PDA

View Full Version : Gorge of Eternal Peril

brett friggin favre
07-17-2012, 12:10 PM
Thought of what I feel might be a fun little game admins could play with regs in the pub server to spice things up a bit, based off the gorge of eternal peril from Monty python and the holy grail. Admin asks a volunteer reg 3 questions (name, quest, random trivia) and if the reg answers all 3 correctly he gets $16000. If he answers one wrong, he is punished, either with a kick or 5 minute ban. Only reason I think the short ban is a bad idea is cuz it would pollute sourcebans. Thoughts?

XX0wnsXY
07-17-2012, 12:13 PM
that would be fun if pub wasnt full of a bunch of trolls lol. Id like to see you try it and see how everyone reacts, and then we'll talk rofl.

CYBER
07-17-2012, 12:26 PM
that would be fun if pub wasnt full of a bunch of trolls lol.
not to mention, u know, IDIOTS...and hackers... with little to no supervision from more experienced admins...

i think this will cause a lot of grieving.

now if u really want to have something that lets people get 16 k as a reward, without being punished,
it's to ask regs questions like
- "Who is ZERO?"
- Anyone knows whats a ULA?
- What's the difference between Clan and Admin?
- Which clan has insomnia? And why does he a have a stick up his butt? ( <3 )
- etc...
actually ask people questions RELATED to ibis, make them want to be more active on the forums and to be more interactive with ibis policies and groups just so that they get enough info to answer a stupid question. This will educate ppl on ibis.

If they answer right, they get the right to be asked for another question next round etc until they make a mistake, then they wait till map change for bonus $_$.

Sin
07-17-2012, 12:59 PM
i think this will cause a lot of grieving.

I grieve every time I die.

XX0wnsXY
07-17-2012, 01:00 PM
I grieve every time I die.

id like to file a grievance

CYBER
07-17-2012, 01:43 PM
its a fucking typo... meant to say grieFing

brett friggin favre
07-17-2012, 01:47 PM
id like to file a grievance

http://wiki.urbandead.com/images/9/92/Goodgrief3.jpg

inthebutt
07-17-2012, 04:09 PM
wouldn't it make the game more intresting if instead of kicking and short bans, you blind, drug or freeze people???

maynard
07-17-2012, 04:46 PM
banning and kicking is counter productive.

brett friggin favre
07-17-2012, 05:44 PM
wouldn't it make the game more intresting if instead of kicking and short bans, you blind, drug or freeze people???

that's an idea. i'll try it out in-game at some point and just see how people react. obviously if it's anything negative i won't do it any more but i think it might be worth a shot to spice things up a bit in there.

maynard
07-17-2012, 05:58 PM
well hopefully you don't ban or kick them... as I'm pretty sure I already know what their reaction is going 2 be lol...

brett friggin favre
07-17-2012, 06:10 PM
well hopefully you don't ban or kick them... as I'm pretty sure I already know what their reaction is going 2 be lol...

well yeah i'll start with freezing and stuff. the ban was just the initial idea, but of course either way the players will know the consequences and rewards beforehand and nobody has to do anything

inthebutt
07-17-2012, 06:56 PM
better keep the admin abuse thread cleared for brett than haha

brett friggin favre
07-17-2012, 07:39 PM
better keep the admin abuse thread cleared for brett than haha

i doubt that lol but thank you for the consideration :icon_mrgreen:

inthebutt
07-17-2012, 07:58 PM
i doubt that lol but thank you for the consideration :icon_mrgreen:

roger that ghostrider.