Conversation Between ZERO and CYBER

69 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. Hey Z, hows it going!? How feasible do you think it is to have our own 7 days to die server?
    We could have a community base for the people who start new (if many days have passed already) where they can level up in there with the help of other players, similarly to how wcs used to force newcomers to rely on assistance and items they pick up, or they can then wander in the wild and do wtvr they want. It can be pvp or pve only depending on how much grievances happen. TOS would still apply in terms of grieving and team killing and just being a total cunt. but i could find this like ZM mode meets gg meets wcs, but harder.... Thoughts on how much it would cost to have or maintain or populate?

Reason why i suggest 7 days it's because the servers we have are population-reliant, if there arent players on, u cant ZM GG or wcs (obviously... it's dead).. but in 7days, one player CAN just join and play if there arent any other players on, and effectively drag more ppl to join them
  2. oh and fyi, the text box (wisywig?) would actually flash white sometimes right after it stops freezing. thought i'd let you know in case it mattered
  3. Yeah my sig keeps "everything" at 100% uptime :P
    No but seriously, I'll try to keep an eye out and maybe next time I can check all google processes to see what's cooking.
  4. I tested in chrome with 2 tabs and typing and could not recreate. I will try to let it sit there for a long time and see what occurs. In my case the mem usage after the page loads does not keep increasing although due to your sig my cpu usage is a constant 100%. Even with constant 100% cpu due to a gif image I do not have any crashes or lag besides minor lag due to 100% cpu. Do you have any plugins ect on chrome that you could disable and see if they are not working correctly. I will test on other systems as well. Also keep in mind that all the systems I test on are no later than version 50 b/c chrome is broken starting in version 51.
  5. if you have hoverzoom like myself, please open the link in a separate page because it's 3 images in a row (album).
    There was a HUGE delay in typing, like 8-14 characters behind the keypresses i was making, even with only ONE ibis tab open...
    I think WE are noticing the memory leak build up in mafia games more often because we spend AT LEAST 8 minutes page page reading and analysing retards and their posts... as opposed to the other casual people that open a page and post withing 3 minutes.
  6. Actually zero i AM using 10 posts per page only because I was having this leak for a long time ..
    So it just happened to me now, ALSO in a mafia game, and it happened when I opened 2 ibis forums tabs (needed to write smthn in mafia game but needed to check first post to see list of players in the game posted there.). THIS is what happened for 5 minutes. Here are the first 3 minutes of it.
    I think it's the wysiwig pluging conflicting or internally crashing. I had that happen to me when developing a site before. It's basically restarting on an infinite loop until you force it to stop.
    http://imgur.com/a/Lbo1P
  7. Not sure how your viewing 20 posts per page but can you try to set it to 10 and see if that resolves your issue. I am using firefox and viewing 10 per page gives me no issues. I also tested on chrome with 10 per page and no issue. Although I tested on chrome 50. The latest version of chrome has such poor performance we had to revert back to the older one. We use chrome at work for regulatory compliance, and when the latest version came out so many places were having issues the company which provides some of our industry web based software services called for everyone to revert and block chrome updates until google can fix it.

So first I would recommend to change to view 10 per page and see if that helps and if not try firefox to verify if the issue is just chrome or not. I will continue testing especially on any pages you tell me your having issues on from different computers and setups to see if I can recreate.
  8. Hey. Currently I use chrome on the latest stable build (will check version later). OS doesn't matter bcos this happens on all 5 of my computer AND my nexus 6p which also uses chrome now that I think about it.

I will take a look at which pages exactly but I can tell you that the current mafia game (watch tower) has caused this recently as well, on page 12 when I was loading at 20 posts per page.
  9. Cyber please send me some links to the pages you are talking about so I can take a look. That is very strange, my laptop at work is very very under powered often running at 90+% of its 4gb ram and often using 100% cpu just browsing the web. Often many news sites lockup my browser or completely crash my computer. I however, have never had any problem loading or using this site so I need to see if I get the same issues on the pages you have trouble with.

Also please let me know what browser and version your running.
  10. Hey Zero? Quick question. How much of an overhaul (time/budget) would it take to revamp the forums? I feel like there is some MASSIVE overhead and memory leak somewhere in the design of this forums (Especially if you make the mistake of opening 20+ posts per thread page.
    I can't pinpoint what it is, but for some reason, even the act of SCROLLING up or down on page threads, especially in the mafia section, causes the tab to freeze, overload an 8gb RAM card, and only display "processing request" at the bottom of the chrome status bar for about 15 minutes with no result, even more if you attempt to scroll again during that time instead of stopping all movements.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 69
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast