PDA

View Full Version : Anti-ward

Suprise Butsexz
06-14-2012, 06:50 PM
Anti wards after purchasing them and then running into wards you then get the expired message as expected. Come next round though it stays in your inventory but is inactive so it doesn't work on wards from then on. You cant but another one until you over write it (because you already own one) with a different item(have to have your inventory capped at 3 to even do this)

So in summary anti ward either needs to reactivate come next round or be removed from your inventory so you can purchase another one again. However its supposed to work. (Think it used to be removed back in the day)

CYBER
06-14-2012, 08:00 PM
im pretty sure thats a bug . i noticed it too.
im sure the anti_Ward is supposed to start protecting u for like 10 secs as soon as u hit a ward, and it expires afterward.
problem is u;re right, it stays in inventory (doesnt get popped from the held_items stack) which prevents purchasing it again indeed, but the current one doesn't do shit.

current bypass when u have anti_ward, its to buy 3 other random items, overwrite anti_ward, THEN buy anti_ward again.. which is expensive as fuck...

zero can u look into that please? its somewhat of a big issue. when anti_ward expire, u should be able to buy a new one instantly no? or at least one next round... not the entire game... (i prefer instantly considering we;re kinda paying for the price, and might as well play smart to avoid ward spams .

ZERO
06-15-2012, 11:02 AM
Does it clear out if you die. Currently the way it is programed you should not be able to buy it again unless you die. If that part is not working than there is a larger issue. If that part is then I can fix it so you can buy again after use. :wtg:

CYBER
06-15-2012, 11:31 AM
Does it clear out if you die. Currently the way it is programed you should not be able to buy it again unless you die. If that part is not working than there is a larger issue. If that part is then I can fix it so you can buy again after use. :wtg:
from what i tested in my normal games, Im usually able to buy a ward after i die. THAT works :)

but as for the general concept of it, i believe the ward should disappear the moment it expires fully.
it tests the player's attention to the chat log , while being shot at, in the middle of the wards, so that they know the best time to type an antiward again before they die... and then buy other anti_wards for after that shit happened , as opposed to surviving the wards and then having to either die or overwrite the item to buy another one... or else they are left vulnerable with a useless 3rd slot taken.

+1 on having anti_ward instantly purchase-able the second it expires.

ZERO
06-15-2012, 11:57 AM
I have updated it to patch this issue. The changes will take effect next map or server restart. :wtg:

CYBER
06-15-2012, 12:48 PM
thanks bud :) gd work as usual,.i'll keep u posted if this fucks up again

maynard
06-15-2012, 03:50 PM
anti ward has always been cheap cause you get it once per round... if people can just keep buying it over and over making shadow hunters useless, the price should be raised on the item.

CYBER
06-15-2012, 04:01 PM
anti ward has always been cheap cause you get it once per round... if people can just keep buying it over and over making shadow hunters useless, the price should be raised on the item.
i just thought about it , and maynard makes a gd point... renewable 24/7 anti_wards kills shadow hunter... there should be SOME kind of limit...
actually, i would prefer if the price stays the same ( an anti_Ward is often instantly bought when u cant afford a 2400$ claw and stumble on wards).
if the price is too high, the anti_ward would be too expensive to carry specially since it's not a permanent item like the others ... its barely 10 secs, not even 15 or 20...)

im for having 1 anti_ward a ROUND/death (which ever comes first! <- thats the issue that wasnt being handled) as well, like maynard initially said.
maynard , the main issue at hand was that the anti ward wasnt once a round, it was once a death and u couldnt buy items until u die... so if u have a high kdr, the item was useless..
but the wards SHOULD be inexpensive, its a 10 second thing that counts down any time u touch a ward, even if u;re not under a ward anymore, i.e u have a total of 10 seconds , not 10 seconds of negating wards. so it should be inexpensive, but allowed to purchase again when u die OR next round, whichever comes first... well thats what i think, not that anyone gives a fuck :P

maynard
06-15-2012, 04:04 PM
you should not be able 2 use it more than once per death. if it's going 2 be made so you can, the price needs 2 go up.

CYBER
06-15-2012, 05:40 PM
you should not be able 2 use it more than once per death. if it's going 2 be made so you can, the price needs 2 go up.I see. I guess im used to associating surviving a round with a 'lifetime'. Just felt that if u survived the round, u got an accomplishment by being Able to buy anti_wards again, instead of being restricted for being a better player lol.

maynard
06-15-2012, 05:57 PM
well if you don't die and win the round you should be able 2 re purchase it the next round again if you used it.

in short.. it should work how its always worked lol.

CYBER
06-15-2012, 06:34 PM
well if you don't die and win the round you should be able 2 re purchase it the next round again if you used it.

in short.. it should work how its always worked lol.
euh NO.
currently , if u survived the round, the next round u are NOT able to buy it again. that was the whole point of the issue presented.
THAT is what its SUPPOSED to do. currently , even if u survive the round, u cant buy another one next round if it was used the round before, unless u died.
is it clear now asshole <3? :P (i love u maymay, go easy on me lol)

maynard
06-15-2012, 06:43 PM
I'm aware ya dolt. hence me saying that it should work the way it always has. which is 1 use per death/end round.

lychee
07-09-2012, 10:34 AM
Please fix this issue with anti-ward. You should be able to purchase anti-ward at the start of every round even if you survived the last round and have purchased anti-ward. Thanks.

CYBER
07-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Please fix this issue with anti-ward. You should be able to purchase anti-ward at the start of every round even if you survived the last round and have purchased anti-ward. Thanks.Last i checked ,You should be able to buy wards after they expire, once per death XOR one per round. Which ever occurs first. Isnt that already fixed? I thought it was...

maynard
07-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Please fix this issue with anti-ward. You should be able to purchase anti-ward at the start of every round even if you survived the last round and have purchased anti-ward. Thanks.

if you survived the round and didn't use it, you can't purchase it as you already would still have it.

that's how it should be set up anyway.

Spasm
07-16-2012, 10:43 PM
if you survived the round and didn't use it, you can't purchase it as you already would still have it.

that's how it should be set up anyway.

The problem is anti_ward is on a timer and when it runs out the anti_ward does nothing the next round, it's basically a wasted spot. You can't overwrite anti_ward with another one either.

maynard
07-17-2012, 01:26 AM
The problem is anti_ward is on a timer and when it runs out the anti_ward does nothing the next round, it's basically a wasted spot. You can't overwrite anti_ward with another one either.

anti ward is not designed or meant 2 be a item that if you own, wards can never do anything 2 you. it's a 1 time per use item, that triggers when a ward hits you. that's how it's always been.

StarsMine
07-17-2012, 03:25 AM
I think they are saying the item is still in your invintory but un-usable.

you have 3 slots in the backpack
| | | |
Round 1 starts buy anti ward
|AW| | |
AW becomes a Used AW some time during the round but you avoid death
round 2
|USEDAW| | |

You have 2 slots left, the AW pot is taking up space. They can not buy 3 items untill they die.

Suprise Butsexz
07-18-2012, 03:50 PM
Well that USEDAW could be overwritten with another item when you filled the other 2 spots as per normal when you fill all your slot, but basically meant you couldnt get another AW until you died because you cant overwrite an AW with an AW even if it was inactive unless you overwrote it with another item then you could buy an AW and overwrite that same item again which got real expensive.

This is all a moot point though it has been fixed and this can be closed to stop further confusion.

maynard
07-18-2012, 03:53 PM
after you use a anti ward, you should not be able 2 use that item again, or purchase another. once the round ends, if the item had been used, it would be removed from your inventory and at the start of the new round you had the spot open again.

if you take an anti ward, and use it, you're not supposed 2 get a vacant item spot that you can now purchase another item with, that slot is supposed 2 be full/in-use till the next round hits, which is when the server would manually retract it from your item list... if you had used it.

Spasm
07-18-2012, 04:47 PM
after you use a anti ward, you should not be able 2 use that item again, or purchase another. once the round ends, if the item had been used, it would be removed from your inventory and at the start of the new round you had the spot open again.

if you take an anti ward, and use it, you're not supposed 2 get a vacant item spot that you can now purchase another item with, that slot is supposed 2 be full/in-use till the next round hits, which is when the server would manually retract it from your item list... if you had used it.

Thats the problem, it doesn't remove it on the next round, it's still there and just takes up the spot

maynard
07-18-2012, 04:56 PM
knew it was fucked up, wasn't sure what the prob is, shouldn't be a big fix for zero. im sure he will look into it when he's done changing ZM ranking around.

Assassin
07-24-2012, 10:48 PM
Uh this maybe just me somehow though I doubt it....but when you buy an item after having a full inventory doesn't the game ask which item you want to get rid of in order to buy the new one? So wouldn't that work just the way it does now or does anti_ward itself just not allow this?

Spasm
07-31-2012, 02:26 AM
Uh this maybe just me somehow though I doubt it....but when you buy an item after having a full inventory doesn't the game ask which item you want to get rid of in order to buy the new one? So wouldn't that work just the way it does now or does anti_ward itself just not allow this?

yea if u got full inventory, problem is, you may want a new anti_Ward without a full inventory and you can't get it

Suprise Butsexz
08-02-2012, 02:01 PM
It currently goes away after use so you can get a new one without a full inventory atm. It doesnt go stay inactive until the end of the round then go away when the next round starts like maynard was talking about but it is much better then when i originally posted this.