PDA

View Full Version : Just to point out

Assassin
07-12-2012, 03:05 AM
Yeah I know this isn't an app or anything but this whole proccess is shammy at best. You want people to pay 11 a month and take this place on as a part if not more of a full time job to join a clan after they get ULA. I'm not against the work but making people pay money to prove themselves? I'm sorry that I'm having a rough time (as are many people mind you) and cannot afford that. Oh 11 dollars isn't hard to come up with, your right but I'm not giving up my gas money or cig money to "try" and prove myself to a clan that may but probably won't accept me in the (x number of years here). As shady said we have many people who have come to the server because of us or stayed here because of us and we get no recognition for it because you (maynard, vlad, other inactive mods) don't see it in game, but you may want to reconsider your process unless you really are just trying to fleece people for money until they "decide" they want you as an ULA or clan.

StarsMine
07-12-2012, 03:16 AM
Your right. Clan isnt for everyone, nor do they want it to be. You dont need to be clan to hang out, no one here has anything against regulars. Servers are not free to run, you wont see a single server that doesnt cost money to be an admin. It gives people incentive to not abuse and lose their money.

When MY clan was running our server, I had to pay for my admin, and I was part of the CLAN owning it. I dont think you relize ibis makes its money off of admins and not ads, the servers cost money and takes alot of zeros time to maintain.

Just be content being a regular.

Ibis clan does not get free admin either, Its always fun when james runs in when he has not payed and I get to slap him around for a bit.
Its a community based effort, If you have ever been in one like Boyscouts you have to prove yourself there to to be a leader. You have to PAY for dues and PAY for training in BS and you dont get ANY money back, or time. Ibis is the same sort of deal.

Assassin
07-12-2012, 03:19 AM
Uh I never paid dues in my boyscouts and as for the money for trips and stuff we would do things as a communite (like bakesales and what not) to raise...theres no such system here and will lose you a lot of the people who are active and intelligent enough to be clan that simply cannot afford to do so. Granted money is a great incentive as it is an investment...but so is time. I mean if time was money I'm pretty sure even at 5 an hour most of us would be well over the 50k range. Just saying.

~edit Also I do have a very active stock in if IBIS survives...I've been here and this has been my go to servers since I originally found this server over 4 years ago. So try as u might that isn't a reason for this...ughh you just dont care enough.

StarsMine
07-12-2012, 03:24 AM
Yes, yes you did pay dues in BS, your parents probably took care of it for you. And you only make so much fundraising in bake sales.
Again clan isnt for the active and intelligent. Its more of a clique, what zero wants out of his clan is support. Thats what they give him.
Im not denying you have not been here a long time, but that does NOT entitle to you to anything other then being respected as a vet.

inthebutt
07-12-2012, 03:33 AM
assassin let me point something out to you cause I know you've been here for a very long time. The IBIS clan isn't a popularity contest, fuck more people are more popular on the servers than I am. Yes it may take years to get into IBIS but let me tell you something I was only playing in the IBIS servers for a little over a year before I got accepted into the clan. Did I always have admin?? nope, did I always do the right thing towards making IBIS better? yup.

You have 2 options and they don't require money; A) you actually contribute to the community and I don't mean moneitary wise but actually engage and better the community instead of bitching how you have to spend money to be in a clan or B) GTFO.

Point anything out you want but you realize its not the regs and admins who actually let you in, its the clan that actually lets you in. all these regs and admins posting +1 on a app doesn't mean shit cause its the clan members opinons that matter.

Fuck I had to prove myself to NYS C.O. and DUAL even though whytboiz approved of me. But I did it and I got into clan.

If you don't like what I just said fine, fucking trying to help you but all you wanna do is bitch and whine so I'm gonna let you bitch and whine as someone who isn't in the IBIS clan.

Carmichal
07-12-2012, 03:39 AM
Jesus Christ what's with all the birching tonight? Is it a full moon?

Meltdown
07-12-2012, 03:40 AM
Why are people so focused on getting into the clan. it's not like the people u hang out aren't already there. U guys make it such an issue while it's not. just chill and enjoy the games they provide for us.

StarsMine
07-12-2012, 03:43 AM
A) you actually contribute to the community and I don't mean moneitary wise but actually engage and better the community instead of bitching how you have to spend money to be in a clan

Hell didnt hitman get in for hosting you guys a few BBQs? See better the community with beers and beef :D

And yea if it was a popularity contest, there is no way in hell I would vote for you ITB, cant stand you. :banghead:

Assassin
07-12-2012, 03:44 AM
[QUOTE=inthebutt;139973 you actually contribute to the community and I don't mean moneitary wise but actually engage and better the community[/QUOTE]

Please tell me what this could be? I've already offered to help Zero with coding. I can't do adminy things obv...What do you want me to do make a bakesale for iBiS? And no I'm not being sarcastic I would love for someone to tell me what else I can do to prove myself.

~Edit and IDB I do make iBiS a better place. I call out hackers and spammers and ask that something be done about them. I constantly have friends who come to this server..some stick around some don't for w/e reason. I obey the rules and tell other new/old/regs/vets players if something constitutes being illegal and bannable or not as they do it so they can learn from there mistakes.

maynard
07-12-2012, 03:50 AM
here's what I want you 2 do.... invest some fucking time into the game, you might think your 80 hours average over like 4 years on 4 servers is impressive, but it's a joke.

the first people who are looked at for clan are the ULA's now. so I would obviously suggest going for that position if you want clan. if you need 2 ask how you get clan, you just don't get it.. try looking at all the other people who are working their asses off for a spot in the clan.... maybe you will learn something from them.

ibis also doesn't expect or ask any one 2 purchase admin. we simply give you the option, and most do it for their own personal means... it's easier 2 have admin in the servers you always play.. we all know this. it's the people who truly care about this community, and put into it that we look at.

as i said in your app.... feel free 2 make another anytime... but do it with some real reasons that you deserve clan. there's lots of people busting their ass for a spot, I'm not going 2 fuck them over by voting for someone who hasn't done 1/10th of the work they have for the position.

get some real reasons 2 support you, and ill be there doing it, I promise.

Carmichal
07-12-2012, 03:53 AM
I mean come on... shady and you pretty much are throwing bitch fits cause you didn't get your way. You know who throws fits when they don't get what they want? TODDLERS! The only person you should be pointing your finger at is your self. I lol at shady thinking his is anything but a terrible admin. However I don't know you that much so I will give you the benefit of the doubt. However, this has seriously put a bad mark on you for me.

Servers need money to run, and like stars said there's almost no server out there that doesn't make admins pay in some way. So what if you didn't get what you want? Buck up and work harder! Nothing comes easy. An employee can be at a business for twenty years, but if they don't show the drive to push the company further they are stuck.

Don't give that utter bullshit that the clan does nothing, the ones still around, have done more just this month then you have done in your entire stay here.

Check your ego at the door. You can't win everything, you are NOT the shit, and you need to learn your place.

This statement applies to both shady and you. I hope assassin, that you can pull out of this funk.

inthebutt
07-12-2012, 03:55 AM
Please tell me what this could be? I've already offered to help Zero with coding. I can't do adminy things obv...What do you want me to do make a bakesale for iBiS? And no I'm not being sarcastic I would love for someone to tell me what else I can do to prove myself.

I'm willing to help you assassin, for example when I was playing I noticed the PUB was never played. Zero actually had to use bots to make it look like people were in the PUB server, so what did I do?? I brought that server back to life and now its full of people sometimes its full for a couple hours but people know about IBIS PUB now. Yeah there were plenty of other things I did also with ZM but I actually contributed to the community. sometimes it may not seem like its helping the community out but trust me it is.

Fuck you starsmine I'll shit down your dick hole and make your mother pick it out with her tongue you inbred POS. :wtg:

Assassin
07-12-2012, 03:57 AM
And yes maynard I get that...and again I'm not against proving myself with effort...what I am against it proving myself while spending money to have to do it. How about instead of ULA's as the only way in...how about a seperate group like upper vets (no...no admin privs given or anything stupid like that) but for people who do love this community and support it the best they can without having to pay for it?

StarsMine
07-12-2012, 04:03 AM
I have an idea assassin, Make a group of IBIS vets on steam, help the community in that way, You get to pick who you think is worthy, or set up a systemto pick those who are worthy to be an ibis vet. As you said they would not get benifites.

Ibis assholes started that way, and so did the ibis mages.

It improves the community, keeps the vets comming back, and gives new guys an easier goal to strive towards.
There is a way to show your dedication AND leadership skills (something that the clan values now)

maynard
07-12-2012, 04:05 AM
And yes maynard I get that...and again I'm not against proving myself with effort...what I am against it proving myself while spending money to have to do it. How about instead of ULA's as the only way in...how about a seperate group like upper vets (no...no admin privs given or anything stupid like that) but for people who do love this community and support it the best they can without having to pay for it?

I see where you're coming at from the money angle... but think of it from mine... I've paid into admin for almost 3 years strait now lol... I don't get admin free for being clan, us clan pay for it, cause we're the kind of people who support the community and do it happily... plus... wha'ts 11 a month... lol it's peanuts. The ULA's are busting their asses off daily for the clan... so it's almost impossible 2 not look towards them for clanship before everyone else as they are not only policing and keeping our servers safe, but they are supporting them by paying into them. this community does not run hugs and kisses.. it runs on cold hard cash, we need 2 generate it, and the more we do, the more options we have in the future 2 expand into other games or take the community into other directions

if you want 2 just be an admin, and enjoy the community and have fun, go for it! but saying you want clan is a totally diff matter... that's where push comes 2 shove.

clan is not for everyone.. it's for those who want it, and work for it. and we make you work damn hard =)

Assassin
07-12-2012, 04:06 AM
Yeah i get that.

maynard
07-12-2012, 04:13 AM
you don't seem to know that I personally know and talk to on a reg basis a couple of the clan members (if they are still considered them as I haven't seen most of them in awhile...go figure)

how the fuck do you regularly talk with people who aren't on? it's things like this that piss me off... if I'm drunk, and stoned, and can correct you.. it's like... wtf? hoenstly? don't try and act like you know wtf is going on, or you're big time when you can't even get a simple story strait... it's just completely ridiculous

and Clan isn't a street trap lol... we're not asking you 2 invest or do anything! we're giving you the option provided you want 2 take it... Nothing more. at no point will you ever be asked or preassured into purchasing admin lol.

you clearly don't understand clan is for the dedicated, and it's probably cause you aren't.

Assassin
07-12-2012, 04:16 AM
What? Dude I have had deep discussion with dual and nysco and whyte (god rest his soul) along with...ya know r@pe being a very close friend of mine. I know all of the old school admins...like I don't see why you wouldn't think i know these pople we gamed in for months together all the time back in the day..you don't think I have ways of getting ahold of em?

I even talk to rico on occasion...though that's less and less these days.

StarsMine
07-12-2012, 04:18 AM
Enough name dropping already. We get it, you hung with the old clan. But this is NOW, not then.

Carmichal
07-12-2012, 04:18 AM
Everyone you mentioned isn't here anymore except rape and rico?

Pretty much what star has said

maynard
07-12-2012, 04:22 AM
What? Dude I have had deep discussion with dual and nysco and whyte (god rest his soul) along with...ya know r@pe being a very close friend of mine. I know all of the old school admins...like I don't see why you wouldn't think i know these pople we gamed in for months together all the time back in the day..you don't think I have ways of getting ahold of em?

I even talk to rico on occasion...though that's less and less these days.

here's a news flash. NYS and DUAL quit clan. Whyt has passed away (god bless)and they haven't regularly been here in like several years.. so the fact you're bringing up conversations with the 3 of them like it's relevant is just beyond asinine.

Rape is still around though, and he's good people.

this isn't 3-4 years ago, realize that, please.

Assassin
07-12-2012, 04:32 AM
yeah I guess I'm just not up for this then. 11 dollars a month may seem piddly to you and congratz for that but I live on my own go to college and still work and have a car payment and cel...well you get the idea. Paying to be in a clan is also asanine and I got a bridge I can sell ya too in the sahara desert for 20 bucks. Oh and you'll be able to spruce it up all nice and shiny and spend loads of money into it just to have a camel pass over it once in awhile. But it's obvious all you guys care about is the cash so ...gl. Last post I make on the subject and I hope people wisen up that this is an already 7ish (no I didn't look up the exact dates nazis) game and right about when you might be clan..lol your going to be playing CS:S 2. Oh we will just upgrade the servers...yep heard that a bunch of times too.

DJ_MikeyRevile
07-12-2012, 05:42 AM
yeah I guess I'm just not up for this then. 11 dollars a month may seem piddly to you and congratz for that but I live on my own go to college and still work and have a car payment and cel...well you get the idea. Paying to be in a clan is also asanine and I got a bridge I can sell ya too in the sahara desert for 20 bucks. Oh and you'll be able to spruce it up all nice and shiny and spend loads of money into it just to have a camel pass over it once in awhile. But it's obvious all you guys care about is the cash so ...gl. Last post I make on the subject and I hope people wisen up that this is an already 7ish (no I didn't look up the exact dates nazis) game and right about when you might be clan..lol your going to be playing CS:S 2. Oh we will just upgrade the servers...yep heard that a bunch of times too.

Truly, a moron. ):

When you are the leader, then make changes to meet your expectations. This community is not some fancy pancy hand out democracy. Kneel before its dictating might.

brett friggin favre
07-12-2012, 06:51 AM
Holding the admin position responsibly for an extended period displays the maturity and character that it takes to be in clan. you're showing right now that you don't have the maturity or proper character to be in ibis. I don't care who you are, I don't care who you know, i'm gonna call it like I see it. You are not fit for clan. i'm not the one who determines that but i've been getting to know the current members and you're just not the right guy. You're nothing like them, and you would cause a lot of problems because of it. move on. Enjoy this community or leave it, stirring up shit isn't proving anything other than the fact that you will never be clan. If that's what you want, you can't do it here. Sorry if it sounds like i'm stepping on clans yours with that but that's just how I see it.

Also you're paying to give yourself lung cancer instead of admin? Now whose fault is that?

That's probably been said before but I can't read the entire thread as i'm at work.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-12-2012, 07:05 AM
assassin let me point something out to you cause I know you've been here for a very long time. The IBIS clan isn't a popularity contest, fuck more people are more popular on the servers than I am. Yes it may take years to get into IBIS but let me tell you something I was only playing in the IBIS servers for a little over a year before I got accepted into the clan. Did I always have admin?? nope, did I always do the right thing towards making IBIS better? yup.

You have 2 options and they don't require money; A) you actually contribute to the community and I don't mean moneitary wise but actually engage and better the community instead of bitching how you have to spend money to be in a clan or B) GTFO.

Point anything out you want but you realize its not the regs and admins who actually let you in, its the clan that actually lets you in. all these regs and admins posting +1 on a app doesn't mean shit cause its the clan members opinons that matter.

Fuck I had to prove myself to NYS C.O. and DUAL even though whytboiz approved of me. But I did it and I got into clan.

If you don't like what I just said fine, fucking trying to help you but all you wanna do is bitch and whine so I'm gonna let you bitch and whine as someone who isn't in the IBIS clan.

... well said.

XX0wnsXY
07-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Yes Assassin,

I like you a lot. I really wish you would take the time to be more active on the forum, ban threads, etc.. because I think you would make a great addition to the community on the forum.
I think if you were to show up more to the forum, you'd see a lot of people changing their opinion about you..forget the admin thing for now..just show up and be a part of the community..and try to enjoy it while you're at it, instead of stressing about what you cant do!

B1ackOut
07-12-2012, 11:34 AM
Paying for your admin shows that you are dedicated to this community and want to support it by giving up something for it. You are not paying for your admin, you are donating money to the server to support it and receiving admin as reward for your contribution. And as the others have said, if you are not willing to make that kind of commitment, try to find other ways to prove that you want to contribute to the community. This isn't a gaming clan in the sense that members are chosen by skill and tryouts, it is a brotherhood that the members have committed a part of their lives to in order to be accepted.

Hitman
07-12-2012, 01:13 PM
We don't require people to have admin. If we see that they are dealing with the situations well, not crying for an admin to deal with some drama, and being an honest respectable community member who cares is a great plus.

But making a post like this does not help. We don't only look at people who pay for admin. We don't care for money, we don't get a slice of it. We take the money and help upkeep the servers. I know for a fact that Zero does not keep anything for himself, because he himself is a bafuggamakalakashaggatrimillionaire. He's doing this because this is his baby. He loves this community.

Once again, money isn''t everything, and if your having a hard time understanding it, then I'm sorry, the clan is not for you and you will never understand.

BTW: Whoever said that I hosted BBQ's to get into the clan, well guess what, I planned some but never got to make one! So yea suck on that.

inthebutt
07-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Closed. I'm not willing to waste time with assassin.