PDA

View Full Version : WCS Ibis Scrimmage

Erdenay
10-13-2012, 08:28 PM
Well, guys, I think we've had a good break without any scrimmages and I think it would be a good time to organize a new one. I think the main reason why we didn't have a new one coming after the last one as there's been fairly little interest - but if we'd actually show that we're interested in doing this, my assumption is that we'd see a new scrim coming. So, who would be interested in reigniting this project?

Interested (19):
Erdenay (regular)
Spasm (admin)
What (regular)
Cyber (admin)
Brett (admin)
Masskid (regular)
Assassin (regular)
Chef (regular)
Streamer (admin)
Wolfen (regular)
Scribble (admin)
StarsMine (admin)
Blackmage (admin)
Sin (admin)
Kygn (regular)
Paper (admin)
tj26 (regular)
XX0wnsXY (admin)
Mr. Giggles (regular)

Spasm
10-13-2012, 08:44 PM
I support this notion.

maynard
10-13-2012, 08:46 PM
if enough people show interest, ill host it as always.

What
10-13-2012, 09:09 PM
I haz interest as well also too, I missed the last one due to not being here but totes magoats!

CYBER
10-13-2012, 10:18 PM
I haz interest as well also too, I missed the last one due to not being here but totes magoats!
of course im down. As long as teams get properly balanced this time *cough* maynard do something about fucking spasm*cough*

maynard
10-13-2012, 10:20 PM
the hell can I do lol?

dudes a beast...

brett friggin favre
10-13-2012, 11:23 PM
-.- time to get back into wcs it seems. i can't resist another chance to make cyber rage.

Masskid
10-13-2012, 11:28 PM
of course im down. As long as teams get properly balanced this time *cough* maynard do something about fucking spasm*cough*
Can I be on Spasm's team??

Assassin
10-13-2012, 11:58 PM
Admin only? If not why not.

maynard
10-14-2012, 12:19 AM
depends how many people are interested. we will look over the next bit how many show interest. we could always do a admin/regular mixed game if need be.

Erdenay
10-14-2012, 01:07 AM
depends how many people are interested. we will look over the next bit how many show interest. we could always do a admin/regular mixed game if need be.

That's what I think would be the best.

Steamer
10-14-2012, 01:52 AM
Interest. I want Spasm though, need him to carry my failure.

Assassin
10-14-2012, 09:23 AM
Yeah don't know how many regs are gonna see this as most don't come to the forums on the reg like I do, and no masskid fuck off. We said balanced teams not everyone stack one side and laugh.

CYBER
10-14-2012, 09:40 AM
Can I be on Spasm's team??i want brett and tom. Take whoever the fuck u want.

maynard
10-14-2012, 10:08 AM
i want brett and tom. Take whoever the fuck u want.

yeah, but they don't want you lol.

CYBER
10-14-2012, 10:48 AM
yeah, but they don't want you lol.us mexicans are lone riders.

U know, until we get that at taco tacos or taco bell. Jokes aside, i do have a concern about how teams are usually balanced, it's based on stats whereas it should be based on individual assesment based on compabitibity with their team and on their reputation and success rate in games.
With opposite stats, someone might be a better laid-back late-game clutcher (tom comes to mind) and another is more of an early game agressive pressure gaming (old me).

Stats dnt mean shit in wcs, it depends on how they play. My kdr goes downhill sometimes if i was playing vaga and i get respawned with the fucking left hand glitch 3 times in a row.

Blah blah, all im asking is that this time u look beyond stats, and more about how members fit in teams based on their daily gameplay, and how they play with other members.

When u go into the server and see 2 players on 2 different teams, sometimes u prefer joining the guy with the lower kdr bcos u play well with them.

I'd face off against against aleko and wolf or masskid or ronnie anytime, but i'd hate going head to head with tom bcos he understands my gaming, and he has barely half their kdr lol...

And as for spasm? He used to scare the living fuck out of me in game, when i used to see his nametag, i couldnt focus on killin him bcos id be thinking about how i was gonna die lol. But even now, i'd rather go against spasm on the server (even if he still outmatches me, i'd keep rotating tactics strategically until i find something that works.) and spasm is a fun guy to bash heads in game with. Tom is just an asshole lol

Nway, im gonna go back to studying, bcos im rambling as usual.

maynard
10-14-2012, 11:42 AM
you don't have the slightest clue on how I do it.. cause I check peoples stats doesn't mean it's the only factor. Ive never only looked at stats, now stop being a cry baby and be quiet, or ill make sure you're with people you don't wana be with.

Spasm
10-14-2012, 12:06 PM
you don't have the slightest clue on how I do it.. cause I do check peoples stats doesn't mean it's the only factor. Ive never only looked at stats, now stop being a cry baby and be quiet, or ill make sure you're with people you don't wana be with.

He's already crying lol.

Chef C Green
10-14-2012, 12:57 PM
Interest. I want Spasm though, need him to carry my failure.

If that's your reasoning, I'd need Tom, Spasm, Aleko, etc. to even begin to offset my fail :headache:

But yeah, I'd be interested :icon_mrgreen:, if nothing more meat shield ftw! On a side note though, seeing as this will not be in the next week or two (most likely), put me in as a REG player. Cancelling admin-ship for a while again. TIME TO PRACTICE!

brett friggin favre
10-14-2012, 01:44 PM
If that's your reasoning, I'd need Tom, Spasm, Aleko, etc. to even begin to offset my fail :headache:

But yeah, I'd be interested :icon_mrgreen:, if nothing more meat shield ftw! On a side note though, seeing as this will not be in the next week or two (most likely), put me in as a REG player. Cancelling admin-ship for a while again. TIME TO PRACTICE!

you can play like chi town did last time...lol

Chef C Green
10-14-2012, 01:54 PM
you can play like chi town did last time...lol

Missed his performance? I'm gonna go out on a limb and presume it wasn't the most... practical gameplay?

brett friggin favre
10-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Missed his performance? I'm gonna go out on a limb and presume it wasn't the most... practical gameplay?

his job was to sit in spawn and rez us

Chef C Green
10-14-2012, 02:56 PM
his job was to sit in spawn and rez us

Yeah, I could definitely see this being my popular strategy haha.

Wolfenstinger
10-14-2012, 03:14 PM
I'll hop in on this scrim depending on when it takes place (day wise). I don't check the forums OFTEN but can usually be contacted easily via STEAM if i remember to have it up.

(REG)

Erdenay
10-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Sweet, we already got 10 people interested and it's not even up for 24 hours. Anyways, I'm thinking Nov 2-3 or 9-10 would be the best dates for this.

SCRIBBLE
10-14-2012, 03:27 PM
I'll play again.

StarsMine
10-14-2012, 03:31 PM
Ill go again, give me a reason to stop playing lol and play CSS again.

Erdenay
10-14-2012, 03:34 PM
As of now, we have 12 people who expressed interest - 6 regulars and 6 admins. We could do a regs vs admins or a mash up (which is what I'd prefer).

CYBER
10-14-2012, 04:42 PM
// This is what i remember from last match.... i'm doing some java studying now, and yes i know the following doesnt make any programming sense... so yeah, here's how i remember it:

try{
Zero.copyWCSraceDataFromTo(regularServer, scrimServer);
}
catch(Exception zeroCopiedTheWrongFuckingDataForVoid) // Error Caught here because God knows what Zero was drinking that day
{
System.out.print ("ahh... fuck it. Keep void proc 100% from the test server. Trollol");
Void.procRate = "100 fucking %";
}

public void startMap(){
for(int round=0;round<10;round++)
{
Cyber.kills(brett,Jack);
Brett.respawn(shadow hunter);
Cyber.buy(anti wards);
Cyber.kill(brett, Shadow Hunter); // Again...
Brett.respawn(Shadow Of the Void);
Cyber.kill(Brett, Shadow Of the Void);

if(void.procRate.equalsIgnoreCase("100 fucking %"))
{Cyber.DieFromVoid();}
else{
Spasm.showUpFrom(nowhere);
Spasm.kill(Cyber, "wtvr the fuck he was");
}
Brett.respawn(Nebula);
Cyber.out.print("FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU");
}

maynard
10-14-2012, 05:29 PM
there were people who failed a lot more than chitown last scrim.

SCRIBBLE
10-14-2012, 05:32 PM
I don't remember how I did. Where can I find the demo?

CYBER
10-14-2012, 07:16 PM
there were people who failed a lot more than chitown last scrim.acooo, where are u?:p looool . The 2 best things i enjoyed that match were me and starsmine's quadruple summon on spasm and chitown hahaa, that shit was epic. Also the socks+eye rae summoning of steamr off a cliff to his death:)

brett friggin favre
10-14-2012, 08:42 PM
i vote for the 4 best players to be on the same team, they can only be magician, and the 5th member is a rezzing race.

Assassin
10-15-2012, 01:02 AM
i vote for the 4 best players to be on the same team, they can only be magician, and the 5th member is a rezzing race.
Holy shit I agree with this. Except it has to be both teams

Blackmage
10-15-2012, 01:27 AM
I'd love to finally have time to get in on this, if we avoid sundays as seems to be the plan, I should be set.

My brother (Kygn) would be interested too.

maynard
10-15-2012, 03:42 AM
if you're brother is interested... he actually has 2 show his own interest.

Sin
10-15-2012, 09:16 AM
I'm down son... haven't played in awhile. :O

kygn
10-15-2012, 12:06 PM
Interested.

Erdenay
10-15-2012, 12:15 PM
15 people so far - I'd say pretty decent turn out so far. Will be curious how it will turn out as far as teams are concerned.

StarsMine
10-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Your confusing interest with a RSVP erdenay.

Erdenay
10-15-2012, 12:56 PM
Your confusing interest with a RSVP erdenay.

Not really. If they're responding here, it shows that they're interested. There may be more potential players who might be interested and just haven't seen the thread, but those people who have expressed themselves in the thread would indicate interest, thus the reply.

::Paper::
10-15-2012, 03:50 PM
I would join as well

Spasm
10-15-2012, 04:22 PM
15 people so far - I'd say pretty decent turn out so far. Will be curious how it will turn out as far as teams are concerned.

Though I support it, I prob won't be able to play as I am moving on nov 1st-4th.

What
10-15-2012, 09:07 PM
Though I support it, I prob won't be able to play as I am moving on nov 1st-4th.

Oh now that is truly terrible, truly, truly terrible. Darn. Curse the Gods! What shall we do now? I know! We can live for more than two to five seconds a round!

Towel

tj26
10-15-2012, 10:19 PM
i certainly could play depending on time

XX0wnsXY
10-15-2012, 11:35 PM
Im down as long as its sat or sun

Mr. Giggles
10-16-2012, 12:11 AM
sounds like fun, id like to get this going :)

Erdenay
10-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Any news on this?

maynard
10-29-2012, 05:46 PM
Any news on this?

a scrim will take place in Nov at some point. busy right now with mah new job, once things are a bit more solid and I know my schedule isn't going 2 change ill put something together.

What
11-20-2012, 12:35 AM
This still on pace for november, or does it have to be pushed back?

XX0wnsXY
11-20-2012, 01:58 AM

There may be a lot going on for people during the holidays. Im still game...but people might be busy.

Erdenay
11-20-2012, 02:28 AM

Pretty sure it won't be happening November.. At best, at December, but we need to hope that one of the clan members would free up some time to organize this.

maynard
11-20-2012, 10:31 AM
well I got weds thurs off from work right now. if you guys are ok with doing it on one of those 2 days in the future, I can arrange something. if weekend works better for everyone, I can get another clan 2 step in and run it.

let me know what you guys prefer.

Erdenay
11-20-2012, 12:17 PM
well I got weds thurs off from work right now. if you guys are ok with doing it on one of those 2 days in the future, I can arrange something. if weekend works better for everyone, I can get another clan 2 step in and run it.

let me know what you guys prefer.

For me personally, there's no way that I'd be able to make Thursday and I'd rather do it on Saturday, if possible. Wednesday would be probably okay, but I'd rather not have it then. I'd almost prefer next weekend over this one.

Spasm
11-20-2012, 12:57 PM
You guys decide on the time I will let you know if I am able to come.

What
11-20-2012, 12:59 PM
With enough notice I can do either time, but it is likely that the weekend is going to allow more people to come, Tom could you throw a poll on this thread about what times best for people?

XX0wnsXY
11-20-2012, 01:00 PM
For me personally, there's no way that I'd be able to make Thursday and I'd rather do it on Saturday, if possible. Wednesday would be probably okay, but I'd rather not have it then. I'd almost prefer next weekend over this one.

well for meeee personally can only do it on a monday between the hours of 1pm and 2pm. id prefer the Monday after next, but not any Monday after that. after the monday after next, I will only be available sundays between 10 and 11pm, but only starting on November 9th and lasting until November 10th. after that......

fuck it..you get the point...

no troll is worth typing this out on a touch keyboard.

SCRIBBLE
11-20-2012, 01:21 PM
I took a week off for a vacation. I will be busy again Monday, 26NOV. I am free until then.

Erdenay
11-20-2012, 01:55 PM
well for meeee personally can only do it on a monday between the hours of 1pm and 2pm. id prefer the Monday after next, but not any Monday after that. after the monday after next, I will only be available sundays between 10 and 11pm, but only starting on November 9th and lasting until November 10th. after that......

fuck it..you get the point...

no troll is worth typing this out on a touch keyboard.

Oh, milady, how wrong are you - there are a lot of trolls worth typing that out on a touch keyboard!

Poll up.

Wolfenstinger
11-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Next Weekend is open for me. This weekend is iffy.

What
11-28-2012, 08:56 PM
so "next weekend" is fast approaching so I'm guessing this gonna be pushed back some more?

CYBER
11-28-2012, 10:23 PM
so "next weekend" is fast approaching so I'm guessing this gonna be pushed back some more?

personally i hope it gets pushed back all the way to the winter holidays...
a lot of ppl, like myself, will be busy with final projects and finals... and most of us can spare a few hours in hte holidays i guess... provided its not christmas eve lol

What
11-28-2012, 10:43 PM
personally i hope it gets pushed back all the way to the winter holidays...
a lot of ppl, like myself, will be busy with final projects and finals... and most of us can spare a few hours in hte holidays i guess... provided its not christmas eve lol

maybe so, but I for one will be traveling so from like december 17-january 5th im not gonna be anywhere near a computer

maynard
11-29-2012, 12:59 PM
I asked what days work best for people and gave 2 options... people were talking about days that were not in the given options, and past that like 3-4 people commented... so in short. there's no plan for a scrim given no one has shown interest or made a move regarding what's going 2 work best for them.

Erdenay
11-29-2012, 07:27 PM
Fml...

What
11-29-2012, 09:08 PM
How about this, just arbitrarily set a firm date at some point in like January or February. Then Tom, since he's such a mench, can update the thread with that information, people can plan ahead, and we dont have to be wrangling cats out here.

maynard
11-30-2012, 12:52 AM
protocol is the same as always. if enough people are interested. the actual scrim thread will be unlocked and people can apply for the positions.

anex
11-30-2012, 10:33 AM
Well, whenever the next scrim is decided, I'll dish out some better prizes than in the past. (Not just bragging rights)

Depending on how many people will be in the next scrim, prizes will be anything from reserved slot to games like Far Cry 3 and Black Ops 2.

CYBER
11-30-2012, 11:23 AM
prizes will be anything from reserved slot to games like Far Cry 3.

somehow i feel like maynard will actually want to COMPETE in this scrim

Erdenay
11-30-2012, 11:58 AM
Well, whenever the next scrim is decided, I'll dish out some better prizes than in the past. (Not just bragging rights)

Depending on how many people will be in the next scrim, prizes will be anything from reserved slot to games like Far Cry 3 and Black Ops 2.

I really don't think that prizes are the issue here - from what I've seen after talking with quite a few people, most of them just actually want to play in a competitive scrim. Then again, those type of rewards would most definitely bring in more people in the fray.

Masskid
11-30-2012, 02:11 PM
Can we just put it during Christmas break?? >.<

What
11-30-2012, 02:13 PM
It not really an issue if people are interested, its more of an issue of getting them off their perverbial ass and posting something on the forums. I mean 3 times more people voted in the poll than responded to it, I'm gonna try and get the people i see in the server to actually post something here, and if there are tangible prizes, that could be a good motivating tool.

>>>Shots<<<
12-16-2012, 10:57 AM
I am interested in the scrimmage.

CYBER
12-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Can we just put it during Christmas break?? >.<
seconded..
finals are killing me -.-

Locust
12-20-2012, 02:38 PM
I'm pretty much always around and I would be interested in a scrim. I would just need someone to tell me when it is cause i don't read the forums that often

Assassin
12-21-2012, 02:03 PM
Yeah I'm good to do it during X-mas break. Just give us the day.

Masskid
12-21-2012, 02:32 PM
According to my calendar I should be free for the entire break

Spasm
12-25-2012, 10:16 PM
open thursday for sure, friday night and sat night too after 7

What
12-30-2012, 10:57 PM
How about MLK day, that should have most people off.

What
01-06-2013, 12:58 AM
SOOOOOOO, why don't we clean this thread up a bit and try again?

Erdenay
01-06-2013, 05:44 PM
SOOOOOOO, why don't we clean this thread up a bit and try again?

There's not much we can do. As community, we've shown interest and now we can only hope that higher ups will have some time to organize it some day. I do like that you and some others keep reminding them, but I'd not get my hopes too high any time soon.

maynard
01-06-2013, 06:04 PM
actually as a community you didn't show interest.... I finally agreed 2 throwing it together, and gave the timeline and asked what of specific days would work best... and like what... 4 people responded....

getting people 2 say "oh sure! id like 2 scrim" and getting them 2 commit 2 a date are 2 diff things.

StarsMine
01-06-2013, 06:25 PM
Many people are interested, there is however no one willing at this time to spend the time to be the leader of the movement.
Im sorry maynard but it probably would have been better to just set a date instead of giving a vague week, because for many of us who had the week off any day would be fine. Then it just feels silly to comment any day is fine. The only people who needed to post were the people who could not do some day in the week.

What
01-06-2013, 06:31 PM
actually as a community you didn't show interest.... I finally agreed 2 throwing it together, and gave the timeline and asked what of specific days would work best... and like what... 4 people responded....

getting people 2 say "oh sure! id like 2 scrim" and getting them 2 commit 2 a date are 2 diff things.

I understand that and want to make another run at the thing, but rather than spooking people with the length of the thread and all the hemming and hawing I thought it would be good to clean it up a bit rather than making a whole new thread for a scrimmage.

maynard
01-06-2013, 06:41 PM
I gave the option of 2 days, and asked which is better for those who applied. 4 people or so replied cause people were going and forcing people 2 come on and show support online for a scrim... but that doesn't work out so well when it comes time 2 actually make plans. I even gave ample time for replies...

don't put it on me.

@what

there is no problem making the additional thread 2 show people who are interested. but when time comes 2 apply, and put down when they wana play... they need 2 do it. half of the people who said they wana play said they want 2 do it on dates that were not even the provided hosted times lol...

StarsMine
01-06-2013, 06:45 PM
im sorry I was not trying to put everything on you. I and most people(I can only assume) seemed confused as to where things were going, I mean that poll on top is like a month old, It was not very clear.
Next time something like this is attemted clearer leadership would be a huge help. If what is interested I am fine with him doing it. As for me, school is starting up and I am having quite a bit of trouble with keeping my GPA up. I dont know how much I can help lead this particular thing when I am on Academic probation.

maynard
01-06-2013, 06:46 PM
how was there not clear leadership? I hosted all the scrims, said I will do it... gave 2 options for dates... and only like 4 people showed interest... even if everyone went with the days I provided which they didn't... it wasn't even enough people for one 5 man team....

StarsMine
01-06-2013, 06:49 PM
I dont remember such a post, probably got buried. Im not trying to attack you here. Updating the main post and directing people to that would be quite helpful.

maynard
01-06-2013, 06:50 PM
fuck you stars, you're no longer invited 2 my birthday party. ya... deal with it.

once I get my new PC ill try and get something going for you guys in the following weeks at some point.

now... GET OFF MY BACK!:smirk:

Sin
01-08-2013, 03:31 PM
Just do it on a Friday/Saturday night or something. Like the last ones.

Erdenay
02-07-2013, 03:57 PM
All Quiet on the Eastern Front.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-07-2013, 05:41 PM
All Quiet on the Eastern Front.

off topic, but that was actually a damn good book.

Erdenay
02-07-2013, 05:45 PM
off topic, but that was actually a damn good book.

Well, the actual book was about the Western front. Other than that, Remarque is one of my favourite authors and I've read most of his books at least twice. IMHO, this one was one of his weaker ones too. Have you ever read the Black Obelisk or 3 Friends?

acolyte_to_jippity
02-07-2013, 05:52 PM
Well, the actual book was about the Western front. Other than that, Remarque is one of my favourite authors and I've read most of his books at least twice. IMHO, this one was one of his weaker ones too. Have you ever read the Black Obelisk or 3 Friends?

sorry, i should have clarified. damn good book we were forced to read for school. when compared to dubliners and other such things, it was a fucking godsend. i'd say, 6/10. would not read again. (most books we had to read were 2 or 3/10, would gladly burn again)

Erdenay
02-07-2013, 06:05 PM
sorry, i should have clarified. damn good book we were forced to read for school. when compared to dubliners and other such things, it was a fucking godsend. i'd say, 6/10. would not read again. (most books we had to read were 2 or 3/10, would gladly burn again)

Fair enough. I'd rate 7.5/10 or 8/10 whereas some of the others are 9's and 10's. The only author for me personally that matches his brilliance is Tolkien and *maybe* G. R. R. Martin.

What
02-08-2013, 01:19 AM
what a sad state of affairs this thread has been plunged into.

What
03-08-2013, 02:20 AM
*brushes dust off*

so....

Wolfenstinger
03-08-2013, 06:29 PM
Soooo...

Locust
03-08-2013, 07:26 PM
*Crickets*

Erdenay
03-16-2013, 02:53 PM
*Crickets*

I'd highly recommend this while you wait:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTEWOydVcdk

Chef C Green
03-16-2013, 04:01 PM
I'd highly recommend this while you wait:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTEWOydVcdk

If you guys are just gonna bring up a thread that's been dead and revived over and over for the past 5 months, why not re-evaluate your approach. These sort of posts don't help your cause if you do want a scrimmage to happen...

Organization has been the issue for this not following through, has it not? There needs to be constant participation between the people on the server and those organizing the event through the forums if you want this to happen sooner rather than later.

1) Discuss the idea with people on the servers and get a consensus as to when everyone is available (ex: College term is ending for me, as I imagine it is for many others)
2) Once you've gotten a feel for their availability, re-approach clan members (through private chats, not threads) and give them your pitch, offering your data of the date(s) that work well for server regulars.
3) START A NEW THREAD - referencing this one if you wish - giving a general outline of A) Who wants to participate, B) The maps/how teams will work after working it out with clan and C) How players should post their application for the scrim. When comparing this scrim thread to the past successful one, there was a well-formulated process going into the discussion, as opposed to asking who's interested which constantly digressed discussions.
4) CONSTANTLY bring it up in the servers. Encourage players to get on the forums, upload their apps as soon as possible so dates don't come and go, resulting in a 5 month thread duration of unsuccessful planning.

This would be my suggestion to making things happen, as opposed to "dusting off" old threads without any new organized planning taking place. I'm not trying to be a dick, but rather realistic that when a thread is posted to begin an event, it should already be 70-80% organized by the people participating in it. The thread is to make it legit and update important relevant information to the event.

Hope to see some progress made, as I'm still just as interested as when it was brought up at the beginning.

Erdenay
03-16-2013, 06:37 PM
If you guys are just gonna bring up a thread that's been dead and revived over and over for the past 5 months, why not re-evaluate your approach. These sort of posts don't help your cause if you do want a scrimmage to happen...

Organization has been the issue for this not following through, has it not? There needs to be constant participation between the people on the server and those organizing the event through the forums if you want this to happen sooner rather than later.

1) Discuss the idea with people on the servers and get a consensus as to when everyone is available (ex: College term is ending for me, as I imagine it is for many others)
2) Once you've gotten a feel for their availability, re-approach clan members (through private chats, not threads) and give them your pitch, offering your data of the date(s) that work well for server regulars.
3) START A NEW THREAD - referencing this one if you wish - giving a general outline of A) Who wants to participate, B) The maps/how teams will work after working it out with clan and C) How players should post their application for the scrim. When comparing this scrim thread to the past successful one, there was a well-formulated process going into the discussion, as opposed to asking who's interested which constantly digressed discussions.
4) CONSTANTLY bring it up in the servers. Encourage players to get on the forums, upload their apps as soon as possible so dates don't come and go, resulting in a 5 month thread duration of unsuccessful planning.

This would be my suggestion to making things happen, as opposed to "dusting off" old threads without any new organized planning taking place. I'm not trying to be a dick, but rather realistic that when a thread is posted to begin an event, it should already be 70-80% organized by the people participating in it. The thread is to make it legit and update important relevant information to the event.

Hope to see some progress made, as I'm still just as interested as when it was brought up at the beginning.

I would agree with you, Chef, if we'd have not tried quite a few of these. I'll answer all of your points, but in case I'm wrong, I'd be more than glad to admit and get this working some way.

1. This has been done and I still do this with quite a few people (including regulars, admins, ULAs and even clan). I've been trying to rouse the community somewhat but without maynard willing to organize it (or pass it to someone else from clan who'd be willing), we're at an impasse.

2. This has been done and I know that at least 2 (With another few being interested) clan members that have been very interested in this idea and who want this to happen, but again, we have someone who has committed to the organization of the Scrim, yet lately doesn't have time to do anything about it.

3. This has been tried and the threads have been shutdown with me (or others) being told by Maynard that this there can only be one thread at the time and that ONLY clan can organize it (which means admins and ULA's are also excluded from organization).

4. This is a good suggestion and something probably should be done about this. I do bring it up every now and then, but I could do it much more often and just get some other people to do it as well.

So yeah, I completely agree that there is too little organization, but we seemed to have something going, but then the person who took it up just disappeared. Furthermore, Chef, you must remember that we (as in non-clan or nobodies) can't make the official thread or even another thread as we were not allowed to do that.

maynard
03-17-2013, 03:58 AM
One was supposed to take place last month roughly, but i ended up with a lung infection... And the flu... Twice.

I'll be taking a.vacation from work within a Month, will schedule a scrim for when I'm on vacation. Will let you guys know more when i have the specific dates

Erdenay
03-17-2013, 10:15 AM
One was supposed to take place last month roughly, but i ended up with a lung infection... And the flu... Twice.

I'll be taking a.vacation from work within a Month, will schedule a scrim for when I'm on vacation. Will let you guys know more when i have the specific dates

Sweet. Thank you :)

Erdenay
04-18-2013, 04:37 PM
Any news?

maynard
04-18-2013, 05:42 PM
Lookin good for Friday May 3'rd

CYBER
04-18-2013, 06:14 PM
Lookin good for Friday May 3'rd
im down. i'd be FINALLY done with my motherfucking exams.

Locust
04-18-2013, 08:13 PM
Fuck man that's like my 2nd to last week of class :/ gonna have a lot of shit to do.

Erdenay
04-18-2013, 08:22 PM
lol. FML. During finals. Still, hopefully I'll be able to make it.

What
04-18-2013, 08:31 PM
Works good for me, I'm on a different system so thats only week 6 for me.

Wolfenstinger
04-19-2013, 06:40 AM
May 3rd, I should be Available.

Erdenay
04-21-2013, 01:24 AM
Quick question to Maynard: are we going to have signup sheet or is it just going to be who shows and then scramble? Are we allowed to make teams or should we wait for a the organizer to draw the teams?

maynard
04-21-2013, 11:08 AM
same as always. the official scrim thread will be opened and people will have 2 apply

CYBER
04-21-2013, 11:52 AM
same as always. the official scrim thread will be opened and people will have 2 applyi'd like to specifically request to be put on the crappiest team, possibly with 4 other people who havent even leveled bloodmage yet. You know, just so i can get the feel of a USUAL fucking wcs game for me -.- ... Hell, i wouldn't think i'd know how to play if i was part of the stacked team anymore, that's how fucked up this wcs shit's been. That said, im soo down for another scrim! Maynard if u need any help hosting i can take myself out of the equation and help: i dnt mind either playing or helping host.

StarsMine
04-21-2013, 12:06 PM
hmmm friday, I think I can do that but Ill have to conferm

brett friggin favre
04-21-2013, 12:13 PM
i'd like to specifically request to be put on the crappiest team, possibly with 4 other people who havent even leveled bloodmage yet. You know, just so i can get the feel of a USUAL fucking wcs game for me -.- ... Hell, i wouldn't think i'd know how to play if i was part of the stacked team anymore, that's how fucked up this wcs shit's been. That said, im soo down for another scrim! Maynard if u need any help hosting i can take myself out of the equation and help: i dnt mind either playing or helping host.

it really must be wcs scrim time. cyber's regular bitchiness has increased threefold.

CYBER
04-21-2013, 02:05 PM
it really must be wcs scrim time. cyber's regular bitchiness has increased threefold.

NOPE, not that time of the month yet, i thought we talked about this, hoe.

but let's face it... I'm almost usually the forced volunteer when it comes to unstacking teams just because i feel bad for the other team sometimes... not that it helps bcos i'm not that great of a player compared to the others who happen to always be the stackers.

What
04-21-2013, 02:36 PM
Bitch please

Wolfenstinger
04-21-2013, 04:35 PM
cts are stacked.

Erdenay
04-21-2013, 05:11 PM
cts are stacked.

It is known.