PDA

View Full Version : CS:S Pub is dying, don't let it!

WeApOn
10-03-2012, 09:07 AM
Having played on the IBIS CS:S Pub server for about 5 years, it's depressing to see it devoid of players just about every night.

I know CS:Go being released probably had a good deal to do with that, but I'd hate to see this server shut down from inactivity. For years, it was full almost all the time, hard to get a spot without having a reserve slot. Now, it's hard to find a time when there's more than just one other player on it.

I can easily say that out of any multiplayer game I've ever played -- this server is by far the one I've spent the longest time on.

Don't let it die.

brett friggin favre
10-03-2012, 01:42 PM
the fuck you want us to do, hire people to play on it? get your friends, get on, and play.

ZERO
10-03-2012, 03:20 PM
I was on for a few hours today while steam friends was down. We had a few people in there after I played against bots for the first few min. Never got above 3v3 though

Spasm
10-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Berween GO, GW2, and school starting back we have really lost a lot of people.

What
10-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Yeah WCS has been slow recentley too, but that seems to happen around every new big title release and then it comes back. I'm sure school and/or work is hurting it too. It still gets up there, but just not all the time. Overall nothing to worry bout yet.

CYBER
10-03-2012, 10:01 PM
wait it out. this shit happens all the time...
whether it;s a new game, some hollidays, school start, school ending + summer beginning etc...
even wcs is a bit slow, but YOU make ur own crowd.

instead of just sitting outside, get in the server, play a bit with the bots for a good 10 mins (heck u might even improve ur aim and kdr against those morons) .
People will look at the server later , see "mmm 3 ppl, i guess they could use a 4th guy to balance"
then someone goes " ooh, 4 ppl, i wonder who's on"
etc etc and then u have " fuck yeah, 8 ppl on, lets rock this shit!"
annnndd " goddamnit, i cant join with my reserve slot..."

just wait it out. talk to friends and join the server AT THE SAME TIME, specially at late hours, bcos that boosts the attractiveness of a server when more ppl are on...

Assassin
10-03-2012, 11:29 PM
wait it out. this shit happens all the time...
whether it;s a new game, some hollidays, school start, school ending + summer beginning etc...
even wcs is a bit slow, but YOU make ur own crowd.

instead of just sitting outside, get in the server, play a bit with the bots for a good 10 mins (heck u might even improve ur aim and kdr against those morons) .
People will look at the server later , see "mmm 3 ppl, i guess they could use a 4th guy to balance"
then someone goes " ooh, 4 ppl, i wonder who's on"
etc etc and then u have " fuck yeah, 8 ppl on, lets rock this shit!"
annnndd " goddamnit, i cant join with my reserve slot..."

just wait it out. talk to friends and join the server AT THE SAME TIME, specially at late hours, bcos that boosts the attractiveness of a server when more ppl are on...

The dirty mexican is right.

ricochet
11-04-2012, 02:12 PM
It goes dead every September. All the kiddies go back to school and don't/can't play till the wee hours of the morning.

CYBER
11-05-2012, 10:01 PM
It goes dead every September. All the kiddies go back to school and don't/can't play till the wee hours of the morning.
it just occurred to me that the girl in your avatar could be in her 30s right now...
I wonder how she looks like now... mmmm...

maynard
11-06-2012, 04:55 AM
it just occurred to me that the girl in your avatar could be in her 30s right now...
I wonder how she looks like now... mmmm...

her name is "shay laren", find out for yourself.

Firefly
12-01-2012, 03:22 PM
What friends? LOL

What about a scrim group, or group night(s), or some kinda scheduled activities. I suggested a FRI fun night that was met w/ mixed reviews, due to serious players on server. Maybe scrim would appeal to them.

CYBER
12-02-2012, 06:04 PM
how about we turn pub into an open hacking server???
That's pretty much all that it is these days...

I don't bother going there anymore just because of how paranoid I get at the number of hackers uncaught there, just lurking in the top ranks... -.-
(when the #1 ranked player in pub for a long time gets banned by you for obvious hacks? yeah... u lose hope)

ZERO
12-03-2012, 07:17 PM
Maybe what we do need is for these hackers to get cleaned out so we can have people actually play on there again.

CYBER
12-03-2012, 08:03 PM
Maybe what we do need is for these hackers to get cleaned out so we can have people actually play on there again. Commence the short straw selection! Not but seriously, brett and i drop in pub once in a while and get ppl banned, or watched at least. But i guess it's just not as fun after u've played wcs

brett friggin favre
12-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Commence the short straw selection! Not but seriously, brett and i drop in pub once in a while and get ppl banned, or watched at least. But i guess it's just not as fun after u've played wcs

i did when there were actually players in there. every time i look now it's just the bots.

XX0wnsXY
12-04-2012, 01:34 AM
i did when there were actually players in there. every time i look now it's just the bots.

Same here. I check errrryday

Carmichal
05-07-2013, 12:49 AM
once in a while and get ppl banned, or watched at least. But i guess it's just not as fun after u've played

go away!!!

We want gimp bot!!!

Hitman
05-07-2013, 10:50 PM

This sums it up!

Chikun
05-08-2013, 02:07 AM
I was gonna... But the post was already deleted and was a bot so now this gets bumped again.

Rapedollar$
05-10-2013, 09:54 PM
lol zero edits are the best-o

Rage
05-20-2013, 01:28 AM
Maybe what we do need is for these hackers to get cleaned out so we can have people actually play on there again.

I earned my #1 rank by fair play

Rustler of jimmies
07-24-2013, 09:16 PM
The solution to keep it from dying is to feed the server.
Tell all the boys and girls of css to come join.
If not, then this server will end up dead as usual.
Hm, don't see any other solution here besides the community working together.

What
07-25-2013, 03:51 PM
The solution to keep it from dying is to feed the server.
Tell all the boys and girls of css to come join.
If not, then this server will end up dead as usual.
Hm, don't see any other solution here besides the community working together.

You necroing son of a bitch!

Rustler of jimmies
07-27-2013, 06:21 PM
You necroing son of a bitch!
Heh picsemirelated

What
07-27-2013, 07:34 PM
Dude what the fuck is wrong with you, for fucks sake gtfo and never come back.

Clip
07-29-2013, 07:31 PM
Css die due to csg thats funny lol but stranger things have happened

Carmichal
07-30-2013, 02:45 AM
Css die due to csg thats funny lol but stranger things have happened

stop posting useless bs you fucking cunt.

Hitman
07-30-2013, 09:53 AM
Closed.