PDA

View Full Version : Rage mouse?

CYBER
10-12-2012, 03:54 AM
Sooo... I just accidentally raged on my never-ending disconnecting mouse in the middle of my game, so i unplugged it and smashed it repeatedly to the wall on my left.

On a side note, i need a new mouse:
1- doubt logitech will replace my G500 which was malfunctioning in the first place... you know, because i actually have to find the individual pieces now.
2- razr mamba vs g700 vs other for decent css gaming?

I used to like my g500 bcos it was precise enough for me to play stealth human bursts with ak, but still fast enough for me to do a complete 180 with vaga in one small swing. thoughts?

3- I really need to get me some relaxing pills... fuck engineering and everything... Aco the fb lurker can attest to the crappy life im busy with :)

maynard
10-12-2012, 05:08 AM
Sooo... I just accidentally raged on my never-ending disconnecting mouse in the middle of my game, so i unplugged it and smashed it repeatedly to the wall on my left.

That's the spirit!

but seriously, this is CS bro, you don't need a special mouse for it lol.....

nor will any form of mouse make you play better... buy whatever mouse you prefer for whatever reasons you prefer it.

Steamer
10-12-2012, 07:15 AM
Don't get the G9X, it's great and all, but the price is a bit up there. I would of settled for a Razer if I could turn back. Then again, I love the extra keys, flywheel, and wheight and palm adjustments.

SCRIBBLE
10-12-2012, 07:18 AM
Plenty of people do well with the default dell mouse so like maynard said, this is CS, it doesn't matter.

I use a Steel Series Sensei because of how often I'm on AutoCad but it's all about macro handling in regards to that. However, when playing CS I can not tell the difference between the Sensei and an off brand laser mouse because it's easy to adjust the game/computer settings for the mouse to fit my needs.

Chef C Green
10-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Scribble brings up a good point about the autocad. When I was working for Boeing over a co-op, they had those god awful secondary mouses (they look like the underside of old mouses but an enlarged ball joint to spin your solids on different axis). Some mouses I think have side ones for that incorporated into the mouse ergonomics which is nice and certainly my preference when doing a bit of drafting.

For at home use though, I prefer my Logitech (dunno the type, I know it by the Nano Lazer mouse?).
- Feels good in the hand
- USB transmitter is small (doesn't protrude from my laptop so I can keep it in all the time and still have freedom of movement)
- Responds well enough for my CSS gameplay (and I'm always on max 10 sensitivity, so I'm turning like crazy constantly haha)

Honestly just try out a few for feel, and if you don't like em then that's what the 30 day return policies are for :smirk:

Bout that engineering... I offer my friendly advice from experience:
GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN! (Switched from Arch Engr. to Culinary Science, best decision I made, but then again I love food which isn't for everyone... but not nearly as many all-nighters finishing 12-20pg lab reports/ ridiculous partials derivatives for physics/ finishing 12 views of hand-drafting... in one night... on the kitchen bar top with a 24 case of Monsters chilled in the fridge).

Do what ya love, so long as it pays for your lifestyle :icon_mrgreen:

Erdenay
10-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Well, Spasm, I guess I owe you 10 bucks. :icon_mrgreen:

Why am I not surprised that it was Cyber that SMASHED his mouse into a wall?

CYBER
10-12-2012, 08:11 PM
Well, Spasm, I guess I owe you 10 bucks. :icon_mrgreen:

Why am I not surprised that it was Cyber that SMASHED his mouse into a wall?

LOL
the sad part is that, just before smashing the mouse, i was like : ehm... if i smash the mouse, that's it, it would be gone forever... ANNNND i smashed it anyway. Cant tell you how fucking amazing was the feeling btw, it was disconnecting every time i move my hand, not really gaming friendly :p

on a side note, i bought the Logitech G700 and HOLY SHIT DO I FUCKING LOVE IT!!!! i cant tell you how fucking amazing and customizable (more than the g500)!
for me its amazing bcos i can not only rotate DPIs but i can also rotate profiles; i have one for normal windows, another for gaming with normal race with dpi increase to a knife-vaga race, and i have a third profile for MMOs with a fuckton of macro buttons...

It is fucking AMAZING! wireless AND usb-on-the-go-charging capability :)

so yeah, see u fuckers in game, u know, after i have done customizing and testing it in game for a few hours.

EDIT: oh and btw chef, im in software engineering and business management double-major, specializing in video game and web design.
So yeah im sticking to it! one year left:D

brett friggin favre
10-12-2012, 09:04 PM
i look forward to the first time the batteries die in-game. :wtg:

CYBER
10-12-2012, 11:22 PM
i look forward to the first time the batteries die in-game. :wtg:i keep it on usb for better rates/reports/detection bud

What
10-12-2012, 11:44 PM
That mouse will never replace the touch of a woman, remember that Cyber, nor can you consume it like so many tubs of ice cream which doubtlessly liter your floor providing a sticky reminder of what never was.

Erdenay
10-13-2012, 03:57 AM
Fine, guys, give him a break. We only have to wait another week until he starts raging again... And in a month or two, at the latest, we'll see another story of a mouse smashed down with a keyboard and a monitor thrown out of from the 6th floor. Brace yourselves, Cyber's rage is coming.

CYBER
10-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Fine, guys, give him a break. We only have to wait another week until he starts raging again... And in a month or two, at the latest, we'll see another story of a mouse smashed down with a keyboard and a monitor thrown out of from the 6th floor. Brace yourselves, Cyber's rage is coming.

ok , so there seems to be a universal fucking problem with Setpoint, the software that manages all Logitech products.
It seems that it loves to fucking conflict with the windows 7 x64 inner mouse settings (mouse pointer setting under rules), and keeps fucking resetting my "enhance pointer precision" to ON and whatnot , which fucks up my gaming because it adds acceleration and interpolation to the movement, rather than raw precise movement.

So after looking up for HOURS for solutions, most of which don't work, i finally found a fan-made program that fixes that issues.
I'm sharing it here for documentation because it's easy to miss deep in the internet, in case other people are facing same problems.

Basically, everytime a non-OS program tries to change the "OS" settings, (not the setpoint dpi and custom on-top settings) then it automatically resets it to a value u fix. U put a shortcut to this in startup and voila!
Enjoy :)

Steamer
10-13-2012, 06:32 PM
Yea... I don't have that problem in Windows 7 x64 with Setpoint. You sir, just have a run of shit luck.

maynard
10-13-2012, 06:59 PM
You sir, just have a run of shit luck.

have you ever met a mexican that's swimming in good luck?

Steamer
10-13-2012, 07:26 PM
Touche....

ZERO
10-13-2012, 09:59 PM
I should add that today I found out how much mouse pads can really effect your mouse. For years I have used a large razer pad. Sometimes my mouse would skip around like it was today and I always with this mouse had bad z-axes problems. I then saw on teamliquid a thread where someone said that my mouse worked better on white surfaces. So I put a piece of printer paper under the mouse and it instantly worked. I then put it back on the mouse pad and it started working a lot better. I still had some issues with tracking and when picking up the mouse and so I tested again with the paper and had 0 issues. So as a solution I taped the paper over my mouse pad. In addition to lower friction it now tracks perfectly with no z-axes problems! I plan to use this setup for a long time and see how it goes.

Perhaps for laser mice this is actually the best surface. Note though that I have high quality printer paper not the crap that starts to degrade and change color after a few months/year, this may impact how effective this method is.

CYBER
10-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Yea... I don't have that problem in Windows 7 x64 with Setpoint. You sir, just have a run of shit luck. at least my story is being heard... remember that, you will be telling your gay offspring about it one day.

Steamer
10-14-2012, 01:48 AM
Least they wont be Mexican.

I have noticed the same Zero. I tried the trick, I tend to swing my mouse a lot, for random things, and always fray up the paper and it annoys me. Also sweat up and dirty the ends of it. Want a nice white pad. The G9X supposedly fixed that problem with its "Darkfield" upgrade. I'm pretty sure this is what your referring to. The laser's inability to track properly on very dark, glossy, or glass surfaces.

ZERO
10-14-2012, 03:01 AM
Unfortunately the larger problem of them having poor mouse designs has not been fixed...

After years of using different mice I am happy to finally have one that I can use for literally 24 hours at a time without my had hurting!

Also yes tonight i hit the mouse down to hard a broke the paper while raging. However I can just get another piece of paper! That is what I love about this idea so far, I have infinite new mouse pad surfaces!

brett friggin favre
10-14-2012, 01:49 PM
about the paper thing, the mouse i used to use was laser, and it had problems on any cloth surface. i refuse to use hard surfaces due to the wear on pads and just lack of comfort, so i'm back to my old logitech g3, which works great on cloth despite also being laser.

ZERO
10-14-2012, 03:23 PM
Cleaned mouse pad, appears working great for now...

Steamer
10-14-2012, 05:13 PM
Careful where you fire Zero... :icon_mrgreen:

Sin
10-24-2012, 09:18 AM
ZOWIE AM-GS

Fucking love that thing.

Rage
10-24-2012, 11:44 AM
I've seen this topic about me for awhile now and decided to check wtf it has to do with me...

If you want to know what kind of mouse I have, its a microsoft wheel mouse optical 1.1A usb and ps/2 compatable....

if by chance you are saying RAGE MOUSE! like there is a mouse next to me, ok.