PDA

View Full Version : NoisyPuppet is making up Rules once again

ronnie
09-01-2012, 11:14 AM
He was once temporarily banned by Spasm for arguing and disrespecting an admin when Spasm was clarifying the rules and NoisyPuppet was making up the rules about time limit.

He's trying to enforce his own rules again. It'll happen within the first 8 rounds. I wonder which rule he broke when he just told Zero to suck his dick...

ftp://174.36.201.114:22/auto-20120901-114250-de_dolls.dem

Original post:

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/9754-spasm-ibis.A-breaking-rules-then-banning-when-called-out-on-it./page3?highlight=noisypuppet

From maynard:

"it's funny you keep going on about how the rules and protocol need 2 be followed.. yet you flat out refuse 2 follow our rules and protocol for admin abuse which clearly states proof is needed.... I find it funny how you cherry pick what rules you feel like following.

buck up, or don't be surprised when you get banned next."

ronnie
09-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Here is the demo uploaded. Let me find the ticks. Tick: 22000

The previous map was actually the map he was making up the rules. Let me find it.

ronnie
09-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Death Cooking. Tick: 45000

Making up time limit rules.

Thanks for being patient. I'm still learning how to post demos correctly :)

noisypuppet
09-01-2012, 12:04 PM
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/2240-WCS-Rules

give these a read. rule 4 is the one that says you must do objective and that camping is not allowed.
i have been mistaken before about the rules because of a discrepancy between admins.
and a lack of list of rules on the game.

sorry zero spoke without thinking on that one comment tho.

acolyte_to_jippity
09-01-2012, 12:12 PM
where in rule 4 does the number "1:30" come up...anywhere?

you are making that value up. you cannot deny that.

>>>Shots<<<
09-01-2012, 12:15 PM
1) Identifying where to Post

Before you even begin writing a thread, you need to identify what's your purpose (going back to English 101 -,-). Example: If you believe a player is hacking, this is a PERMANENT Ban offence on IBIS servers and should be posted in the PERMA Ban section (Read THIS (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/6846-READ-ME-(How-to-post-threads)) and post HERE (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/75-User-Perma-Ban-Request)). If you believe and admin is abusing his powers, it goes in the ADMIN Abuse section (Read THIS (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/156-READ-THIS!-How-to-report-Abuse) and post HERE (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/7-Admin-Abuse)). If you believe a player should be banned for a certain amount of time, post in the BAN section (Read THIS (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/6847-READ-ME-(How-to-post-threads)) and post HERE (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/74-User-Temp-Ban-Requests)). And lastly, if you are trying to get unbanned, post in the UNBAN Me section (Read THIS (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/238-Format-for-unban-requests) and post HERE (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/8-Unban-Me)). Once you identify the purpose, use that to identify WHERE you should be posting...

NEVER should you post threads complaining about other players in ANY OTHER SECTIONS (We will simply not care, potentially lawl you, and tell you to re-post in appropriate section).

This thread should belong in the user temp ban section. PS: I am also amazed by NoisyPuppet's inability to learn his lesson from his last ban and continue to make up the 1:30 rule, people should keep in mind that it's not as easy to do objective when you're not playing a flying race on maps like deathcooking as opposed to other maps.

brett friggin favre
09-01-2012, 12:27 PM
quit making shit up noisy. there is no set time limit, and some races are meant for camping. as long as the objective is attempted at some point, it is perfectly fine.

warned directly not to disrespect admins, told me to suck his dick...banned. http://www.ibisgaming.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:1:52487641&advType=steamid&Submit

next time it'll be longer.

Carmichal
09-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Edit nvm

noisypuppet
09-01-2012, 12:50 PM
you guys are under the impression that im making up this rule.
i was told this rule by a number of admins (3-4 i believe) before i found the actual rule list.

after finding the real rules i believed them too.
but just now brett frave informed me that those rules aren't valid because some classes work better when camping.

i hope sometime in the near future the wcs server could have a real rules list so i don't get caught up in arguments over what the rules are.

end sarcasm*

i dont care for this.
i've heard something different from just about every admin there is.
when the admins don't even know what rules you guys want enforced how are the players supposed to follow those rules too?

how can you not foresee arguments about rules when you dont even have a real rules list?

this level of unprofessional behavior is just obscenely juvenile even tho my arguing and forcing admin to ban me through provocation could be viewed the same way i jest.

im not going to return. you depress me with your lack of structure and unorganized dysfunctional chaotic ruling of some random number of admins who don't know what rules are what.

i will say the forums are the one place you demand proper structure.

brett friggin favre
09-01-2012, 01:04 PM
good luck finding more organization elsewhere. and the rule against camping isn't as explicit as it should be i suppose but it assumes you have common sense. the objective must be respected. camping to the point where you do not do the objective is not allowed. however as long as it is attempted, you're golden. you don't need to bull rush the objective as you seem to think. don't blame your own stupidity on us, we didn't raise you.

Erdenay
09-01-2012, 01:15 PM
where in rule 4 does the number "1:30" come up...anywhere?

you are making that value up. you cannot deny that.

But is is clearly written... On his monitor with a pen.

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

you guys are under the impression that im making up this rule.
i was told this rule by a number of admins (3-4 i believe) before i found the actual rule list.

after finding the real rules i believed them too.
but just now brett frave informed me that those rules aren't valid because some classes work better when camping.

i hope sometime in the near future the wcs server could have a real rules list so i don't get caught up in arguments over what the rules are.

end sarcasm*

i dont care for this.
i've heard something different from just about every admin there is.
when the admins don't even know what rules you guys want enforced how are the players supposed to follow those rules too?

how can you not foresee arguments about rules when you dont even have a real rules list?

this level of unprofessional behavior is just obscenely juvenile even tho my arguing and forcing admin to ban me through provocation could be viewed the same way i jest.

im not going to return. you depress me with your lack of structure and unorganized dysfunctional chaotic ruling of some random number of admins who don't know what rules are what.

i will say the forums are the one place you demand proper structure.

Why don't you actually provide some evidence about what you say? If admins are making up rules, we do look at this quite seriously, so post a demo and things will be dealt with instead of crying about your inability to make up rules that don't exist and then quitting because it's the easy way out.

maynard
09-01-2012, 01:51 PM
im not going to return.

I'll inform CNN.

Steamer
09-01-2012, 02:50 PM
"4. The objective must be respected and completed. camping is not allowed."

Clearly... the rules state camping isn't allowed at all... Trolololol... :icon_mrgreen:

Camping is a part of CS:S, it makes and breaks the game. Maybe those last four word's should be stricken out. To be completed, players would have to give up camping sooner or later and we know how to deal with that when we for sure know they aren't gonna complete them. This is CS:S, camping = legit strategy. You camp too long and strategy is blown and time is wasted and that is just fucking stupid.

maynard
09-01-2012, 03:29 PM
that rule has been explained many times. if people don't get it yet, they have no one but themselves 2 blame. the wording will change in the rule re-vamp, but just the same, there's zero reason for any one 2 not understand that rule at this point anymore... it's been treated the same since day one and explained several times.

Steamer
09-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Just pulling strings. ^_^

maynard
09-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Just pulling strings. ^_^

one day I will be a real boy!

Akoiah
09-01-2012, 08:33 PM
I just wanted to say that noisypuppet is right about admins confusing the players. Many different admins say different things about the rules. I personally have heard various admins say that you have to start doing objective with 1:45 left to go in the game. Maynard, can I suggest that you go through the rules with all the admins to make sure everyone is on the same page? There are definitely admins enforcing different variations on rules. This ESPECIALLY applies to admins who are usually on the other ibis servers, and only sometimes come on the wcs server.

Blackmage
09-02-2012, 12:09 AM
What we really need is !rules or something that works in game, so regulars (and admins) have no excuse for not knowing them. But seriously, people should know the rules, and know that there is virtually ALWAYS someone senior to the admin on if you have questions or something seems wrong. If Cyber says something, there's a 99% chance it's right. Maynard's usually somewhere, if not, someone can get in touch with him eventually.

What Erdenay said is correct. If people are making up rules/giving different rulings, make sure it gets known about. Admins are NOT perfect, but we can correct NOTHING unless it's known. When no one calls them on their mistakes, they think they're right and will continue to confuse people.

If you want to argue or talk about a rule, I'm there for that part, if you don't want to make it public :) While you'll probably get very little changed in most cases (look at my track record :P) there are legitimate things that need to be asked or clarified.

Also, to quote maynard

ill be doing a re-vamp on the rules in the coming weeks, where rules will be extended and go into more detail 2 help clarify things overall and cause less confusion in the end.

4 Days ago, Here (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/2240-WCS-Rules?p=143839#post143839)

XX0wnsXY
09-02-2012, 12:16 AM
I would like a list of these admins who keep making this shit up...wtf. In noisys case, he was directly corrected om this subject before and still failed to understand. Facepalm

HypeRNT
09-02-2012, 12:41 AM
I think that you guys are being a little to lenient to this rule in terms of the rule itself. The rule clearly states no camping, and yes there is different definitions of camping and different variables that reflect your decision to either sit back or push but at the same time, we aren't little kids who have bad judgement, nor are we noobs when it comes to these things, we know what we have to do, and when it needs to be done.

I think if there was an actual timer, that you would have to do your objective by, it would make it alot easier to defy what this *camper* rule really represents, would be alot less confusion and alot more direct rulings. Im really not a fan of campers myself, because they always try to push limits of these rules, and honestly, never really attempt the objective anyways. Just because a person dies near the bombsite or near the hosties, with 20 seconds left, i don't really call that "attempting the objective", id rather call this a waste of peoples time.

In wcs, we have items to boost our speed, moles to hop from spwn to spwn, flying races, teleports, there really should be no reason for a person to be sitting alone with 20 seconds left only to try to suicide rush near the objective. You have more then enough time to do what you need. Even playing "CAMPING" races like eye ra, you can get 2 ults down and still have what 1minute+ to do your objective, really no excuse to wait any more then that.

Now this person broke the rules, or at least a part of them and should definitely be punished, and by no means am i defending him, just trying to get a better feel for what these rules do or should represent in terms of a WCS MOD server.

maynard
09-02-2012, 12:43 AM
the rule no camping is the same as it's always been in GG. camping is fine, provided you're not prolonging the round by doing it.

failure 2 complete the objective in the allotted time will be seen as not doing the objective... as it's always been.

CYBER
09-02-2012, 09:47 AM
If Cyber says something, there's a 99% chance it's right. Maynard's usually somewhere, if not, someone can get in touch with him eventually.

thanks for the compliment and all, but i cant take credit for that. The main difference between myself and most admins is that not only did I read the rules, but when I am confused or torn between very specific cases, I use LOGIC, and offer TEMP SOLUTIONS if maynard is not on (which is VERY rare considering that fucker is an insomniac).
And about 90% of my answers are questions I actually took the time of day to ask maynard, one by one (poor fucker) and LEARNED just in the event i got asked these...
Other admins offer solutions sometimes but fail to say that it's a temp solution for a current problem and not the permanent solution when they lack and answer...

Any admin can do that, the problem is simply the lack of initiative to ASK. It's like they get a testosterone thrill (no offence owns) just for being able to enforce a rule they're not even sure of, instead of asking...

tl;dr:
Yes maynard is the Go to guy for wcs, if not ZERO, or ME or clan(and me and maynard are almost on at completely opposite times of the day, so it works out. )
but 1 thing is for sure, if i answered your case, it would be either 99% chance it's a pre-answered question by maynard that i conveniently asked before, or the very rare 1% chance that im offering a TEMPORARY solution, which i clearly state until maynard shows up.

brett friggin favre
09-02-2012, 11:11 AM
if cyber was right 99% of the time, logic dictates that 99% of the players here would be banned for hacking.

<3 brah

Steamer
09-02-2012, 02:57 PM
if cyber was right 99% of the time, logic dictates that 99% of the players here would be banned for hacking.

<3 brah

Trolololol....

Spasm
09-02-2012, 03:33 PM
I would like a list of these admins who keep making this shit up...wtf. In noisys case, he was directly corrected om this subject before and still failed to understand. Facepalm

This... The dude from what I have been told has a past being like this. The admins making up this time limit needs to be reported so they can be informed on how things are supposed to be work.

CYBER
09-02-2012, 05:38 PM
[QUOTE=brett friggin favre;144157]if cyber was right 99% of the time, logic dictates that 99% of the players here would be banned for hacking.

maynard
09-02-2012, 06:25 PM
I want a clan race that adds +ban 2 bullets.... that would be awesome.

brett friggin favre
09-02-2012, 06:27 PM
QUOTE=brett friggin favre;144157| if cyber was right 99% of the time, logic dictates that 99% of the players here would be banned for hacking."

another riveting post from cyber

CYBER
09-02-2012, 07:42 PM
another riveting post from cyberFucking piece of shit iphone delete half my post-.- ... What i meant to do was quote u and say:" and they will be, i cant wait for smac to kick in just so that i sit down and watch and yell 'told u so!!' :smirk:"

Blackmage
09-02-2012, 09:21 PM
That comment was more going for "if he's arguing with another admin, I'd vote Cyber's ruling is the right one". Was trying to continue from the previous sentence. I know I failed that, but I've learned my lesson. Never compliment Cyber, he doesn't like it :)

I shouldn't make posts when I'm tired, but that's when it's most fun.

StarsMine
09-03-2012, 08:33 PM
The 1:30 time limit that has been used is a rule of thumb, not a line that should not be crossed.
rule of thumb =/= a rule. all its there for is to be used as a tool to pay more attention to someone who is still ignoring the objective at that point. But don't force people to charge in head first once that time has been passed that's just stupid.

Grits
09-04-2012, 07:32 AM
He's sooooo annoying. I support a ban :-)

Sin
09-05-2012, 08:35 AM
The 1:30 time limit that has been used is a rule of thumb, not a line that should not be crossed.
rule of thumb =/= a rule. all its there for is to be used as a tool to pay more attention to someone who is still ignoring the objective at that point. But don't force people to charge in head first once that time has been passed that's just stupid.

Sounds like Stars is the culprit here.

DETECTIVE GUMSHOE ON THE CASE!

Erdenay
09-05-2012, 08:43 AM
Sounds like Stars is the culprit here.

DETECTIVE GUMSHOE ON THE CASE!

Drop the hammer? DROP THE BAN HAMMER!

Akoiah
09-12-2012, 10:22 PM
ok so I just verified this with tom, but i want to be very sure. is it true that you can kill 2 hostages as a terrorist in order to force the ct's to get the other two? as long as you dont kill all 4 of them.(militia for example). if this is true, then i want to point out that .:Paper:. (the new admin) is spreading around the idea that you absolutely cannot kill hostages.

maynard
09-12-2012, 11:33 PM
ok so I just verified this with tom, but i want to be very sure. is it true that you can kill 2 hostages as a terrorist in order to force the ct's to get the other two? as long as you dont kill all 4 of them.(militia for example). if this is true, then i want to point out that .:Paper:. (the new admin) is spreading around the idea that you absolutely cannot kill hostages.

yes you can.

Akoiah
09-13-2012, 01:37 AM
ok then. thought so. see this is what i mean when i say there are admins out there that are giving players wrong rules. i know that Paper is a regular of the gungame server, but rarely comes to wcs, so he does not know the rules as well as say tom, aleko, or cyber. this happens more often than you might realize. zombie mod and gungame admins coming in and spreading wrong rules.

P.S. i would've corrected him myself right then and there, but obviously he would not listen to me (a non-admin)

Carmichal
09-13-2012, 02:26 AM
ladiah whats the fuck is wrong with you people :D