PDA

View Full Version : The Great Reprogram

ZERO
09-26-2012, 10:41 PM
With the new version of Dragon Fly released this is the start of the next big step for the WCS server, The Great Reprogram. 100% of all the races will be recoded mostly from scratch and or have huge optimizations done to their existing code. In the case of the races that were not 100% programed by me I will largely not even be looking at the existing code but instead the original code from the pre OB server. The races will be made to function and look more closely with the original server. Some races may be having skills reworked. Some races may get new or reworked effects. What all races will get is a major performance and stability improvement. The final goal of this great reprogram is to make the wcs server as error free as reasonably possible, dramatically improving performance and reducing crashes. After all the races are done the Great Reprogram will finish off with a big update to the war3 base followed by a custom recode of almost all of its engine components to finalize the optimizations and open the doors for new races!

maynard
09-26-2012, 11:06 PM
The final goal of this great reprogram is to make the wcs server as error free as reasonably possible, dramatically improving performance and reducing crashes.

That's sexy.

Chef C Green
09-27-2012, 09:08 AM
And so it begins...

Don't envy that job ZERO >.<, mighty big task ahead of ya, but GL :wtg:
Do you know if this will be an incremental release where races are released one at a time, or a full transfer when you're done? Both would be fun imho, though I must admit I'm anxious...

ZERO
09-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Each race will release 1 at a time in order.

brett friggin favre
09-27-2012, 01:22 PM
here, play this in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X5ZOEp9his

Erdenay
09-27-2012, 07:17 PM
You are my hero.

XX0wnsXY
09-27-2012, 11:28 PM
This is amazing. Hope it goes as smoothly as possible.