PDA

View Full Version : ZMod Rank Balancing

Chef C Green
07-03-2012, 12:25 PM
This is more directed towards ZERO and clan based on the recent updates to the GG server stats (just didn't want to post in that thread as it's off topic :headache:). Has there been any discussion about balancing ranking system in ZMod to include Bonus Points from Escape maps as potential skill points? I'm sure it's been brought up at some point, but this would make escape maps more enjoyable for the general public if there was some "reward" for winning an escape map right?

I don't know how bad the coding may be for something like this, but potentially we could go through the escape maps (there aren't nearly as many as the cades, approx. 20-25?) and determine whether they are more balanced towards Z or Humans, and give more points for the more challenging side? Just a thought? Everyone's opinion/comments are well received :icon_mrgreen:.

ZERO
07-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Here is what we could do. It could be possible for me to program a mod that at the start of the map looks at the win ratio for that given map. There is then an acievement called beating the odds. This achievement is triggered for each plaer that beats the odds at the end of the round once for every %5 difference. This way more points can be awarded based on how much they are really beating the odds by.

What do you all think?

Steamer
07-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Remove zspawn. Make them sit a round like the old days, no coming out from spec, that will bring a much improved balance and remove most of the ghosting problem.

Not a good Idea for rank IMO, there are many a maps that this will and can be whored on.

Bonus on escape maps for surviving humans, less points for tags as zombie.

Ever since zspawn was introduced a couple years ago, the "rank competition" went in the shitter. Being an active ZM player before and after, this is truth, I'm sure others would agree.

Chef C Green
07-03-2012, 06:29 PM
If it's looking up the win ratio for each escape map and gives varying points (ex: if map A has 95% chance while map B has 50% chance, beating odds from map A would have a slight additional points earned than from B?), It could work? I really like the achievement mod, but agree that it can be abused as Steamer mentioned, so the points overall shouldn't be too high. I don't know what values players would be earning?

Also, totally agree about the zspawn, but can it be inhibited after zombies spawn (or "x" amount of time longer than 2 seconds)? I go spec and rejoin every round depending on if I wanna play with a CT or T weapon =x? Agree though that it would stop all those late joiners looking for where people are going and escape map "rankwhoring" (it's a rule, but admins aren't always in servers too).

Steamer
07-04-2012, 03:11 PM
I don't care about any alternative to Zspawn, removing it alone would bring a huge balance to the rankings, and probably the most noticeable. This is a cold hard fact. It has deteriorated the server in more than one way. I have no other opinion besides removing it entirely. We had teamwork in the begging, our way around that, buy your buddy a weapon, there are plenty of funds for it, we even had dualie scripts to spam a few and drop at round start to give our brothers some nice sides on CT.

anex
07-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Remove zspawn. Make them sit a round like the old days, no coming out from spec, that will bring a much improved balance and remove most of the ghosting problem.

Not a good Idea for rank IMO, there are many a maps that this will and can be whored on.

Bonus on escape maps for surviving humans, less points for tags as zombie.

Ever since zspawn was introduced a couple years ago, the "rank competition" went in the shitter. Being an active ZM player before and after, this is truth, I'm sure others would agree.

This! +1 Remove zspawn, less rank points to tags and bonus points for surviving ze maps.

THE HOLY SH**T!
07-05-2012, 12:01 AM
I don't care about any alternative to Zspawn, removing it alone would bring a huge balance to the rankings, and probably the most noticeable. This is a cold hard fact. It has deteriorated the server in more than one way. I have no other opinion besides removing it entirely. We had teamwork in the begging, our way around that, buy your buddy a weapon, there are plenty of funds for it, we even had dualie scripts to spam a few and drop at round start to give our brothers some nice sides on CT.

I agree 100% too many players go around this; make players wait for the next round.

As for the mod, it could work. I could see certain maps being played more frequently then others.

StarsMine
07-05-2012, 01:55 AM
I like zspawn though D:
I dont care to join a game, and wait 20 minutes just to play. I join and want to play. And if I die early on, im going to afk instead of waiting 15 min twiddling my thumbs waiing for the round to end. I may come back 1 or 2 minutes after the game starts so I would like to play instead of waiting another 15 min for the next round.

Chef C Green
07-05-2012, 12:09 PM
We had teamwork in the begging, our way around that, buy your buddy a weapon, there are plenty of funds for it, we even had dualie scripts to spam a few and drop at round start to give our brothers some nice sides on CT.

That'd work, all for removal of the zspawn in this case.

I like zspawn though D:
I dont care to join a game, and wait 20 minutes just to play. I join and want to play. And if I die early on, im going to afk instead of waiting 15 min twiddling my thumbs waiing for the round to end. I may come back 1 or 2 minutes after the game starts so I would like to play instead of waiting another 15 min for the next round.

Playing right when you enter the server is definitely preferred, but honestly I end up waiting for the next round anyway with all the "rankwhoring" scare we have going on (don't wanna spawn as a Z and get questioned for playing well =\). But yeah, sitting out just means you get to see who's on, say hi to people, and start conversing with the regs. The rounds only take 3-5 minutes for most cade maps, and 8-10 minutes MAX for an escape map. Realistically though you'll probably only be waiting about 2-5 minutes on average w/o zspawn so not too much of a drawback IMO :huh:.

Steamer
07-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Any old old player would agree to remove it entirely. We remember how the ZM was at one time, we would also like it back that way.

StarsMine
07-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Yes I remeber the old times, that had more to do with the people then zspawn.

CYBER
07-06-2012, 04:43 AM
sad to say that when i first joined ibis, it was by pure luck because i just happened to discover my first zmod server here...

now shit went downhill and i cant remember the last time i played zmod... although i see where starsmine stands on this, i personally hated zmod for taking forever to play again if i died early, but i guess it's a price to learn how to play and survive!

im also for the removal of that fucking zspawn, less ghosting, less problems with people rank whoring by playing only as zombie, etc...

+1 for the achievement idea suggested.

another "mod" that I have thought of before but never discussed was a plugin that allows players to vote for a leader.
much like voting for a map, players can nominate themselves for leadership, and other players can vote for one of those candidates once every x rounds, and the majority of the votes kicks in, selecting 1 or 2 Humans as the top 1-2 recommended candidates to LEAD the humans into safety, heck u might change the leader's skin color for all i care.

the idea is that, people that chose to follow this leader will bunk with him/her, or run at their side, and follow every command that leader said in order to survive the round, specially for cade maps where cades are hard for humans to control, and where u need people alternating shooting and directions etc...

if you really wanna go nuts, if a player that offered his services, got majority of votes, IF that leader was alive when humans win the round, he gets +x points achievement for leadership, if he dies or if zombies win, he gets nthn. people that voted for that leader get +1 points if he gets points. (this is to prevent people from intentionally fucking up a leader's cade, bcos they would lose potential points too)
this will encourage people to work together, know their co-players, and stop being idiots and take the game in their own hands.

thoughts?

Chef C Green
07-06-2012, 11:24 AM
another "mod" that I have thought of before but never discussed was a plugin that allows players to vote for a leader.
much like voting for a map, players can nominate themselves for leadership, and other players can vote for one of those candidates once every x rounds, and the majority of the votes kicks in, selecting 1 or 2 Humans as the top 1-2 recommended candidates to LEAD the humans into safety, heck u might change the leader's skin color for all i care.

the idea is that, people that chose to follow this leader will bunk with him/her, or run at their side, and follow every command that leader said in order to survive the round, specially for cade maps where cades are hard for humans to control, and where u need people alternating shooting and directions etc...

if you really wanna go nuts, if a player that offered his services, got majority of votes, IF that leader was alive when humans win the round, he gets +x points achievement for leadership, if he dies or if zombies win, he gets nthn. people that voted for that leader get +1 points if he gets points. (this is to prevent people from intentionally fucking up a leader's cade, bcos they would lose potential points too)
this will encourage people to work together, know their co-players, and stop being idiots and take the game in their own hands.

thoughts?

I like the potential for regs to work together in this aspect for more points (and again build back that teamwork Zmod has long done without). However, new players will probably not get it and end up voting for whatever.

Cadebreaking may be less likely amongst the regs that know what the vote means (no points if they cadebreak), but the new people will just follow the leader/group of people to a cade, and "try" to help, which could end very badly. This may also pose a problem for things like tubes/crouchspots/places where there are only a max amount of people able to fit before it works against the humans' favor. Also, the spawn of the zombies would need to be modified to implicate this mod. If your group is the unlucky one that has zombies spawning in your cade, the majority of people are going to tag the group because they get points for it, PLUS it inhibits other players from gettting points. I almost feel it would be unfair to the elected leaders because of such a situation :headache:.

I don't know how everyone feels about this, but what if we were to pair this with a MOD that forces spawning zombies to !ztele. I'm always offended when players decide to turn when they spawn zombie in a cade they don't even build :icon_cry:, and is why I ALWAYS !ztele when I spawn Z. This would give humans a little extra time to effectively build up a cade/get distance on escape maps that don't already have the automatic ztele.

Oasis
07-08-2012, 11:53 AM
-1 to zspawn!

Bane of Soldiers
07-08-2012, 12:30 PM
I hope to say farewell to zspawn as well...

Pl@YwithM3
07-08-2012, 01:44 PM
This! +1 Remove zspawn.

ive been pressing this single point on you for god knows how many months now :banghead: not to mention everything else that id submitted to you in that list a long while back. wheres that at anyho?

Steamer
07-08-2012, 04:05 PM
ive been pressing this single point on you for god knows how many months now :banghead: not to mention everything else that id submitted to you in that list a long while back. wheres that at anyho?

But only I really count. >.>

StarsMine
07-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Damn you all. I love zspwan. The few times I play zmod I use it, it also is great for showing zmod off to other people. Jump right into the action. I could not care less about rank in zombie mod, so rank manipulation just looks stupid to me, but not a big problem. Zmod is a cooperative game more then a competitive game.

Pl@YwithM3
07-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Zmod is a cooperative game more then a competitive game.
ya, if only the other fuck-ton of ppl in that server would grasp this concept

steamer... GAHH :headache:

Meltdown
07-10-2012, 03:45 AM
ya, if only the other fuck-ton of ppl in that server would grasp this concept

steamer... GAHH :headache:

The whole reason I gained rank was to blow the rank whore's who thought ranking would made them a god, well I think me and some others proofed otherwise, the whole top 10 incl me is nothing but newbs for some exceptions there. I don't cuont myself as a good zombie player, I'm decent that's all, and being in the top 10 shows it doesn't mean shit at all.

Pl@YwithM3
07-10-2012, 04:57 AM
the whole top 10 incl me is nothing but newbs for some exceptions there

fallen - not a noob
venomous - can be a tool, but NOT a noob
holyshit - no comment
tyrant - not a noob
wuman - not a noob
roflolmao - older player not a noob
melt - you
bob - not a noob
tacopaco - likes to fck around, not a noob
kenneth - raging belgium

ya, way to just fucking insult a ton of great players.

The whole reason I gained rank was to blow the rank whore's who thought ranking would made them a god, well I think me and some others proofed otherwise

what others, and what does any of this have to do with anything?

Meltdown
07-10-2012, 05:21 AM
fallen - not a noob
venomous - can be a tool, but NOT a noob
holyshit - no comment
tyrant - not a noob
wuman - not a noob
roflolmao - older player not a noob
melt - you
bob - not a noob
tacopaco - likes to fck around, not a noob
kenneth - raging belgium

ya, way to just fucking insult a ton of great players.

what others, and what does any of this have to do with anything?

Speaking my mind is something else then insulting, and tbh if they cannot handle it then it is there problem not mine. U know as I do that with certain play style u can get easily skill, maybe not any more but used to be. I'm not into butt crawling like most do with kissing there asses and say how good they are when there not.

Well there was a time when crish still played, people thought that if ur higher ranked ur much and much better then anybody else, so I said that doesn't necessary has to be, and I'm right, ranking doesn't mean a thing. U know I'm always right. and deep down everyone knows it although admitting it is the second thing.

Pl@YwithM3
07-10-2012, 05:51 AM
Speaking my mind is something else then insulting, and tbh if they cannot handle it then it is there problem not mine. U know as I do that with certain play style u can get easily skill, maybe not any more but used to be. I'm not into butt crawling like most do with kissing there asses and say how good they are when there not.

Well there was a time when crish still played, people thought that if ur higher ranked ur much and much better then anybody else, so I said that doesn't necessary has to be, and I'm right, ranking doesn't mean a thing. U know I'm always right. and deep down everyone knows it although admitting it is the second thing.

right, speaking your mind. just because you dont like someone doesnt make them a noob. there are several playstyles people use to gain rank yes, and of the 10 on that list, you and holyshit are the only ones gaining abnormal amounts of skill points in such short time periods. (both of your stats bluntly prove it) everyone else on that list belongs there. and none of them go around playing god either so dont put words in their mouths.

no idea who "crish" is so i dont know if its someone from ibis's past or your imagination.

what i DO know is that im adding your last sentence to my sig because its just too fucking hillarious

B1ackOut
07-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Being in the top 10 shows it doesn't mean shit at all.

This. (to a sense, our top 10 is pretty damn good) Rank means fuck all imo, its a way to shake your e-dick around on a cooperative game mod. Everyone who has played zm at all knows it is easy to abuse the rank system. simply chose cheap locations and not play maps you suck at and bam, instant rank achievement. With more ze survival ranking hopefully the cooperative part of zm with come out more.

Chef C Green
07-10-2012, 06:04 PM
With more ze survival ranking hopefully the cooperative part of zm with come out more.

Bout the only worthwhile thing said in the past few posts.... enough picking fights and calling out names. Put up some suggestions to make the server better or GTFO.

Steamer
07-10-2012, 07:39 PM
No one tops pooter.

More points for ZE wins, Less for tags on ZE.

Remove Zspawn.

/win

Pl@YwithM3
07-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Bout the only worthwhile thing said in the past few posts.... enough picking fights and calling out names. Put up some suggestions to make the server better or GTFO.

forgive me for defending a few of the handful of decent people actually left in zmod from a biased opinion. itl never happen again,. and since all of the suggestions ive ever come up with to better that server were submitted and discussed personally with anex and or rezel, (near all of which were liked and aproved by both of them) and have never been implimented, ill chose to just "GTFO".,

THE HOLY SH**T!
07-10-2012, 09:35 PM
right, speaking your mind. just because you dont like someone doesnt make them a noob. there are several playstyles people use to gain rank yes, and of the 10 on that list, you and holyshit are the only ones gaining abnormal amounts of skill points in such short time periods. (both of your stats bluntly prove it) everyone else on that list belongs there. and none of them go around playing god either so dont put words in their mouths.

My stats rise so quickly because I will play 99 percent of the maps no matter what. Unlike most players in the top 10 who will only play certain maps + join at certain times or sit in spectate. I'll find ways to live, kill any zombies that I have too, or kill anyone if I turn into a zombie. The stats truely don't represent the best because their is a difference in playing cade maps ( easier for humans to live + get zombie kills ) then it is for an escape. The best players are the ones who can survive any situation, at any given time. ZE offers the best variety's of zombie scenerios that this game could possibly offer, which require's teamwork + general knowledge of survial + precise shooting ( bhopers and such ). I don't like to get cocky, I have yet to see anyone truely domminate in this aspect of game-play. Anex is one of the few players who has a great understanding of this, which is why he is the person I think gives me the biggest challange on the zombie server as a human and as a zombie. Not to lie, people sneak around and can get me while im not paying attention or just do something while playing; which happens to all of us.

inthebutt
07-10-2012, 11:41 PM
My stats rise so quickly because I will play 99 percent of the maps no matter what. Unlike most players in the top 10 who will only play certain maps + join at certain times or sit in spectate. I'll find ways to live, kill any zombies that I have too, or kill anyone if I turn into a zombie. The stats truely don't represent the best because their is a difference in playing cade maps ( easier for humans to live + get zombie kills ) then it is for an escape. The best players are the ones who can survive any situation, at any given time. ZE offers the best variety's of zombie scenerios that this game could possibly offer, which require's teamwork + general knowledge of survial + precise shooting ( bhopers and such ). I don't like to get cocky, I have yet to see anyone truely domminate in this aspect of game-play. Anex is one of the few players who has a great understanding of this, which is why he is the person I think gives me the biggest challange on the zombie server as a human and as a zombie. Not to lie, people sneak around and can get me while im not paying attention or just do something while playing; which happens to all of us.shut up brad.

StarsMine
07-11-2012, 01:04 AM
What would get back some players is fix the mic in game
It is ve_y d_cult t_ talk to p_le wh_n half your damn syllables are missing due to server lag

THE HOLY SH**T!
07-11-2012, 02:37 AM
shut up brad.

Get your ape ass in game so I can kill you. Until then, I miss you.

inthebutt
07-11-2012, 01:39 PM
Get your ape ass in game so I can kill you. Until then, I miss you.

I miss you too and I hope you've been gagging on a fat black cock in ZM!!

Rezel
07-11-2012, 01:41 PM
It sounds like we need to start getting a list of things for the server that we would like to change and or modify. I myself like this idea of removing the Z spawn though I would like to take it a bit further. As it stands we are dealing with a lot of issues, and having to ban for a lot of annoying issues such as the rank system. In the past none of us really cared about the ranked by the amount of hours you played. Because of this system there was more a sense of teamwork which made the server fun, we weren't worried about how many points we gained or what our number was more than who could get the most kills or who could do the craziest thing and actually get through a round. However now that valve has changed the way names are set we can no longer utilize this system and now I think our current setup is just making it degrade rapidly. As there really is no solution this issue right now, I am curious to see what others think about this too. This is not a deceleration of change but what do people want to see I'm glad that your throwing up good ideas for work around.

XX0wnsXY
07-11-2012, 01:45 PM
It sounds like we need to start getting a list of things for the server that we would like to change and or modify. I myself like this idea of removing the Z spawn though I would like to take it a bit further. As it stands we are dealing with a lot of issues, and having to ban for a lot of annoying issues such as the rank system. In the past none of us really cared about the ranked by the amount of hours you played. Because of this system there was more a sense of teamwork which made the server fun, we weren't worried about how many points we gained or what our number was more than who could get the most kills or who could do the craziest thing and actually get through a round. However now that valve has changed the way names are set we can no longer utilize this system and now I think our current setup is just making it degrade rapidly. As there really is no solution this issue right now, I am curious to see what others think about this too. This is not a deceleration of change but what do people want to see I'm glad that your throwing up good ideas for work around.

Change would be good. I used to play ZM on IBIS and loved it, but now I can't stand it for some reason. Any improvement would be a good step to get my ass back in there. As someone once said "The Ghetto of Ibis".

ZERO
07-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Actually I got an idea how about this:

When a player first joins the screen is blacked out and they get a prompt saying join game or join spec. If they select spec they will get to see but will not be able to use zspawn. If they select join game they will automatically zspawn.

I think that would solve all the problems.

CYBER
07-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Actually I got an idea how about this:When a player first joins the screen is blacked out and they get a prompt saying join game or join spec. If they select spec they will get to see but will not be able to use zspawn. If they select join game they will automatically zspawn. I think that would solve all the problems.So anyone who goes spec (whether from join, or mid game) cant use zspawn any ore and has to wait till next round to join normally as a human?

Steamer
07-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Actually I got an idea how about this:

When a player first joins the screen is blacked out and they get a prompt saying join game or join spec. If they select spec they will get to see but will not be able to use zspawn. If they select join game they will automatically zspawn.

I think that would solve all the problems.

That is a great option if removing it is out of the question. I just hope it doesn't add any more lag, it is ridiculous in there as it is. The client voice issue would be a huge improvement if its fixed. I see many people leaving after they get it. Telling a player that they have to continuously reconnect and wait the timer just makes the notion of a crappy server, which it isn't at all.

Yes Cyber.

ZERO
07-11-2012, 07:56 PM
The client voice issue is a client side issue which is why reconnecting fixes it. This is a problem from valve.

Now as for the plugin. Basically the over programing of ZR makes it impossible for a 3rd party plugin to spawn in clients. All spawning is blocked if zspawn is turned off. I also tried to block the zspawn command and that did not work. I tried to add cheat flags to it and that does not work.

Currently the only way I know WILL work if if a player is in spec and ties to join a team I can force them to reconnect which will then prevent them from being able to zspawn for that round.

Steamer
07-11-2012, 08:36 PM
Why is this the ONLY server the loss/choke issue client side bug happens in? It only ever happens in ZMOD, nothing else.

ZERO
07-11-2012, 11:37 PM
OK program finished and released :wtg:

T3h tyrant
07-11-2012, 11:53 PM
When in spec the screen is pure black and all you can see is the chat atm.

StarsMine
07-12-2012, 01:33 AM
Why is this the ONLY server the loss/choke issue client side bug happens in? It only ever happens in ZMOD, nothing else.
yea that really confuses me, and the problem is one reason i cant stand zmod

ZERO
07-12-2012, 02:16 AM
fixed :wtg:

Meltdown
07-12-2012, 03:06 AM
U know, when I ask for change I get flamed to keep my fucking hands of zombie mod and things should stay the way they are, and in the end it still get changed and everyone is happy with it. lol u guys confuse me. Anyway I'm happy for this change:wtg:

I'm jerk I know but sometimes to proof my point the only way to get trough is to be a fucking jerk, I don't look down on people but I'm realistic and sometimes I wish more people would be little more realistic and things needs to change instead of keeping on nostalgics or whatever. Time changes the server changes, they player base changes. U will never get those good old times back. Just accept it.

ZERO
07-12-2012, 03:45 AM
The issues with the ZM server are very similar to the WCS server. The changes to OB have created major issues on both of these servers and trying to restore gameplay is very difficult. Luckily thanks to the knowledge I have gained programming for the WCS server I am able to now go and better address the issues of the ZM server. In fact the code for this will help make some improvements back on the wcs server no spec cash so that I can let players just joining get money from the first round instead of forcing them to 800.

These things take a lot of time though. It was about 10 hours worth of programing to get this mod to work right. As with all new programs I make this one also included many first time strategies. This is the only program I have made that uses keyvalues. This is something that will likely be incorporated into WCS races in the future to allow "safer" tracking of data. I still do not really understand how these things work but I do know it works like a database stored in memory.

Meltdown
07-12-2012, 03:51 AM
The issues with the ZM server are very similar to the WCS server. The changes to OB have created major issues on both of these servers and trying to restore gameplay is very difficult. Luckily thanks to the knowledge I have gained programming for the WCS server I am able to now go and better address the issues of the ZM server. In fact the code for this will help make some improvements back on the wcs server no spec cash so that I can let players just joining get money from the first round instead of forcing them to 800.

These things take a lot of time though. It was about 10 hours worth of programing to get this mod to work right. As with all new programs I make this one also included many first time strategies. This is the only program I have made that uses keyvalues. This is something that will likely be incorporated into WCS races in the future to allow "safer" tracking of data. I still do not really understand how these things work but I do know it works like a database stored in memory.

We should be thankful we got someone who is willing to spend his personal time on this, I really and I think more appreciate it that you do. Sometimes I get the felling people underestimate how difficult it really is to maintenance a good and healthy server/website/clan. Thanks zero this is a step towards more fun and good times again.

ZERO
07-12-2012, 04:00 AM
In the next few days a major change will be made to knockback. It was originally programmed to make things more manageable but it is clear from the code it is a clusterfuck. I will be updating the code so that knockback will work as it did in the original ZM.

Meltdown
07-12-2012, 05:30 AM
Nice zero,

@ pl@y, I understand your point btw, and I don't claim myself as uber player, but that's the whole point. I'm not the one who should say I'm good. Other people have to recognize it. and not me, myself and I and my stupid rank, What I see is people claiming there god or uber or whatever trough there rank. You gain respect only if people give it and same goes out for being good or bad. People will recognize it if your good or not. the rank will not do it for you. Only noobs will believe ur good because ur rank no ???

Chef C Green
07-12-2012, 11:47 AM
In the next few days a major change will be made to knockback. It was originally programmed to make things more manageable but it is clear from the code it is a clusterfuck. I will be updating the code so that knockback will work as it did in the original ZM.

+1 (Though i don't really remember what the old zm knockback was like >.<)

I'm assuming this is gonna fix (hopefully) the issue with hitboxes vanishing into the ceiling when players are bhopping in crouch spots to hide them from humans? More knockback for body shots?

Pl@YwithM3
07-12-2012, 01:27 PM
+1 (Though i don't really remember what the old zm knockback was like >.<)

I'm assuming this is gonna fix (hopefully) the issue with hitboxes vanishing into the ceiling when players are bhopping in crouch spots to hide them from humans? More knockback for body shots?

i suggested to rezel yesterday that we should increase the knockback of zombies for just when theyre rapidly crouch jumping. that would help a ton imo

ZERO
07-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Yes body shots is correct. Currently the default game only gives them for HS so I made a mod a long time ago to give them to body shots but it does not work very well and also stacks on HS. I will be making a new one from scratch.

T3h tyrant
07-12-2012, 01:45 PM
So were getting back the old deformed?!?!?

ZERO
07-12-2012, 02:54 PM
What was the difference?

T3h tyrant
07-12-2012, 03:53 PM
the old deform was very strong and everyone feared it because it had hardly any knockback. Now its just useless because of how slow it is plus theres more knockback then before.

Chef C Green
07-12-2012, 05:12 PM
the old deform was very strong and everyone feared it because it had hardly any knockback. Now its just useless because of how slow it is plus theres more knockback then before.

Old deformed did rape... quite hard too if i remember haha. I kinda don't mind where we're at with the deformed to be honest. It's not as good at getting in to crouch spots alone (unless you're starter with the 13k hp), but it can be a great way to start off a Z-train into a tube or something (once you get the first 2-3 zombies behind ya, ztele and save yourself for another cade). The speed is slow for sure on the cade maps but when bhopping through escapes it makes good time compared with other classes. Slight increase on the speed for cade maps would be nice just to get around the map though =\.

On a side note, this class is EXTREMELY slow in the vents, dunno if that could be bumped up separately from when not crouching? or that may be a valve limitation?

T3h tyrant
07-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Old deformed did rape... quite hard too if i remember haha. I kinda don't mind where we're at with the deformed to be honest. It's not as good at getting in to crouch spots alone (unless you're starter with the 13k hp), but it can be a great way to start off a Z-train into a tube or something (once you get the first 2-3 zombies behind ya, ztele and save yourself for another cade). The speed is slow for sure on the cade maps but when bhopping through escapes it makes good time compared with other classes. Slight increase on the speed for cade maps would be nice just to get around the map though =\.

On a side note, this class is EXTREMELY slow in the vents, dunno if that could be bumped up separately from when not crouching? or that may be a valve limitation?

or.... just bring back the old deformed which was the best class :icon_mrgreen:

Chef C Green
07-12-2012, 05:28 PM
or.... just bring back the old deformed which was the best class :icon_mrgreen:

It was the best for a reason, it was a tad OP :smirk:. If it works better with the new adjustments being made, I'm all for it. If it becomes too powerful though, we're just gonna find ourselves right back in here (except there will be whiners rather than civilized, rational players :headache:).

Steamer
07-12-2012, 05:36 PM

FUCKING RIGHT! Thank you Zero! Also, great work with the Zspawn. It's working very well.

T3h tyrant
07-12-2012, 05:36 PM
To kill the old deformed required teamwork and this new deformed requires none.

Steamer
07-12-2012, 05:39 PM

Somewhat, but not really.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

That's bullshit. I rape with the new deformed. It only has more KB because it's headshot KB was increased, which it needed. Now when the new KB mod is in place, it may need a bit of a buff.

T3h tyrant
07-12-2012, 05:44 PM
That's bullshit. I rape with the new deformed. It only has more KB because it's headshot KB was increased, which it needed. Now when the new KB mod is in place, it may need a bit of a buff.

I could never kill a deformed by myself now.. well its just not very hard at all which is probably because of the headshot shit like you said. either way i just want my old class back lol

Meltdown
07-14-2012, 08:13 AM
Zm requiers some teamwork again, only that is already big + zm always used and should be about good teamwork.