PDA

View Full Version : Hostage killing.

lychee
08-14-2012, 09:59 AM
Hello, this is about killing the hostage as a ct or t. A lot of the times neither the ct or t care about the hostage and kill at least one hostage in order to kill the other opponent. The amount of money lost for killing the hostage should be increased to realize that there is a penalty for killing a hostage. It should be increased to 2000 per hostage, so if the t or ct does not have this then they will go into a negative amount of money. You have to kill 4 hostages before getting kicked when is too much. Anyone else has thoughts about this?

Masskid
08-14-2012, 10:02 AM
1. You make it easy for t's on hostage maps
2. you already lose alot of money
3. you do get kicked for killing enough hosties

lychee
08-14-2012, 10:22 AM
1. You make it easy for t's on hostage maps
2. you already lose alot of money
3. you do get kicked for killing enough hosties

1. how is it making easy for t's? The rules apply to both ct and ts.
2. how much money is alot of money you lose when killing a hostage? can you tell me the amount?
3. You get kicked after killing the 4th hostage, but how many cts or ts is there on each team? Different teammates from t or ct side can kill 2 hostages per round and still win.

Masskid
08-14-2012, 10:42 AM
1. Hiding in hosties = cts getting kicked for trying to kill the terrorist
2. 5580 1shot from degal to the face, 11940 from an AWP to the face, 7900 from scout, 5380 for m4(unsilenced), 5300 from m4(silenced)

now if i'm correct... you're kinda bankrupt at that point >:P

lychee
08-14-2012, 10:51 AM
1. Hiding in hosties = cts getting kicked for trying to kill the terrorist
2. 5580 1shot from degal to the face, 11940 from an AWP to the face, 7900 from scout, 5380 for m4(unsilenced), 5300 from m4(silenced)

now if i'm correct... you're kinda bankrupt at that point >:P

1.You can use a couple of flashbangs and it makes the t a sitting duck if you know they are hiding at hostage spot.
2. You usually spend the money before killing hostages, so you or someone else is already a broke ass. lol.

I feel you are incorrect because most people are broke asses before getting hostages anyways. They have spent money on items, weapons or tomes.

>>>Shots<<<
08-14-2012, 10:54 AM
The hostage killing penalty is already good as it is. There should be no need to waste time modifying the server for this since hostage killing has not been a big issue.

Chef C Green
08-14-2012, 12:13 PM
The hostage killing penalty is already good as it is. There should be no need to waste time modifying the server for this since hostage killing has not been a big issue.

Agreed. It has already been brought up in previous threads that the ability for CT's to save 2 hostages and go to kill the other 2 (in cases where the other 2 are adamantly guarded) is a LEGITIMATE tactic. Adding more to this already tolesome tactic is unbalancing towards the CT's (in addition to the point mentioned by Masskid).

For the arguement of spending money before killing hosties, how is that fair for people who want to save up for more expensive shopitems (scroll, mole, etc.) that still want to be assets to their teammates by using optimal tactics?

For the arguement of killing 2 hosties to avoid the kick from killing 4, you as an admin and regular should realize by now that there are enough official members (ULA's, Admins, clan) that are on the server around the clock. If it becomes a reaccuring problem that interferes with gameplay, it can be taken care of by the senior in charge.

Haven't noticed it being a problem thus far, and therefore should not require a solution at this time...

DJ_MikeyRevile
08-14-2012, 01:02 PM
1. how is it making easy for t's? The rules apply to both ct and ts.
2. how much money is alot of money you lose when killing a hostage? can you tell me the amount?
3. You get kicked after killing the 4th hostage, but how many cts or ts is there on each team? Different teammates from t or ct side can kill 2 hostages per round and still win.

how much money? how about all....

StarsMine
08-14-2012, 01:22 PM
Go backrupt all the time killing the damn people hiding behind the hostages.

Masskid
08-14-2012, 03:02 PM
1.You can use a couple of flashbangs and it makes the t a sitting duck if you know they are hiding at hostage spot.

ok great, they are sitting ducks blind and shit. then what? sit there and watch him? becaues if you shoot him you'll kill the hostie and get kicked.

DJ_MikeyRevile
08-14-2012, 03:05 PM
if a T is clipping in a hostie, remember.. if he shots he will kill the hostie as well.

what is the point of this thread to begin with?

Chikun
08-14-2012, 03:14 PM
This is no longer beating a dead horse, we are riding its skeleton into battle.

DJ_MikeyRevile
08-14-2012, 03:26 PM
This is no longer beating a dead horse, we are riding its skeleton into battle.

Toss me my trusty Bone Clever!

Assassin
08-14-2012, 05:33 PM
Yeah I alrdy lose half of my money when I go after someone hiding in someone else.

brett friggin favre
08-14-2012, 06:22 PM
Toss me my trusty Bone Clever!

+4 str
-2 stam
+3 cleverness

CYBER
08-14-2012, 07:12 PM
hostage killing is fine as is.
nothing needs to be changed.

HypeRNT
08-17-2012, 04:34 AM
Killing hosties is retarded because they are an objective. If you failed to protect them in the first place, why the hell would you be able to get a 2nd chance at winning the round by killing them and making a ct chase you for the rest of the round because he cant do anything else... Take milita for example, the ts will take turns killing the front 2 hosties, so now its not enough that a ct got into the house but now they have to go into the back room were 5500 of ts are camping. Its an objective, you dont see cts getting extra chances at defusing the bomb? If you are a t and you failed to protect the hosties(which is your damn objective in the first place) then you better go kill a ct before he rescues them, its really that simple.

Dj panda
08-17-2012, 04:42 AM
killing them is abou Tactics, now in real life this wouldnt happen but this is just a game, and there and no real Consqeunces besides loosing all your money. Killing the hosties prevents you from buying tomes for that round and such so it does have its harsh backfires on you in wcs.

HypeRNT
08-17-2012, 09:29 AM
killing them is abou Tactics, now in real life this wouldnt happen but this is just a game, and there and no real Consqeunces besides loosing all your money. Killing the hosties prevents you from buying tomes for that round and such so it does have its harsh backfires on you in wcs.

The point is not how many hosties you can kill and get away with, its that it is an OBJECTIVE, you dont see me dropping the bomb onto skybox so that ts cant do their objective and therefor are being forced to hunt camping cts? If we play militia, your job as a t is to GUARD the hosties from cts, not kill them. If im a ct, and i get into the house, and i get to the first 2 hosties, thats my misson accomplished and i get money for it just by getting there,which lets me buy tomes and guns next round therefor gives me xp, if the ts kill them(which they usually do) now im forced to get into their back room(which is really fucking hard) and try to get the last 2 hosties, in which half the time they die anyways because of gunfire meaning now i get no money since there is no hosties and therefor i get no extra xp or guns to buy for my WHOLE TEAM since i cant do an objective that is required of me.

Look at the big picture fellas, not how you can get away with abusing objectives.

lychee
08-17-2012, 09:44 AM
The point is not how many hosties you can kill and get away with, its that it is an OBJECTIVE, you dont see me dropping the bomb onto skybox so that ts cant do their objective and therefor are being forced to hunt camping cts? If we play militia, your job as a t is to GUARD the hosties from cts, not kill them. If im a ct, and i get into the house, and i get to the first 2 hosties, thats my misson accomplished and i get money for it just by getting there,which lets me buy tomes and guns next round therefor gives me xp, if the ts kill them(which they usually do) now im forced to get into their back room(which is really fucking hard) and try to get the last 2 hosties, in which half the time they die anyways because of gunfire meaning now i get no money since there is no hosties and therefor i get no extra xp or guns to buy for my WHOLE TEAM since i cant do an objective that is required of me.

Look at the big picture fellas, not how you can get away with abusing objectives.

Thanks HypeRNT for explaining about the big picture. Ts can kill first two hostages in cs_militia and force the cts to get the two in the garage. Likewise, the cts can rescue the first two hostages and kill the last two, so the objective would be completed, but if this was the case then why have 4 hostages? If I had 8000 and spent all my money, before killing 2 hostages and rescued 2 then our team would still win and everyone would profit for this. This happens quite a bit on cs_militia. My point is a lot of times a hostage is not killed accidentally, but for a purpose, so if you have no money then you should get a negative balance. This applies to ts and cts.

Chikun
08-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Skeleton steeds for everyone.

Chef C Green
08-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Skeleton steeds for everyone.

HUZZAH! :horse:

but if this was the case then why have 4 hostages?

because the map creator put in 4 hosties...? That's like asking why we can't cade with "god items" that can't be moved by zombies on ZMOD. Just because it's in the map, doesn't mean it has to be used... we as a clan load maps onto our servers, and through our rules make them playable to our standards. When cs_militia was made, I doubt they anticipated vagas and Rape-scallions to be hiding in the building...

Sometimes the hosties will favor T's (cs_milita / kill 2 near front to make CT's try harder), sometimes it will favor CT's (cs_office / kill 2 hosties after 2 are rescued to make T's stay vigilant). Just gotta go with the flow :smokin:

maynard
08-17-2012, 03:05 PM
Closed.

This issue is over with and has been clearly stated by Zero in the past that shooting hosties is fine, and the amount of money currently lost is also fine.

ZERO
08-26-2012, 07:13 PM
why is this in the wrong section?