PDA

View Full Version : Time for a new game

ZERO
10-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Yes as this forum may not make it obvious we will be running servers for NS2. We will start with a pub server and will open up mod servers over time. As mods are developed we will integrate admin and reserved slot into this game as well. At minimum I plan to make it so current CS:S/CS:GO admins get reserved slot in NS2. However, it is possible that the rights will carry over just like now. Likely the existing subscription model and prices will remain and users will be able to get admin/reserved slot across all games.

Please keep in mind that NS2 is a totally different game and uses its own engine. Thus our existing admin system is not and likely never will be comparable. Likely a secondary one will be made and integrated into the existing system to allow for the cross platform support. THIS WILL TAKE TIME AND WILL BE HARD!

NS2 will release on the 10 year anniversary of the original 10/31/12:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ksgu56YjIUM&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=re9sqgeWFDM

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Here is a clip showing the original:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAAU6QMCYDQ&list=UUikjPYSpgq4nhy9THhALSjg&index=67&feature=plcp

XX0wnsXY
10-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Hmm..not likely that anything will take my attention from GW2, however, id be willing to try it and see what it's like (never played the original).

ZERO
10-10-2012, 01:15 PM
The original is a free mod for hl1 btw.

maynard
10-10-2012, 01:29 PM
so it's finally come out eh? you must be quite happy

ill pick it up eventually, prob after dishonored.

StarsMine
10-10-2012, 05:04 PM
hmm.. looks interesting.
Been playing a bit of lol this past 2 months though if people were wondering where I have been.

Xerenix
10-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Looks interesting,

Might pick this up.

ZERO
10-11-2012, 01:04 PM
hmm.. looks interesting.
Been playing a bit of lol this past 2 months though if people were wondering where I have been.
Good I expect great com-ing from you then.

acolyte_to_jippity
10-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Good I expect great com-ing from you then.

o.O

playing league does NOT make you a good commander in NS/NS2. that shit is insane

ZERO
10-13-2012, 01:59 PM
I still strongly favor the method of backseat coming. In that for marines one actual player is calling the strats from the ground and the com executing the plan. This frees up apm of the com to focus on implementing the strategy and predetermined build rather than trying to fly around the map and get data as to what the current state of the team is and where they need to be to win the game.

It is easier for those"on the ground" to see how well they are doing in particular areas of the map and where they can best gain strategic advantages. As the game matures and particular per hive builds/rushes are developed it will be easier for more people to com by first following the predefined recommend build for those conditions and then branching out from there.

I would com more but as I am usually one of the best shooters on the team I find it more valuable to have someone else com and then just get the team to implement a predefined build/hold pattern for that map/hive location.

What
10-13-2012, 07:52 PM
Can't wait, used to play it all the time, though suck as commander. Hopefully they have smoother out the controls better so lerks dont fly like a brick on a zip line, and maybe, just maybe, onus will actually be worth the time it takes to get.

ZERO
10-14-2012, 01:48 AM
Oh I wish learks worked like before. Forget fades, forget onos, NS1 aliens was all about the leark and that shit rocked! Especially in CO!

What
10-14-2012, 07:48 PM
That was kind of the problem they had these supposedly powerful aliens you would have to work hard to get but they just kind of blew and the basic ones worked the best, also probably because the onos had such a giant ass hit box.

ZERO
10-14-2012, 11:16 PM
Well I would usually go leark and then go onos if they ever managed to kill me...

The fun part about using leark is owning those jetpackers!

What
10-18-2012, 01:29 PM
I liked being the Gorge, especially if you can get set up behind enemy lines somewhere, and the webbing can be hilarious at times. A good gorge needs to be mobile, so many people just set up a huge base in one spot and then all it takes is some grenade launchers and your pretty much hosed.

CYBER
10-18-2012, 10:00 PM
seems like an interesting team game...
just wish I didnt have so much shit on my to-buy list :(

running out of funds ... and time to play lol