PDA

View Full Version : so.. what do you think?

maynard
08-21-2012, 09:04 PM
What's your opinion on CS GO?

personally for me, I think it's fucking awesome and am really happy with it.

morf
08-21-2012, 09:51 PM
My only complaint is that I prefer the main menu layout and in-game buy menus of css. However, the current menus probably translate great to consoles.

brett friggin favre
08-21-2012, 09:59 PM
there are things i hate about it, but with a few gamebreaking updates, i think i could hate some different things about it over time.

much better than expected, and i'm actually liking it overall.

T3h tyrant
08-21-2012, 10:05 PM
I think this game is great and i really have no complaints. Well worth the money without a doubt in my mind :wtg:

XX0wnsXY
08-21-2012, 11:09 PM
Its fun..but i have gripes..mostly with UI stuff. Overall...not too bad

maynard
08-21-2012, 11:35 PM
meh. don't understand why so many people complain about the new buy menu, it's not hard 2 use by any means and after you use it a bit, it will just become muscle memory like it is for most in CSS.

Chef C Green
08-22-2012, 05:43 AM
Heard a lot about GO pre-release, lot of people not looking forward to it at the time. These reviews are raising my hopes a bit though = ).

Question(s) though:
- Is there any talk of transitioning from CS:S to GO (as far as some of the servers on here) in the next few months?
- Is ZERO going to conquer this new frontier by putting new IBIS servers (perhaps exploring other game types) on GO (If this hasn't been done already?)?
- And lastly, would there be a great deal of coding complications if servers were to migrate towards GO?

As with every new technology, old ones get phased out. I guess I'm looking for opinions on possible transitions to GO (not that I'm for or against it, merely curious :huh:). Hopefully I'm not jumping the gun a bit haha.

maynard
08-22-2012, 06:39 AM
from what I gathered we have no intentions of strait up ditching CSS and doing GO only. we can easily do CSS and GO at the same time.

yes, we already have a GO server. it's a PUB server and our next server will most likely be a GG... but there is no planned date for that 2 happen.

you would be wise 2 get GO and give it a whirl.. cause it's awesome:wtg:

it's far more skillful than CSS... there really is no "spray and pray" in GO... if you hold down the trigger your gun goes ape shit and becomes beyond inaccurate... the game just feels really good.. it looks good... I really have almost nothing negative 2 say about it, and the couple things I do are hardly big issues... so in short... buy it and try it.

Sin
08-22-2012, 06:53 AM
you would be wise 2 get GO and give it a whirl.. cause it's awesome:wtg:

it's far more skillful than CSS... there really is no "spray and pray" in GO... if you hold down the trigger your gun goes ape shit and becomes beyond inaccurate... the game just feels really good.. it looks good... I really have almost nothing negative 2 say about it, and the couple things I do are hardly big issues... so in short... buy it and try it.

That pretty much. I wish they would have left "O" to go to the equipment menu. I was never a clicker when it came to buying shit, but this game kind of forces it. I used to buy so fucking faaaast!

b42b14o2o3o4o5o6 ahhhh could do that shit blind... :(

maynard
08-22-2012, 06:55 AM
you can still use the numbers for your purchases... many of the guns are in the exact same spot... like if I want the P90, b-3-4.

as for the new guns and their spots... well... it wont take long 2 get that shit down.. it will just become muscle memory like it did in CSS.

Sin
08-22-2012, 07:32 AM
Yeah they are mostly in the same spots, but the fact grenades and kevlar/kits are in separate sections, makes it take longer to buy with keys than it does with clicking. I just bound F keys to buy what I need, it's just taking some time to get used to my setup. I uploaded my config to one of these threads.

brett friggin favre
08-22-2012, 09:38 AM
i keep buying fucking decoy nades instead of armor. other than that, no gripes with the menus, yeah they're different but it's no biggie.

Masskid
08-22-2012, 11:07 AM
Do you think its worth the $15 now or should i just wait for a sale to pick it up?

brett friggin favre
08-22-2012, 11:42 AM
What would you prefer, 3 more dollars in your pocket or a couple months of GO? id say for the small amount you'd save on an already cheap game, if you know you're gonna get it eventually, just grab it now so you don't feel left out lol

Masskid
08-22-2012, 12:59 PM
What would you prefer, 3 more dollars in your pocket or a couple months of GO? id say for the small amount you'd save on an already cheap game, if you know you're gonna get it eventually, just grab it now so you don't feel left out lol
i'm a cheap fuck :D

brett friggin favre
08-22-2012, 01:29 PM
i'm a cheap fuck :D

I hear ya and believe me, so am i. I buy my gf's jewelry from newegg to save on shipping and shit. I'd have to say this is worth it though, from what I've seen

Sin
08-22-2012, 02:31 PM
You mean the crackerjack box, Brett.

brett friggin favre
08-22-2012, 03:06 PM
You mean the crackerjack box, Brett.

right, which i also order from newegg.

maynard
08-22-2012, 03:21 PM
Do you think its worth the $15 now or should i just wait for a sale to pick it up?

it's worth it IMO... ive yet 2 see anyone play it, and not like it.

Heretic
08-22-2012, 10:26 PM
It only took a couple of days to get used to the new menu for the most part; I still buy decoy grenade instead of kevlar/helmet sometimes. The graphics are a nice update from CS:S. I'd played that for so long I didn't really pay much attention to how much graphics were updating (ex. Mass Effect 2/3).

I bitch about everything but my only complaints about CS:GO are pretty minor if not entirely insignificant (silencers). I've also found it takes a little getting used to. When I switched from 1.6 to source I felt overpowered and dominated for awhile, this time I felt really fragile but playing DM for awhile, I got used to it pretty well.

p.s. Good god the machine gun is such a headshot machine.

Sin
08-23-2012, 08:03 AM
I've also found it takes a little getting used to. When I switched from 1.6 to source I felt overpowered and dominated for awhile, this time I felt really fragile but playing DM for awhile, I got used to it pretty well.

That pretty much sums it up for me too.

maynard
08-23-2012, 10:56 AM
I haven't hit DM up yet... maybe I should do that.

brett friggin favre
08-23-2012, 12:57 PM
i've been mostly at the top of the boards in my time playing, basically i just use incendiaries as anti-flanking devices, and also controlled short bursts while standing still. also note when you're on t: the first 2 shots for the ak are spot on, don't burst more than 2 from long range, but the galil gets 3-4 shots spot on, so that may currently be the t's rifle of choice. also once the weapons start recoiling, they rise FAST. pay very close attention to the recoil patterns and focus on changing your playstyle accordingly, and you should be golden.

Heretic
08-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Since yesterday night though, I've been having a lot of trouble connecting to servers. The IBIS server has never given me any problems, but a lot of servers it'll sit at trying to connect for a good 5 minutes and then fail, saying "This session is no longer available". It was a different error message when it failed to connect yesterday too.

maynard
08-23-2012, 08:28 PM
Since yesterday night though, I've been having a lot of trouble connecting to servers. The IBIS server has never given me any problems, but a lot of servers it'll sit at trying to connect for a good 5 minutes and then fail, saying "This session is no longer available". It was a different error message when it failed to connect yesterday too.

keep in mind, it's a new game... and games have problems.... also keep in mind it's a Valve new game... so that's like 10 times worse.

Spasm
08-24-2012, 09:20 AM
I won't be playing it for a while, don't want to be trying to play 2 different games at once.

ZERO
08-25-2012, 05:06 PM
Why not, I rotate between cs:s tribes, ns, ns2 beta and cs:go. All of them have very different targeting systems.

CYBER
08-25-2012, 09:36 PM
i just recently started playing better in css ... taking my time to actually aim... going to GO just made me feel useless again...
i think i will stick to trying to keep fixing my gaming style and accuracy...
THEN head to GO and learn there...
played a few rounds, i kept getting killed 8 seconds in ... and i STILL dnt know if i got TKed or killed by enemy bcos of the fucking similar playerskins...

for now, no go for GO.

ZERO
08-26-2012, 01:36 AM
there is no ff in go casual which is what our server runs.

brett friggin favre
08-26-2012, 02:26 AM
i will say on train they do look similar. but if it's good aim you want, GO will pummel that into your skull like no other. it feels the same really, but you need to be much more precise. bring that back to source and you'll be golden.

Decoy
08-26-2012, 11:08 AM
I miss the silencers. I miss sprays too.

emTr0
08-26-2012, 01:33 PM
I don't have much time to jump on right now and haven't gotten a PC since moving, but I'll definitely check it out as soon as I get a chance. :wtg:

maynard
08-26-2012, 05:47 PM
going to GO just made me feel useless again...

that's cause GO is PRO

no noob spray and pray or any of that crap.

zero also said he will be adding sprays 2 our server eventually

BladeTwinSwords
08-26-2012, 06:07 PM
I'm also in the same boat as brett. The Galil/AK are the best T weapons while the FAMAS/AUG dominate CT. I can consistently rank in the Top 3 no problem on Competitive servers.

Spray and pray does not work at all on GO except for maybe the MG's if you know their max recoil pattern.

maynard
08-26-2012, 06:09 PM
Spray and pray does not work at all on GO except for maybe the MG's if you know their max recoil pattern.

ya... and if the target is like 2 feet away lol... I've done mad spray and pray when someone is like 2-3 feet away and still fail 2 kill them... it's awesome.

I love how the game forced you 2 not be a noob in any aspect.... once again...

GO is for PRO's.

B1ackOut
08-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Are autosnipers and awps going to be restricted? I had forgotten how much rape can come out of the barrel of one of those guns.

ZERO
08-26-2012, 09:17 PM
If they turn out to be op. Right now we are keeping everything open and will make changes as needed.

maynard
08-26-2012, 09:28 PM
I think the server is fine as is. not sure what it is.... but I don't see them... nor have felt them be a threat/prob like they often are in CSS.

most people don't use them often and if they do, it seems like it's only once or twice during the course of a map... and just cause they have excess money.

but in the end, I see no reason for them 2 be restricted.

BladeTwinSwords
08-26-2012, 10:41 PM
At 5000, they are deadly but it's easy to kill them with a well placed AK shot.

maynard
08-26-2012, 10:42 PM
yeah... GO really rewards you for making proper shots and not spraying... which is why I love it so God damn much... CSS is great, always will be.... but in terms of skill... CSS is child's play compared 2 GO... that's prob why cyber prefers it:smirk:

B1ackOut
08-27-2012, 11:00 AM
Anyone else much better at go then they are at css? I am pulling off better scores more consistently then I could in css. Could always be people are still getting used to it but hey I'm not complaining.

brett friggin favre
08-27-2012, 11:34 AM
ive found I'm always best with fewer players but yesterday i had a 4 map streak with 6 people total where my score was 80-7. it filters out spray and pray, so those lucky bastards now suck and those who used to take too much time aiming are now owning.

maynard
08-27-2012, 11:46 AM
it filters out spray and pray, so those lucky bastards now suck and those who used to take too much time aiming are now owning.

yeah, I think that's a pretty good explanation... the only gun though I ever sprayed with was the P90 as I am like a master of it's recoil and using it at all ranges.

it's nice now though that all those stupid spray and pray kids just get destroyed lol...