PDA

View Full Version : Tomoyo After: It's A Wonderful Life

Bane of Soldiers
07-20-2012, 01:47 AM
I caught wind of this because the English patch was recently delayed due to problems with the minigame coding. Nonetheless, there will soon be a complete English patch for the visual novel "Tomoyo After: It's A Wonderful Life," a spin-off set after the events of the original story in CLANNAD. Tomoyo After centers around, of course, Tomoyo Sakagami. Tomoya Okazaki is again used as the main character.

Not much to say. Apparently, it's one of Doki Fansubs projects. Unlike the original CLANNAD, Tomoyo After is an eroge. Although I do believe there is a hentai-free version available.

Link to status of Tomoyo After patch: http://doki.co/tag/tomoyo-after/

http://media-wallpapers.theotaku.com/caption-422242-20070410134833.jpg
http://2disbetterthan3d.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/tomoyona.png

I doubt anyone on here is seriously interested in playing visual novels, but whatever, I'm gonna leave this here....

ZERO
07-20-2012, 02:09 AM
I have played little busters but only done 2 routes so far but it has been fun.

Bane of Soldiers
07-29-2012, 11:22 AM
I am sooooo far behind lol!

I slowed down my playing when I got through Rin1.... it took me several playthroughs and a couple google searches to figure out that I needed to complete the other 5 girls' routes....

I kinda rage quitted and started using the LB! Walkthrough provided on the TLWiki site. With that, I loaded one of my many files (I'm a saving scum lol) and now I'm starting Kud's route. Haven't made much progress on it though >.<

ZERO
07-31-2012, 10:46 PM
I thought you could only do rin after doing the others!?

The first route I finished was Saigusa which somehow I did despite wanting to get the Kurugaya route.

My selections made it so I could also get the Kud route if I changed 1 selection which I knew exactly what it was and then went back and did after doing Saigusa. The Kud route was amazing. Also I by chance I found out after playing the game once that I actually played the extra sceans as well on the first play though b/c "Haruka's route has numerous extra scenes if Futaki is chosen as Kud's roommate on 5/18. You can choose Futaki by suggesting Rin, Komari or Kurugaya, or by choosing "Keep searching" when Kud asks you again." I did not know this at the time. I only read extra info on routes I have already done b/c I do not want to spoil or change what I do from reading something. I just want to know if I missed anything after the fact. Also I had to read the Saigusa route info so I could understand what I am supposed to do next b/c I had never played a VN before.

Wow I just read and am so glad I got all of the Saigusa stuff on the first go b/c like I said I knew I also could get kud from that same game state:
"If you aren't locked out of Kurugaya's route, you'll see a scene with her and Futaki."
"After Refrain is completed, the scene with Kurugaya and Futaki will always be the one that'll be selected, making the scene with Kud and Futaki inaccessible."

Oh did see good news for you though b/c you did Rin1: "After you've completed Rin1, you can see a hidden mini-route with a Kud-related CG and some insight on Rin's fierce rival! "

This is the first VN i have ever played and it was enjoyable. I can not wait to actually finish it before the anime comes out.

Bane of Soldiers
08-01-2012, 01:41 AM
Yeah, you can't complete Rin's route, Rin2 unlocks after completing the other 5 routes.... Yeah, I worded the last post badly. I "got through" Rin1, but technically didn't finish Rin1 (since no matter what you do, you get a bad ending lmfao... until you complete the other routes that is... :3)

I have my saves arranged so that I can go back to the fork between Kud's and Komari's routes (I think?). I plan on doing that when I (somehow) stop playing WCS and (somehow) finish/start some summer homework.... lol

I chose Mio as Kud's roommate. Nothing special except for a cafeteria scene with the two and Riki (as far as I remember)

By Kud-related mini-route, are you talking about the Masato "route?" Of course I haven't done it, but my friends posted some hilarious pictures of the end of the world as we know it... :smirk:

This is the farthest I've ever gotten on a VN, the first VN I tried ended in epic failure (well not ended, because I barely did anything xD). That was Fate/Stay Night. In that one, I think I barely got past Berserker's first appearance when Emiya and Rin return from the church...

As for me, I doubt I will complete Refrain by the time the anime releases >.<

Oh, and btw....
If you ever manage to recruit Kengo, please share your tips lol. It's fun, but I suck at that baseball minigame. :D

Bane of Soldiers
09-27-2012, 10:48 PM
A functioning v1.0 of the English patch was released last Friday. Naturally, there are some bugs, but it's there for those itching to play