PDA

View Full Version : Nade Rule [Vote]

maynard
09-02-2012, 03:10 PM
alright. id love 2 hear every one's opinion regarding what you guys want 2 see happen with the nade rule.

so we have 2 options, we can keep the nade rule as it currently is... which is...

Option 1 - Keep the nade rule the same as it currently is now which allows specialty nades (poison, fire etc.) 2 be used on bombsites and hostage safe zones, but requires the user 2 properly place them so that the objective is still completable and not being obstructed.

Or...

Option 2 - Revert back 2 the original way we had nades set up on the server which was there is no specialty nades allowed on bombsites, or hostage safe zones what so ever.

Spasm
09-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Revert back

Steamer
09-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Opinion 2, Revert:

It would solve a lot of crying. Is the way it was and should be. No more idiot admins / players confusing shit, starting trouble, pushing the rule to its breaking point, and generally just make the situation easier to handle all together as there wouldn't be a situation to begin with.

HypeRNT
09-02-2012, 03:43 PM
Id say keep it just for the hell hunter race, this race is hard to play as it is, and sometimes only playable on few maps, reverting back would even "Nerf" it more as you would have to pick your nade spots even more carefully. Anyways, the fire nades or poison nades don't do any or very little damage, this is just another tactic IMO, same as molecule using his ulty on the bomb.

I know there is few issues with this, but honestly almost never anything major and very uncommon in general that, since hell hunter isn't used on every map.

Dj panda
09-02-2012, 04:37 PM
Revert

What
09-02-2012, 05:29 PM
Its not the damage that matters, the noise you produce when you walk through the smoke and fire, combined with the slow pace you go does make putting this nades on the objective area more unfair than annoying. Question though, does reverting the rule also include nade spam of objectives by santa?

maynard
09-02-2012, 08:51 PM
nade spamming objectives is never allowed.

>>>Shots<<<
09-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Nade rule should be reverted so it does not contradict with rule 12-"There must be a clear path for the opposing team to take towards their objective at all times." I suppose flash nades are fine but smoke nades are not allowed to cover bomb site?

Blackmage
09-02-2012, 09:42 PM
I vote for option two, but, as I don't recall how it was handled, how do we deal with the unpredictability of nades? Bouncing off/getting stuck in people/props, odd angles, frozen physics, ect. Do we just treat it as wards and figure if someone is using it, they're responsible for the risk of the radius being larger than they thought, or is there a little more leeway?

Hyper: given the number of them you have, a usual strategy is to simply use them as weak wards and block paths and give an early warning system. Especially the smoke nades, you DON'T want to put those on a site, because people can use them as cover. While I agree it can be a strategy, I'd think using it on the sites would actually be worse for you, wouldn't it?

maynard
09-02-2012, 11:12 PM
yes... it's treated like wards... if you fail.... you've failed.. simple as that... warn/kick/ban.

Erdenay
09-02-2012, 11:38 PM
I think it's clear what the community wants.

Chikun
09-03-2012, 12:01 AM
Keep it simple, keep it stupid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Blackmage
09-03-2012, 12:12 AM
I think it's clear what the community wants.

A figgy pudding and a walrus?

While this is a trend, I do believe our WCS community is SLIGHTLY stronger than 15-20 members :) I will say, it's fairly doubtful this will be a "hot topic" in any case.

HypeRNT
09-03-2012, 12:20 AM
I vote for option two, but, as I don't recall how it was handled, how do we deal with the unpredictability of nades? Bouncing off/getting stuck in people/props, odd angles, frozen physics, ect. Do we just treat it as wards and figure if someone is using it, they're responsible for the risk of the radius being larger than they thought, or is there a little more leeway?

Hyper: given the number of them you have, a usual strategy is to simply use them as weak wards and block paths and give an early warning system. Especially the smoke nades, you DON'T want to put those on a site, because people can use them as cover. While I agree it can be a strategy, I'd think using it on the sites would actually be worse for you, wouldn't it?

Yeah i get it, i was just thinking of everything you just said basically. Think of the race itself, you are sky boxing, nades bounce, hit angles, hit people, you cant be accountable for stuff like this, its not like a ward were you know exactly were you are going to put it, its a thrown object. Now lets say we play dust2, and i go ct, and i throw a smoke by double doors right by the bomb sites doors, what will that be considered? its part of the bomb site.. will any smoke not be allowed into the bombsite area? There is just too many things that are very hard to control.

I honestly don't ever see this being a problem in the first place so this rule vote seems kinda out of line, what we have like 1 or 2 hell hunters playing on a certain map at the most? Honestly i don't think i live long enough to spam the site. Look at it this way, if you see a site with poison smoke/fire, why not just go to a different site? Even if you are a t, the chances of you planting the bomb, and then having time to spam smokes/nades on it is very low.

Even so, by the votes it is clear that im wrong and or over thinking this, and the members have spoken, the rule should be reverted.

maynard
09-03-2012, 12:24 AM
for real? you don't know what a bombsite is? here's a free tip... it's shown directly on the radar marked in yellow...

CYBER
09-03-2012, 12:58 AM
for real? you don't know what a bombsite is? here's a free tip... it's shown directly on the radar marked in yellow...Revert. As long as peopleDont confuse thise with throwing special nadesInto a crackhouse building or italy bottom floor etc...

maynard
09-03-2012, 01:02 AM
Revert. As long as peopleDont confuse thise with throwing special nadesInto a crackhouse building or italy bottom floor etc...

stop making posts on your phone, it makes me want 2 slap you.

acolyte_to_jippity
09-03-2012, 02:02 AM
stop making posts on your phone, it makes me want 2 slap you.

you're telling me that's the only thing which makes you want to slap him?

Masskid
09-03-2012, 02:31 AM
Revert

maynard
09-03-2012, 02:49 AM
you're telling me that's the only thing which makes you want to slap him?

of course not! :icon_mrgreen:

Chef C Green
09-03-2012, 07:44 AM
Revert, less confusion on both admin and player parties, and no need to spell out the nuances of the rule currently in place.

Suprise Butsexz
09-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Revert, less problems easier to enforce.

CYBER
09-03-2012, 10:01 AM
stop making posts on your phone, it makes me want 2 slap you.i dnt have the choice, my computer is dead: memory sticks burned... Waiting on shipment... Also: fuck off whore-biscuit

StarsMine
09-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Revert, However as an admin I will not enforce it if the smoke grenade is touching the side of the bomb site. The range of those things are hard to control. Im thinking of someone trying to smoke the big doors into bombsite B on Dust 2 and gets a bit of smoke on the bomb site. But if it looks like someone threw the grenade into the bombsite, that will get a swift kick in the rear.

Assassin
09-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Revert QFT. You have to be able to get to the objective and diffuse easily when someone else is causing a distraction...then bam...cluck cluck cluck...*random fire* dead.

Steamer
09-03-2012, 01:07 PM
I'm making this post on my phone, but it's from Android, so legit. Looks like a revert win so far.

Wolfenstinger
09-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Revert. Makes no sense to make it vague and exploitable.

Hell Hunter's HE nades + Smoke nades = wards. Flash is OK due to teleporting benefit, despite the sparks can light enemies on fire.

Chikun
09-03-2012, 01:44 PM
I'm making this post on my phone, but it's from Android, so legit. Looks like a revert win so far.

Just to prove a point, so am I. Revert for sure. Zomg proper posting.

Obez
10-28-2012, 10:01 PM
Keep it the same. If you can use molecule on the bomb, why not be able to use a smoke on a bomb? Or use molecule to protect hosties. Why not use smoke to protect them? Fire nade is a no-no but smoke does barely any damage.

Chikun
10-28-2012, 10:37 PM
Nice two month necro broseph. Too bad my laptop doesn't have the picture I want for this.

What
10-28-2012, 11:19 PM
Nice two month necro broseph. Too bad my laptop doesn't have the picture I want for this.

Hey come on, clearly in such a closely contested vote his post matters

Obez
10-29-2012, 08:37 AM
Hey come on, clearly in such a closely contested vote his post matters

Too bad I didn't have an amazing arguement on this :p It was an open vote so I assumed it was still being discussed.

maynard
10-29-2012, 05:45 PM
you can discuss it but the masses have basically spoken, and I agree with the decision 2 change it and avoid having it allowed at all. will just make things simpler and cause less arguments.

ThA_DeAgLiZeR
10-30-2012, 02:02 AM
retweet, too hard to do objective and i get pussy sometimes... :pistols:
hi guys... welcome deaglizer...

acolyte_to_jippity
10-30-2012, 02:34 AM
retweet, too hard to do objective and i get pussy sometimes... :pistols:
hi guys... welcome deaglizer...

oh god damnit. ZERO!! I THINK THE CAPTCHA IS BORKED AGAIN!

brett friggin favre
10-30-2012, 02:49 AM
oh god damnit. ZERO!! I THINK THE CAPTCHA IS BORKED AGAIN!

unfortunately i've seen that guy in-game... -.- looks like the english language is borked again

Carmichal
10-30-2012, 03:34 AM
omg kill it before it reproduces

acolyte_to_jippity
10-30-2012, 03:48 PM
unfortunately i've seen that guy in-game... -.- looks like the english language is borked again

and?
that doens't mean he would be able to beat a non-broken captcha

SCRIBBLE
10-30-2012, 08:25 PM
that doens't mean he would be able to beat a non-broken captcha Ha.Burn it with fire.

brett friggin favre
10-30-2012, 11:52 PM
might i add that while the wcs rules don't disallow nades on objectives currently, the server rules do

maynard
11-04-2012, 10:48 PM
The nade rule reversal change will be added within a week or so along with a few other things. will be updating the rules in parts after that as time goes on.

as already stated, the server rules regarding smoke nades on an objective do not matter on WCS, as it has it's own rule set regarding nades and till the rule is changed, it's ok as it's been for quite some time provided the person doing it is not fully blocking the objective.