PDA

View Full Version : What's the verdict on bunnyhopping?

Ryukatti
06-21-2012, 01:37 AM
Well 2 things. Bunnyhopping in general as a zombie and binding "JUMP" to a scroll wheel. Both I find unfair because it makes escape maps not as fun
because.. well it's just pretty cheap. Also scroll binders are pretty unfair also because it makes knocking them back in ANY crouch spot nearly impossible
unless you have a number of people shooting at the same damn time.

Discuss?

maynard
06-21-2012, 01:38 AM
as of this current moment. Bhoping is allowed if it's done via your mouse and no actual scripts that just make it happen for you.

Pl@YwithM3
06-21-2012, 07:51 AM
as of this current moment. Bhoping is allowed if it's done via your mouse and no actual scripts that just make it happen for you.

so basically; with all the new patch updates altering the game physics + bs from players trying to gain any possible advantage thats "within our guidelines".... zmod's just not what it used to be and probably never will be again.,

.... :banghead:

CYBER
06-21-2012, 08:30 AM
bhopping takes skill to master and a FUCKTON of practice. I'm saying this from my own experience as well.
Even with the mousewheel jump, bhopping isnt as easy as it used to be, and perfecting the jump in game can be really distracting sometimes as opposed to just walking around with a gun at head level or a zombie trying to get a swift knife...

if someone is using a bhop script that automatically jumps whenever they land on the ground, getting a flawless streak of say 5+ perfect bhops with no footsteps, then these ppl are using a script.
A script is a perma bannable offence, bhopping with mousewheel isnt.

reason? script requires no skill whatsoever to gain an advantage, bhopping with wheel takes a loooootttttt of practice is only as gd as the player him/her-self. Also the normal bhopping can be easily disrupted, easily broken into a fall, doesn't go too far except if u're rly good at it...etc... so the advantage isnt the bind anymore, as much as the player... + u can always do the same thing and bind the same key when zombie... what stops u ?

note that bhopping is somewhat harder on a 100tick server than a 66 for one, and on css is hard than 1.6. so let the people who trained 3 hours a day on bhop servers in all fairness get their earnings...

binding mwheeldown to jump for me, its like someone binding their buy weapons to a button, or +attack to mousewheel. In both these cases a player can gain time advantage for buying and swarming, and can get a random/faster rapidfire that we cant get... everyone has advantage anywhere really: think of the people with unbelievably low ping, no lag, faster machines, better graphic cards, better mice, better keyboard for custom buttons, etc... and yet,these same ppl can be abused if another player knows what they're doing
we clear now?

Shadow_√II
06-21-2012, 09:28 AM
bhopping as zombies is a lot easier than humans for this server. i can bhop as a zombie but not as a human

anex
06-21-2012, 10:34 AM
Well 2 things. Bunnyhopping in general as a zombie and binding "JUMP" to a scroll wheel. Both I find unfair because it makes escape maps not as fun
because.. well it's just pretty cheap. Also scroll binders are pretty unfair also because it makes knocking them back in ANY crouch spot nearly impossible
unless you have a number of people shooting at the same damn time.

Discuss?

You do realize that 1 or 2 actual hits from any weapon stop their momentum right? Try running backwards with a pistol and shoot at the bhoppers. Many people complain about bhopping but they don't figure out how to defeat it. Also 100 rounds of a M249 will kill any zombie except the deformed. Use single shot and aim for the head. The fast and predator have the lowest health out of all the zombies and they are the ones that are used to bhop. The deformed got an increase in speed so they can bhop too, which makes them harder to hit, but practice makes perfect. On ZE maps, you can't expect that you can win easily thus making winning escape maps much for rewarding. You can't just run from A to B and expect you will be fine. Turn around a shoot. If you died, its your own god damn fault.

Regarding crouch spots, bhopping is the reason why IBIS will never limit how many people can be in a crouched area. (such as under the stage at highschool) If you have people who know what they are doing, then you will never have a problem with zombies jumping in crouched areas. Don't keep bringing up the issue that matters like this are unfair. Learn how to play with it and beat it because thats the only way that you are to get better.

As Maynard said, Bhopping with scrips are illegal. Bindings are fine.

THE HOLY SH**T!
06-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Bhopping is great for the server. It brings in good compeition for humans and it makes the game play much harder as a human. Bhoppers get by because they are either sneaky or not shot at. To stop a bhopper, just shoot them once in the head and they will go back to their normal speed. Most escape maps can easily be won by humans, it just takes a little team work and knowing how to handle any situation.

Chef C Green
06-21-2012, 07:07 PM
Going along with what Cyber was saying, bhopping (binding "Jump" to a button) is a skill that indeed takes some practice to perfect, and is a deserving advantage for those people that take the time to master it (imo). I myself played the occasional bhop server, but really I think surf maps were very helpful too (used to be what zm is to me now). Being able to get a feel for the terrain, plan out your jumps, gauging distances, and being able to actually evade human's shots is not a simple matter of "Just bind your jump to mswheeldown".

When humans lose on the ZMod server during an escape map, 99% of the time it's because most if not all humans are looking forward paying no mind to the zombies behind. In that instance, OF COURSE zombies are going to win. You can't expect IBIS server to create zombies that won't eventually overtake humans. It's the humans' objective to not only get to the end, but to SURVIVE (meaning nading, shooting, knifing those damn zombies back to the hell from which they crawled out of!). Many people have already said this, but shooting zombies (any class) in the head will indeed slow them down if not stop them dead. Deformed class can be a bit difficult now with that extra speed boost (hence why I'm usually playing it :smirk:) to stop, but I assure you head-shots do stop me.

As for crouch spots, I do feel that there is some controversy here... I've noticed that zombies (fast and predator especially) are able to hide their hitboxes in the ceiling when jumping in crouch spots, which makes them quite annoying when you're a 1-3 human group. Of course when you get to 8+ humans you'll be fine, but I get claustrophobic at that point and end up just leaving the cade anyway... I'm not THAT friendly >.>. This was addressed in another forum a while back (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/8911-Crouch-Jumping-Legit-or-Hacks?highlight=Crouch+spots) where I was questioning a player for scripting or just jumping. Although it was not scripts, a few of us discussed the possibility of changing physics to account for the missing hit-box for the head, and it would just be a mess of code probably =\. Long story short, you as a player need to find your own way to cope with this disadvantage, meaning either bring a powerful PARA with you, or stick with people you trust.

So yeah... until the rules change, bhopping is fine so long as you aren't using a script (don't even try one cus we WILL know, we WILL ban you for a month, and you will finally end up PERMA-BANNNED after you go through our "justice system" at IBIS :icon_mrgreen:).

Steamer
06-21-2012, 08:05 PM
Scrolling through a tube or vent at two humans while clipping your hitboxes is super cheap and you should just go fuck yourself. I rape them with deformed without the use of scroll, with it is just ridiculous.

Pl@YwithM3
06-21-2012, 10:35 PM
As for crouch spots, I do feel that there is some controversy here... I've noticed that zombies (fast and predator especially) are able to hide their hitboxes in the ceiling when jumping in crouch spots, which makes them quite annoying when you're a 1-3 human group. Of course when you get to 8+ humans you'll be fine, but I get claustrophobic at that point and end up just leaving the cade anyway... I'm not THAT friendly >.>

Scrolling through a tube or vent at two humans while clipping your hitboxes is super cheap and you should just go fuck yourself. I rape them with deformed without the use of scroll, with it is just ridiculous.

im just gonna like the fuck outa these two statements

B1ackOut
06-22-2012, 06:16 PM
Am I the only person that uses the spacebar anymore?

T3h tyrant
06-22-2012, 06:21 PM

Nope i always use the spacebar still :icon_mrgreen:

Chef C Green
06-23-2012, 09:52 AM
Nope i always use the spacebar still :icon_mrgreen:

ohhh, so that's why I never see you in the front of the pack with me on escape maps :smirk:? Nah haha, I give you guys credit, I could never get used to hitting a key, would rather scroll (not to mention where would I put my "Last Weapon" button :icon_mrgreen:)?

Shadow_√II
06-23-2012, 11:04 AM
i use spacebar too i do better with it than mwheel xD

Bane of Soldiers
06-23-2012, 11:39 AM
Ahahaha spam "jump" for me, I rage quit on bhop servers when I try to use the space bar DX

Meltdown
06-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Why not make a zombie class who is made for bhop or something.

Pl@YwithM3
06-24-2012, 02:38 PM

wtf..:headache:

because people can already do it anyways? we dont need to aid the ones who cant.

B1ackOut
06-24-2012, 02:58 PM

Why? People are already good enough, if players cant bhop its their fault.

Meltdown
06-28-2012, 03:19 PM
Why? People are already good enough, if players cant bhop its their fault.

I'm trying to think of a middle way, that's what I do, fair enough u guys don't like or agree to it, still fair for me to bring it up if I want too. and ps everyone can bhop valve made it too easy these days. bhop is no skill it just anther way of walking.

StarsMine
06-29-2012, 01:33 AM
Bhop easy? Fuck off, I can only go two steps. If it was easy, everyone would do it. It is very unintuitive and has a rather unnatural feel to it.

Chef C Green
07-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Bhop easy? Fuck off, I can only go two steps. If it was easy, everyone would do it. It is very unintuitive and has a rather unnatural feel to it.

+1

Gotta admit it's gotten easier, but definitely not so much that it requires no skill. Also, if we made a zclass that was BETTER than the ones we currently have (ex: increase longjump), you'd have to make the overall hitbox for the head MASSIVE and have the knockback pretty high to coponsate for the overwhelming advantages it would have for us proficient bhoppers out there. Add in the fact that we have YET to teach our players to SHOOT WHILE WALKING on escape maps, it would be too much of a shock to beginner players, therefore decreasing player activity because of the power imbalance. ...Just no, lol... least not until we work out other issues :icon_mrgreen:

Omegxkid
09-24-2012, 03:08 PM
It does take alot of time to become a good bunny hopper how ever you can tell when someone is using a Bhop scrip or is just good at BhopN and in the last 2-3 weeks we have had 2 people that have been using scrips..

Meltdown
09-25-2012, 01:38 PM
I do say make one zombie class for b-hop or remove it all togheter. this zombie hop and the hitbox out of the physics thing is pretty annoying.

CHEWBAKA
11-15-2012, 09:06 PM
If u see a zombie that can bunny hop they have low health and high knockback to begin with so just watch ur back on escape maps if ur last in line that's all I can say

B1ackOut
11-16-2012, 11:19 AM
If u see a zombie that can bunny hop they have low health and high knockback to begin with so just watch ur back on escape maps if ur last in line that's all I can say

1) All zombies can b-hop

2) Please stop necroing this thread, when a thread is dead for two months its a dead topic.

phil.™
11-16-2012, 08:18 PM
Bhopping is an art. You have to master that shit to be known for it.

I think I will bring this thread up again in 3 month if it had not been posted in again.

Meltdown
11-20-2012, 03:16 AM
Bhopping is an art. You have to master that shit to be known for it.

I think I will bring this thread up again in 3 month if it had not been posted in again.

omg wtf, on most servers it being called cheating and on this server is being called art lmao. b-hop is fucking easy jesus christ what is next is zipping ur own pants is also an art.

Rezel
11-21-2012, 11:49 AM
I'm pretty sure we've ruled this over and over as a its NOT illegal... Maynard, Anex, and I have given our verdict about bhopping None of us see anything wrong with it...

omg wtf, on most servers it being called cheating and on this server is being called art lmao. b-hop is fucking easy jesus christ what is next is zipping ur own pants is also an art.

Do we look like other servers to you? I'm pretty sure our name says IBIS not some other server.

Bhopping with scrips are illegal. Bindings are fine.
kk thx.
Closed.