PDA

View Full Version : IBIS WCS Promotional Video

brett friggin favre
06-26-2012, 04:59 PM
So here it is. Share it with your friends!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efh5MH2lxV8

HypeRNT
06-27-2012, 12:01 PM
awwww, all from admins match:(

but nice edit overall

brett friggin favre
06-27-2012, 02:29 PM
awwww, all from admins match:(

but nice edit overall

Yeah all the demos I had were from that one. The next scrim will be more mixed, should be fun and maybe I could do another one. Hard to mix down so much play into a few minutes though lol

maynard
06-27-2012, 04:09 PM
use a longer song. and focus more on epic shots, not epic shot sequences. that way you're not using like 20 second long clips all the time.

I would also suggest not moving the camera around so much when you're in a corner watching shit go down. when every 1 is already in the frame, there's no reason 2 move it. looks better when its not moving imo.

good job though.

brett friggin favre
06-27-2012, 06:21 PM
use a longer song. and focus more on epic shots, not epic shot sequences. that way you're not using like 20 second long clips all the time.

I would also suggest not moving the camera around so much when you're in a corner watching shit go down. when every 1 is already in the frame, there's no reason 2 move it. looks better when its not moving imo.

good job though.

thanks for the feedback. about the longer clips, for a pub/gg video you'd be right. but i was trying to capture the effects and strategy that wcs offers, rather than just nice shots. there's more to wcs than just cs...that's why there's a w :P but i get what you mean and i'll work some of that in to the next video.

Steamer
06-27-2012, 07:06 PM
Something when the bass hits, slow it down to some epic scouted vaga shots or some bad ass deagle shots, slow mo that shit, fade it in cross video'd and let the bass hit hard on impact.

brett friggin favre
06-27-2012, 09:52 PM
I'm getting an idea of what you guys want. You'll get it. It will have plenty of cowbell and i'm thinking a Christopher Walken cameo. What I'll need is this: whoever happens to be watching the matches next time, jot down whenever you see something awesome that you think might be video-worthy. Note the player, map, score, and any server crashes from that map prior to that point if any. That way I can find clips much more easily, and better ones too.

XX0wnsXY
06-28-2012, 11:43 PM
Flickering and flashing scenes would be cool. Like when something epic happens..you should do what steamer said about the bass and shot adding up and feeling all that more epic.

Since it's a WCS promotional video, a cool idea would be to hightlight the ultimates more. Such as, when the athena freezes, if you could somehow highlight the beem it makes and show just how cool each race can be. That would be likely to be more promotional than epic shots, which can happen in PUB or anywhere else.

Erdenay
07-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Flickering and flashing scenes would be cool. Like when something epic happens..you should do what steamer said about the bass and shot adding up and feeling all that more epic.

Since it's a WCS promotional video, a cool idea would be to hightlight the ultimates more. Such as, when the athena freezes, if you could somehow highlight the beem it makes and show just how cool each race can be. That would be likely to be more promotional than epic shots, which can happen in PUB or anywhere else.

This. The video is just fine and since this is supposed to be a promotional video, I think that it should focus LESS on any type of kills and more so and various ultimates, abilities and etc. Definitely leave the vaga stuff and things like that with nice sequences, but I honestly think that Brett was on to something here - it's more important to show HOW wcs is UNIQUE and INTERESTING rather that someone can play CSS with some mod really well...

My 2 cents.