PDA

View Full Version : Turn off zombie classes on certain maps or remove the maps

Meltdown
06-16-2012, 02:32 PM
Maps like ATix and 4away tunnel are classics, they used to be the most played maps ever and everyone loved them, but with these zombie classes the maps are rather crap, can't we just disable them on these maps only? these maps are so much fun if there wouldn't be zombie classes.

I could make a list of maps that might need this, but first want to hear what people think.

christopher
06-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Different zombie classes present different advantages for players on every map. Why turn it off for maps where zombies just have a greater advantage?

Assassin
06-16-2012, 06:14 PM
because the maps werent made with those classes in mind. Take atix heli for instance...was not thinking about jumpers or preds...jumpers just wait for one idiot (who always goes to the edge dont try and deny it) and then bam rd over...why play on it then?

Rezel
06-16-2012, 10:05 PM
Meltdown have you ever once put some thought into what you post on these forums, or do you just blurt them out like you've got turrets syndrome? Races to each map define really what type of place you need to go to survive it's really not that hard... If the map is that fail that you need to remove the zombie classes then it probably shouldn't be on the list...

THE HOLY SH**T!
06-16-2012, 11:42 PM
The zm is fine and presents variety. Nothing needs to be changed besides some maps being taken out + set all the ze's to no parachutes, including atix.

christopher
06-16-2012, 11:51 PM
because the maps werent made with those classes in mind. Take atix heli for instance...was not thinking about jumpers or preds...jumpers just wait for one idiot (who always goes to the edge dont try and deny it) and then bam rd over...why play on it then?

Then don't build your entire defense from zombies around the chances of someone not being tagged by a zombie. There are plenty of places to cade and hide.

It's not the fault of the map if you have piss-poor strategy.

Meltdown
06-17-2012, 03:28 AM
Then don't build your entire defense from zombies around the chances of someone not being tagged by a zombie. There are plenty of places to cade and hide.

It's not the fault of the map if you have piss-poor strategy.

It's your piss-poor brains who fails to realize that these maps cannot be played with classes, I never see human win them, and the stats speaks that too, and the stats say the truth.

@Rezel I don't give a fuck, when i see an error i will blurt it out on the forums there no such rule I cannot. Why have these maps if there totally useless.

Pl@YwithM3
06-17-2012, 05:08 AM
I could make a list of maps that might need this, but first want to hear what people think.

ok, you heard what people thought. make that list and take it to the remove map section bc honestly nothing more will come from this thread aside from another flame war

Meltdown
06-17-2012, 06:06 AM
ok, you heard what people thought. make that list and take it to the remove map section bc honestly nothing more will come from this thread aside from another flame war

I noticed, just find it such a waste that such good classic maps are going to waste like this.

B1ackOut
06-17-2012, 09:15 AM
Ibis has had these old maps with these settings for years, why should we change the settings because players dont want to adapt to the way the server runs. This may be seen as an error or something to fix to you, but to the rest of the community it is fine and is used to watching for poisons and preds. It adds more challenge to being a human rather than having zombies follow the same path over and over and over again.

Meltdown
06-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Ibis has had these old maps with these settings for years, why should we change the settings because players dont want to adapt to the way the server runs. This may be seen as an error or something to fix to you, but to the rest of the community it is fine and is used to watching for poisons and preds. It adds more challenge to being a human rather than having zombies follow the same path over and over and over again.

The old times are in the past, and if you play on the server you might have noticed. but ok fine don't change it. It's just that these days is one rape fest, and if u like to live in the fantasy that people will ever learn that's fine with me. If there would be challenge, then u will need people with brains which are hardly around.

christopher
06-17-2012, 01:19 PM
The stats say that most people have piss-poor strategy, actually. It's not that difficult to win if you have good players. I switched from poison to deformed because it was too difficult to win against humans on that map as poison without getting killed.

Chef C Green
06-17-2012, 02:37 PM
I never see human win them, and the stats speaks that too, and the stats say the truth.

...Let's start back and work through this quote...

1) Stats say the truth: HA! I think it's been mentioned in past threads that the current stats on ZMod are a JOKE. Due to the ability to manipulate what you play as (z or h) on any map, it's not so much good players on the top as players with logged hours and who have developed the best methods for certain maps. That's not to say that Wuman or Fallen can't make a worthy cade on something like Atix_Helicopter (which very much is possible...), but it makes more sense to turn zombie as soon as possible because it's a small map and easy to rake in kills before the average player can make a cade.

2) Stats speak that too: Again, just because veteran or proficient players choose to go zombie does not mean that they will get the kills. It's a simple shift of power (all good players go Z --> They tag a few humans --> zombies multiply like rabbits because no good players stayed human to fend them off).

3) I never see human(s) win them: I know you have a good deal of hours logged Meltdown, and I mean no disrespect from what you personally have witnessed, but to say that humans have NEVER won this map is just asinine... I can go here (http://www.ibisgaming.com/zm_stats/map.php?id=9) and physically SEE that humans have won 4048 (25.98%) times. Of course we also account for the fact that this map has been on stats longer than classes have been active (i think?), I personally have won this map as a human at least have a dozen times.

Meltdown, although this map is very easy for zombies (or rather easy against noob humans), it shouldn't stop proficient players from winning it. You can shoot zombies can't you? They do need to JUMP to get to the ledge don't they? You do initially START the round with more numbers? It's a challenge sure, but saying this map is un-winable either tells me you should not be in the top 10 on ZMod, or that the stats indeed show nothing correlating with actual skill anymore.

As for this thread: No, zombie classes offer a challenging diversity that builds players into STRONGER more USEFUL players for the entire server. I don't much care for ATIX_Helicopter just because it's so small, but removing it completely from the server is wrong if your only argument is "humans don't win".

Assassin
06-17-2012, 03:15 PM
Yes u can shoot zombies....but that isn't the point. Also there isn't anywhere to cade on a map when the whole map blows up...sure u can go to the bottom stair area and hope ur in a right spot b4 it blows up but it won't matter bc someone will tag u as everyone knows about that spot and u cannot cade against it. Ur points are moot and ur not even thinking. If the stats indeed say 25.% win and includes the old ones where u actually could win then again...why would someone spend there time playing on something that there going to lose 75% of the time. I don't mind a challenge....I don't mind cade maps where you can personally cade and protect urself and have to fight for it...that's fun...what isn't fun is when the map cannot compensate for something it wasn't even considering and then you get stuck on it bc you need 3/4 of the retards to rtv to get off it. FYI this is the reason I stopped playing zmod and I used to be one of the most active users on it.

T3h tyrant
06-17-2012, 03:16 PM

but it makes more sense to turn zombie as soon as possible because it's a small map and easy to rake in kills before the average player can make a cade.

Stats speak that too: Again, just because veteran or proficient players choose to go zombie does not mean that they will get the kills. It's a simple shift of power (all good players go Z --> They tag a few humans --> zombies multiply like rabbits because no good players stayed human to fend them off).

all against the rules to do.

X 1 Viper1
06-17-2012, 03:33 PM

Stupid people are stupid. Rules have never been enforced and never will be....deal with it.

T3h tyrant
06-17-2012, 03:37 PM
Stupid people are stupid. Rules have never been enforced and never will be....deal with it.

actually i do enforce the rules.:wtg:

Pl@YwithM3
06-17-2012, 04:34 PM

truth is truth., tyrant for president. all whom dissagree with the above statement gtfo

atix can hardly be considered a cade map and personally i think its stupid to try doing so. humans (are supposed to) win by climbing up to the holdout point and sit there defending as a group until the choppah arrives and they can fly to victory. but instead people do any of the following:
run from spawn having no idea what to do because theyre a noob

run away from spawn and try to hide instead of completing the objective...because theyre a noob

by some means attempt to prenuke the map for trolling sakes, because theyre a noob

intentionally get tagged at the beginning to rake in zombie kills and manipulate rank and preventing cts from ever winning... because theyre a fucking retard who should be banned

make a barricade and hold it out, which no matter how well you fight off zombies, the caders will fail because theyre not able to get to the choppah in time afterwards...because theyre noobs

run directly to the holdout point on the platform, wait for the choppah and then die doing so because there are so few of them up there BECAUSE the rest of the idiots playing are all off doing any of the above listed things instead.,

THAT is why atix map fails. its not the classes to blame, its the poor choices that ct's make from the start of the map. now putting all of this bs aside, cant you all just let this be? a clan member has already given their 2 cents on the matter and unless im mistaken, that should be more enough to say this thread is done. k?

Steamer
06-18-2012, 07:21 AM
THAT is why atix map fails. its not the classes to blame, its the poor choices that ct's make from the start of the map..

This. We use to win this map with a high % way back with all the classes that we currently have. It's just the mentality of people in the server anymore. No one works together and everything is usually fail.

Rambo :D
06-18-2012, 08:39 PM
I wonder what the average IQ of ppl on the zm server is.

Meltdown
06-19-2012, 05:06 AM
This. We use to win this map with a high % way back with all the classes that we currently have. It's just the mentality of people in the server anymore. No one works together and everything is usually fail.

100& agree

Well I'm not going to ask for remove of this map,atix and 4away tunnel are just aw some since they used to be my fav maps.

I know the map can be won ofcourse it can but you will need good group with people who know what there doing. but these days it's just really hard.

What I can do if people don't mind is that I might remove the light pole that zombies use to prenuke, saves us admins a slack of constantly being police men. and but i don;t think people would want this, that i might edit some spots make them slightly better for cading, not too much but just to give the zombies harder time.

Ps also can change the map making at a ze lol, but that is the same as disabling zm classes.

Steamer
06-19-2012, 09:03 PM
Go for it, I'll test and try it.