PDA

View Full Version : Starforge - Holy Fuckballs!

Nemesis
05-31-2012, 12:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YxBSYit49c8#!

Check this out, Starforge, a 3D game with infinite procedural terrain, customizable landscape, no loading screens (go from the surface of a planet into outer-space), physics and oh yeah its FREE!

yay!

maynard
05-31-2012, 03:29 AM
it's free!? YAY!

I loves free stuff!

looks interesting though.

Nemesis
05-31-2012, 03:47 AM
it's free!? YAY!

I loves free stuff!

looks interesting though.

from the little i've seen it's still in very early alpha, so if they can polish it up, I can see it being one of the greatest games ever, and spawning a new style of games across all genres.

maynard
05-31-2012, 05:00 AM
I wants 2 play... mainly explore space... as I was watching "sunshine" when I came across this thread lol.

Sin
05-31-2012, 07:13 AM
Sunshine is a good fucking movie. Kaneda. Epic. Scene...

Is this game like a tower defense? I only watched like the first minute when the Zerg started attacking the base. Reminded me of a tower defense game mixed with Minecraft.

T3h tyrant
05-31-2012, 02:56 PM
This game looks like it's gonna kick major ass.

Chikun
05-31-2012, 03:43 PM
Raging Joy Boner. I've been waiting for a FPS/RTS hybrid since the days of BattleZone. The fact that it also threw in a minecraft style as well makes it all the more better.

Erdenay
06-01-2012, 11:22 AM
All I can say is... Fucking wow. I'll definitely give this a shot.

B1ackOut
06-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Tried the alpha, its very early but its got a lot of potential. Although it lags my computer on the lowest setting i can not wait for the polished version.

maynard
06-02-2012, 03:16 AM
Tried the alpha

Ill wait on the beta. Very excited though :icon_mrgreen:

maynard
03-20-2013, 07:01 PM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/227680/

Locust
03-20-2013, 08:33 PM
HO.LY. SHIT.

That looks fantastic

maynard
03-21-2013, 06:13 AM
trying 2 figure out if I should do heart of the swarm of this first..

acolyte_to_jippity
03-21-2013, 06:23 AM
trying 2 figure out if I should do heart of the swarm of this first..

the unfinished game that has potential yet looks like crap (and the weapons are fucking silly looking, lets face it, those are like "tacticool" nerf guns), versus one of the most highly anticipated games of the year?

meh, i'd say neither.

maynard
03-21-2013, 06:26 AM
the unfinished game that has potential yet looks like crap (and the weapons are fucking silly looking, lets face it, those are like "tacticool" nerf guns), versus one of the most highly anticipated games of the year?

meh, i'd say neither.

...negative nancy:smirk:

acolyte_to_jippity
03-21-2013, 06:28 AM
...negative nancy:smirk:

:shrug: i'm more excited for the terraria in space game.

but sc2 basically took everything that was amazing about SC1 and Brood War and said "lol, fuck you" and started over from scratch. fuck that.

now, starforge looks like it has TITLOADS of promise. like, seriously. this concept and how well they seem to be executing it is incredible...BUT...while they have all this promise and possibility, they're not there yet. not even remotely close. i already payed 20$ for a beta that i wasn't able to play until about 3 weeks before public release, i got lucky in that case, but i don't want to take my chances on this.

if you pick it up, however, i'd love to hear about it.

maynard
03-21-2013, 06:31 AM
well I do agree It's no where near as good as SC/BW

jwtemp
03-21-2013, 08:09 AM
Completely disagree that SC2 discarded all of its roots. It took SC and made it bigger, better, more accessible and far more strategic/competitive.

That said, Heart of the Swarm is amazing. I'm only five missions into the campaign and I've been nothing but impressed with the mission structure and narrative layout. Highly recommended for those that enjoyed the Wings of Liberty campaign or want to get back into the competitive multiplayer (from what I understand, the new units shake things up quite a bit, although I haven't actually competed as of yet).

Omegxkid
03-21-2013, 09:33 PM
This is going to be one of them games that everyone will just never let go, they added so much player freedom and customization that you just will not want to play anything else for 2-3 months i cannot wait.