Santa
Required Level: 320
Levels per ability: 10
Item Restrictions: NONE

Milk&Cookies: Gain health from attacks
Presents: A bag full of grenades!
Nice List: You or a teammate comes back to life
Sleigh: Fly around at increasing speed.

Powered by his Milk and Cookies and big bag of presents Santa is bringing the gift of heavy damage all year round. He has even brought his Nice List with him so the good kids can help him keep the festivities going. Hop in the sleigh and deck the halls with grenades becuase this year Santa is giving the gift that keeps on giving, high grade explosives!

http://www.ibisgaming.com/wcs_stats/player.php?id=51059

Initial Release

Spawn actions will now occur when switching from no race while alive

Updated code to force ent destruction on round end for snow
Updated code with new stock functions, improved readability by replacing 60 lines with 20 (33% reduction)
Reduced number of required timers by creating a stock function to destroy an ent with no delay

Replaced 20 duplicate code timer based methods with 9 efficient methods of which 5 are timer methods and 4 are reusable effect functions to be called by the timers or the program.
Reduced program length by over 200 lines.
Dramatically improved readability of effect functions
Slightly improved memory performance for effects

maynard
07-24-2012, 03:33 PM
yay!!!!

ITS NADE TIME BITCHES!

ZERO
07-24-2012, 03:35 PM
To make this race more interesting I will be increasing the levels per ability from 4 to 10. This race is very powerful and without over leveling it will be unbalanced with such a low max level. I am the original programmer of this race and the only real reason that there was just 4 levels to begin with was that I was learning and did not want to have a lot.

Erdenay
07-24-2012, 03:38 PM
Yay, 1 more!

ZERO
07-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Does anyone know if santa nades had a larger radius or did more damage or something?

DJ_MikeyRevile
07-24-2012, 03:53 PM
Does anyone know if santa nades had a larger radius or did more damage or something?
I do not think so, you just had alot of them. I also think they gave a "snow" effect when they hit.

ZERO
07-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Here is the example code I have for them:

es est_give event_var(userid) weapon_hegrenade
es est_setammo event_var(userid) 4 server_var(wcs_ammo)
es_set wcs_ammo 4
es_delayed 1 es_keysetvalue WCSuserdata event_var(userid) Gnade "imagnitude 10"

es_delayed 1 es_keysetvalue WCSuserdata event_var(userid) Gnade "imagnitude 10" is the part I can not figure out. I am not sure what this does if anything. I obviously copied this code from something else when I made it but I can not find anything that uses this. The only thing I can think is that this command makes an effect of some sort.

For now it will be ignored.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-24-2012, 05:11 PM
they were just a crapton of nades. but they procced your lifesteal. and santa had mad lifesteal.

BladeTwinSwords
07-24-2012, 05:29 PM
I remember the ladder glitch. Run as fast as Die Xonvert and spam the screen with jizz fluff.

HO HO HO

acolyte_to_jippity
07-24-2012, 05:32 PM
I remember the ladder glitch. Run as fast as Die Xonvert and spam the screen with jizz fluff.

HO HO HO

i still prefer the whole, spectating santa' glitch. you kept snowing while you were dead ^_^

ZERO
07-24-2012, 05:48 PM
This race is the first to excrement with datapacks these are the code that I needed to make the jack effect that would trail behind a user and follow them with a delay or other more complex effects that I have not attempted until now.

The success of learning how these datapacks work will allow for complex timer based effects.

Chef C Green
07-24-2012, 06:00 PM
This race is the first to excrement with datapacks these are the code that I needed to make the jack effect that would trail behind a user and follow them with a delay or other more complex effects that I have not attempted until now.

The success of learning how these datapacks work will allow for complex timer based effects.

Sweeeeeeeet :icon_mrgreen:

Gotta get some nipperhouse going when this is live (unless it is already? I'll check WCS in a bit), set the mood, and have epic nade battles in the house :lmao:

ZERO
07-24-2012, 06:07 PM
Wait so did the leach work on nade damage as well then?

Also for this race I have made a native to allow for unlimited healing! All other leaching races will be updated for infinate leach as well.(when they get reprogrammed)

acolyte_to_jippity
07-24-2012, 06:32 PM
This race is the first to excrement with datapacks these are the ...

wait, it shits datapacks?

Also for this race I have made a native to allow for unlimited healing! All other leaching races will be updated for infinate leach as well.(when they get reprogrammed)

zero, i love you. undead will be back to its old self now.

Masskid
07-24-2012, 06:43 PM
Yayyyyyyyyy I was wondering when you were gonna reprogram that :)))

maynard
07-24-2012, 07:23 PM

Nope.

ZERO
07-24-2012, 07:35 PM
ok good, ALso note that any skills in yellow are available in the test server :wtg:

ZERO
07-24-2012, 10:24 PM
Nice List is ready for testing. I still got a lot of work to do on some new effects for this ability before it is done. Players will respawn at spawn.

NEW DEVELOPMENTS!

I have implemented the universal respawn sound.
Created a new boolean stock function for all respawns!
Created Stock Function for healing with no limits
Created stock for giving nades

The boolean respawn function can also allow the ability to recover your respawn in the event that it did not actually end up being triggered. However currently this feature is not implemented. Please comment on if you would like to see this supported.

Chikun
07-24-2012, 10:43 PM

Joy-Boner Activated.

ZERO
07-24-2012, 11:24 PM
Added a different spawn sound for when the Nice List is activated.

ZERO
07-24-2012, 11:50 PM
All spawn effects completed all abilities and effects other than the ultimate are complete. :wtg:

ZERO
07-25-2012, 01:55 AM
This race is the first to support effects on the nades it throws. It only gets the effects on nades from presents. If you do not have the ability leveled then no effect.

Nades will have a red and white trail.

Other races will get similar effects for things down the road.

Masskid
07-25-2012, 07:34 AM
This race is the first to support effects on the nades it throws. It only gets the effects on nades from presents. If you do not have the ability leveled then no effect.

Nades will have a red and white trail.

Other races will get similar effects for things down the road.

yay! now i will know what race just raped my face!

ZERO
07-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Do you guys like the green and red for the Milk&Cookies? I wanted to have more Christmas colors than just red and white but with all the other effects for santa being those colors I am not so sure. What do you all think?

Erdenay
07-25-2012, 11:24 AM
Do you guys like the green and red for the Milk&Cookies? I wanted to have more Christmas colors than just red and white but with all the other effects for santa being those colors I am not so sure. What do you all think?

That actually sounds just jolly and merry enough to work ;)

ZERO
07-25-2012, 12:14 PM
All abilitys done! Just got to finish up the last of the effects and test everything.

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Also wanted to note that even with the massive amount of stock function references of which there is over 20 (each referencing 20 lines of code on average) The code for this race is actually 80% effects.

h4x0r
07-25-2012, 12:56 PM
F*cking W00t :icon_mrgreen:

XX0wnsXY
07-25-2012, 01:09 PM
Forgive me if I'm missing it somewhere from my phone, but is this race restricted?

maynard
07-25-2012, 01:16 PM
Nope.

CYBER
07-25-2012, 01:31 PM

they were just a crapton of nades. but they procced your lifesteal. and santa had mad lifesteal.

Nope.
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/006/026/futuramafry.jpg
i guess maynard knows his shit better...

ZERO
07-25-2012, 02:44 PM
Well after spending all night creating the nade trail to be red and white like I wanted I have now replaced it with a SNOW TRAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

ZERO
07-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Race in RC testing.

Erdenay
07-25-2012, 10:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cglLJJ0Czo8

Masskid
07-26-2012, 10:44 AM
Well after spending all night creating the nade trail to be red and white like I wanted I have now replaced it with a SNOW TRAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

lol dont over do it xD i dont want a winter wonderland in my face before i die :(

Masskid
07-26-2012, 11:50 AM
i know your eager to release this race, but i noticed that nice list has a small bug. i was santa and i was added to the nicelist( no problem ) but i got off of it went to vaga and was still on my own nicelist(i must really like myself O.O) and i would continue to stay on the nicelist until the respawn didnt fail,( new round i killed myself at the very beginning and got respawned after that i was off the nicelist )

CYBER
07-26-2012, 11:53 AM
is that really a bug? i thought that , if a santa put someone on the nice list, that the target person would still respawned even if the santa got off the race...?
wasnt it like that before or am i tripping here? its not like the shadow hunter wards that disappear as soon as the shadow hunter switched race

ZERO
07-26-2012, 12:28 PM
No In understand what is going on and it is a glitch created from the change I made last night. What he got was a message stating "CPrintToChat(activator, "{green}Respawn FAILED {red}Nice List REACTIVATED");"

What I assume you did was have nice list and then kill yourself and then you changed race but becuase you did not respawn from nice list you got nice list back.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Actually this made me realize that all timers need to be killed on round end. This will resolve this glitch and many others that can cause crashes ect. :wtg: They key is that it should be considered bad practice for a timer to contiue after a round ends. This will only apply to timers greater than 2-3 seconds in length.

CYBER
07-26-2012, 12:28 PM
No In understand what is going on and it is a glitch created from the change I made last night. What he got was a message stating "CPrintToChat(activator, "{green}Respawn FAILED {red}Nice List REACTIVATED");"

What I assume you did was have nice list and then kill yourself and then you changed race but becuase you did not respawn from nice list you got nice list back.
oh i see, so if someone died and respawned from another effect first (say a BM), they would be removed from the current nice list? or does it keep the respawn till they die again?

and when would this race be available, im dying to level something new before my final saturday since vagalion is being whored:D

btw zero did u get my msg about grenade effects for all races before the santa development occured?

ZERO
07-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Actually this made me realize that all timers need to be killed on round end. This will resolve this glitch and many others that can cause crashes ect. :wtg: They key is that it should be considered bad practice for a timer to continue after a round ends. This will only apply to timers greater than 2-3 seconds in length.

Yes, originally I did not have plans for effects for this one b/c they do not actually do extra dmg or anything but I felt there was not enough effects to do this race justice and so I did it. The hard part was making it only apply to this race and not all nades.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Tested, glitch patched thanks to 10 more lines of code!

CYBER
07-26-2012, 01:00 PM
The key is that it should be considered bad practice for a timer to continue after a round ends. This will only apply to timers greater than 2-3 seconds in length.

so zero? by killing the timer, would that also fix Bloodmage's ultimate? currently if u are set on fire, and the round ends, the next map you get burned for 1 damage because the ultimate timer is still running.
Would that also fix the panorama's ultimate which summons you and your enemy AFTER the beginning of next round if u were to die just before round end?
( no one has complaints on those, im just curious)

ZERO
07-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Most likely yes. THese are not being done to correct bugs as much as like I stated it is just bad practice and therefore poor programing.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Initial Release

HypeRNT
07-26-2012, 01:41 PM
r the nades reg nades or do they have improved dmg? and how many do u get?

CYBER
07-26-2012, 02:32 PM
r the nades reg nades or do they have improved dmg? and how many do u get?
as far as i know from earlier posts (which u could have read btw) is that they have same range, AOE and damage as normal, they just have different colors...
and yes, they are unlimited , until u get shot in the face by yours truely at least.

maynard
07-26-2012, 03:25 PM
nades aren't unlimited. it's 10 when the ability is maxed.

CYBER
07-26-2012, 06:21 PM
nades aren't unlimited. it's 10 when the ability is maxed.HmmmSomeone told me it was unlimited, oh well who cares, they failed. Plz tell me u can buy gloves with that shit? An entire skill for gettig 10 nades ... That was the case when it was only 16 total levels... But zero wants to increase the levels to 10 per skill... 10 nades for a lv 50 santa? Or gonna change proportionally? ... I guess i need to play it.. And test

ZERO
07-26-2012, 08:34 PM
The other skills more than make up for it being 10 levels per ability.

CYBER
07-27-2012, 08:45 AM
forgot to post this yesterday evening,
but the sever crashed about 7-8 times in an hour and smthn.

the main reason, in MY opinion, is that santa's flight is causing it, since everytime i come back to the server, i ask each player what was the last thing they were doing at that time (sort of a habit), and there was ALWAYS someone mid flight, or to be more specific " i just barely used my ulti and got 2 feet off the ground" as some players put it .

is there ANY chance zero, that u used the dragonfly algorithms , or reused some partial code from it, to build santa's flight with different acceleration and effect? if so, then if dragonfly is off limits for now (no update about the race since last week btw...) then we really need to take a look at what is common between the 2 races...
just wanted to relay this information.

ZERO
07-27-2012, 01:18 PM
No santa uses code by itself and I do not even have the code for dragon fly. Also what is believed to crash the server for dragonfly is the weapon removal part but there is no weapon removal for santa.

Also you say it is when they start to fly and the only thing that occurs here is the creation of a smoke ent. Virtually all the races create this effect. You never hear of jack clubs crashing the server or any other smoke effect.

Only crashes that can be reproduced in the test server will be accepted as known crashes.

The only thing that can crash the server is destroying the wrong entity and that is everything from smoke to weapons.

The only possible time it could glitch is on player disconnect or round end but these were tested extensively in the test server without issue. If you can find a crash glitch relating to those conditions I can make a patch.

CYBER
07-27-2012, 02:00 PM
on a side note, i think it was Tom who told me the server crashed as soon as he threw a santa grenade seconds within round start time. Now it all could be coincidence, but im relaying every senario that is happening.
How does your "grenade spawning" work?
bcos i see that, if u have a grenade picked up on floor the round end, and u have ur presents skill at 5, then you would expect to have the grenades stack up to 6 grenades, but instead, the old grenade is being replaced by the new 5? or do u just add 5 to it?
makes me wonder what happens if a user was holding a grenade from the round before, and is already left click-holding (as in ready to be released) when the next round start, would the player still be referencing the old grenade entity from last round that is being replaced by the new grenades? or am i not even close?

that would fall under "weapon removal" problem, like dragonfly right?
just brainstorming here:D

ZERO
07-27-2012, 04:39 PM
The player actually only has 1 nade. We just change the ammo count.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Spawn actions will now occur when switching from no race while alive

CYBER
07-28-2012, 08:34 PM
hey zero?
this is just my opinion, but can u REDUCE the graphics on santa?...
the train should be thinner and more transparent, so should the grenades...

i mean with all due respect but u can barely see ANYTHING on ur screen when u throw a grenade or fly, or teammate near u does the same...
its really obstructing the view and hiding enemies in the graphics... when they can see u clear as day...
please and thank u ?

maynard
07-28-2012, 08:38 PM
hey zero?

i mean with all due respect but u can barely see ANYTHING on ur screen when u throw a grenade or fly, or teammate near u does the same...
its really obstructing the view and hiding enemies in the graphics... when they can see u clear as day...
please and thank u ?

....lawl

StarsMine
07-28-2012, 09:04 PM
I learned backpedaling does not help when playing santa. You just get snow in your face.

ZERO
07-29-2012, 04:22 PM

Updated code to force ent destruction on round end for snow
Updated code with new stock functions, improved readability by replacing 60 lines with 20 (33% reduction)
Reduced number of required timers by creating a stock function to destroy an ent with no delay

Spasm
08-01-2012, 10:15 AM
hey zero?

please and thank u ?

I agree, its over the top and needs less snow or something

HypeRNT
08-12-2012, 03:54 PM
any chance to add a timer to the flying races so that they cant fly for ever in the sky? I mean like 30 seconds of time once activated would be fair? Just noticing alot of people don't like to even shoot with dragon fly or Santa but fly around until they are the last ones left, simple timer can fix that making it less time consuming and players with it more effective? Just a thought.

Also adding a 5 second timer after the round has started would be a huge plus to races that have fly ults, would help stabilize the environment in which we play so that alot of key areas aren't being taken over before the other team can defend them, or objectives being planted before the other team can even cover the bombsite, simple few extra seconds can prevent this and help the maps be more stable.

Would it be possible zero?

CYBER
08-12-2012, 04:00 PM
any chance to add a timer to the flying races so that they cant fly for ever in the sky? I mean like 30 seconds of time once activated would be fair? Just noticing alot of people don't like to even shoot with dragon fly or Santa but fly around until they are the last ones left, simple timer can fix that making it less time consuming and players with it more effective? Just a thought. Also adding a 5 second timer after the round has started would be a huge plus to races that have fly ults, would help stabilize the environment in which we play so that alot of key areas aren't being taken over before the other team can defend them, or objectives being planted before the other team can even cover the bombsite, simple few extra seconds can prevent this and help the maps be more stable.Would it be possible zero?I dnt mind first request. No to the second.

HypeRNT
08-12-2012, 04:14 PM
I dnt mind first request. No to the second.

Would you mind posting your reasoning on why not for the 2nd? i see no negatives for it and all positives.

CYBER
08-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Would you mind posting your reasoning on why not for the 2nd? i see no negatives for it and all positives.Unlike vagas spideys jacks etc, flying races rely more on strategy than just pure speed and agressiveness. When ur base can be instantly reached by the former mentionned enemies, a dragonfly or santa's strength loes in being able to LOSE the enemy if embushed, not to attack. Keep in mid that flying races have relatively mediocre skills, they rely on being able to move around fast, do their damage, and move fast away feom retaliation. Add that to the fact that round spawning is treated the same as revive spawning. When u got killed as a flyer, and about to respawn, ur only way is to immediately fly off and retaliate later than to just be a sitting duck. If u were to respawn as shadow hunter for example u can immediately use invul and wards, while santa or dragon can fly. Delay the fly and the race is fucked. Picture this, when u spawn as flyer, ur main strategy is to immediately flyOut of spawn, to a safe location, u rarely jump 2-3 enemies (unlike a vaga or spidey), u usually aim to find a secure spot out of spawn first and move from there. Delay the fly and these same enemies would have ur base cornered on mOst maps, and by the time ur ult kicks in, u'd have to fly away while dodging speedy and agressive enemies. Again, these enemies have VERY strong skills, name me ONE skill on any flyer race that is considered OP or strong as fuck at least? Nthn. Maybe just santa's leech but it needs to be played smart bcos itLeeches the most damage on kill and not random, so u are better off targetting one at a time. Getting embushed or respawned/camped is going to fuck u up. Tl;dr yes for first part (well, not a es, but i dnt mind if someone did it) because it helps enforcing the no excessive campin rule that delays the game (useless flyersAre the same to me as hiding campers). But i still give a strong no to nerfing the ultimate on flyers by delaying their spawn cooldown. They are fine (and relatively 'weaker' than most races as is). U wanted an explanation. This is mine.

HypeRNT
08-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Unlike vagas spideys jacks etc, flying races rely more on strategy than just pure speed and agressiveness. When ur base can be instantly reached by the former mentionned enemies, a dragonfly or santa's strength loes in being able to LOSE the enemy if embushed, not to attack. Keep in mid that flying races have relatively mediocre skills, they rely on being able to move around fast, do their damage, and move fast away feom retaliation. Add that to the fact that round spawning is treated the same as revive spawning. When u got killed as a flyer, and about to respawn, ur only way is to immediately fly off and retaliate later than to just be a sitting duck. If u were to respawn as shadow hunter for example u can immediately use invul and wards, while santa or dragon can fly. Delay the fly and the race is fucked. Picture this, when u spawn as flyer, ur main strategy is to immediately flyOut of spawn, to a safe location, u rarely jump 2-3 enemies (unlike a vaga or spidey), u usually aim to find a secure spot out of spawn first and move from there. Delay the fly and these same enemies would have ur base cornered on mOst maps, and by the time ur ult kicks in, u'd have to fly away while dodging speedy and agressive enemies. Again, these enemies have VERY strong skills, name me ONE skill on any flyer race that is considered OP or strong as fuck at least? Nthn. Maybe just santa's leech but it needs to be played smart bcos itLeeches the most damage on kill and not random, so u are better off targetting one at a time. Getting embushed or respawned/camped is going to fuck u up. Tl;dr yes for first part (well, not a es, but i dnt mind if someone did it) because it helps enforcing the no excessive campin rule that delays the game (useless flyersAre the same to me as hiding campers). But i still give a strong no to nerfing the ultimate on flyers by delaying their spawn cooldown. They are fine (and relatively 'weaker' than most races as is). U wanted an explanation. This is mine.

These are some very valid points and i agree with some of them. But I was thinking more of a just at the start of the round kinda of delay, more like beast, he has a longer cooldown at the start of the round, then a very short cooldown after that. The reason i suggested this was not because if it was OP or WEAK or anything to do with that, it is currently disrupting the balance of the maps and the 2 sides ct and t. Most of the flying races are very strong without their ult tbh. Santa has some crazy life leech(unfair to undead?) and can survive extra 3-5 seconds without its ult at the start of the round? Its really not that big of a deal to the user as much as it is to the map itself. Its not a drastic change, its just a tweak, a helpfull tweak that would help balance the newly introduced flying races.

Also the timer on the ult should really be a good thing because no reason that some1 should be able to fly for the entire round...... The flying ult is very powerful, disrupts vision, and CRAZY FAST which makes it very hard to hit. Adding a timer so that people don't AFK in the air while holding their D (fly backwards) would be a very nice positive as well as a good strategy to make you think when to use that ult and in which situations.

I want to make this part clear, by no means am i complaining or raging or anything of that sort, this is just a simple nice and calm idea/suggestion that i thought might help improve the balance of things just because the server now has alot of flying races and some ideas to help prevent a star wars space shooter intergalactic warfare, could be useful:icon_mrgreen:.

Chef C Green
09-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Vaga-Santa Glitch: After switching from Vagabond to Santa during a round, it somehow did a fusion of the ultimates... Whenever I went to sleigh, I had the free-flying maneuvering that is typical, but when I stopped, I didn't fall to the ground. Rather I stayed airbourne with by gun out, stuck in place, able to shoot in any plane I landed in. This may be a bond glitch as opposed to the santa because I've seen this interfere with other classes by spawning them in the air, unable to move unless they had a special ultimate. Attached is a short demo of the santa bit either way, hope it helps.

CYBER
09-17-2012, 04:02 PM
Vaga-Santa Glitch: After switching from Vagabond to Santa during a round, it somehow did a fusion of the ultimates... Whenever I went to sleigh, I had the free-flying maneuvering that is typical, but when I stopped, I didn't fall to the ground. Rather I stayed airbourne with by gun out, stuck in place, able to shoot in any plane I landed in. This may be a bond glitch as opposed to the santa because I've seen this interfere with other classes by spawning them in the air, unable to move unless they had a special ultimate. Attached is a short demo of the santa bit either way, hope it helps.

this is not a santa glitch.
its a vaga glitch and this is reproduceable with all flying races like archmage (which i saw myself before but never reported because it's dependent on the vaga-changing-to-other-race-and-getting-stuck-because-they-died-while-teleporting-glitch that has yet to be fixed) ...

basically when u die (or round ends) as vaga mid teleport, u get stuck in place next round, and can only walk if u teleport out of it...
so if u switched for human for example, u;re just stuck there, even if u try to teleport out.
but as far as i read up, the vaga "stuck" mode acts like an athena or nightelf ultimate freezing them in place, and therefore flying races are able to fly OuT of the stuck when using their ultimate, but are still susceptible to the "stuck" event when they stop flying. hence why they freeze mid air.

My only suggestion to zero regarding ALLL these glitches, specially the original ex-vaga getting stuck glitch that forces ppl to either go back on vaga, or to rejoin the server, is the following:
Just before the round ends, whether the vaga died while teleporting or just happened to be teleporting when the round ended, FORCE the player to spawn UNSTUCK of vaga.
i.e at round end, check if the player status was "frozen" or "walking", if frozen, implicitely force the use of the vaga ultimate to get it unstuck in the back end before the next round and/or next race starts.

This is not an issue if the player stayed sa vaga, bcos he can just teleport out of it at start round, but if they changed a race they get fucked over... this happened to me in the scrim... 5 times in a row ...its retarded and useless.

ZERO
09-23-2012, 11:00 PM
Does and or can this occur with Vagalion?

CYBER
09-24-2012, 01:55 AM
Does and or can this occur with Vagalion?yes it does. I was on vagalion the other day and i got this bug with archmage, so im assuming it would have done the same to santa

ZERO
09-24-2012, 08:27 PM
Improvements in code design while working on a new from scratch Dragon Fly will lead to a massive reduction of a few hundred lines of code for santa. A better method for creating the effects that dramatically reduces code has been found and will be released in the next santa update. This method was first avoided to reduce initial development time.

The changes in no way effect stability but do effect performance very slightly and will make the program much easier to read and edit. :wtg:

ZERO
09-24-2012, 08:55 PM

Replaced 20 duplicate code timer based methods with 9 efficient methods of which 5 are timer methods and 4 are reusable effect functions to be called by the timers or the program.

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

btw these changes reduced the compiled size from 37.3kb to 36.2kb

CYBER
10-07-2012, 12:42 AM

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

btw these changes reduced the compiled size from 37.3kb to 36.2kb

can we have a verdict about santa respawn: Sometimes it respawns u where u died, sometimes it respawns u at the beginning of spawn...
and yes, im sure im getting respawned by santas because i usually check playerlist everytime to thank whoever respawned me.

i'll try to get proof soon if possible, but this is heads up that its very confusing as sometimes i would spawn guns blazing (or different race like shadow hunter and drop wards, or void and hope to proc that shit...) and i notice that i used my ammunity/ward/race-choice because i got spawned ALLLL the way across the map, away from the action... and sometimes i would spawn relaxed thinking im gonna be at the beginning of spawn, and i'd be where i died, with someone camping my ass...

k thanks.

ZERO
10-09-2012, 12:02 AM
It always respawns you in spawn. It is impossible for it to teleport you b/c there is no code for teleportation anywhere in the Santa program. The teleportation code is a shit ton of lines and it is not like you can over look that. Not to mention that I never placed that code in any test versions of Santa so it is not as though there could be left over testing code either.

CYBER
10-09-2012, 12:27 AM
hmm... weird. just weird...
i will keep an eye out and post a demo should i ever be 100% sure that it IS santa behind it.
thanks for the update anyway, kudos on the work bud.

What
10-09-2012, 01:04 AM
Are You sure its not a bloodmage reviving you? Since the santa thing takes 6 seconds, and ive seen this with nebula respawns, it will tell you on the screen that so and so is reviving you in 6 seconds only to have you respawn quicker by a bloodmage. From what I can tell the respawn text for the other races seems to override the bloodmage re spawn text.

brett friggin favre
02-05-2013, 01:39 AM
there appears to be a glitch with the nice list resurrection. if i die with a lace and come back via nice list, it says i don't have a lace, but the game functions as if i do (vagas can't tele, etc.)

CYBER
02-05-2013, 01:58 AM
there appears to be a glitch with the nice list resurrection. if i die with a lace and come back via nice list, it says i don't have a lace, but the game functions as if i do (vagas can't tele, etc.) Brett tested this shit on me. And i approve this msg.

brett friggin favre
02-05-2013, 02:19 AM
Brett tested this shit ON me. And i approve this msg.

fixed and don't you ever make that freudian slip ever again you mexican sack of shit, i have standards and one of them is being able to walk up a fence without being compelled to jump over it.

Erdenay
02-05-2013, 03:02 AM
Brett tested his shit in me. And i approve this msg.

Fixed.

ZERO
02-05-2013, 11:13 PM
Santa does not give items, in fact no race does. Therefore it is not possible for a race to cause this glitch.

The item should have been removed on death. There appears to be an issue with the buff or item system where as some events are not being set off for some reason.

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

For example here is my method for respawn:

/*
* RESPAWN CLIENT
* @param client Player to respawn.
* @return True on success, false otherwise.
*/
stock bool:RespawnClient(client)
{
if(Client_IsValid(client, true))
{
if(!IsPlayerAlive(client)&&GetClientTeam(client)>1)
{
War3_SpawnPlayer(client);

PrintHintText(client,"Respwaned");

//Ensure weapons stripped
KnifeOnly(client);

// give them their weapons
for(new s=0;s<10;s++)
{
new String:wep_check[64];
War3_CachedDeadWeaponName(client,s,wep_check,64);
if(!StrEqual(wep_check,"",false) && !StrEqual(wep_check,"weapon_c4") && !StrEqual(wep_check,"weapon_knife"))
{
GivePlayerItem(client,wep_check);
}
}

//give full armor
SetEntProp(client,Prop_Send,"m_ArmorValue",100);

//RESPAWN SUSCESS
return true;
}
return false;
}
return false;
}

brett friggin favre
02-06-2013, 02:12 AM
yeah..whatever you said lol. i was just thinking it's santa because i was able to replicate it easily and i hadn't seen it happen before on any other races.

Passarelli
08-26-2014, 10:21 PM
Please restrict this race to require a minimum of 6 people (non bots) on the server when maxed. This is another race that kills servers.

fast flying races with offensive capabilities when moving (when maxed) should bet set to something like one for every 4 people per team. So 6-8 people playing allows 1 per team, 16 people playing allows 2 per team, and 20 people playing allows 3 per team. The races in this category are Strider Hiryu and Santa.