PDA

View Full Version : Mac Download Map error?

SirMeatwad
05-27-2012, 01:43 AM
Ok so yes I have a mac, and everytime I attempt to join the zombie server, usually I can't play on the map. "Couldnt CRC (insert map here)"

maynard
05-27-2012, 01:55 AM
try buying a real product... they are known as "PC's"

hope this helped =)

SirMeatwad
05-27-2012, 01:59 AM
thanks. A LOT of help. -_-

jimmay
05-28-2012, 09:42 AM
Ok so yes I have a mac, and everytime I attempt to join the zombie server, usually I can't play on the map. "Couldnt CRC (insert map here)"

Is it consistent for a given map? In other words, can you sometimes play map x and sometimes not?

It sounds to me like you have some corrupted maps.

I'd try deleting the maps that give you the CRC error from "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\<your account>\counter-strike source\cstrike\maps\"

Then let them them re-download from the server and see if that fixes your problem.

You could also try manually downloading the maps from somewhere like GameBanana (http://gamebanana.com/maps/games/72) but that can be a pain in the ass if you have a lot of corrupt maps.

SirMeatwad
05-28-2012, 10:12 AM
Finally, thank you. I'll try that.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

So it didn't work... Guessing I just gotta live with it?

jimmay
05-29-2012, 06:10 PM
Finally, thank you. I'll try that.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

So it didn't work... Guessing I just gotta live with it?

Is it certain maps that never work for you?

SirMeatwad
05-29-2012, 10:55 PM
It's a lot of maps that don't work for me. Most of them just "Couldn't CRC (insert map name)."

jimmay
05-30-2012, 05:54 PM
It's a lot of maps that don't work for me. Most of them just "Couldn't CRC (insert map name)."

Did you try downloading a map that doesn't work from somewhere like GameBanana? If you did and it still didn't work then I'm out of ideas. Seems most people can get past the CRC error by manually downloading the map.