PDA

View Full Version : In the wild world of WCS

Erdenay
05-25-2012, 10:27 PM
I accidentally initiated a vote for friendly fire... And people got excited and voted yes, which led to a rather interesting outcome. I was not trying to do that vote and I had completely different purposes (wanted to spectate somebody) and I just want to issue a general apology for what happened. I realize for what I did wrong and that I could have denied this, but I see no point to do that. I already got warned by Rezel and I fully understand that what has happened is unacceptable. I will accept any punishment deemed necessary but the upper level admins and clan members. Apologies again.

CYBER
05-25-2012, 10:38 PM
issue solved.
tom was trying to spec someone (which im not gonna state who...) and he accidentally spammed the admin menu trying to spec someone fast... he posted an FF vote... and as usual, everyone spammed 1...
i had somewhat of a voice_enable 0 at that point so i only noticed of this when the TKing started...
i tried rcon commands and sm_ commands to turn FF off... i couldnt...
so i had to initiate a vote to turn off FF ... but everyone was trolling me and voting NO to my request to turn it off...
so i had to take a drastic decision bcos everyone was tking everyone...
so i gave 5 minute bans to whoever voted NO to my command (and ignoring me as admin) and to whoever i saw on top right screen Tking... simply so that the YES votes tip to my favor and i turn it off...
but everyone kept trolling... so i did an rcon_restart and it reset the FF to default settings.
problem solved.
for those i banned, dont take it personally, but the servers are my priority regardless of how close friends we are, i apologize for the dick move but it was my only option at the time.

tom apologized to me, got a warning from rezel via me and priest and shit is ok now. tom be careful next time.

@ZERO, question buddy: why the hell is the friendly fire VOTE in WCS??.... can you please remove this vote from wcs only ? also, can you give ULA bridge commands for rcon_friendlyfire and whatnot just as clan? not trying to overstep here, but when shit hits the fan you need reliable people to handle the situation when clan is not in reach... and i think us ULA are mature enough to use the commands wisely... we do have our title to maintain and respect too....
thank you.

maynard
05-25-2012, 10:59 PM
resolved closed.

@ZERO, question buddy: why the hell is the friendly fire VOTE in WCS??

probably cause in 3 years this is the only time it's ever been an issue. you also have the ability 2 cancel a vote while it's in progress.