literally the only person I know who still plays GW2 regularly out of all the people I've known who has played it.

jwtemp
06-06-2013, 11:44 AM
Whoa whoa, I wasn't going to talk shit at all. I was just going to point out that FFXI is a pretty 'hardcore' MMORPG and game in general, really, meaning it takes quite a bit of time investment and a very solid understanding of the game mechanics to 'succeed.' I was only bringing it up to put a little context on your explanation of why GW2 didn't really do it for you, that's all. Comparing the two games, FFXI is to GW2 as actual surgery on a human being is to Trauma Center on the Wii. LOL

GW2 I believe was banking on what most games bank on these days - marketing and hype to sell pre-orders and that 'first five hour' experience to sell the game between friends. Unfortunately, the philosophy behind FFXI is no longer the focus of games. This is for better and for worse, I think, and the move toward oversimplification and pandering to the casual market is detrimental to gamers who like a solid challenge and feeling of accomplishment when they complete a tough segment or task in a difficult game.

Luckily, the challenging genre isn't completely dead. We still have games like Demon's and Dark Souls to keep us masochists entertained. :icon_mrgreen:

DJ_MikeyRevile
06-07-2013, 08:54 AM
anyways, from whats been released so far does elderscrolls online look promising?

Jeimuzu
06-07-2013, 10:28 AM
Meh.. I'm not excited for it in the least bit. It seems like they change the dynamics of the game too much.

maynard
06-07-2013, 10:41 AM
anyways, from whats been released so far does elderscrolls online look promising?

Looks decent... but Ive seen many a MMO look good... and just suck lol... so I'll reserve judgement till I can play it. I am excited for it though and hope it's half decent.

DJ_MikeyRevile
06-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Looks decent... but Ive seen many a MMO look good... and just suck lol... so I'll reserve judgement till I can play it. I am excited for it though and hope it's half decent.

i am hoping it is as visually appealing as skyrim... couple that with a set of oculet rifts or what ever there called and... i may be in heaven.

Sin
06-10-2013, 01:17 PM
Anyone into Club Penguin? 100000 x better than Elder Scrolls.

PS: You can throw snowballs...

maynard
06-10-2013, 01:30 PM
Anyone into Club Penguin? 100000 x better than Elder Scrolls.

PS: You can throw snowballs...

my 7 year old is :icon_mrgreen:

HypeRNT
08-23-2013, 04:49 PM
Seen like tons of leaked beta footage/skills for this game already, been following it very closely as i think the ES series pretty amazing and for them to take it to ONLINE level is even better. Game looks alright right now, don't expect skyrim online, but it has some feel to it like its part of the ES series.

DJ_MikeyRevile
08-23-2013, 08:30 PM
elder schools announced that there will be a $15 sub. They ruined this games potential.

HypeRNT
08-23-2013, 10:02 PM
elder schools announced that there will be a $15 sub. They ruined this games potential.

Yes, announced this few days ago, but im pretty sure anyone who isn't retarded knew that they will charge a sub of some sort for a AAA MMO i think most hoped it wasn't going to be 15$. I have no problem with it as long as the content is good and is released frequently. Game looks alright, watched plenty of leaked vids, seen most skill trees already and all weapon/armor trees as well, graphics look nice still have to play it for myself to know more.

Oh and hated the quakeCon video when they showed the bow shooting arrows like a machine gun and the insta weapon swap was lil annoying, i feel like you should have some sort of penalty for swapping weapons instantly like that.

What
08-23-2013, 10:05 PM
Mikey, he is talking directly at you.

HypeRNT
08-23-2013, 10:32 PM
Mikey, he is talking directly at you.

And once again another post from you with nothing to contribute to, go on troll, click the back key and exit the thread, back into your cave you go:wtg:

DJ_MikeyRevile
08-23-2013, 10:46 PM
And once again another post from you with nothing to contribute to, go on troll, click the back key and exit the thread, back into your cave you go:wtg:
God damn hippies.

What
08-24-2013, 12:39 AM

Um me and mikey are doing something that doesn't concern you, its from in server stuff that you are not aware of so go ahead and die angry dipshit.

Milkster
10-20-2013, 11:39 PM
Honestly, I can not wait for this game. Ofc there would be a SUB. They can get away with it lets be honest. World of Warcraft charges just under £10.00 for a monthly sub. It's not even that good and I've played it for a few years. Regrets/ I will be paying the sub, aslong as its not over £20.00 D:

brett friggin favre
11-20-2013, 06:55 PM
biggest round of beta invites yet just went out recently, check your email(s).

also, why not discuss alliances? daggerfall, ebonheart, or aldmeri?

FOR THE QUEEN!

DJ_MikeyRevile
11-20-2013, 07:24 PM
biggest round of beta invites yet just went out recently, check your email(s).

also, why not discuss alliances? daggerfall, ebonheart, or aldmeri?

FOR THE QUEEN!

This post is in direct violation of the NDA. Sharing your privilege as a beta tester with those who are not is against ESO NDA.

seriously, you cant even tell non beta testers you are a beta tester....

brett friggin favre
11-20-2013, 07:42 PM
This post is in direct violation of the NDA. Sharing your privilege as a beta tester with those who are not is against ESO NDA.

i never said i got a key...i said a large batch was sent out, then brought up a discussion of alliances. did you read?

DJ_MikeyRevile
11-20-2013, 07:54 PM
i never said i got a key...i said a large batch was sent out, then brought up a discussion of alliances. did you read?

Dont be so butt angry. Im simply informing any poor fool that they should not post that they got beta access here. The first part of my post was simply poking fun at you, the second was unrelated, just me expressing astonishment that ESO would hexalock down this beta.

brett friggin favre
11-20-2013, 07:58 PM
back on track.

FOR THE QUEEN!

DJ_MikeyRevile
01-07-2014, 07:35 PM
excited to see whats changed (;

HypeRNT
01-07-2014, 08:29 PM
Got in twice in a row! woot. Hopefully they listened to my groups feedback and improved the things that needed improving.

Sin
01-08-2014, 10:17 AM

That goes for any MMO beta or anything with an NDA. Doesn't mean people follow it. Who cares about this shit game anyway...

Xerenix
01-08-2014, 12:57 PM
\o/ :D

brett friggin favre
01-08-2014, 02:37 PM
first time around i wasn't impressed enough to pay $15/mo. it was great....but i just can't see myself paying that.

Nemesis
01-08-2014, 10:47 PM
first time around i wasn't impressed enough to pay $15/mo. it was great....but i just can't see myself paying that.

I know the feeling, and when you're spending that kind of money on it you feel obligated to play and who has that kind of time? Besides poor people with no friends who aren't terrorists...like Cyber!

kionay
01-09-2014, 09:42 AM
unless ESO improves draumatically I have the feeling it's going to be somewhat of a failure/let down :-/

Nemesis
01-10-2014, 06:21 AM
So the game will cost $60 then $15 a month.

A lot of people are saying that this is a money grab up front because they know the game wont do well and it will go free to play not long after release.

That doesn't sound promising at all...

Sin
01-10-2014, 10:33 AM
So the game will cost $60 then $15 a month.

A lot of people are saying that this is a money grab up front because they know the game wont do well and it will go free to play not long after release.

That doesn't sound promising at all...

Exactly. It hasn't sounded promising since the initial announcement. There are just some games/IP's that should not be made multiplayer adventures.

DJ_MikeyRevile
01-10-2014, 12:41 PM
look at all these debbies

HypeRNT
01-13-2014, 11:56 AM
#1 rank in PvP after beta ended, games 2ez

BladeTwinSwords
01-13-2014, 02:40 PM
Honestly, I would rather play ES alone instead of with other people.

HypeRNT
01-13-2014, 05:45 PM
Honestly, I would rather play ES alone instead of with other people.

You can but its much better to play with a small group of atleast 2-10. You can certainly hold your own against certain things but sooner or later you will run into a quest or dungeon or area that is much higher then you and will need help. Its also faster to level with a group then solo since you can rush through PvE faster, but no doubt you can play alone and do perfectly fine.

Nemesis
01-16-2014, 10:33 AM
It would be cool with a coop rather than full blown mmo. Still story driven but you get friends in there too.

Sin
01-17-2014, 10:10 AM
It would be cool with a coop rather than full blown mmo. Still story driven but you get friends in there too.

Similar to Borderlands. I wouldn't mind that actually.

DJ_MikeyRevile
01-17-2014, 10:15 AM
Similar to Borderlands. I wouldn't mind that actually.
i do not know why but i feel alot of the humor would be... lacking.

Sin
01-17-2014, 02:55 PM
The humor in Borderlands or the humor in skyrim? Because double BOOSHing the NPCs while they talk with a friend would be FUCKING HILARIOUS!

Mr.Dangerous
01-24-2014, 09:23 AM
Might aswell play World of Warcraft :reddot:

Nemesis
01-30-2014, 12:54 AM
And now if you don't pre order the legendary edition you can't play one of the races.

So now this game is $60
Plus $15 a month
Plus $?? for the whole game
Plus a cash-shop in the game to get things

Nope.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-30-2014, 02:26 AM
And now if you don't pre order the legendary edition you can't play one of the races.

So now this game is $60
Plus $15 a month
Plus $?? for the whole game
Plus a cash-shop in the game to get things

Nope.

what race?

Nemesis
01-30-2014, 02:29 AM
what race?

Imperial.

They also get better stuff and gain XP with friends faster.

DJ_MikeyRevile
01-30-2014, 04:01 AM
Imperial.

They also get better stuff and gain XP with friends faster.

Correction, its a ritual you do with another friend. The experience can only be gained when playing with the friend you did the ritual with. This friend does not need to have the imperial edition. Its hardly a pay to win. Furthermore, The imperial race you unlock with the special edition simply allows you to start in any region you want. Where as only some specific races start their story in the region in which they originate from. i.e. norns will start in skyrim ect.

Nemesis
01-30-2014, 08:16 AM
Correction, its a ritual you do with another friend. The experience can only be gained when playing with the friend you did the ritual with. This friend does not need to have the imperial edition. Its hardly a pay to win. Furthermore, The imperial race you unlock with the special edition simply allows you to start in any region you want. Where as only some specific races start their story in the region in which they originate from. i.e. norns will start in skyrim ect.

Not if you pre order. If you pre order you can play any race in any faction. And the ritual never says its only when with that person. Still, it's a ton of bullshit for a pre order

DJ_MikeyRevile
01-30-2014, 08:29 AM
Not if you pre order. If you pre order you can play any race in any faction. And the ritual never says its only when with that person. Still, it's a ton of bullshit for a pre order

The digital pre order yes... however, the boxed special edition is def worth it for me. Even if i have 0 intention of paying the sub. The way i see it is it will eventually be free to play and i love the elder scrolls franchise. Gimme a giant map and molag bal statue!

Edit: i guess my point is that pre ordering the special edition isnt really pay to win.

HypeRNT
01-30-2014, 12:22 PM
Yeah the imperials will have passive bonuses that i doubt will change much, and although i don't agree with them giving imperials just to people with digital special edition, i doubt it will change much if anything as long as its not over powered. I also think that in the first dlc they do it will be unlocked for everyone, it always seems to happen this way.

As for the price if you go to this website http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gclid=CKSi-Ju0prwCFa5DMgodRgsAsA and enter this coupon code Y2OZM7-MJ3VHD-0AVTI1 you will get 20% off which should make the special edition like 65 bucks or something which is almost same as regular.

I think the game is fun, i had tons of fun in the beta months ago, and my only concern is their lack of skills for each class and the sub fee, i feel like this game will be f2p by the end of the year and i and many others will have wasted alot of money.

Nemesis
04-07-2014, 06:24 AM
So I'm hearing a ton of bad things. Like overly buggy and imbalanced. I also hear some people complaining thy the view is terrible and gives them nausea.

People who are playing it, what's your opinion?

DJ_MikeyRevile
04-07-2014, 07:34 AM
First person view can get nauseating at times due to the massive amount of detail in the world when making fast turns ect. Apart from that, i think you have been lied too by a WoW fan boy. Yes, there is a few bugs but that is to be expected only a few days after launch. Any game breaking bugs have been fixed immediately and the only other bugs still present may impede a useless quest or two. This is one of the smoothest MMO launches in the last decade.

As for imbalance... that is a complete farce. Its virtually impossible for a game to be imbalanced when the game provides you with infinite build possibilities. if someone is QQing about imbalance.. they suck at the game and need to re-evaluate their build and kit.

The game is extremely immersive. Every NPC has voice acting, some quest lines start to form connections between the player and the NPC's involved with the sotry and at some points, you are given a choice as to how you handle the situation. a choice that impacts the world and quest at hand. I could type for hours but ill make it short and sweet.

ESO is most deff an Elder Scrolls game.

Sin
04-07-2014, 08:22 AM
I'm assuming the cry of imbalance is coming from the PvP angle. Yeah there's probably some crazy imabalances with tanks being able to sustain A LOT in this game.

I recommend going with the Daggerfall Covenant faction. The starting area is MUCH more condensed, making travel less of a timesink. The quests are more packed together, where as the other factions quest "hubs" are stretched out far as fuck. I'm sorry, travelling for 5 minutes just to complete a quest isn't indicative of a fun experience, regardless of the "pretty environments".

The game runs smoothly though, no problems there. It isn't a Final Fantasy 14 fiasco, at least, you can actually LOG INTO THE FUCKING SERVER!

PS: People who play MMO's in first person are handicapping themselves.

kionay
04-07-2014, 08:50 AM
I'm sure the game in and of itself won't be that bad

but i think the quality compared with the price tag of the game + subscription is going to be a mismatch

cost for quality, it's not worth it in my book. if they remove the subscription then... maybe

Sin
04-07-2014, 09:42 AM
Oh no doubt, their business model SCREAMS cash grab. They'll most likely sell the license/servers to a F2P company like GamersFirst.

It'll be for the betterment of the game, too. It sucks having a good developer behind a shitty publisher.

Nemesis
04-07-2014, 09:16 PM
Oh no doubt, their business model SCREAMS cash grab. They'll most likely sell the license/servers to a F2P company like GamersFirst.

It'll be for the betterment of the game, too. It sucks having a good developer behind a shitty publisher.

Ya I'd gladly pay $60 for it without the subscription but I just don't have the time to play enough to justify it. Once they can the monthly subscription I'm all for it.

Sin
04-08-2014, 07:43 AM
Yup. Best bet is to wait.

CYBER
05-26-2014, 04:21 AM
NOT rly ESO. but just overall skyrim...

I kinda miss playing that lol...
Funny shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0wffOzXXxI

brett friggin favre
06-01-2014, 07:09 PM
anyone still playing ESO? got opinions?