PDA

View Full Version : Fate/zero

ZERO
06-27-2012, 06:32 PM
Mind=blown

For those that have not, watch Fate/Stay Night first.

Steamer
06-27-2012, 06:46 PM
I thought this was like a thread about the fate of the server and your standing, was a bit nervous to read it at first... :icon_mrgreen:

Edit: And then I realized it was in the anime section and felt a bit stupid. XD

acolyte_to_jippity
06-27-2012, 07:10 PM
Mind=blown

For those that have not, watch Fate/Stay Night first.

where can i get ZERO? i LOVED fate/stay night. i even found an english version of the VN to grab (it's on my to-play list)

DJ_MikeyRevile
06-27-2012, 07:36 PM
yes,a link for Fate/ZERo would be nice, just watched fate/stay night a couple weeks ago.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-27-2012, 07:45 PM
never mind. baka. and freeleech!

DJ_MikeyRevile
06-27-2012, 08:15 PM
never mind. baka. and freeleech!

10 years prior hmmm.

DLing now!

Bane of Soldiers
06-27-2012, 08:55 PM
Yes, anyone who hasn't watched Fate/Zero but has seen Fate/Stay Night, they MUST WATCH FATE/ZERO NOW.

Fate/Zero was stalled airing halfway through its run last fall and resumed airing in April because they said they were working on the quality of the battles/scenes for the last half season. And I must say that they have not gone back on that promise.

High quality battles featuring some of the grandest heroes in history.
Quality scenes far superior to anything in Fate/Stay Night and Kara no Kyoukai (as much as I've seen of it so far anyway)
Their Masters are about as spectacular as the Heroic Spirits themselves.
If not faced against each other (this goes for both the Servants and the Masters), most of the contestants would have easily won the Holy Grail IMO.
The ending = amazing!
Spectacular music. First opening features LiSA (the singer behind Yui from Angel Beats!) and the second opening features Kalafina (Puella Magi Madoka Magica ED and the Kara no Kyoukai movies). The endings come from rather unknown artists, but the quality of the EDs do not fall short against the more celebrated singers of the OPs. Also, ep 17 and 18 (I think) features a special ED from Kalafina.

But yeah, watch or read Fate/Stay Night first. Set 10 years back or not, watching F/SN first compliments the Fate/Zero experience (especially the last episode) much more nicely.

ZERO
06-28-2012, 12:33 AM
where can i get ZERO? i LOVED fate/stay night. i even found an english version of the VN to grab (it's on my to-play list)

The only place to get anything from any of the Fate Series is UTW. They exist for the sole purpose of translating that series correctly. There is no one on earth that cares more about the Fate series than UTW.

DJ_MikeyRevile
07-01-2012, 06:28 PM
quick question, so i understand tht fate/zero is about the HGW that was prior to the one shown in Fate/stay night but if they are not supposed to happen tell every 60 years, how did the one in fate/stay night come so quickly?

finished the first episode! Glad to of seen some familiar characters so soon.

Bane of Soldiers
07-01-2012, 06:47 PM
I don't remember if it was noted in the anime adaption since it was one of my first shows + it was last October, but the VN shows that the characters themselves find it odd that the next Holy Grail War in Fate/Stay Night started only 10, and not 60, years after the war shown in Fate/Zero.

I removed most of the spoilers (it would only be spoiler material if you hadn't watched Fate/Stay Night) but I left in some content that I feel no one would ever figure out by just watching the animes and have no prior knowledge of the Type-Moon franchise's universes. Like stuff that I didn't even know lol. This is from the Type Moon Wiki:

A cycle of 60 years is needed for the Great Grail to amass enough mana to summon the Servants. The time period between the fourth and fifth wars was the shortest - 10 years.

The participants are 7 Masters and their Servants. It appears as a battle royal that lasts until only one stands, but the real point is to fill the vessel of the Grail with the souls of the Servants. Defeated Servants turn back to being pure energy and should disappear from the timeline they are incarnated into, but the function Grail is to stop that temporarily and collect them

It is suggested that the inconclusive termination of the 4th War -- the great Fuyuki fire-- resulted in the premature occurrence of the subsequent War in Fate/Stay Night. More specifically, the unexpended thaumaturgical energy accumulated through the elimination of Servants was recycled, permitting the Great Grail to reach the required threshold to launch the 5th War a mere decade later.

Which reminds me that we should get one of those "spoiler" tags like some other forums do. Please ZERO? :D lol :3

DJ_MikeyRevile
07-01-2012, 06:50 PM
I don't remember if it was noted in the anime adaption since it was one of my first shows + it was last October, but the VN shows that the characters themselves find it odd that the next Holy Grail War in Fate/Stay Night started only 10, and not 60, years after the war shown in Fate/Zero.

I removed most of the spoilers (it would only be spoiler material if you hadn't watched Fate/Stay Night) but I left in some content that I feel no one would ever figure out by just watching the animes and have no prior knowledge of the Type-Moon franchise's universes. Like stuff that I didn't even know lol. This is from the Type Moon Wiki:

Which reminds me that we should get one of those "spoiler" tags like some other forums do. Please ZERO? :D lol :3

yes spolier tabs :D

id like to think that Fate/stay nights early summonings were a result of masters forcing the summoning process? maybe? hmmmmm
oh well, ill keep watching.

ZERO
07-03-2012, 03:15 PM
No think of what occured at the last ep of fate/zero everything is explained.

The key is it all comes down to mana once the grail has enough it then activates.

DJ_MikeyRevile
07-03-2012, 08:06 PM
No think of what occured at the last ep of fate/zero everything is explained.

The key is it all comes down to mana once the grail has enough it then activates.

Which could be an explanation as to why it came early.

"""SPOILER"""

There being a "servant" around after the grail wars that time with a master who longs to summon, it makes sense that it comes early. Even more sense when you add what caster was doing in fate/stay night. This is one of those series i wish went on forever, 124145 seasons long.

all done here, off to watch a "talked about" anime, Spice and wolf.