PDA

View Full Version : wcs controvertial

Outty
08-13-2012, 11:22 PM
Aleko was placing wards ontop of vents and trapping ppl inside of them is this illegal or not

Erdenay
08-13-2012, 11:24 PM
*facepalm*

No, it is not. I told you that around 5 times in the game along with a number of other people - there was nothing controversial and controvertial (?) there.

brett friggin favre
08-13-2012, 11:24 PM
you may not place wards on objectives or block all paths to an objective, except when you place them upon being summoned to such a location.

idk what map you're talking about but if it's not touching an objective, it's perfectly fine.

maynard
08-13-2012, 11:25 PM
placing wards in vents is fine, provided it coincides with the already existing rules that regulate wards.

the only other specific rule regarding vents is that Eye Ra is not allowed 2 summon in them, as glitching can happen.

Erdenay
08-13-2012, 11:26 PM
What he's talking about is cs_assault_2005 and the vents by the back door.

brett friggin favre
08-13-2012, 11:39 PM
What he's talking about is cs_assault_2005 and the vents by the back door.

just make sure it's not ct's warning t spawn within 20 seconds and it's perfectly legal. pretty sure that's been established but hey, might as well be explicit.

Vladninja
08-14-2012, 12:14 AM
A player is own'ing a bunch of noobs is this illegal or not
That's what I read... If there is another path (to the objective) and its not on the objective you are wasting our time.
@dded some warding spots may seem over powered... but this is a good counter race to several other races such as molecule.

Erdenay
08-14-2012, 08:45 AM
just make sure it's not ct's warning t spawn within 20 seconds and it's perfectly legal. pretty sure that's been established but hey, might as well be explicit.

It wasn't, although I would argue that you are allowed to ward by the backdoor since none of the T's actually spawn there and technically it's not T spawn.

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

That's what I read... If there is another path (to the objective) and its not on the objective you are wasting our time.
@dded some warding spots may seem over powered... but this is a good counter race to several other races such as molecule.

That's exactly what I said - and apparently suggesting to go another spot was looked at as blasphemy as T's are SUPPOSED to camp there... :|

lychee
08-14-2012, 09:51 AM
Hello, I was actually playing on the assault map when aleko was warding. The spots he was warding was perfectly legit, but I do not know what time he warded those spots. It may have been within the first 20 seconds that he did ward one part of our spawn. He did ward once at the front ladder, but it is a very close call to the first 20 second rule about warding spawn, so I will not question this. Aleko, as an admin should know better. This is my position about his wards which I thought was fine.