PDA

View Full Version : Vote Ness 4 President

NLA
06-09-2012, 12:37 AM
VOTE NESS 4 PRESIDENT AND/OR CLAN MEMBERSHIP
A vote for Ness is a vote for a better server! And free candy and rides in his van!

|*█*█*█*█*█*█*█*█*█*█OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO |
|█*█*█*█*█*█*█*█*█*██OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO |
|OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO|

In-game name: NessLookAlike

Born: September 1989

Weapon of choice: Without a doubt, the knife. Nothing brings me more pleasure than a good knife kill. "GOTCHA BITCH!" http://media.steampowered.com/steamcommunity/public/images/avatars/4a/4afae47b87dcbafdfa48073919f8b742395ff393.jpg

Maps: Many ZM maps, damn-near all ZE maps, and most GG maps.

Reason for app: You know, over the years I've played with you guys, I've bought admin on and off until I feel that I've helped clean up a bit and make the server more fun to play in, and then I stop paying for a while and just watch how the server plays out, and for some reason I find myself coming back for more. Its a great server with a bunch of unique players and a bunch of great admins. And I get along with most of the admins pretty well, I think!

In the world of ZM servers, the Ibis CSS servers are pretty unique. I've racked up quite a few hours in CSS (>1400 hours), and I'd estimate more than half of that has been spent in the Ibis GG and ZM servers. And I see that as time well spent, honestly. Whenever I would admin on the server, I tried my best to be as fair as possible to everyone (no real abuse threads ever brought against me -- feel free to check!), and I try to keep things interesting for the players and keep an open mind. The way I see it, if I can make the Ibis server experience as unique and fun as possible, better players will join the server and we'll get more regulars that we want to stick around for a long time.

Experience: Have been playing CSS habitually for years. Have admin'd over the years for Ibis on and off, enjoyed every minute of it. I'm a computer systems engineer and am currently attempting to get an internship with Intel in Cali, so I know my way around a computer. I've also volunteered some of my free time in college and taught elementary-school kids the basics of business and mathematics (PATIENCE REQUIRED), so I know how to be patient with players on the servers and forums. I think making maps for CSS could be interesting, maybe one day I'll make the greatest and most hardcore ZE map ever made (Deathstar sequel anyone?) and stamp the Ibis logo on it. :D I've also had my own VPS ZM testing server up and running before, so I know what ZERO works with to keep the server running and would be glad to help if needed.

Contact info: Steam is fine, IRC is fine, I don't check on the forums too terribly often (except when I'm an admin, for obvious reasons) but I'm pretty responsive to email ([email protected]).

Epilogue: I know I may not have one or two requisites for clan, such as having held admin for 10 years or whatever you guys insist on nowadays, but hey, this is my clan app and I'm stickin' to it.
Vote Ness 4 President, he'll give you free candy and a ride in his van! :gape:

And to steal just one last thing from Cyber's application,

+1 me if u think i'm decent enough to join the clan, if u -1 me, please provide a reason so that i work harder to be better! if i get in, i will post nudies :P ... mmm ... not sure thats an incentive now that i think about it ;P

Shigg
06-09-2012, 12:42 AM
All hail the hypnoness

Carmichal
06-09-2012, 12:46 AM
I would have to say -1. I do know who you are, but in all honesty I have only seen you maybe twice in game, and I play most everyday. Also 120 post in almost three years doesn't say you are active enough. However, good luck with your app. Hopefully I will be seeing you more.

Steamer
06-09-2012, 01:29 AM
No...

acolyte_to_jippity
06-09-2012, 02:05 AM
i lol'd

BladeTwinSwords
06-09-2012, 02:46 AM
i lol'd

this.

brett friggin favre
06-09-2012, 08:11 AM
this.

Not as effective being a standalone quote, but this.

NLA
06-09-2012, 09:07 AM
I would have to say -1. I do know who you are, but in all honesty I have only seen you maybe twice in game, and I play most everyday. Also 120 post in almost three years doesn't say you are active enough. However, good luck with your app. Hopefully I will be seeing you more.
I know we've played together more than twice, Michelle.. but as for the rest, well, I tend to be much more active on the forum when I have adminship of some kind because I check for abuse threads, server status threads and such, but hey, my rank in ZM didn't get there overnight, and my 40 posts/year are pure gold if you read them!!

All hail the hypnoness

No...

i lol'd

this.

Not as effective being a standalone quote, but this.
So, one -1, five +1's?? :party:

brett friggin favre
06-09-2012, 09:17 AM
So, one -1, five +1's?? :party:

no. only a few people know who you are, you're not active on the forums and you only play zmod. it's five -1's and one +1, that one coming from someone else nobody knows so it doesn't even count.

NLA
06-09-2012, 09:49 AM
I wouldn't say that only a few people know me, not at all in fact, and I think my time as admin (and accumulated 896 hours on the server) speaks for itself: I've always been a fair admin, and I manage players effectively to keep the server fun and worth coming back to.

But really, if the only thing that matters for clan is that I'm super active and post-happy on the forums, then I think the priorities for clan membership are totally upside-down. Clan members should be responsible individuals that can manage the servers fairly and promote the kind of fun that keeps people coming back to Ibis, and maybe have some role to play in the forums for disputes (reviewing demos, voting on permbans, new map submission / old map deletion, etc). A clan member should be articulant, and not belligerent. A clan member should be someone that has playered on the servers for years and knows how the whole thing operates, and what it takes to operate smoothly. And it would really help if a clan member actually knew something about server admin'ing on the UNIX back-end, so ZERO doesn't have to shoulder the whole load if something goes wrong from server updates or someone exploits the server to avoid ban or grant unprivileged admin powers, or whatever!

If that is what being in clan is all about, then I'm absolutely the man for the job, despite what you may think about me based on my post count. But if the biggest requirement is post activity on the forum, and none of those other things matter worth a damn for clan, then I'm sure I don't want anything to do with clan.

brett friggin favre
06-09-2012, 09:58 AM
you may be the man for the job, but since you only play zmod and aren't active here, nobody knows who you are. you should also know being a clan member is about dedication, and a lack of activity here and on the various servers doesn't show that. i have never played with you to my knowledge and that's a testament to what i'm talking about. there are 4 servers here and an active forum community. playing on zmod for a while doesn't qualify you for clan membership, not by a long shot.

NLA
06-09-2012, 10:10 AM
you may be the man for the job, but since you only play zmod and aren't active here, nobody knows who you are. you should also know being a clan member is about dedication, and a lack of activity here and on the various servers doesn't show that. i have never played with you to my knowledge and that's a testament to what i'm talking about. there are 4 servers here and an active forum community. playing on zmod for a while doesn't qualify you for clan membership, not by a long shot.
So what, I need to consistently play 3-4 hours per day on all four servers to qualify for clan? For years? Who has that kind of time? And why should I need to be jack of all master of none? I love ZMod and GG and I stick with them, but while I'm certainly open to playing on the other Ibis servers some more, I don't think that should be held against me. I've popped my head into Pub and GG before and seen admins I've never heard of and have never seen posting on the forums before. Not everyone has the time to legitimately play for hundreds of hours on all the servers, apart from checking in and performing admin duties, and it's ridiculous to expect that as a clan requirement. And I know that not all clan members stop by and play ZMod on a regular basis, so that sounds like a double standard to me.

Like I said before, I'm much more active when I have adminship because I have to be responsible and check on the forums. And don't try to belittle almost 900 hours of server time (in ZM, which doesn't include however much time it has taken to rack up 54 wins in GG over the years, which the server doesn't report) and having had admin multiple times over the years with no abuse threads.. that is exactly the kind of stuff that a clan member should be required to have. And I do.

If I'm the man for the job, I'm the man for the job.

brett friggin favre
06-09-2012, 10:18 AM
-.- my points have been made, it's pretty clear i'm not the only one who makes those points, you can agree or not i really don't care.

NLA
06-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Where is the love? :violin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sl-MHhEJxI

Bane of Soldiers
06-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Ummm, I don't know about any other zm regulars, but I haven't seen you in ZM for freaking ages Ness.

Plus, I don't know how the fuck anyone thinks "rank" on the ZM server makes you in ANY WAY qualified for clan. And your hours aren't anything special, I have as much hours on CSS, ~1040 of it on zm, and I'm a fucking pebble on the road.

I hate to open old wounds, but you would rank pretty low on the list of applicants on trust points, concerning your little rank predicament with Naked Saturday almost an entire year ago.

Just like the others, your app made me lol a bit. I've played with you more than a number of times, and you give me the impression that you play for lol's and strike out as the polar opposite of what a clan member should be. The attitude of your app doesn't change that impression...

The measly opinion of your fellow zm regular:

acolyte_to_jippity
06-09-2012, 01:35 PM
I wouldn't say that only a few people know me, not at all in fact

this is true. i wouldn't say nobody knows you. i'd say most of those people just don't like you all that much.

NLA
06-09-2012, 03:28 PM
I won't make excuses for not having played recently, but let's just say that my 6970 has been RMA'd for the past 3 weeks. :headache: And before that, I had finals. And before that, trying to graduate from college. I can't play every day, no matter how much I want to. Doesn't mean I'm irresponsible and would make a terrible member of the clan, just means that shit happens.

concerning your little rank predicament with Naked Saturday almost an entire year ago.
Took the words out of my mouth Bane: that was almost an entire year ago. ZERO ruled that only Naked was responsible, no one else, so you're absolutely right, there is no need to "open old wounds" which have already been deemed closed.

And I agree with you: I do play to have fun, and if playing on the Ibis server isn't about having fun for you, and its all serious business, then you're doing it wrong. This is not to suggest I don't obey and enforce the rules properly as admin, as my record of being an admin shows.

this is true. i wouldn't say nobody knows you. i'd say most of those people just don't like you all that much.
Man, I've been accused of being a troll before, but you just take the troll cake, eh? Thanks for the constructive criticism as always, Priest. You are truly a ray of sunshine in a world of skin cancer patients, my friend. :wtg:

Dj panda
06-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Definite -1 , Pushes the wrong buttons and rarley is any active at all/

Steamer
06-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Took the words out of my mouth Bane: that was almost an entire year ago. ZERO ruled that only Naked was responsible, no one else, so you're absolutely right, there is no need to "open old wounds" which have already been deemed closed.

Only because he was the admin doing it, and had his admin removed. If he would of looked into you further and not the topic at hand Naked, I'm sure you would of had some repercussion as well. If it were recent times, you would no longer even be here. Yes, old wound, closed, yet leaves a scar, that scar will tarnish you in your entire future history here. You are not clan material, and any clan member that would even think of voting you in would be a fool (Yes, I went there.)

On the other hand, yes, you were a decent admin most of the time and a player I actually enjoyed playing with when you were active.

SHADY V1RU5
06-09-2012, 09:23 PM
:lmao: :assault: :reddot: :plzdie: lmfao first and foremost if u think u have the slightest chance at all than plz show some direction..... zmod? ur a babysitter nothin more lol u play with the kiddies and where do u get this one -1 and +5? i see nothin but negative so far not like my vote matters but its a for sure -1 >.> not sayin ur a bad guy or gamer but the fact u spent time and filled it out is beyond me lol lots of ppl ahead of u and not to mention it takes a lllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg time to even be thought of for clan but uhhhhhhh yea good luck bud

-1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1

o yea :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: now u got urself a band ^-^

NLA
06-09-2012, 10:35 PM
So much belligerant hate. Why? The only real complaint I've seen from anyone is "you don't play often enough". But hey, thanks for the polite feedback, guys. You're wonderful. Don't change a thing. But if you do change your minds at some point, and would be so kind as to appear objective in your critique and help me out a bit, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks for humoring my app, guys. See you in-game. :shrug:

StarsMine
06-10-2012, 01:09 AM
Dude, My app got pretty much ignored.
Someone like me who is fairly well known at ibis and has a rather good reputation got ignored. I dont see the problem with writing up the app, but dont honestly expect to get in. Im not saying you dont deserve to get in. Im just saying there are alot of people trying to get in, and I view quite a few of them as more eligible to get it, like shady or owns.

CYBER
06-10-2012, 05:50 AM
:lmao: :assault: :reddot: :plzdie: lmfao first and foremost if u think u have the slightest chance at all than plz show some direction..... :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: now u got urself a band ^-^

see, i lolled at this.
ness, i remember u from gg a while back, we used to chill too, and u used to piss me off lol, well everyone does.
im neither against nor pro ur application.
1 thing though, u need to be more active in the forums, and in all of the servers (heck i despise zmod and pub but i still try to drop by at least once a week and check around and get to know the other admins )...
getting clan here is like the holy grail of ibis, u cant just say " i want in" and expect ppl to give a shit, trust me, i did the same mistake too...
stick around for a while, and by while.. i mean a LONG TIME, get to know ppl, befriend the clans, but still respect them as authority, learn ur rules, be a responsible admin and maybe ... just MAAYYYYBE , ppl wont bash ur thread. (but as for ur chances of clan, pretty slim man, but dnt get discouraged, god knows ive been waiting for a long ass time too, and im no where near yet. but that just makes us wanna work better.

for now, its a -1 for the clan app
but keep it up and turn this "0" fucks, to "yes , i do give a fuck" :)

Steamer
06-10-2012, 02:35 PM
You don't think former rank manipulation in these servers is a legit complaint for a position held above the power of all others but Zero?

You all think you have been waiting a long time? Lol.

Joker
06-10-2012, 02:44 PM
You don't think former rank manipulation in these servers is a legit complaint for a position held above the power of all others but Zero?

rofl this is so true, but lol steamer just because you played for a year and than disappeared for like 3 years and than decided to come back for about 8 months now you can't technically say you have been waiting for a long time.........:wtg:

Steamer
06-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Your a fucking idiot. I played for 5 years, came in and out for 1 and played the rest. You don't know me well enough to figure that or the circumstances around it. Your also still bitter for other reasons. Your total time away is more than mine has ever been. Think logically before you make a stupid ass irrelevant post.

CYBER
06-10-2012, 03:14 PM
ahhhhh,, burning hate and love , how lovely.
quiet all of u , if anyone has been waiting for anything for a long time, it would be me, for the ban thread im about to post in the next 20 minutes:D
such a happy day for me :) so all of u whores, quiet.

NLA
06-10-2012, 04:15 PM
im neither against nor pro ur application.
for now, its a -1 for the clan app
I lol'd. Thanks for the kind words though, and I look forward to playering with you again, but man, some of those things I have definitely already done, or at least have gotten my feet wet doing already. For instance,

"stick around for a while, and by while.. i mean a LONG TIME,"
3-ish years and going strong. It seems like people are taking this whole clan app process way too seriously.. getting in clan shouldn't be a life-long commitment.. fuck, that is ridiculous by any standard.
"get to know ppl,"
Plenty of people know me, just not enough forum-goers apparently. "Ness, you haven't played with us recently QQ" is totally different from "..and who the fuck are you again?" Like I've said again and again, I'm plenty active on the forums when I have a responsibility to check in, ie. admin responsibilities. Check out my post history for proof (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/search.php?searchid=108481)!
"befriend the clans, but still respect them as authority,"
I've worked with clan members before over Steam to help with admin abuse claims and to keep the servers running smoothly. It's not like I've never talked to a clan member before, and it's not like I disrespect them every chance that I get.
"learn ur rules, be a responsible admin"
Done, and done. Long since done. My record as admin over the years can attest to this.
"yes , i do give a fuck"
Wouldn't have filled out the application to get yelled at if I didn't give at least 2 fucks! :wtg:

If Zero said only Naked was responsible, then only Naked was responsible. Zero looked through the logs, saw the demos, and made a binding decision. That should be the end of discussion as far as people like you and Bane should be concerned. But since it isn't, consider this: any rank boost that I gained within just an hour or so with Naked in charge was taken from me over the following months from admin abuse by Blade. Feel free to review the BladeTwinSwords admin abuse intervention thread I posted for proof. My rank plummeted. And you know what -- rightly so. But I still play anyway because I give literally 0 fucks about my rank (aside from rubbing it in Blade's face when the opportunity presents itself). So why don't you -- and Bane -- take reality into account before stirring up drama which has long-since been over and dead? Doing otherwise is trolling.

maynard
06-10-2012, 04:30 PM
you don't have the slightest clue as 2 what the clan is, or is about. no one cares what your personal feelings regarding "what the clan should be" are.

-1, you're completely oblivious.

Steamer
06-10-2012, 04:47 PM
But since it isn't, consider this: any rank boost that I gained within just an hour or so with Naked in charge was taken from me over the following months from admin abuse by Blade. Feel free to review the BladeTwinSwords admin abuse intervention thread I posted for proof.

I remember that, thanks for those lol's then.

And it's a main factor that drops any support I would have. Which is why I didn't support this in the first place without saying a word about it. To go on like it never did happen isn't any attest to your "good" character. Like I said before, you were a decent admin, but you are not clan material. I'm not in the same group as Bane (No disrespect Bane.) buddy. :wtg:

Your chances are already grim. ^

NLA
06-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Hey, I'm not just barging in here and tossing my hat in the ring without having put some thought into this; I've looked through the other app submissions for clan, read the feedback, seen the different comments and recommendations which keep showing up again and again as reasons to be excluded from clan membership, such as

be more active on the forum
play on more servers
get to know people, ie. the regulars, the admins, the clan
follow the rules of admin as laid out by Zero
use your admin powers responsibly
respect other admins
respect other clan members
settle permban, map add/deletion, server update disputes with the clan
be a member of the community for a long time
help the community and servers be better on a regular (daily) basis

and most of those things I have already done. And on top of that, I have the bonus of having experience with keeping the back-end of the server running, since I've played with running my own CSS (ZMod) server before, and have run servers in my spare time. Not all applicants can claim that, and most are more concerned with conveying that they enjoy playing guitar and are in the army (Mikey), what video games they play (emTr0), and what the horsepower of their cars they've owned has been (Tragedy) than give reason that they should be given the keys to the server (RCON) and clan responsibilities.

And I already know what you referring to, maynard, since you spelled out the biggest and most important requisite of being in clan to you in Mikey's app,

it's not about just being better than before, that doesn't really matter. you need 2 make people actually like you, and want 2 support you for getting into the clan. people need 2 think you're an awesome admin and person. it's good you've mellowed down a fair bit overall.. but saying "I'm not as bad as before" isn't really much of an accomplishment. you still need 2 win the people over and actually get some support.

.. but look -- I love the servers. I love the people in the servers. I love playing on the servers, and I want to give back to the community. Thats why I keep buying admin from time to time, and thats why I don't skip off to another bunch of servers run by other clans. I've skipped studying for tests because sometimes I just have a CSS itch that can't be scratched without people like

Blade
Pit_Viper
hallwagner and Trazen (way back when)
TacoPaco
Naggafin
B1ack0ut
nagarachi
T3h Tyrant
TheFallen927
Bff.Joker
alex
aNex
Chris Young
Naked Saturday
Ninja_Grampa_Shadow_wolf
Rezel
and
Rob

So hey, I'm not oblivious at all, maynard. I know why I want clan, and who to thank for making me want clan. But like I said before, if those other things I've listed above which actually matter aren't enough for clan, and if getting in all comes down to some circle-jerk popularity contest, and you guys think I just don't care about the community enough or you don't like me for whatever bullshit reason -- even though I find myself coming back for more and giving back as much as I get -- then fuck it, I don't want anything to do with clan. But it's not me that is oblivious, it's you. I know why I'm here. And I'm not going away.

Ibis 4ever. :salute:

Carmichal
06-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Dude, listen up. I don't know what kind of fantasy land you have made up in your head, but it's time to wake up. Even a clan member told you don't have a slight clue to what clan is.

I find it interesting that you think that just because you ran a server gives you an up on being clan. Almost any idiot can run a server. Even wassabi,the biggest idiot of them all, put one up, and I don't think he's getting into clan. Also that's your server, and it has nothing to do with IBIS.

Clan members got in by being here everyday, not just when they had a 'CS:S itch'. It baffles me how you can think that being active on the forums, and interacting with the community are of no importance. Being known for your character is very important. I want you to take notice of the clan you see here like Maynard, Anex, Rezel, and Rapedollar$. Look how long they have been here. Look how much they interact with the community. Look at how much they have helped the community. Clan are known leaders of the community, people that stick out right away when you first come to IBIS, and in a good way. I didn't even know you existed till months after I first joined the forums.

The more and more I read this thread the more and more I realize that people don't want you in the clan. Some how you still think that people do, remember the 'one -1 and +5'. I don't know but that screams delusional to me.

The people you mentioned who have clan apps, never got in the clan, and probably never will. So I don't understand how that is a valid response. (and I mean emtro, Mikey.)

I also find is interesting that you stole that quote from cyber, but are not living up to the words. You have only have argued, instead of saying 'be more active, alright I can do that!' Says a lot about your character. In my experience, those who's actions don't match their words don't get much respect.

Maybe I am going out on a limb here, but what I have learned so far by your very own responses, only backs up my case.

StarsMine
06-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Ness, your just not known anywhere out of zmod itself. Forums dont know you, neither do the other 4 servers.
You need to be more then just a normal regular. You need to be a well known regular who is a well known leader as others have said.
I said it in my last post here, you look at the people here and you see alot of people that a very well deserving of clan, but are not in that group of people they are even considering. Go ahead, through your name in the hat, just dont think its going to be pulled unless you prove yourself.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-10-2012, 06:50 PM
The people you mentioned who have clan apps, never got in the clan, and probably never will. So I don't understand how that is a valid response.

rezel
anex

don't fight stupid with stupid, it seldom works

Bane of Soldiers
06-10-2012, 06:53 PM
What same group? lol I'm too tired to care... =w=

Look, I never said you were a bad admin. My laptop was broken for that year, so I can't judge, I'm sure you were at least decent. I also never said that playing CSS was not about having fun. But to me, you truly seem like a person whose desire for fun will speed past every traffic light of legality. Not saying that you are a carefree rule breaker, just someone that might take things too far. Annoying things.....like taking advantage of exploits. Yes, Naked carried all of the blame, but if you were the law-abiding & community-loving player you say you are, I wonder then, how is it possible that you did not report the incident on a gut feeling of "this is wrong." Unlike many other old zm players, I can't yet put you in the section of players that I know will have fun and play, all the while maintaining integrity and following every letter of the law even in the absence of admins.

I wonder why most of the names you just listed are familiar to me.... maybe it's because much of their first days in IBIS were in the ZM server? Geez, some of those names can only be found in the ZM server..... (psst! i love you all!!! :p)

Mhmm, using italics, that's pretty dangerous shit there :p Some of your qualifications aren't bad Ness. But do try to understand and respect the weight that comes with the decisions reached on this application. Some people may just be offended when you say that your community isn't a life-long commitment. You seem to greatly lack dedication, trust, and it seems most of all, attitude. Your experience on how things are run around IBIS is also questionable. Your disregard of the forums is interesting in that this place, the forums, is the home of the archangel, a medium for his thundering voice and his powerful right fist. I think more than a few of us are irked by this app because your inactivity on the forums alienates you from frequenters; most of us know you in game, but what you are truly like... the community would love to know and judge by a stronger forum presence. ESPECIALLY when you're applying for the most prestigious title this community has to offer. I still believe you don't know what it takes to be in the IBIS clan. Cyber cookies for michelle, she hit some matters on the head

your words have done nothing to change this worthless opinion. A humble response to feedback would have been more appropriate. There was no need to rear back in such an ungraceful snarl. I hope you won't carry ill feelings into the playing arena; I wish you luck in your long journey to leadership

@aco, I think Michelle was referring to the part in Ness's post when he references and trashes emtro, tragedy, and dj mikey's clan apps

Carmichal
06-10-2012, 07:11 PM
@aco, I think Michelle was referring to the part in Ness's post when he references and trashes emtro, tragedy, and dj mikey's clan apps

^this didn't know it wasn't clear...

Steamer
06-10-2012, 07:15 PM
I ran multiple servers around many source engines, many many many boxes, a lot of people can do so if they dig in it deep enough, dabbled here and there in code, pretty much ran a clan, that doesn't make me or you much more qualified in an app here. Realize, Zero runs and does about everything himself and likes to keep it that way, IBIS has been around for ages and that is just one reason, so that has no merit here at all. I have even helped Clan set up there own supported side projects, helped with countless things. That has no merit on my app as far as technical "support" goes, and I never expected it to. It's about keeping things nice and fair and helping in a community you love, then just maybe, you may get recognition and actually be mentioned to be put in a higher place.

Anyway, Maynard denied you app, that pretty much means your fucked for the most part.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-10-2012, 07:16 PM
^this didn't know it wasn't clear...

:long walls of text:
-list
-of
-names
:more text:

i picked out what looked important. re-reading it all, i didn't miss much

maynard
06-10-2012, 07:27 PM
I'm not oblivious at all, maynard.

Lol yes... Yes you are. You clearly don't understand what is looked for in a clan applicant... cause if you did, you would understand you don't have a single thing we're looking for. you keep trying 2 ride the coattails of some mediocre accomplishments in the past. Clan takes the best of the best, nothing else.

But it's not me that is oblivious, it's you.

are you slow in the head or something? I'm in the clan... how in the fuck can I be oblivious 2 what the clan wants if I am in it.

NLA
06-10-2012, 08:32 PM
It baffles me how you can think that being active on the forums, and interacting with the community are of no importance.

Like I've said again and again, I'm plenty active on the forums when I have a responsibility to check in, ie. admin responsibilities. Check out my post history for proof (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/search.php?searchid=108481)!

Some how you still think that people do, remember the 'one -1 and +5'. I don't know but that screams delusional to me.
Didn't recognize that I was trying to make a joke in light of a bunch of negative feedback?

The people you mentioned who have clan apps, never got in the clan, and probably never will. So I don't understand how that is a valid response. (and I mean emtro, Mikey.)
Didn't say they got into the clan, said they thought completely unrelated information qualified them for clan.

I also find is interesting that you stole that quote from cyber, but are not living up to the words.

Quote was borrowed so I didn't have to rephrase "please give feedback if you put -1 so I know what to work on".
Can't really improve my activity around the game servers until my RMA'd 6970 comes back from Sapphire.

You have only have argued, instead of saying 'be more active, alright I can do that!' Says a lot about your character. In my experience, those who's actions don't match their words don't get much respect.
Be more active? Alright, I can do that! I thought it went without saying. But at my own pace. I'm not going to go bomb the forums now to rack up my postcount. :headache:

Maybe I am going out on a limb here
Shouldn't go out on a limb here! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jl5TQxCT4M&t=1m37s)

are you slow in the head or something? I'm in the clan... how in the fuck can I be oblivious 2 what the clan wants if I am in it.
Honestly, that last part was aimed at Steamer and SHADY V1RU5.

brett friggin favre
06-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Be more active? Alright, I can do that! I thought it went without saying. But at my own pace. I'm not going to go bomb the forums now to rack up my postcount. :headache:

10 of your 129 posts came in the last 2 days on this thread which you must've known from the start would only get scoffed at.

i say you must've known. if you didn't, then you're more retarded than i already think you are.

Steamer
06-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Honestly, that last part was aimed at Steamer and SHADY V1RU5.

Considering I'm in a place that leads me closer than you will ever be, I'm pretty sure you are very oblivious.

Good try to redeem yourself. You say his name at the start and turn it.

Good fucking luck.

NLA
06-11-2012, 12:35 AM
Considering I'm in a place that leads me closer than you will ever be, I'm pretty sure you are very oblivious.

Good try to redeem yourself. You say his name at the start and turn it.

Good fucking luck.
No, seriously, I had you two in mind when I wrote all of that up, and I just didn't bother to change it because I was tired of typing. Nice shameless self-promotion there though. :shit:

XX0wnsXY
06-11-2012, 02:40 AM
Honestly, i wouldnt post here any longer...i would let this thread fall into the abyss and hope to try again at a later date...much later date. Seeing an app with nothing but argument bumps from yourself isnt the best as far as clan apps go. Just do what people suggest and try again. You shouldnt subject yourself to this right now.

Steamer
06-11-2012, 03:40 PM
It isn't self promotion asshat, as I couldn't promote myself to it. Now putting shit all over my sig and all that dumb shit, maybe. Again, good try to redeem yourself. Anyhow, your one of the very few I enjoy arguing with. Take it how you want it.