PDA

View Full Version : other wcs servers....

CYBER
07-31-2012, 06:08 PM
so i just went ahead and played on another wcs server today because i couldnt connect to ibis.

DEAR GOD THEY SUCK!

cons:
- no shortcut for items, u literally have to go shopmenu and through billions of lists to get ur shit.
- the menu system is retarded, sometimes too fast, sometimes delayed, sometimes doesnt open... etc.
- races are over powered as fuck.
- not sure if its a con for most, but for me it is, they actually offer a STARTER RACE (not like human etc... but actual name is STARTER RACE) where u join with a silly race of about lv 20 or something with relatively weak powers (imagine a half-leveled combo of die xonvert and undead) so that u can get kills and buy tomes for other races. (i fucking went ahead and skipped that shit, and played a lv 0 human to lv 9 in 20 minutes, with a positive kdr thank u very much.)
newby bitches, for me, u have to fucking earn ur levels with ur own sweat.
- TOO much graphics for the most stupid shit. very distracrting really... lets hope we dont go that way with the effects new races are being assigned plz?:D
- notification system was stupid, no sounds warning races except a couple, colors for menus were bland...
- everyone muted by default to avoid ghosters, and bitching (ironically its the most populated wcs server i managed to get, 30/32 players)

pros:
- the one thing i liked was that they FORCE u to "auto-join teams" , u cant join a team otherwise, and apparently if you are on restricted races, it automatically throws u to the other team and rebalances, so that ppl dnt conflict teams with same race. so no team stacking intentionally.
- some effects looked cool, in moderation.
- it was nice joining in with a level 0 human and knowing to only level my bash initially, and raping all them flame preds around lol... some ppl called me a hacker once for pre-shooting the corner on italy between appartments and tunnel...-.- .... lesson is : new guys can be players from other servers, better servers.

tl;dr:
i tried different servers by force for wcs, and they fucking SUCK mostly, and i just want to take a second and thank zero for his dedication to make our server one of the best around. and for putting a lot into balance and appeal. so thanks man. and i cant fucking wait to go home and go back to my real wcs place.
ibis for life bitches.

Chikun
07-31-2012, 06:32 PM
I hope you caught herpes you cheating bastard.

CYBER
07-31-2012, 06:38 PM
all ibis servers were down, whore.
plus, its fun to know that the better players are on our servers,
i mean if ME , cyber, lv 9- human, not much of a player, and can cut through those fuckers easily, then i would laugh my ass off if we were ever to be put facing these servers, in a platform supporting us all, community vs community.

Chikun
07-31-2012, 06:44 PM
all ibis servers were down, whore.

But IBIS was waiting for you... :(

Yeah, other servers ain't got shit on Donkey Kong. How many thousands of "different" races did they have? And how little of effort was put into balancing them?

CYBER
07-31-2012, 06:46 PM
But IBIS was waiting for you... :(

Yeah, other servers ain't got shit on Donkey Kong. How many thousands of "different" races did they have? And how little of effort was put into balancing them?
some had only 50, some had 300 some had 600...
some had "custom" races where u just go into custom mode and level a random rance, u call it wtvr u want, and use skill points to level any skills u want mashed up together....
or so i was told in the game... was too low level to try...
but yeah, talk about "fuck that shit..."

ibis wcs is my 1 true home, no matter how much i fucking hate u all.

but yeah,,,, im at university, every ibis server except test and scrim are blocked bcos of the port... :( fml

Chikun
07-31-2012, 06:49 PM
Like the saying goes, "You gotta fuck a 6 to appreciate a 10."

What
07-31-2012, 07:42 PM
Yep. In a multitude of ways these servers are superior to the others out there. Not just the WCS servers but everything else in general. Like responsive admins and frequent debugging. Seems like an odd moment and place for this though....What Ev's

>>>Shots<<<
07-31-2012, 08:37 PM
I've played on other wcs servers, and I must say ibis wcs server is certainly the best. What stands out the most are the races, which are very distinctive and recognizeable, as opposed to some other servers with tons of races but very similar abilities. The visuals effects of the races are also well made. However, like cyber said, we could definitely use a better autobalance system for better gameplay.

Masskid
07-31-2012, 11:20 PM
there are other good WCS servers, but its hard to come by one that is actually busy. i played on one while IBIS servers were down and it was good and great balanced. only problem was they never really had more then 13-15 people on at a time. If you go to a crowded one your gonna have a bad time, they put more end game races if i recall right there was a server that the owner had a custom race.... the race ehh had 1 mil hp 100 cloak 1000k extra dmg 100% of the time, long jump etc etc... Ibis is one of the few that is crowded yet still balanced and fun

ZERO
07-31-2012, 11:32 PM
When were the servers down?

maynard
07-31-2012, 11:32 PM
All Hail WCS-IBIS

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WCS-IBIS

Masskid
08-01-2012, 10:45 AM
When were the servers down?
that CSS update >.> remember zero? i mean you just got done fixing it :D