PDA

View Full Version : question as to rule on something

El Capitan Pie
07-25-2012, 01:29 AM
so I know on the gg server going in and out of game isnt allowed, but on wcs if say I wanted to level vagalion and someone is on it on my team, is it allowed to go spec, switch to the race, tome it with the money I had saved up, then go back to playing on a different race after? I don't expect it's against rules since you actually lose your next spawn money from going into spec that round but just wanted to make sure so i don't get banned for it.

Dj panda
07-25-2012, 07:43 AM
Not against the rules.

DJ_MikeyRevile
07-25-2012, 09:53 AM
should be.

yesterday i watched half the T team move to spec, completely unbalancing the teams then proceeding not to join quick enough to rebalance, this results in players auto team switching, race loss, and bitching. If you cant level a race becuase you are bad or because "they keep whoring it blah blah" tough shit. Id personally categorize this player behavior as "exploiting" in attempts to use the mod (mod in this case being the race there dumping tomes into) in a way it was not meant to be used.

but again, it is not a rule at the moment and therefor should not be enforced.

Sin
07-25-2012, 10:13 AM
Race whores are faggots.

Except me.

Dj panda
07-25-2012, 12:06 PM
I would argue not, if people will whore the race than spec level it, and auto team balance takes 2 rounds if that. It should be Spec changerace tom5 go back to team changerace again, that can be done within 20 secs, not hard. Just because they are bad does not mean they shouldnt be able to use the race, even though teamates will complain a lot about it. This was how it was on the old server too, i dont see this changing.

Assassin
07-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Can't believe I'm saying this...but I agree with Panda...Spec leveling is the only way to do it for most of us because 3-4 people whore it out ...and I'd bet even when they get to 50 on it they will continue to play it...leaving the rest of us in the wind. Also as panda pointed out already (oww again) it should take like 20 seconds max and it takes 2 rds for auto balance to hit...so that shouldn't be a problem..and in fact until mikey said something about it..I had forgotten about it.

Steamer
07-25-2012, 06:11 PM
I don't see how this is too much different than switch to a race after death, spending cash on tomes, then back really fast. Only you go into spec because of race limitations. Don't really see the problem here...

Erdenay
07-25-2012, 10:16 PM
I don't see how this is too much different than switch to a race after death, spending cash on tomes, then back really fast. Only you go into spec because of race limitations. Don't really see the problem here...

This. Mikey's just raging again... Nothing new and nothing to see here. Move along.

maynard
07-25-2012, 10:18 PM
I have no issue with people doing this.

CYBER
07-26-2012, 12:32 PM
I have no issue with people doing this.
this is actually a gd solution for people bitching about leveling a restricted race....
since a race isnt limited in spec, people can level it up nice and easy and play the non restricted races without the constant bitching we've been having about people hogging vagalion or wtvr.
they just need to be fast..

smart captain, and whoever has been doing that before...
surely makes tag teaming a restricted race with a friend to level/play it, seem redundant.

Akoiah
08-02-2012, 11:43 PM
too many vaga whores that cant get kills with anything else, so they play it for hours. makes it hard for everyone to level vagas

brett friggin favre
08-02-2012, 11:44 PM
too many vaga whores that cant get kills with anything else, so they play it for hours. makes it hard for everyone to level vagas

actually the best vaga players, as in, the only ones of any consequence, are also some of the best with many other races. you, sir, are ignorant.

XX0wnsXY
08-02-2012, 11:46 PM
actually the best vaga players are also some of the best with many other races. you, sir, are ignorant.

Vaga isnt easy. I find it has a much higher learning curve. I play it when i just wanna have fun and not care..but to do well with it takes lots of practice.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-02-2012, 11:48 PM
actually the best vaga players, as in, the only ones of any consequence, are also some of the best with many other races. you, sir, are ignorant.

also, some of the worst people with vaga, as in me, are half decent with some of the other races.

Akoiah
08-02-2012, 11:55 PM

whatever you say, boss

Masskid
08-03-2012, 12:09 AM
whatever you say, boss
i would say i'm a pretty good vaga, hell maybe one of the top 10 with it. but dont get me wrong, im just as deadly with a gun :smirk:

Erdenay
08-03-2012, 02:22 AM
Vaga isnt easy. I find it has a much higher learning curve. I play it when i just wanna have fun and not care..but to do well with it takes lots of practice.

This. When I started as vaga, I used to be absolutely horrible... And I'd make jokes about myself too. I used to go 2-20 and etc... As ownsie mentioned, being a great vaga is extremely difficult - it's not easy as it looks.

i would say i'm a pretty good vaga, hell maybe one of the top 10 with it. but dont get me wrong, im just as deadly with a gun :smirk:

Actually, I'm more afraid of you as a vaga than any other race :p I'd say you're in top 5, maybe top 3 vagas.

Chikun
08-03-2012, 08:05 AM
It's easy if you have no-scope or quick-scope skills.

CYBER
08-03-2012, 09:54 AM
top 10 for sure. top 5 , meh:P depends on ur days.

gotta admit though, i like to think that im one of the top vagawhores and i usually fuck people up when im vaga and having a good day. And I easily solo other team's vagas most of the team but u do give me a slightly harder time than most:P kudos.
we both have our moments when we target eachother, but u're definitely top 10.

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

This. When I started as vaga, I used to be absolutely horrible... And I'd make jokes about myself too. I used to go 2-20 and etc... As ownsie mentioned, being a great vaga is extremely difficult - it's not easy as it looks.

dear god you were HORRIBLE when you first started... I remember those "Port" training sessions :P ... and now i hate myself for teaching you how i get my short range kills... u fucking learned my pattern by heart and getting annoying to kill some maps.

Erdenay
08-04-2012, 07:23 AM
dear god you were HORRIBLE when you first started... I remember those "Port" training sessions :P ... and now i hate myself for teaching you how i get my short range kills... u fucking learned my pattern by heart and getting annoying to kill some maps.

Precisely. It did have some to do with my low level as vaga, but I was still really, really bad. Some extremely helpful tips for you + high level + experience can do wonders... But the point is that vaga (for most players) doesn't come all that easy and while it is a very strong class, it takes a very fair amount of skill to play it well.