PDA

View Full Version : Evangelione race.

The Pillsbury DoughBoy
08-29-2012, 11:35 PM
all i want to do is throw my 2 cents out and say that it looks a Little bit OP since you could one hit people and you could spawn with a deagle/p90. the level 700 thing IS cool though. just my 2 cents.

Erdenay
08-29-2012, 11:51 PM
I was actually considering posting a thread on the same subject a while back, but I guess I might as well express everything here. I do realize that one of the main goals of the IBIS WCS server is to go back to it's previous state before the crash and restore all the lost content, but I would like to express a few doubts about vagalion. We already have plenty of people complaining all the time (most of them are unfounded, but some do have a point) about the current state, but I can only imagine what a good player will be able to do with Evangelion (I.E. force half of the server to rage quit). While I am all hands for new races, I actually think that there's really no need to reintroduce evangelion back in to the server.

Even assuming there will be item restrictions (no helm, etc.) and it has a level restriction of max level, a race that has long jump same as Jack's, spawns with a P90 and deagle (thus has money to spend on items), has a paralyze skill with a knife that shoots laser, can insta one-hit person, has same evasion as molecule or spiderman and has an ulti that can throw a number of spears which do a huge amount of damage, has a 20 sec cooldown and can easily rape the other team alone.... Is a bit of an overkill. Also, I'm not quite sure, but I've heard from a few people that zero also had plans to improve evangelion's skills - which would make it even more powerful.

From a few recent developments, assuming I understand correctly, we are trying to make the server a bit more new user friendly and a race such Evangelion even with all the current changes would probably make the matters worse. In fact, it is quite likely that even a lot of regulars will consistently quit the server which could possibly leave the server with much less people daily which could eventually lead to the server being pretty much empty. I do realize that some of these matters are hypothetical, but I actually do believe that introducing such a powerful race should be considered really careful as it has a huge potential to almost completely destroy the balance in our server, so I would suggest at least considering of not releasing this race.

BladeTwinSwords
08-30-2012, 12:14 AM
Evangelion will be changed according to ZERO. All I remember him saying was something about a battery supply.

maynard
08-30-2012, 12:27 AM
he told me he wants 2 make the race even more powerful like the actual anime or whatever it comes from.

BladeTwinSwords
08-30-2012, 12:34 AM
he told me he wants 2 make the race even more powerful like the actual anime or whatever it comes from.

I still don't get why people cream their pants over Evangelion. Sure it's a good show but it's NOT the greatest damn anime ever.

maynard
08-30-2012, 12:38 AM
I still don't get why people cream their pants over Evangelion. Sure it's a good show but it's NOT the greatest damn anime ever.

I don't like anime other than Akira and the original Vampire Hunter D... so I dunno

ZERO
08-30-2012, 12:59 AM

Obviously, that would be clannad and hidamari sketch.

>>>Shots<<<
08-30-2012, 01:01 AM
Why complain about a race that hasn't even been released yet? That is, unless, you have played in the old server. You never know until you play the race. Even if it does get bad, there's still rooms for nerfs. The biggest problem is autoteambalance, if it is done properly, races will not be much problem.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-30-2012, 07:20 AM
Why complain about a race that hasn't even been released yet? That is, unless, you have played in the old server. You never know until you play the race. Even if it does get bad, there's still rooms for nerfs. The biggest problem is autoteambalance, if it is done properly, races will not be much problem.

there was zero issues with Eva on the old server. The people who unlocked it saw it more as a trophy than anything, and only brought it out (generally) when someone else did. the crowd we had playing on the old server was so much better as a whole than the one we have now, it's amazing how much things can change. On the old server, we never had race-whores, because in general, people weren't cunts. now though, as soon as eva gets released, i'm sure that some people will play it non-stop, mostly because they're the jackasses who weren't here for the old server.

tl;dr the main problem with Eva, is our current playerbase.

Wolfenstinger
08-30-2012, 07:55 AM
Anyone remember when Eva was broken and all it was really flashy for when you got it was a flashy light show and laser knife?? :D

Hitman
08-30-2012, 08:10 AM
Yup...the good ole days....

Sin
08-30-2012, 08:12 AM
Anyone remember when Eva was broken and all it was really flashy for when you got it was a flashy light show and laser knife?? :D

WTF? Was that Engrish?

Hitman
08-30-2012, 09:17 AM
WTF? Was that Engrish?

Whats engrish? lol

Squirrel
08-30-2012, 10:12 PM
Preash. Speak. Engrish.

Preash!

maynard
08-30-2012, 10:54 PM
Preash. Speak. Engrish.

Preash!

Lawl... shit... that takes me back.

Chikun
08-31-2012, 03:55 PM
Remeber the good old days when Eva wars would empty out the server?

acolyte_to_jippity
08-31-2012, 04:58 PM

but, it wouldn't. there was only 1, MAYBE 2 people who would do that. most people back then weren't cunts.

Steamer
08-31-2012, 05:43 PM
original Vampire Hunter D...

Fuck Yea! Remember the good ole days when... No you don't... You couldn't.

maynard
08-31-2012, 06:02 PM
Fuck Yea! Remember the good ole days when... No you don't... You couldn't.

.....?

Erdenay
08-31-2012, 06:03 PM

And this along with Acolyte's concerns is what scares me. I have spoken to a few other people and I know that there's a fair amount of people who would support this, but most don't believe (including me) that this could change anything.

Steamer
08-31-2012, 07:10 PM
.....?

Wasn't meant for you lol, except the fuck yea.

maynard
08-31-2012, 07:35 PM
Oh ok... I guess we can continue 2 be friends.

Chikun
08-31-2012, 09:17 PM
but, it wouldn't. there was only 1, MAYBE 2 people who would do that. most people back then weren't cunts.

It's funny how two people have seen two totally different things. Would have been nice to have played when you did. I'm not looking forward to this races' release.

maynard
08-31-2012, 09:35 PM
there were plenty of people who whored it back in the day as it's an easy way 2 always have an nice KDR... that's basically why people play it...

but people on a whole back in those days were a lot nicer and people in general just got along better on the server.

HypeRNT
09-01-2012, 09:04 AM
So basically people are saying this race is so freaking good that it would make people leave the server,keeping it empty? That's pretty ridiculous. Why make a race so strong that it takes no skill to use it? I personally haven't played it so i cant comment on it, but from the people who have, hearing things like that makes me cringe, if its that strong, why not just make 30 races like that so every1 can enjoy? Be better then 1 person enjoying the slaughter while the rest are just food.

acolyte_to_jippity
09-01-2012, 11:36 AM
I personally haven't played it so i cant comment on it,

then don't.

but to answer your question, it belonged on the old server, thus it will exist here. it was a trophy on the old server, capable of sweeping teams easily, yet the VAST majority of players never used it, except to combat someone else on the race. the problem now, is that we have annnoying shits like you, who WILL whore the race. and who WILL use it constantly.

HypeRNT
09-01-2012, 07:04 PM
then don't.

but to answer your question, it belonged on the old server, thus it will exist here. it was a trophy on the old server, capable of sweeping teams easily, yet the VAST majority of players never used it, except to combat someone else on the race. the problem now, is that we have annnoying shits like you, who WILL whore the race. and who WILL use it constantly.

I swear you have to be retarded to post stupid shit like this.... This race was made to sweep teams easily? the fuck does that even mean? Oh ok il only play this race to make sure we dont lose and then get of it? But if some1 stays on it for long periods of time they will get shit for it? You are an idiot buddy, why the hell would you make a race that rocks every1 instantly only to tell people not to play it? Go get some sleep, your weak ass responses have me laughing, do you make an angry face while you attempt to type a response? That's what it feels like every time i see you post something.

Oh i need to make sure i call you annoying, since you know, if i said so it must be true, little shit.

acolyte_to_jippity
09-01-2012, 08:36 PM
I swear you have to be retarded to post stupid shit like this.... This race was made to sweep teams easily? the fuck does that even mean? Oh ok il only play this race to make sure we dont lose and then get of it? But if some1 stays on it for long periods of time they will get shit for it? You are an idiot buddy, why the hell would you make a race that rocks every1 instantly only to tell people not to play it? Go get some sleep, your weak ass responses have me laughing, do you make an angry face while you attempt to type a response? That's what it feels like every time i see you post something.

Oh i need to make sure i call you annoying, since you know, if i said so it must be true, little shit.

can you even comprehend the concept of an honor system? on the old server, there was a pretty-much standing agreement that eva was a trophy. as i've stated before, most people only really played it in response to others playing it. it really is a shame that you're considered one of the regulars on the current server. i'm not telling anyone not to play it. I'm simply saying that people on the old server were, in general, not dicks. and thus, they did not play the ludicrously overpowered race. why? well, this might not make very much sense to you, but those people wanted others to have fun. And the race really could empty out a server if people (like you) whored it. nobody likes being on an empty server.

Blackmage
09-01-2012, 11:32 PM
Time for a "I'm not certain what I'm using English" comment!

It wasn't "so freaking good" it was another "learn to deal with it, but most people are too lazy", like with vaga. Dealing with it is basically, necklace to not get killed outright, then pretend it's a spidey. It, like a number of our races, aren't new player, or lazy player, friendly. However, as most people can tell you, play human/spidey/jack(aka: bash dem down), buy laces, stop these races, stop complaining. We also had stronger all around things. Leach worked better, Shadow hunter couldn't be necklaced, better item selection, ect. Yes, eva IS strong. It's a spidey/Raiden combination (with the graphics of Athena, UGGGGG) with a free P90. It was capable of sweeping teams because, even though some found the server nicer (I agree there were MORE nice people, but I remember more, and worse, "cunts" too, though we also had more interesting people playing, Hitman antics FTW) we still had a good amount of lazy people. And people who would rather try to bull through with a losing strategy than try something useful. Just remember, Molly can sweep teams, Flame Pred can sweep teams, Shadow Hunter can sweep teams, Vagas can sweep teams, Human can sweep teams, Spidey can sweep teams. You just have to know how to stop them.

I will say, one MAJOR problem we had is the people who said "playing eva is a good way to counter eva" when they meant "playing eva is a good way to wipe out the lazy people on the other team and do NOTHING to stop eva" or "I just wanted any excuse to play eva" which is why we saw a lot of eva near the end of Gen 1 WCS. While we DID have some who, for whatever reason thought it was a good counter, most just liked playing the race and getting a good KDR. As Aco said, for most of Gen 1, we didn't see much of it, except for lulz players (YAY PROG KNIFE), people experimenting with it, or, prior to the 80 max, getting it to 40 to max, something that took a few hours, and the occasional troll, both fun and malicious. I'm not sure if Aco stopped playing near the end, or just wasn't on at the right times, because Eva wars were NOT uncommon by the end. And it wasn't just one or two people, there were a number of them, many who have, thankfully, moved on.

On a lighter note, anyone else who remembers Prog knife fights on Hang Em High, say "I". :P Ah, empty server late at night, how I really don't miss thee.

Also, one side effect of the level cap, if Eva is still 80 to max, is the players who will be trying to max the race to be on the "my penis is larger" board. Er, I mean wcstop10.

acolyte_to_jippity
09-02-2012, 12:30 AM
On a lighter note, anyone else who remembers Prog knife fights on Hang Em High, say "I". :P Ah, empty server late at night, how I really don't miss thee.

i remember those. or, at least i remember being there, and getting shittons of kills with the old (amazing) human while you all were busy fucking around with the shiny knives haha.

Suprise Butsexz
09-03-2012, 09:53 AM
Also, one side effect of the level cap, if Eva is still 80 to max, is the players who will be trying to max the race to be on the "my penis is larger" board. Er, I mean wcstop10.

The better to "suprise" you with :)

Steamer
09-03-2012, 01:12 PM
You forgot that voids can sweep teams on occasion as well. Trolol.

Wolfenstinger
09-03-2012, 01:47 PM
+200 dmg ulti
+??? dmg on hit
+??% evade
+??% to bash
+LJ
+P90 / Deagle for free
+Prog Knife

I remember NOTHING being OP about this. Now excuse me while I go cry in a corner because the ultimate just 1 shotted me as I was teleing around as a vagalion.
fuckin ulti spammers...

Squirrel
09-03-2012, 07:15 PM
Lawl... shit... that takes me back.

Bring back, bring... Nevermind, we won't go there. :lmao:
<3 Maynard, Preash.

acolyte_to_jippity
09-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Bring back, bring... Nevermind, we won't go there. :lmao:
<3 Maynard, Preash.

^_^

where does he lie?

Squirrel
09-03-2012, 11:24 PM
^_^

where does he lie?

I don't think I should say. :O
I like playing on the WCS server, and would like to be able to keep playing.
Bladetwinswords might know where he lies. ;D

maynard
09-04-2012, 01:34 AM
shut up aco!