PDA

View Full Version : Fuck yeah! i'm a noob!

Meltdown
07-21-2012, 06:16 AM
So I decided to start playing gg because I got bit tired of zombie and I have to admit it is really getting the hang of me, I tried wcs but gg seems to be more suited for me:wtg: It seems gg community is nice. Any tips for this newb here? hehe

XX0wnsXY
07-21-2012, 09:45 AM
So I decided to start playing gg because I got bit tired of zombie and I have to admit it is really getting the hang of me, I tried wcs but gg seems to be more suited for me:wtg: It seems gg community is nice. Any tips for this newb here? hehe

Get better

BladeTwinSwords
07-21-2012, 09:55 AM
Get better

This.

DJ_MikeyRevile
07-21-2012, 10:25 AM
dont be a noob.

brett friggin favre
07-21-2012, 11:53 AM
anticipate that someone will be around every corner and behind every box. prefire...for the face.

body shots won't get you far. you're in close quarters usually, no reason not to get headshots. also, flanking is key. if you can get behind the other guys, bam 3+ kills easy. and don't camp. i've yet to see a camper win a game.

Meltdown
07-23-2012, 03:37 AM
Yeah i noticed that too, also the maps are critical on ur play style as you cannot play in every map too aggressive or defensive.

CYBER
07-23-2012, 02:08 PM
here're some tips. gonna be long post. u;re free to either read and learn or move along i really dont give a fuck, but YOU asked for tips...
i always play CT, so its from that point of view of a SAMPLE movement process on some of the most overplayed maps (there's many more):

deagle map: dnt rush right side, u;d be dead in a second, either wait out mid, or left side for 10 seconds, then start rushing fast looking left and right picking off ppl around corners since they wont be coming TOWARDS u now, but more like going to your ct spawn and u'd be behind them.

sex_fix: go left side, up ramp, jump top fast, usually someone will come out of behind the wall so instantly shoot,then go behind wall following the edge to the right, there's usually someone going there trying to snipe ppl above.

churches: dnt rush. if u rush, u;re dead. if u have a sniper, u're perfectly allowed to go to ur own roof or graves, snipe ppl, as long as u dnt camp excessively. if u have an auto, go middle, but dnt rush first, let a teammate take the first blow.

complex: as ct, try to make it to middle section fast (by going up the ramp towards glass section), alternate aim between window and ramp entrance to the right, prefire aroudn that corner, if u manage to get to the second middle section that goes to T spawn, stop, dnt go T spawn, dnt go right, instead, go left, towards the yellow window thing, and go up the ramp there that reaches the windows facing the V section, there will always be a T either shooting at V section or at the window shooting at the middle section u just came from. if u're fast, back knife them, if u think u'd miss the 1-ko hit, shoot them in the fucking head fast. then rush back from where u came from, while prefiring corners at head level, and run to the right side , towards the section with the spiral glass ramps, and head back to CT spawn from there, u;re bound to meet someone.

lego mafia: dnt even bother going bottom side, u;d be dead by sprayers in seconds if u arent the fastest. go up ur ramp closest to u , if u have a scout or smthn, crouch snipe someone at the ramp diagonal to you , even if u cant see them, they'll usually pop out there. if u have a machine gun, jump the edge fast, and go behind the towers, safest bet is to go down the ladder there and assess it, or go to T spawn from top, but u're in open area.

blue arena: go up ramp, dnt stay in spawn, try to snipe or aim at the edge that is about 11o'clock to u if u were to go on the second ramp towards middle. there's usually someone there going to pop out to shoot ppl in ur spawn, take them out, and then wait there behind the wall for about 8 seconds, most likely a T will come around the corner. always watch ur radar to see if u have teammates covering the back end of the ramp, if they died, or no one is there, keep an eye at the side and pick them off from top.

lego_spacetower: go up the ramp, look through glass fast and see if someone went in a direction, go same direction and prefire a bit higher than head level and keep running forward, a guy coming around that corner will probably get killed before he sees u , then jump go down the ramp in enemy spawn, go level -1, and start running in the tower hallways with either ur gun parallel to the ramp u;re going on (up or down), or with a knife like me. u'll get kills of unsuspecting ppl there,, but watch corners and always turn back at least once after u go up a ramp, to make sure no one is following u .

yardwars: thats the only map i play as T, run alongside pool to the left, crouch jump directly to the slide, and go up, to the roof before CTs get there, or camp the edge, shoot ppl going there, there will ALWAYS be a CT crouched and coming out of the window on the roof, aim for the head and kill him, then just take a quick look at ground level from left side, see if u can pick off someone from top, if not then break the glass and rush inside. if there's a strong CT dominating the roof, instead of going roof, go to the same balcony, enter the 2nd floor door, and be ready to immediately shoot ppl going up the stairs, use sound to tell if soemone broke the glass behind u and about to get u .

blue_Sector: if u have a sniper, there's a tiny ramp behind where u spawn as CT, go up just a bit and snipe ppl going middle from there, if u have a semi or machine gun etc, go up the front ramp FAST , with a knife equiped and immediately go up the ladder there before someone shoots u across middle entrance. once there, wait for like 5 seconds, and then come out around the corner prefiring because at that time someoene would be there, if not there , they will most likely be on the balcony from the T side, shooting at mid, if STILL cant see anyone, look left FAST and shoot ppl in middle, keep running to balcony and jump off behind enemy spawn and then u and ur teammates would have cornered Ts. btw, as ct, NEVER go the left side from spawn, u;re dead.

abbey: if u have a sniper, go right side, crouch, only let ur head out, not body, and snipe at the corner across the map, about 5 seconds in, u should land a hs from someone randomly coming there, and then fall back , but be careful becasue at that time, Ts would have made it past the underground tunnel and are going in your spawn from left side. so rush middle ramp fast and go left, watch out for the campers sniping from their T entrance, if clear, i suggest u jump down the edge that goes to underground section, and shoot down, there might be soemone walking by there. use sound and radar, (heck i personally just fall back as soon as i spawn, go back ramp, wait 4 seconds up top and jump above that section, back knifing someone there...ppl always freak out lol)

aim_shotty: it depends on plays, sound and radar ur best friends. i personally go middle, wait on stairs facing right for some random people trying to make it to spawn from top edge, and then i just keep going up , and circle the map clockwise from top to kill off the rest. most likely enemies would have reached ur spawn from both sides, and might be going to stairs, so pick them off there...

for all maps: when u;re in close combat, and u run out of ammo, dont both reloading if its close, switch to knife and take them out fast, u'll get a leveled up full gun after it nway, if he's far from a knife, then he is far enough for u to put a knnife on and run like hell, like in deagle, and reload while running

BLAH BLAH BLAH discover ur own patterns for all other maps...

tl;dr:
this is a map by map SAMPLE of what you can do, as opposed to "Get better", these are some patterns you should have learned alone, and u will learn many more, there're many ways to play, thats just one of them. rely on sound and radar a lot, dnt rush recklessly, bait teammates if u have to lol... always aim at head level and prefire aroudn each corner, even if u dnt hear anything or think it's safe.

Carmichal
07-24-2012, 12:00 AM
here're some tips. gonna be long post. u;re free to either read and learn or move along i really dont give a fuck, but YOU asked for tips...
i always play CT, so its from that point of view of a SAMPLE movement process on some of the most overplayed maps (there's many more):

deagle map: dnt rush right side, u;d be dead in a second, either wait out mid, or left side for 10 seconds, then start rushing fast looking left and right picking off ppl around corners since they wont be coming TOWARDS u now, but more like going to your ct spawn and u'd be behind them.

sex_fix: go left side, up ramp, jump top fast, usually someone will come out of behind the wall so instantly shoot,then go behind wall following the edge to the right, there's usually someone going there trying to snipe ppl above.

churches: dnt rush. if u rush, u;re dead. if u have a sniper, u're perfectly allowed to go to ur own roof or graves, snipe ppl, as long as u dnt camp excessively. if u have an auto, go middle, but dnt rush first, let a teammate take the first blow.

complex: as ct, try to make it to middle section fast (by going up the ramp towards glass section), alternate aim between window and ramp entrance to the right, prefire aroudn that corner, if u manage to get to the second middle section that goes to T spawn, stop, dnt go T spawn, dnt go right, instead, go left, towards the yellow window thing, and go up the ramp there that reaches the windows facing the V section, there will always be a T either shooting at V section or at the window shooting at the middle section u just came from. if u're fast, back knife them, if u think u'd miss the 1-ko hit, shoot them in the fucking head fast. then rush back from where u came from, while prefiring corners at head level, and run to the right side , towards the section with the spiral glass ramps, and head back to CT spawn from there, u;re bound to meet someone.

lego mafia: dnt even bother going bottom side, u;d be dead by sprayers in seconds if u arent the fastest. go up ur ramp closest to u , if u have a scout or smthn, crouch snipe someone at the ramp diagonal to you , even if u cant see them, they'll usually pop out there. if u have a machine gun, jump the edge fast, and go behind the towers, safest bet is to go down the ladder there and assess it, or go to T spawn from top, but u're in open area.

blue arena: go up ramp, dnt stay in spawn, try to snipe or aim at the edge that is about 11o'clock to u if u were to go on the second ramp towards middle. there's usually someone there going to pop out to shoot ppl in ur spawn, take them out, and then wait there behind the wall for about 8 seconds, most likely a T will come around the corner. always watch ur radar to see if u have teammates covering the back end of the ramp, if they died, or no one is there, keep an eye at the side and pick them off from top.

lego_spacetower: go up the ramp, look through glass fast and see if someone went in a direction, go same direction and prefire a bit higher than head level and keep running forward, a guy coming around that corner will probably get killed before he sees u , then jump go down the ramp in enemy spawn, go level -1, and start running in the tower hallways with either ur gun parallel to the ramp u;re going on (up or down), or with a knife like me. u'll get kills of unsuspecting ppl there,, but watch corners and always turn back at least once after u go up a ramp, to make sure no one is following u .

yardwars: thats the only map i play as T, run alongside pool to the left, crouch jump directly to the slide, and go up, to the roof before CTs get there, or camp the edge, shoot ppl going there, there will ALWAYS be a CT crouched and coming out of the window on the roof, aim for the head and kill him, then just take a quick look at ground level from left side, see if u can pick off someone from top, if not then break the glass and rush inside. if there's a strong CT dominating the roof, instead of going roof, go to the same balcony, enter the 2nd floor door, and be ready to immediately shoot ppl going up the stairs, use sound to tell if soemone broke the glass behind u and about to get u .

blue_Sector: if u have a sniper, there's a tiny ramp behind where u spawn as CT, go up just a bit and snipe ppl going middle from there, if u have a semi or machine gun etc, go up the front ramp FAST , with a knife equiped and immediately go up the ladder there before someone shoots u across middle entrance. once there, wait for like 5 seconds, and then come out around the corner prefiring because at that time someoene would be there, if not there , they will most likely be on the balcony from the T side, shooting at mid, if STILL cant see anyone, look left FAST and shoot ppl in middle, keep running to balcony and jump off behind enemy spawn and then u and ur teammates would have cornered Ts. btw, as ct, NEVER go the left side from spawn, u;re dead.

abbey: if u have a sniper, go right side, crouch, only let ur head out, not body, and snipe at the corner across the map, about 5 seconds in, u should land a hs from someone randomly coming there, and then fall back , but be careful becasue at that time, Ts would have made it past the underground tunnel and are going in your spawn from left side. so rush middle ramp fast and go left, watch out for the campers sniping from their T entrance, if clear, i suggest u jump down the edge that goes to underground section, and shoot down, there might be soemone walking by there. use sound and radar, (heck i personally just fall back as soon as i spawn, go back ramp, wait 4 seconds up top and jump above that section, back knifing someone there...ppl always freak out lol)

aim_shotty: it depends on plays, sound and radar ur best friends. i personally go middle, wait on stairs facing right for some random people trying to make it to spawn from top edge, and then i just keep going up , and circle the map clockwise from top to kill off the rest. most likely enemies would have reached ur spawn from both sides, and might be going to stairs, so pick them off there...

for all maps: when u;re in close combat, and u run out of ammo, dont both reloading if its close, switch to knife and take them out fast, u'll get a leveled up full gun after it nway, if he's far from a knife, then he is far enough for u to put a knnife on and run like hell, like in deagle, and reload while running

BLAH BLAH BLAH discover ur own patterns for all other maps...

tl;dr:
this is a map by map SAMPLE of what you can do, as opposed to "Get better", these are some patterns you should have learned alone, and u will learn many more, there're many ways to play, thats just one of them. rely on sound and radar a lot, dnt rush recklessly, bait teammates if u have to lol... always aim at head level and prefire aroudn each corner, even if u dnt hear anything or think it's safe.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You type more than what is needed ever. In honor of that I hate you -.-

Practice makes perfect, don't be a noob, don't be a camping queen.

jk, well kind of.

CYBER
07-24-2012, 08:44 AM
meh, you think i dont know that my post is long or not?
there's shit you cant really dumb down any less. go break down my last post per map, its barely 2 lines each of each map walkthrough...
and again, meltdown asked for tips, if he wants a short "dont be a noob" or "stop sucking" reply, then i really question what he would expect to gain from making a thread in the first place.

f he wanted information, he got it, and the post was directed to him...no one is forcing anyone to read, and it's not an important message to the community but more like side info for meltdown if he actually gives a fuck, so i rly dnt care about how much walls of text i built, i know i am being more helpful than trolling him with "play better" (no shit sherlocks?) when he is asking for help or at least bitching about how much of a noob he is now.

Carmichal
07-24-2012, 09:18 AM
Cyber it's okay, it was joke. o.0

I'm sad to say it, but sometimes it is fun to read your giant walls of text. If only you had better grammar I would plan events just to read them.

CYBER
07-24-2012, 09:45 AM

I'm sad to say it, but sometimes it is fun to read your giant walls of text. If only you had better grammar I would plan events just to read them.
Lol,
Believe it or not, I actually have a decent grammar. I just really don't care about how I write over the internet, especially when I'm typing fast. You're right though, my perceived grammar does, indeed, show some failure. The main reason is because I just type whatever randomly comes to mind within my chain of thoughts, without organizing my ideas first.
I mean, I even have a lifetime Certificate in Proficiency in English (CPE, google it) from Oxford which I worked for just for fun. I just don't really give a fuck about anything over the internet. It's as simple as that :)

Here, I actually took a couple more minutes to write better... and now back to gibberish i go, hur-fucking-ray.
cookie?

maynard
07-24-2012, 12:25 PM
but sometimes it is fun to read your giant walls of text.

Lies.

it's GG, aim shoot, don't TK, win... pretty simple... doesn't require half a novel.

XX0wnsXY
07-24-2012, 12:44 PM

Cyber needs a :p in the post to realize a joke. Been there done that. Cyber is wound way too tight

:p

Erdenay
07-24-2012, 01:24 PM
Cyber needs a :p in the post to realize a joke. Been there done that. Cyber is wound way too tight

:p

Oooohhh, you have no idea how tight he is ;)

CYBER
07-24-2012, 02:32 PM
Oooohhh, you have no idea how tight he is ;)
oh im original tight, unlike you, you loose ass bitch.

Erdenay
07-24-2012, 02:46 PM
oh im original tight, unlike you, you loose ass bitch.

Aaawww, you always say the nicest things to me <3

acolyte_to_jippity
07-24-2012, 05:10 PM
Believe it or not, I actually have a decent grammar.

i'm just going to leave it at that.

Meltdown
07-25-2012, 03:26 AM
I'm fascinated by how u guys can make from nothing a biggggg issue lol

Thanks cyber

Joker
07-25-2012, 05:38 AM
Tl;dr in any case ignore some of my fellow peeps that just love creating drama andcausing an issue.

But as for advice a lot of the time in Gg admins like to play different maps and most players only like playing a select few. And a lot of the time you shouldn't have to change the map because most of the time atleast 1 or 2 will show up in a map vote and everyone will vote for them. Learn the maps and get to know some of the regulars and have fun with it. GG can be laid back or extremely serious so get to know the regulars to know who your dealing with forst before doing anything stupid. That's about it, just enjoy it.

P.S. just a heads up rapedoars and maynard come on from time to time drunk and they may seem like assholes some times, but just let it go unless you have a wanting for one of them to have fun banning you lol.

Rage
07-25-2012, 12:34 PM
You all are making this way to complicated for the poor boy...

2 simple rules to know, legit play on the maps you are good at, just knife people on the ones you arent.

The enjoyment of repeatedly knifing people all game, PRICELESS!

Cortez
07-26-2012, 01:59 PM
Find the weak antelope and take it out from the herd.

Also, recognize people's patterns. I know that quite a few people do the same thing every round, figure that out and do some cunt crushing.

Always slay people who TK you. They hate that and it helps you win.
Knifing is way more fun.

Pootie Too Good
08-04-2012, 04:34 PM
The gg community is terrible is my opinion, it's sad when you can say the zm has a better community, i cant play a map without getting annoyed by players antics, the admins are massive pricks (I got my first and only ibis ban for calling someone retarded like 5 seconds after he put his ibis.a tag on, and i hadn't realized he was an admin, then he hour banned me for disrespect. Not like you need to worry about them), but i still choose ibis's because its the only active gun game that I'm aware of that has round spawns. Just make sure you dont go the same pathes multiple times in a row, you'll get shot up and you wont have a good time.

brett friggin favre
08-04-2012, 05:30 PM
The gg community is terrible is my opinion, it's sad when you can say the zm has a better community, i cant play a map without getting annoyed by players antics, the admins are massive pricks (I got my first and only ibis ban for calling someone retarded like 5 seconds after he put his ibis.a tag on, and i hadn't realized he was an admin, then he hour banned me for disrespect. Not like you need to worry about them), but i still choose ibis's because its the only active gun game that I'm aware of that has round spawns. Just make sure you dont go the same pathes multiple times in a row, you'll get shot up and you wont have a good time.

well that was jerm. jerm's an idiot. the zmod community is great for a certain type of person, but to many of us it's like a daycare.

Carmichal
08-04-2012, 10:08 PM
There's many good admins on GG way more than ZM. Also ZM was built for the mental deficient.

Cortez
08-04-2012, 11:09 PM
I think the GG community is grand. Most of the admins are solid IMO. At least those of us that use our powers in a limited fashion. I don't think i've ever seen you play there so if I do, I will try to change your mind.
Also Michelle is the worst one.

Carmichal
08-04-2012, 11:14 PM
I think the GG community is grand. Most of the admins are solid IMO. At least those of us that use our powers in a limited fashion. I don't think i've ever seen you play there so if I do, I will try to change your mind.
Also Michelle is the worst one.

Ass -.-