PDA

View Full Version : Dead Horse.

Rellikdloc
10-10-2012, 07:34 PM
I know this is beatin a dead horse, but the handicap sux. Its just way to high. Plus you have ppl who will leave and come back when they know they will start on 15 more than halfway thru the guns so they can get an easy win (cough cough mutt)seen it twice from him just today. I really think it should be low if none, i mean who cares for the ppl who come in late, let someone who actually played the whole map win. The late joiners will have thier chance next map, if they dont rq b/c they have to get thru all the guns to win.

Carmichal
10-10-2012, 07:39 PM
+1 agree to a capital T

brett friggin favre
10-10-2012, 09:33 PM
my thought process: it's fine, if you can't close and someone joins late and steals it, it's on you. but at the same time, i feel like repeatedly joining late should be rank manipulation, as they're subjecting themselves to less deaths and joining closer to the 5000 point boost that is a win. consistently doing less work to gain more points than the average player should be rank manipulation. so now i'm confused by my own thoughts: if i feel it should be punishable, but also that it's fine...wtf?

THE HOLY SH**T!
10-10-2012, 09:42 PM
should put them to 10/11 to make them go through the crappier sub machine guns, not by pass them.

StarsMine
10-11-2012, 12:50 AM
its one below the mean.
Meaning MOST people are above them, this handicap still puts them behind MOST people in the server while still giving them the chance to win.
Handicap should stay where its at.

acolyte_to_jippity
10-11-2012, 01:46 AM
leaving and coming back to gain levels is against the rules >.>

brett friggin favre
10-11-2012, 01:49 AM
leaving and coming back to gain levels is against the rules >.>

what he means is leaving at the end of one game, sitting out for a while, and joining the server again later on in the game so you skip the lower levels.

SCRIBBLE
10-11-2012, 06:38 AM
what he means is leaving at the end of one game, sitting out for a while, and joining the server again later on in the game so you skip the lower levels.

This happens far too often.

brett friggin favre
10-11-2012, 11:19 AM
right and it skills be punishable, however if we say the handicap is fine, isn't that contradictory?

CYBER
10-11-2012, 03:03 PM
in all honesty, as much as i want to join the hate crowd and scream out THE HANDICAP IS FINE!!!...
but it isnt.

Im fucking tired of people joining in on level 18 or wtvr the fuck they join at , get lucky a couple shots and BAM... win stolen.

Dont give me the crap about "regardless of wtvr they joined, if it was ur win u would have earned" because the other people did NOT earn it... the sub machine guns are by far the worst fucking guns in the server when it comes to consistency, closely followed by the fucking usp.

I vote that people STILL join at the mean-1 HOWEVER, there would be a cap of lv 9 , after which every player that joins starts at lv 9 regardless of where other players are.
Newcomers can easily pull a win since they would have the subs while others have pistols only/knife or nade.
And the people who fucking played the entire map and broke a sweat can actually buy time now to seal the deal...

I chose lv 9 SPECIFICALLY because I have noticed that many people join the game later to avoid the scout, bcos they cant aim properly if their life depended on it.
So yeah, max level to join at should be 9 , or 10 at most...
Vote to change.

Carmichal
10-11-2012, 03:10 PM
No handicap! Ever ever ever. Damn idea is a pos, and whoever came up with it is a pos. You have to earn your shit. NO FREE RIDES!

StarsMine
10-11-2012, 06:24 PM
its there so people who come in can jump right into the action instead of waiting 20 min to get a fair chance with everyone.
I have to agree that not winning beacause someone new took it, but honestly, they started one below the mean. They did not just start with a nade and beat you to that nade kill. They started significantly below the current leader.

Rellikdloc
10-11-2012, 07:55 PM
I def would not say they start significantly below the leader, ive seen like only 7 lvls behind thats not that much maybe even less, that could be one round of kills.

BladeTwinSwords
10-11-2012, 09:11 PM
its there so people who come in can jump right into the action instead of waiting 20 min to get a fair chance with everyone.
I have to agree that not winning beacause someone new took it, but honestly, they started one below the mean. They did not just start with a nade and beat you to that nade kill. They started significantly below the current leader.

Fair chance? Without the handicap, they have more powerful guns.

StarsMine
10-11-2012, 09:53 PM
I def would not say they start significantly below the leader, ive seen like only 7 lvls behind thats not that much maybe even less, that could be one round of kills.
that would mean the leader has a lot of people breathing down his neck. Since the handicap is one below the mean, you would have more then half the people playing closer to that leader then the new guy. Those guys will all be at that time bigger threats.

ricochet
11-09-2012, 09:55 PM
the handicap needs to be fixed.

1-mean doesn't work most of the time because you typically have people on lvl 3-4 and people on lvl 15 or above after half of the game. that lets newly joined people skip half the people in the game which isn't right.

Nemesis
11-10-2012, 03:04 AM
Why not just make them start on the level of the worst player in the server, then no one can bitch.

CYBER
11-10-2012, 06:40 AM
Why not just make them start on the level of the worst player in the server, then no one can bitch.son of a bitch... I have to agree with nemesis on this one.

Meltdown
11-10-2012, 04:58 PM
Let them start with a scout problem solved.

XX0wnsXY
11-10-2012, 06:20 PM
Let them start with a scout problem solved.

...no? Scout is easy.

brett friggin favre
11-10-2012, 08:47 PM
...no? Scout is easy.

though it would be an interesting idea to cap it out at scout level. no more noobz rejoining to pass scout with no admins around

CYBER
11-11-2012, 12:04 AM
i've always pushed to have it join at the LOWEST score in the game, with a cap at scout level as mentionned in many of my previous posts...
I still stand by that.

Steamer
11-11-2012, 03:10 PM
There is nothing wrong with the current handicap. All I do is knife....

On a real note, it would be nice to drop it a couple more levels, but I myself don't see it much a problem.

CYBER
11-11-2012, 06:48 PM
There is nothing wrong with the current handicap. All I do is knife....On a real note, it would be nice to drop it a couple more levels, but I myself don't see it much a problem.thats because u cant win for shit without the handicap, faggot. :)

Steamer
11-11-2012, 07:40 PM
I win when I want, faggot.

Rellikdloc
11-16-2012, 08:28 PM
sooo is the handi being lowered since the yes votes won?

What
11-17-2012, 01:50 AM
I would guess since its just a random poll, and it was 6-5, and noone looked at this for a while, um, no.

Rellikdloc
11-18-2012, 02:01 AM
its only been a week since some1 has replied to it. doesnt mean it hasnt been lookd at. and its 7-5